Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Employee Reviews

Found 3,154 reviews matching the search
Need to have a flexibility with schedule,and strong customer service skills
Stores Complex Manager (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 25, 2017
Best part of this job is that you meet a wide range of people,and you get to be apart of the guest experience. The schedule can be difficult and inconsistent. Good Benefits, including park perks and 401K. The job requires that they will be on there feet, with some bending and lifting. Working at the park requires a high level of customer service and a positive attitude. Each day can be different, so flexibility is a must. Cast members in the park are union, except for management and support. Advancement is limited. Overall it is a pleasant place to work. Management can be supportive, yearly reviews and many tools to help CM be successful.
Pros
Disney park sign-ins for family, merchandise discounts, cast member only events
Cons
Schedules are assigned by seniority, during peak times it can be hard to get time off.
Walt Disney World
Labor Administration and Time Team (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 28, 2016
I learned so much working for Walt Disney World. I learned that in order to make it in the business world, being kind, considerate, open minded, compassionate, and strong are things I need to be to succeed. I enjoyed working with people I could build up and to help them understand their potential.

The hardest part of this job is, unfortunately, dealing with people who do not have the strongest morals. This can include people from all departments, and stages of career. It is hard to trust people who don't trust themselves, and should not be trusted by others to do the jobs they do.

A typical day for me was pretty consistent. I ran reports pretty much all day, and when not running reports I would be doing data entry and answering emails and phone calls. I also was a trainer and loved teaching other employees how to accurately do the tasks at hand. Daily I would work with people, help resolve their problems, and hopefully make someone's day better and easier.
Pros
Training, Learning, Positive Problem Resolution, Gaining Positive Relationships, Benefits and Networking
Cons
Negative Coworkers, lack of management compassion
It's Disney!
E-Commerce Sales & Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 28, 2016
Working here is great with the benefits you receive as an employee and your co-workers and management really make it feel like a laid back environment, but there is overtime that you are REQUIRED to work. Not just, an hour here or there if you can but 10 hours at a time and it can go on for months. It makes it really difficult to find time for family or even to be fully rested unless you're single and have no kids or significant other.
Pros
great benefits, health insurance, free entry to park
Cons
no work/life balance, required overtime
A typical work place
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLFebruary 6, 2017
The hardest part of the job is just trying to order things that you have no idea of what it looks like and when its a time sensitive item. It is also hard when someone before you messes up so bad that you stay hours after the schedule just fixing the problems that come up. Some times you will get so many problems that come up that require your attention all at once and you have to mentally organize the problems into order. And call outs can affect you drastically
Pros
healthcare/ 401k
Cons
no breaks, management is poor and call outs occur very often
Enjoyable and culturally diverse workplace
Merchandise Host (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLOctober 21, 2016
The work load was not hard at all but sometimes challenging with the international guests. You learn so much about different places and people coming from all over the world. Management wise, there were some very good, knowledgeable, and hard working leaders but very hard to move up in the company. The company was very enjoyable to work for with great benefits but little pay rate.
Pros
Experience with a huge company that is very diverse in culture
Cons
Some challenging guests and one a many many employees made it feel like you weren't super important
Wonderful job, very guest oriented
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLNovember 3, 2016
This position was extremely hectic but fun. The Disney characters and their interaction with guest and children was always entertaining. Disney was very good at educating it's employees on team work, guest services, safety and cleanliness.Most managers were very accessible and willing to listen to ideas and help resolve any problems. No company or situation is ever perfect for everyone so there is always some give and take for good teamwork. There are always some complainers and some negativity but overall I think they had a very good balance.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with extreme weather during the coldest or hottest months of the year and being on your feet on concrete for 10-14 hours a day. but if you love what you are doing you learn to cope or tolerate the unpleasant parts.
Pros
great employee benefits
Cons
you must be on time and adhere to strict work work schedules
Productive, Passionate, Magical and Fun Place to Work
Disneyland Merchandise Role (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 29, 2016
Working at the Disneyland Resort is not like any other place. The passion and love people have for being there creates a contagious spirit. At the same time, it is a job and it does has its own politics involved. I worked with the company for twelve years and I learned a lot from it. It is a great company, but again has its own politics. The company is great, but you will quickly run into issues where managers care more about themselves than the company. The amount of time it takes to park and then get to the location of your shift can range from thirty to sixty minutes depending on where your shift is. You do a lot of things on your own time, such as walking to costuming, walking to your location, parking and being shuttled over to the drop off.
Pros
Ability to go to the parks for free, good pay, great benefits, and a fun place to work at
Cons
parking, the amount of time spent getting to your shift, normal politics, pay
Great Job, Ok Advancement Opportunities
QSR, Merchandise Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 5, 2016
At Disney, there is an expectation inherent in any cast member's role. You will find that in order to succeed, you must apply every watt of energy you can in dedication to the role. You will find that you will spend more time with your Disney family than your real life one, but that can be experienced elsewhere too. The benefits are great, it can be a lot of fun!
Pros
Free park entrance for yourself, discounts
Cons
Limited advancement room, many cast drama situations.
Love the people I work with, good benefits, compensation is no so good
Lobby Concierge (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJanuary 2, 2017
I am responsible for assisting guests with dining, recreation, and entertainment reservations as well as giving directions to local theme parks and other attractions. Checking guest in and out as needed; assisting guest in understanding folio.

The hardest part of the job is having to deal with difficult guests.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to share with my co-workers.
Pros
complimentary entrance to the theme parks
Cons
compensation
Amazing company to work for, but not enough pay for what cast members put up with with the company
Quick Service Food and Beverage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Disneyland, CAOctober 19, 2016
I love this company and there are tons of benefits, but the pay is very little and we deal with a LOT of BS from the company to work here. Oh well....
Pros
Benefits, co-workers, management, fun workplace, flexible scheduling
Cons
Extremely strict rules for us, low pay, have to work every single holiday, can get fired for sometimes the most ridiculous things
Cast Service Specialist (HR Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 18, 2017
• Assisted Human Resources to organize Employee recognition programs, organized Health Screenings for 1500 plus employees, addressed and resolved retention issues, scheduling liaison for ESOL classes
• Signed for and distributed 800 employee paychecks on a weekly basis , acted as a resource for employees to research and solve payment and scheduling issues and assisted employees accessing and understanding their Medical and 401K benefit
Main Park Greeter
Main Park Greeter (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2016
Walt Disney World and Resorts (700+ Hours)
• Required to know security protocol, crisis management, proper guest interaction, and crowd control/organization as a Main Gate Park Greeter role
Completed advanced training and coursework through Disney’s Security and Professional Development Series.
 Completed in depth study of Security processes from prevention to response
 Gained working knowledge of fraud, partnering with law enforcement, incident command, specialized operations and use of Canine units
 Assessed various aspects of Security in the hospitality industry
Gained valuable guest services experience by assisting more than 400 guests per day in various situations.
Pros
Great Atmoshpere
Cons
Low Pay but god benefits
Best experience of my life!
Disney College Program Internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 17, 2017
There isnt enough good things to say about this place. My job was amazing, and I loved it very much. I miss this place, and would go back in a heartbeat. However, the compensation is low, and there are long hours. The culture there is great, and I enjoyed my internship.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
low pay
Amazing
Crowd Control Assistant Disney MGM Studios (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2016
Such an exciting experience it was a Years work placement from University.

Everyday is different my responsibilities included looking after guests, providing information, guest service and hospitality.

Guest Service is impeccable no request is too big they go above and beyond including doing special things to make special moments and enhance the guest experience.

My Co-workers were great we all worked together as a team.

The hardest part of my job was having to leave as it was only a 1 years work placement.

The best part of my job was getting to meet people from all over the world and being responsible for making their experience the best ever.
Pros
the benefits of being able to go to the disney parks on our days off
Cons
Not being able to stay and have a job at the end of the years experience
Fun workplace but bad job/life balance
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 23, 2016
Great place to work with , it was fun for me. I loved my Leaders(managers) Coordinators (supervisors) and my team members . We were all like a family. We look out for each other and treat each other with respect and love. But this company can afford to pay its line employees more. They never give overtime and hire more part-time workers and less fulltime. They know how to cost effective but I felt in doing this . They do not care about their workers pay and benefits.
Pros
Fun Place, Great Management, Easy to move up in rank
Cons
Minimum wage, Worst company to work for in terms of benefits and pay
Great culture/poor work life balance
Location Planner (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 5, 2016
Disney has a great culture of service, safety and recognition. Lower pay and poor work life balance will cause good cast and leaders to leave unfortunately.
Pros
great recognition, safety standards, benefits, park admission
Cons
compensation, work life balance, vertical movement
Not a career, unless...
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLDecember 23, 2016
...you are willing to kiss a lot of rear ends or stay in the same position for more than 15 years.

I've worked there for a long time, seen people come and go and the one's who excel, are those who have no empathy for others and only consider themselves. Walt is rolling in his grave.
Pros
Benefits are great but I don't use them
Cons
A company that use to put needs of people first... Now the only thing that matters is profit margins
Unique work experience with rough hours and sports leagues
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 15, 2016
Working for this company is a unique experience. It is a good company to work for because of the benefits, such as 401k and health insurance. However, it can be difficult because you work terrible hours and holidays. I believe it is a good company to work for if you are just looking for a part time job, but the job can get old fast.
Pros
401k, health insurance, sports leagues
Cons
Difficult hours, difficult customers, open on holidays
Fun place to work, but poor management and compensation is inexcusable
Disneyland Resort Store Operations Working Lead (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 27, 2016
Disneyland is a great place to work for someone first entering the job force and who needs job experience. The experience you have dealing with the public is unlike anywhere else, and is a good resume blip.

However, the pay is minimum wage, even for hourly supervisors, and the hours are terrible and minimal - new hires often work less than 4 hours per week. Leads complete more work than many managers, yet receive very little in compensation.

The unfortunate fact is that Disneyland workers are a dime a dozen, easily replaceable, and how we are treated makes that painfully obvious. No matter the grievances brought up, the complaints are often ignored or pushed to the back burner, since it's easier to wait until you quit, than to address the issue.

Highly dramatic work area, regardless of the area you work in, and cast member morale is often very low because of it. The Resort motto may as well be "go ahead and complain, we have 100 people clamoring to take your spot."
Pros
Free park entry, opportunity to sign friends and family into park
Cons
Extremely Poor compensation for amount of work completed, Poor management
Productive and fun workplace
Trainer, Disney Store Operations (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 21, 2017
Working at the Disneyland Resort is a fun experience. The management team makes a big difference in your role. It used to be a positive environment but has changed to a more negative environment due to new managers.
Pros
Medical Benefits, Free Admission to Disney Parks
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3