Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Employee Reviews

Found 3,404 reviews matching the search
Fun workplace
Merchandise (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 25, 2017
If you love disney, this is the perfect place for you. you get to talk with guests all around the world. what i love most is the friends you make and the magic you are able to create.
Pros
no hours
Cons
management based on favortism
Happiest Place On Earth
Store (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 25, 2017
For anyone who wants to advance there customer service and receive exclusive perks this is the job for you. You get to meet great people and give them a great Disneyland Experience for there trip.
great place
Specialist Engineering Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 25, 2017
I love the job and the wonderful people u meet from all across the world is the great magical experience you would hope for when you think about Walt disney
Fast Pace
Food prep (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 24, 2017
The work environment is very fast pace but isn't stressful at all mainly because of the union and the difficulties of getting fired. Most of the time the environment is very friendly.
Could have been better
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 24, 2017
I worked at Walt Disney World in their College Program. The management team at my location was not supportive or helpful. Didn't give good feedback on how to do better with your job, they would only be little you. Had better jobs here in Chico.
Pros
Free admission into parks
Cons
Awful management
the most enjoyable part of the job
Food and Beverage Hostess (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 24, 2017
able to reach each and every guest for 18 years I loved the ability to make guest smile and have a smile in return. They always left feeling like they were apart of my family and that is what I considered them family.
No work-life balance
Disney College Program Internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 23, 2017
In my experience as a intern is definitely not what i expected. The company is not what it looks like once your are inside. But it may be different for others.
Overall a great place to work.
Disney College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 23, 2017
Walt Disney is a great company to work for but it is WORK. All jobs in the company require excellent customer service skills. If you participate in college internship program they will pay you and provide you with housing. Keep in mind it is like a dormitory situation with two people per room
Great as a temporary part-time job
Disney Attractions Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 22, 2017
If you're looking for a summer job this is it. If you're looking for a way to build your career, you're in for a long hard climb to the top. Immediate management team varies depending on your exact work location in the park, but tend to be good. Management any higher up doesn't know who you are. Can be physically very draining and tends to make your whole life revolve around the parks. Pays a little above minimum wage, but annual raises are the same for all employees at the same level and pay increases with promotions are small. Can get health benefits after working part-time for 3 years or if you achieve full-time status, but you may have to work that long just to get full-time. Everyone is hired in as part-time. Scheduled according to seniority. Work there for at least a year and you will be worked just under the number hours that would qualify you for full-time. Disney will expect you to work your schedule around them. Breaks and lunches are very strictly clocked. Fifteen minutes per break and thirty minutes for lunch (you must use this time to actually go get your lunch too).
Pros
Seeing behind the scenes, happy guests, discounts and coupons, employee appreciation events
Cons
short breaks and lunches, angry guests, technical difficulties, difficult to advance, inflexible schedule
Magical job
Merchandiser/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 22, 2017
It was one of the best jobs i had, i would go back only if it had better pay. The best thing about this job is that you get to make every guest feel like they are a little kid again when it comes to coming to the parks for the first time. I love this company so much I go visit all the time
Pros
wonderful company and perks
Cons
pay
Rewarding Job
Performer (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLApril 22, 2017
Working for the Walt Disney World Parks & Resorts is very rewarding. You get the chance to make people's dreams come to life, and spread the magic of Disney.
productive, innovative, fun
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 22, 2017
I learned a lot during my time working with the company and it taught me a lot and professionally it helped me. Every day was productive and full of new experiences with the guests.
Productive and Fun Working Environment
Business Operations Working Lead (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 22, 2017
Great company to work for with great benefits. Plenty of opportunity for advancement. People are fun to work with and great Management. Enjoy coming to work every day.
Great Company to work for
Club 33 Member Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 22, 2017
Working for the Walt Disney company is amazing! Working there has provided me with the opportunity of meeting several individuals from around the world.
Fun place to work.
Motor Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 21, 2017
A wonderful environment to work in. Beautiful property and amenities. Enjoyed servicing and meeting guests from all over the world. Loved the whole experience.Always maintaining an attitude of "Upbeat and positive" with the guests. Sometimes hardest part of the job were the hours. Long fluctuating shifts both late evening and early morning.
Pros
Free park admissions, Gifts and merchandise discounts.
Cons
Always under scrutiny my manangement to provide best service.
Fast paced, fun work environment
Cook 1 (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLApril 21, 2017
Working for Disney was a great experience. I have never had a job that was on such a "grand" scale before. The Disney culture is perpetuated everywhere.
Fun place to work
Guest Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 21, 2017
Disney values their culture and always thrive to better their CMs. They have great benefits, easy to move whithin the company and get promoted. This is a very fun place to work at.
Good benefits, good work experience for college students
Transportation maintenance mechanic (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLApril 21, 2017
Good place to work if you just moved to Florida from another part of the country, excellent work experience for college students.
Good medical benefits.
Excellent place for retirees.
Pros
Good for college students
Many Opportunities
Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 20, 2017
There are many job/career fields to choose from and there are many opportunities for career growth. For example, I started out as a merchandise cast member and after 1.5 years I was promoted as a coordinator designee (part time assistant manager). With that door open, I can have the opportunity to become a full time coordinator or even become a Leader one day. The possibilities are endless.
a great place to start
Working Lead (Current Employee) –  Disneyland, CAApril 20, 2017
working for the Disneyland resort helped me meet several great people and build strong relationships.there is plenty opportunity to move withing the company. I would say if you are looking for a place to start and get some experience in excellent guest interaction this is the job for you. Every job has its drawbacks but as a company Disneyland is solid.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3