Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Employee Reviews

Productive, interactive, fun place to work
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaOctober 19, 2017
Monitoring of the pool deck and looking out for the safety of guest by maintaining a 10/20. Extensive training in recuse techniques and first aid equipment was undertaken to ensure guards could response to a situation correctly.

Most enjoyable part of the job was working in a large multicultural team, boosting guest experience thought the use of magical moments and implementing the companies "Four Keys Basics."
Pros
Multi cultural, meet a wide range of people, work in a large team, good hours, work outside, good management, treated well, on job training is provided and continued throughout employment, free access to Disney Parks, housing provided at cheap rate
Cons
Not the best pay
Happiest Place on Earth
Quick Service Food and Beverage- Trainer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 18, 2017
A typical day was non- existent but in a good way. I learned a variety of skills that I have used everyday since my internship ended, and would recommend everyone to do the program. Management was great and the made the workplace culture awesome. The hardest part of my job was the long hours, but the best part was the atmosphere.
Pros
Disney
Cons
Long Days
Fun work enviorment
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 18, 2017
I enjoy making magic, Fun place to work. The benefits are a plus, and managers are great to work with at least in My experience. would definitely recommend.
benefits
Low pay
Guest Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 18, 2017
Pay doesn’t reflect industry standard. The wage is competitive when you first become a manager. However after time it staggers not to reflect years of service.
Not bad if you're are in college and need some cash
Dinner Cook (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 18, 2017
I worked at Flos V8 Cafe as a busser/steward and moved all the way up to the highest regular position, dinner cook. The work was decent, the cast members were amazing when i started then slowly became lazy and had big egos. The lead cast members (below management) were inconsistent with their attitudes. Some would be chill and others would be too by the book. Management was hardly at the location, if they were, they never helped when it got busy. The workload wasn't too bad if you had a great team.
Pros
free pass for all parks, discounts, cast members, secure job
Cons
management/lead inconsistency, average pay, poor management, too political
volunteer
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLOctober 18, 2017
I did not work at Disney. I was a medical student volunteer for a marathon hosted by the company. Disney is the most magical place in the work. I just graduated from PTA school. I'm going to Disney World!
College program
Housekeeper/ Delta Base Operations (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLOctober 18, 2017
The college program is something I would recommend to anyone. It is a great experience with one of the best companies on earth. You get Disney housing and benefits on top of job training
productive
Internship (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 17, 2017
It was crazy being an intern because get a ton of hours, which is nice to make money, but made it impossible to get a day off because we aren't allowed to give shifts away, we must trade. And we worked mostly 6 days a week. But making guests happy is all worth it!
Pros
Good experience
Cons
unpredictable schedules
just say no
Character Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLOctober 17, 2017
I plead the 5th.
Beware once you see how the sauage is made you cant unsee it. Would not reccommend especially their college program. College kids over worked and wages taken for rent paid to the disney company.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
everything
Happy and fun workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 17, 2017
Everyday I cleaned every room they give me and helped what's guest needs. The most I enjoyed the job was to see every smile of the children arriving at Disney and to know that I was part of their happiness.
This was just an internship but I have never worked so hard!!!
Internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 17, 2017
Days were long. pay was 6.30 at the time. The longest that I worked was 13 HOURS in the heat! I almost passed out because I spent 3 hours in strollers with no water or break. It was at least 100 degrees that day with no shade. Management was awful to College Program Students. We would be scheduled to do something with the program that was mandatory and the Attraction Managers would mark you late or call you into the office saying that we had lied about where we were because they saw me with a donut...well I had the donut because they gave us breakfast at our mandatory meeting.
Pros
Free Park Entry
Cons
Management was awful
Pretty fun. Never a dull moment.
Orlando - Operations Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 17, 2017
It was a treasure working with the mouse. It was surely the best job i have ever had. Working there was a dream come true, much like they say. I would give anything to go back and enjoy the hustle and bustle of the theme park life. Management was mainly good regardless of how stressful things got. There was times when even the management jumped in to assist and give us a hand with anything we needed, from guest situation to cleaning and everywhere in between.
Pros
Lots of hours pretty much whenever you want them. Good perks.
Cons
Pay could a little higher not much more but more would be nice.
Everyone should work for Disney at least once in their lifetime
Hospitality Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 17, 2017
Loved my position at the resort, and the overall experience of the college program internship. I learned and was able to experience so much in a short amount of time
Great place
Lead Steward (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 17, 2017
Working for Disneyland is fun. Working as someone who the guests see is even better. I manage the back of the kitchen so I am always cleaning and making sure everything is organized , working and running smoothly. Very tiring but fun job.
Leader in Banquet/ Convention Services
Lead Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 16, 2017
I learned a lot about banquet services at The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin. The leaders openly shared information and the teams worked very well together. I enjoyed the 27 years I spent working there.
Pros
Growth
Cons
The most fun place I worked in my career.
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLOctober 16, 2017
Every day was different and exciting. I was part of a small team that ran the VIP Center facility hosting 200+ meetings per year. My main objective was to engage with the visiting employees, customers and guests making sure their short visit with us was memorable and when possible creating a magical experience.

The most enjoyable part of the job was making the families feel that they were special and creating a memorable visit to the center. When families returned year after year, it was like seeing old friends.

Management was excellent. Open door policy and everyone worked together despite varying age differences.

The hardest part of the job was the long commute.
Pros
Great work environment and team
Cons
Long commute
Loved the experience
Attractions Attendant (Former Employee) –  Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World, FLOctober 16, 2017
the energy and the guest made everyday worth it.
I worked at Big thunder Mountain, greeting guests, operating the ride and making guests magical experiences.
Loved it.
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 16, 2017
It is fun. People are very out going. You actually enjoy it to be quite honest. Plus, if you have children or friends with annual passes, the discounts are pretty amazing.
Really fun!
Customer Service/ Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 16, 2017
It was a really fun and nice environment were you get to know people from different countries from all around the world and you help them to have a magical time during their stay at the resorts.
Fun but not for everyone
Lead (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 15, 2017
Disney can be a great place to work, but it's not for everyone. Advancement can be tough, especially if you start off in Park Operations. Benefits are decent and the vacation and sick pay is great if you are Full Time. The low pay is the most common reason for employees leaving the company.
Pros
Free admission, great vacation/sick pay for FT
Cons
no steady schedule, low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3