Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Employee Reviews

Found 3,620 reviews matching the search
very low pay for sales position
Sales (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMay 26, 2017
it was a fast paced working environment. I only received minimum wage for the sales position that I held. there was no family sick leave given to me when a family member was gravely ill.
Pros
there was excellent training given
Cons
there was no family sick leave given
Excellent place to work and advance ones career
Business Technology Manager - Operations Scorecard (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMay 26, 2017
Excellent company with fantastic benefits. Provides multiple opportunities for growth and advancement. Internal politics can prove challenging as cliques are often formed.
Enjoyable, Fast-paced work environment
Greeter/Cashier (in Guest Services) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 25, 2017
Most days were enjoy able because of the strong, caring staff I had backing me. It was very fast-paced, a lot of memorizing and computer skills definitely needed as they have an extensive ticketing system. Very stressful at times having to handle wide range of guest complaints, vacation planning, and ticketing adjustments.
Pros
Free entrances to the parks, fun staff
Cons
short breaks, dealing with unhappy guests, stressful
Happiest place on Earth
FRONT DESK REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 25, 2017
The Disneyland Resort is the best place I have worked. They work with school schedules, excellent work life balance, and so many possibilities for advancement or transfer. I have never had so much fun learning the Disney culture and greeting people from all over the world. No day is the same and people look forward to coming into work.
Pros
excellent perks, benefits, and able to have a life
Cons
low pay
Fun, Fast Paced Work Environment
Bar Back (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 25, 2017
A typical day in Table service at Disneyland is always busy, very fast-paced but very fun and exciting.
I've learned how to interact with Guests and how to provide great service.
Management is always on top of everything and always willing to help both Guest and Cast-Members to the best of their abilities.
The workplace is awesome. We have so many Cast-Members form different places and backgrounds and everyone gets along and work well-with each other for the most part.
The hardest part of the job is just keeping up with demand, but we always exceed expectation.
The most enjoyable part is definitely seeing the happy and satisfied faces of the guests and knowing that I helped make that happen.
love working there
Entertainment (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 24, 2017
a typical work day would to be checking in base and then walking to meet the cast i have learned that that telling little kids on that they can see Mickey mouse because him and minnie have to go take pluto for a walk i would have to say that thats the hardest part of my job now the most enjoyable is seeing the kids smile when they do get to meet minnie or Mickey or goofy
Pros
seeing kids smile
Cons
telling kids no they can't see minnie
Loved working for the mouse!!
Attractions Host II (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 24, 2017
Disney was a great company to work for, the benefits were awesome and the amount of hours were outstanding! The management team was fantastic and overall a wonderful experience!
Pros
Park Access, Great benefits, Wonderful staff
Cons
Distance, Florida weather, Stressed out guests
One of the best places you can work. Ive held multiple jobs throughout the years and Disney has been my long term home
Server (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 24, 2017
Go in open minded ! It's not just work . They have a way of molding you into a better all around employee . It's fun and magical and everything you would imagine it being !
magical
Chef Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 24, 2017
Working at Disney World is a lot of fun. You are helping to make people's dreams come true no matter what role you play. It can be crazy busy but a lot of fun in the process.
Pros
happiest place on earth
Cons
traffic
Best & Worst time of my life
Performer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 24, 2017
Disney is my favorite place in the world. Too bad working there wasn't as magical. The pay is awful and so is the management. But the magic you make for your guests makes it all worth it.
Not a place for full time students
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 23, 2017
Was not very beneficial to work here while attending school. Location that I was assigned to was not very cooperative when it came to my school schedule and did not help in any advancements whatsoever.
Fast pace but fun work enviornment
Food Prep, FSW Trainer, FP Trainer (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 23, 2017
I enjoy the fast pace work environment that I am in. I have learned how to manage time effectively as well as improving my customer service and social skills, The hardest part about the job would have to be the pay. The most enjoyable would be meeting people of all backgrounds.
Pros
Fun working enviornment
Cons
Pay
Good Company
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 23, 2017
I had many successful years with WDW Resort and still enjoy many positive relationships with cast members still there. It was a very memorable 13 year career.
Great for college credit
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 23, 2017
The hardest part of the job was the long hours for park parties. All in all it was a great learning experience, to see all the different cultures from all over the world and to make lifelong friends with these people. It was a great way to earn college credit, while getting to enjoy the perks of the park.
Pros
Free entrance into the parks, meeting new people
Cons
No healthcare benefits for college students
Great Company
Vacation Planner (Current Employee) –  Main EntranceMay 23, 2017
The work culture here is amazing. The company is great as well. I love every moment that I spend working here. The culture within is very inclusive and welcoming of all types of people. The job can be very challenging dealing with guests, especially guests who know how to bend the system. However, coworkers will always have your back and will help you through the day.
Pros
Very inclusive community of individuals, wide variety of fields of work, company does its best to be good to its employees in general
Cons
Pay can be very disappointing, scheduling can also be challenging
Fun
Disney College Program Internship, Princess Ariel (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 22, 2017
It was really fun and I got to meet so many new people each day! The benefits are also really nice. Free entry with guess passes to the parks! It was also really fun working with people all close to my age.
Fun place for a short period/ school job
Stores Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 22, 2017
Disney offers an environment that is fun and full of life experiences, however you must be prepared to work with an uncertain schedule and tight restrictions.
Productive work enviroment with potential for advancement.
Cook II (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 22, 2017
I would come in prepare several different German based salads, meat platters and side dishes. We would serve 1500 customers a day at the buffet. I would man the carving station where i would greet guests and carve either london broil or ham. At the end of our shift all left overs would be either thrown out or turned over to the local food pantry.
Pros
Great work enviroment, the perks, housing.
Cons
Long hours, pay wasnt as great.
A fun place to work
Performer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 22, 2017
The Walt Disney Company is a fun place to work that provides experience that no other job can. A wonderful place to gain communication skills and discover how to exceed guest satisfaction.
It's a fun and convenient to work.
Customer support/ Customer service (Current Employee) –  Glennville, GAMay 21, 2017
There are plenty of hours offered and plenty of opportunity to make money. It's easy going and a great way to learn new things, you can make a schedule that's convenient for you and work as many hours as you like while working from home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3