Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Employee Reviews

Found 3,394 reviews matching the search
Magical job
Merchandiser/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 22, 2017
It was one of the best jobs i had, i would go back only if it had better pay. The best thing about this job is that you get to make every guest feel like they are a little kid again when it comes to coming to the parks for the first time. I love this company so much I go visit all the time
Pros
wonderful company and perks
Cons
pay
Rewarding Job
Performer (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLApril 22, 2017
Working for the Walt Disney World Parks & Resorts is very rewarding. You get the chance to make people's dreams come to life, and spread the magic of Disney.
productive, innovative, fun
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 22, 2017
I learned a lot during my time working with the company and it taught me a lot and professionally it helped me. Every day was productive and full of new experiences with the guests.
Productive and Fun Working Environment
Business Operations Working Lead (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 22, 2017
Great company to work for with great benefits. Plenty of opportunity for advancement. People are fun to work with and great Management. Enjoy coming to work every day.
Great Company to work for
Club 33 Member Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 22, 2017
Working for the Walt Disney company is amazing! Working there has provided me with the opportunity of meeting several individuals from around the world.
Fun place to work.
Motor Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 21, 2017
A wonderful environment to work in. Beautiful property and amenities. Enjoyed servicing and meeting guests from all over the world. Loved the whole experience.Always maintaining an attitude of "Upbeat and positive" with the guests. Sometimes hardest part of the job were the hours. Long fluctuating shifts both late evening and early morning.
Pros
Free park admissions, Gifts and merchandise discounts.
Cons
Always under scrutiny my manangement to provide best service.
Fast paced, fun work environment
Cook 1 (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLApril 21, 2017
Working for Disney was a great experience. I have never had a job that was on such a "grand" scale before. The Disney culture is perpetuated everywhere.
Fun place to work
Guest Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 21, 2017
Disney values their culture and always thrive to better their CMs. They have great benefits, easy to move whithin the company and get promoted. This is a very fun place to work at.
Good benefits, good work experience for college students
Transportation maintenance mechanic (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLApril 21, 2017
Good place to work if you just moved to Florida from another part of the country, excellent work experience for college students.
Good medical benefits.
Excellent place for retirees.
Pros
Good for college students
Many Opportunities
Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 20, 2017
There are many job/career fields to choose from and there are many opportunities for career growth. For example, I started out as a merchandise cast member and after 1.5 years I was promoted as a coordinator designee (part time assistant manager). With that door open, I can have the opportunity to become a full time coordinator or even become a Leader one day. The possibilities are endless.
a great place to start
Working Lead (Current Employee) –  Disneyland, CAApril 20, 2017
working for the Disneyland resort helped me meet several great people and build strong relationships.there is plenty opportunity to move withing the company. I would say if you are looking for a place to start and get some experience in excellent guest interaction this is the job for you. Every job has its drawbacks but as a company Disneyland is solid.
fun but cant advance or make money
transportation (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLApril 19, 2017
bad work environment no advancement all ways looking over your shoulder and can never make anyone happy or do your job right its the worst place to make a career
disney college program
food and beverage (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 19, 2017
worked on the college program and i would trade my time there for anything. met some of the best people in my life. learned a lot go things from one of the most recognizable companies in the world
Great atmosphere, bad management
Disney College Program Internship (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLApril 19, 2017
Working for Disney is magical, however, being a College Program participant for Disney is not. Being required to work +55 hours a week for many weeks and not being able to get any time off to see friends and family who traveled hundreds of miles to see you is very irritating.
Great Job w/ Great People; Horrible Company
Vacation Planner (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 19, 2017
Glorified ticket/AP sales and guest punching bag. When you work at Disney, you are working with amazing individuals, with great personality, skills, and compassion. However, you are also working for low pay, little to no benefits, and constantly changing attendance policies. There is a strong union presence, but the union mostly focuses on job security rather than wages. Management varies year-to-year, but is typically unsupportive. There is little to no room for growth in this company with only the most charismatic rising. Full time is a waiting game and typically comes after 2 years minimum, unless you wanna drop to 3rd shift for 6 months.
Pros
Great work environment; park admission perks; strong union
Cons
No mobility; low wages; bad management
Loved it
outdoor foods (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLApril 19, 2017
Great place to work at, great experience great team members benefits are nice to justed had to relocate but a wood love to go back again. Was a stocker, cashier, prepper
Rewarding and fun, yet challenging place to work
ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 19, 2017
With a vast array of opportunities and roles, there is a ton of opportunity for development and growth. There is a major focus on the team environment. Goals and expectations are high, but well-rewarded when met. There's no place like working in a Disney park.
Working Vacation
Barista/Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 19, 2017
I went into this job knowing I would leave it. My girlfriend, who had worked in their College Program, suggested we take a year together to have fun before we settled into our new life together. While living in Orlando, FL was, personally, a terrible experience, the completely unique set up of Walt Disney World Resort was worth the trip.

Disney World is a place people go to to have fun, and the management works to extend that idea to its employees. Free park tickets and generous discounts are only one of the perks of working here. But do not be fooled, you WILL be put to work. It can be difficult and fast paced and you're expected to do it all while over flowing with positivity, and usually in a ridiculous costume. There are countless positions to be filled and you are encouraged to try new ones, after working X amount of time in one. And they WILL attempt to brain wash you with Disney propaganda, though few of their employees actually need it.

Disney welcomes all types, as long as you play by their rules, which are very fair. Getting to work is a bit like catching a flight; you have to drive onto their property, park in a special lot, go through security and that doesn't even include the walk to your position. But if you're a Disney nerd, love free entertainment or just live around Orlando and need a good job, Walt Disney World Resorts probably has what you're looking for, and they'll reward you if you do well.
Pros
Free park tickets, unique work experience, comparative pay, fast paced, room for advancement
Cons
Long commute, silly costumes, some of the world's worst customers
Excellent work place, great culture and outstanding management
Technical Support Analyst (TA) (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLApril 19, 2017
Walt Disney Park & Resort it is an excellent work place with a lot interaction between staff, employees and management. There is plenty room to grow as professional. Excellent network place to interact with management.
Pros
Great culture to work
Cons
n/a
Welcoming workplace with great leads and management
Steward (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 18, 2017
Every day I work is routine, for the most part. Load and unload dishes from a dishwasher, hand wash dishes if necessary, separate trash from recyclables and dispose of properly, maintaining a clean and efficient work space, etc. I am learning to work better as part of a team, to work under high pressure, to better my organization and time management, and to improve my communication skills. The workplace culture is at times mellow and at times stressful, but my coworkers and leads make the stress manageable. The hardest part of the job is when unexpected events occur that affect safety or hinder efficiency; for example, if the huge dishwasher breaks down and every dish has to be hand-washed. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and making new friends.
Pros
Great benefits, flexible scheduling
Cons
Slow season provides less work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3