Walt Disney Parks and Resorts

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Employee Reviews

Found 2,971 reviews matching the search
Magic comes at a price
Lifeguard/iGreeter (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLDecember 9, 2016
Everyone gets to Disney positive and happy- we don't do it for the money, we do it for the magic. Eventually, certain things can wear people down. Your coworkers are your saviors- they'll get you through anything. Disney people are a special type and if there are troubles with management (which, depending on your location, can be plentiful), then your coworkers are incredible support. The pay isn't anything to write home about, but it is nice to be able to go to the parks whenever you want. Eventually everyone wants more and it can be difficult to move up to achieve that.
No advancement, but still a fun place to work
Attractions Host (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLDecember 7, 2016
There are no advancement opportunities at the lower end of this company unless you give everything to them. But the environment is fun and the people you meet sort of make up for it.
Pros
People
Cons
No advancement
Web Services Java Developer Project Description: LACD (Latin America Consumer Details):
Disney Parks and Resorts Digital (Former Employee) –  Locaion: Orlando, FLDecember 7, 2016
The Walt Disney Company and its affiliated companies have remained faithful to their commitment to produce unparalleled entertainment experiences based on the rich legacy of quality creative content and exceptional storytelling. The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with four business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment and consumer products.
Great culture/poor work life balance
Location Planner (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 5, 2016
Disney has a great culture of service, safety and recognition. Lower pay and poor work life balance will cause good cast and leaders to leave unfortunately.
Pros
great recognition, safety standards, benefits, park admission
Cons
compensation, work life balance, vertical movement
The hort internship was really hot and miserable.
Horticulture Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 2, 2016
Had to wake up at 3 AM. Noisy intern roommates. Didn't learn a lot that I didn't know already. Regrettable decision and a complete waste of money. Don't do it.
Cast Member
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLDecember 2, 2016
See previous submission for same company that details work life balance, job training and development and leadership. Particular focus on training for employees, the focus on finance/revenue generation and operation for customer experience and some leadership challenges.
Pros
see previous submission
Cons
see previous submission
Good company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLNovember 30, 2016
Good place to work. Friendly coworkers, good leadership, and employee discounts were a plus. Great place for individuals looking to get into hospitality.
Walt Disney
Merchandise Intern (Former Employee) –  Hollywood StudiosNovember 30, 2016
This was one of the best places I could ever have worked. The management was super great and super helpful, the atmosphere and environment was amazing, and I got paid decently for an intern position.
Able to work with a wide variety of different people
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 29, 2016
While management was sometimes difficult to work with, overall it was a good place to work at. Many different skills to learn and develop while learning to multitask.
Pros
Free entrance into the park
Cons
Management would be difficult to work with
Excellent Work Environment
Food and Beverage Custodial Busser/Steward/Intern (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 29, 2016
The multiple jobs I had to work made the work day go by very quickly, but with my friendly coworkers and guests it made it seem like less of a chore and more of something I look forward to doing every day.
Nice guests
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 29, 2016
I would not recommend working here. Not a happy place to work for. Low raises. You need to know someone for advancement. Lots of unhappy workers.
Pros
Free tickets
Cons
Low raises
It's Disney!
E-Commerce Sales & Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 28, 2016
Working here is great with the benefits you receive as an employee and your co-workers and management really make it feel like a laid back environment, but there is overtime that you are REQUIRED to work. Not just, an hour here or there if you can but 10 hours at a time and it can go on for months. It makes it really difficult to find time for family or even to be fully rested unless you're single and have no kids or significant other.
Pros
great benefits, health insurance, free entry to park
Cons
no work/life balance, required overtime
Magical experience
Sales and Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 28, 2016
Family, Friendship, passionate, hardworking coworkers
Create memories that last a lifetime. Free park entrance and parking including friends and family, great medical benefits and 401k.
Pros
Hard working coworkers, great medical
Cons
Competitive pay
Fun atmosphere
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLNovember 27, 2016
Love all the things there is to love about working at Disney. Co workers are nice and the management are the same. Sometimes the schedule is hard but you are always able to switch if needed. The only thing I do not like is all positions are part time and you are ranked for time off by seniority as well as being chosen for full time slots.
This was one of my best work experiences. They help you grow and give you proper knowledge and training to succeed.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 27, 2016
This was my frist job. A first job is always a little scary but with disney it was more of an exciting feeling. They were so well trained to help and make sure you were given the tools needed to understand the job and make sure you were prepared. I worked there for 6 years and they help me grow and hone my Leadership skill. I became a lead, trainor and good employee. This job made me want to give back 10x more than any othe job.
Pros
Park discounts/tickets
Cons
Sceduling Misunderstandings
such a magical place to work
Merchandising Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 26, 2016
Great environment to work
Perfection, Magic and guests are the most important thing to Disney
The amnagers are really great and kind
The hardest part it is standind for long hours during the work
It is fantastic been part of this Magic.
Disney is a magical world.
Fun place to work
Disney Vacation Club, Advanced Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 25, 2016
High turnover due to being a performance based role. This job will challenge you.
Overall it is the Best timeshare company in the world
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Poor management
great place
Chef Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 23, 2016
Been here for 5 years and its been great opverall, great people, management team. Learn a lot and they are there for me when I need them the most. I'm glad I'm with this company .
Most magical place on earth!
Entertainment Costumer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 22, 2016
Walt Disney World Resort is a wonderful place to work. Great environment to work with friendly people. I would highly recommend anyone interested in definitely a career with the Disney Company to definitely check it out!
Good place
Photographer/Attractions (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 22, 2016
I truly enjoy working for Disney but overall the pay is not adequate and the hours suck to be honest. I can't live off $10 an hour while only working 14-18 hours a week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3