Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Employee Reviews

Found 3,728 reviews matching the search
Fun and Exciting work place!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 22, 2017
Imagine working at the most magical place on the planet! Although, I was just doing an internship here it was one of the best work experiences ever! There is plenty of room for advancement at this company, educational opportunities, and dedicated management.
Great on your resume
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 22, 2017
Little to no work/life balance. Not the best place to be for people with families because you spend so much time working. Many employees worked out of fear versus collaborative. Did not have the best experience there.
Pros
perks for the parks
Cons
The only good thing was going in the parks for free
Attractions Hostess (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 22, 2017
The favoritism is horrible, the managers are worse (save one), the scheduling and denies of certain days off, and the cattiness of cast members makes it a terrible place to work, with some good days.
Pros
Complimentary sign-ins and free admission; costumes
Cons
Everything else
New adventures day in and day out
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 22, 2017
Working for Walt Disney World was probably one of the best decision of my life. I learned how to interact with multiple cultures, and how to look at life from a whole new perspective. There was always something happening, and it was always exciting. There were still stressful days, but you came out loving each and every day because of the amazing opportunity you had been given.
I love disney
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 22, 2017
Disney is the happiest place on earth! Disney is a great company to work for with endless opportunities! if you ever get the chance to work at Disney do it!
Great Experience
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Animal KingdomJune 22, 2017
Disney definitely has its own culture. Working here is all about telling a story for guests (Not customers). It's a good experience to learn how to handle customer service well.
Great company
Billing Coordinator, Disney's Yacht and Beach Club (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJune 21, 2017
Fast paced, Friendly
It was a good company to work at and move up the ranks.
Worked with the Walt Disney World company for 23 yrears.
Walt Disney World is a unique company for both Cast and Guests. It provides multiple entertainment and career opportunities.

The most enjoyable part of the company has been creating surprises and magic for families. It's family theme is truely "one of a kind".
Career experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 21, 2017
It is a place that offers many opportunities, which in turn trains the employees to ascertain the jobs are perform appropriately. Which in turn provides the customers with the hospitality they look forward to.
Pros
Advancement opportuinities
Cons
Managers need training themselves, and drug tests should be mandatory.
Disney wetzels unprofessional
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 20, 2017
Unprofessionalism over all working at multiple Wetzel's Pretzels on Disney property, Poor management, favoritism obviously shown, The locations at Disney are all ran by a family ( GM is the wife at WideWorld, Westside store manager is the brother, marketplace is where the GM's husband is located) its a no go! I'm surprised corporate or disney hasn't done anything or noticed how many people come and go. This company wants you to bring to the table, but there's no chairs to sit!
Pros
Free Lunch, Disney Tickets (about7 tickets a year), Disney Discounts
Cons
Barely anytime to breathe, ALWAYS BUSY! SCHEDULE IS NOT FLEXIBLE! located at wide-world has 9-10 hour shifts, and NO 15 min. breaks offered.
Fun, fun and more fun.
customer service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 20, 2017
The hours were a little wacky but super worth it considering it was an internship at the best place on Earth. Always worked with some of the kindest and grumpiest people haha I loved it!!
long days
Hospitality Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 20, 2017
seems like a solid deal when you are in the presentation pitch. once arriving the pay doesn't feel like it is worth it once you are required to stay in their housing and pay them your rent each month.
Pros
park admission
Cons
long days
Best Job I ever Had
Internship (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 20, 2017
I have never had so much fun working in one place. I didn't mind working 6-7 days a week as everything I did was a blast and couldn't be happier. Wish i was still there
Fun work place
Cashier/Greeter (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 20, 2017
Working at disney was a awesome job and a dream to work there it is magical . U also get a lot of benefits working there and you get alot of priorities working there aswell
Pros
30 min lunches
Cons
Part time
fun place
Pastry Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 20, 2017
I was working at the Production Bakery in Epcot. Responsible of the production of all the sweet products of the festivals like Festival of the Arts and Flowers & Garden.
Pros
discounts
Cons
stressful, not too much time for personal life or family
Good Benefits, Low Pay and Social Networking Advancement
Itinerary Planning Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 19, 2017
8 years at Disney and to sum it up: the benefits of parks, health, etc are great. The pay not so great. The company does not pay based on merit. Advancement is social, not skill based. Loving the product helps to balance out the underwhelming career.
Fun Environment with great leadership!
Photopass Photographer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 19, 2017
When I did my Disney College Program, I was a big fan of how they formatted their business. I enjoyed that we were expected to create magic for families and give them unforgettable memories, whatever it may be that we got to do to do this. It was not only a magical job for the guests but for myself as well. This is the reason I returned to working with the company. The amount of magic they give their guests translates over to the cast member and makes it a magical experience for all!
Love Love Love
Quick Service Food & Beverage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 18, 2017
I miss working here so much! Everyone was so friendly and happy. I had to quit due to housing problems and could not stay in California. I loved working there and would definitely try to work for the company again if I had the opportunity.
Pros
Free Disneyland tickets
Cons
Employee parking during busy season
Full Time Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 18, 2017
during slow times I was scheduled 32 hour over six days. during busy times I was scheduled 12+ hours a day for six days a week. All of which is outside in the elements. I walk 15 miles a day on average.
Pros
making magical moments for guests
Fun place to work at
Attractions Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 18, 2017
Disney was a fun and fast paced place to work at. I learned how to use my interpersonal skills in the way I interacted with guests and was able to learn new skills I would be able to use for future reference. The place can get stressful, especially when the park is at its capacity in guest, but you could always find ways to make in enjoyable even if it was by asking someone how was their day going and if there is anything that I could assist them with in making their experience better.
Pros
long breaks, good team
Cons
healthcare
Too much for too little
Westside Retail Lead (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 17, 2017
No work life balance, sometimes parking was taken away, little pay for constant chaos in the park. free Disney tickets not worth the over crowded and hot break rooms.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3