Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Employee Reviews

Found 3,840 reviews matching the search
quick paced, multicultural workplace
Disney College Program Intern (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 22, 2017
the hours are long, the jobs can sometimes be very tedious and boring but overall it has been a good experience. I have gotten to work with people from all around the world including Norway, Japan, China, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Canada, and all throughout the states.
Fun work environment with unlimited access to the parks.
Canadian Pavilion Ambassador/Designated Trainer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 21, 2017
Best years of my life. Enjoyed working with the company and they do help provide accommodation for people living out of the area. Disney University is a great way to build your skills and they do offer numerous of courses, some are even free.
For me it was excellent
Concierge Services (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJuly 21, 2017
I needed to work urgently gave me the opportunity. I need to earn more money gave me the opportunity. Good benefits. I was able to work in different places within the park and hotels. The customer service is much more than what I know. Never saying no to a guest was difficult. Seeing the smile and satisfaction of a guest is extremely satisfying.
Pros
Oportunities
Cons
Parking
not bad work place just full of drama. just don't say too much
3rd shift custodial (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 21, 2017
plenty of opportunity to move up in the company just a lot people who'll also get in the way or try to restrict how fast you move up. mostly great if yo stay to yourself
Magical experience
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 20, 2017
Very fun place to work at. Worked mainly weekends and they are flexible with school accommodations. I was able to work in different departments and learn new things.
fun place to work
Entertainment Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJuly 20, 2017
A typical day is to go assist the characters with their wardrobe..
Taking them out on set and watching for any distress signal from the
cast member , and to be there to assist the guest, and get the
character off set on time.
I have learned what excellent guest/customer service is and how to handle a problem with a smile.
Management is there also willing to back you up and encourage you to learn different roles to move up in the company.
The hardest part of the job is to say no to a child that has come to late to visit the character,
The most enjoyable part of the job is making magic for the guest.
It makes their visit a special and memorable one and it also warms\my heart that I was a small part in their memories. I simply
love working with the characters as the child comes out in me
Pros
leaving work with a happy heart
Cons
hot sun
A fun place to work
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 20, 2017
A good place to work and grow with the company. Awesome training and co workers. Lots of places to go in the park. Break area is very big and great cafeteria.
Fun job, especially for those going to college
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 19, 2017
Great work environment, a lot of flexibility especially for students. Lot of guest interaction. Great place to work if you're a people person and like interacting with guests.
Good Work at Home Opportunity
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 19, 2017
I like the fact that one can plan around their life. The job is not easy you have to work at it and have to sell products, but basically the products sell themselves since vacationers call in. Therefore, agents do not have to feel they are intruding on people lives. I also like the fact that there is autonomy meaning that agents are very well trained and are trusted that they will do the job.
Pros
can create your own schedule, coaching, autonomy
High paced, fun work
Attraction Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 19, 2017
Working there for two years, besides the minimum wage pay, it was a great experience. As long as, one can deal with the high pace and military rigidness, it is a great place for employment.
Walt Disney Company
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  Florida & CaliforniaJuly 19, 2017
This was a GREAT experince, I was there for 20 and transfered to several departments for growth. I worked the most for Walt Disney Feature Animation.
Pros
Opportunity for growth.
Cons
Long plane rides to and from California
Happiest place on earth.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 19, 2017
Taking orders, making orders, serving orders.
I learned how to approach many different people with the same tone & respect every time no matter how rude the guest was.
Management was strict, but fun.
No better place to work than at the happiest place on earth.
Hardest part was learning how to prepare the items on the menu.
Most enjoyable part was everything, its Disneyland.
Fun and Easy Going Workplace
Chocolateer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 18, 2017
Management and staff were all great people. Learned a lot about customer service. Workplace culture was relatively easy-going. Management is very understanding. Hardest part of the job is managing the large influx of guests. Some guests are also very hard to deal with. Best part of the job is the benefits to it.
Ambiente de trabajo divertido
Merchandiser/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2017
Excelencia en servicio al cliente
Compañeros Extranjeros (multi-cultural)
Retante
Exigencia
Orden
Wonderful workplace
Parade performer (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 18, 2017
I love working and performing at Disneyland! Its a dream come true. Management and performers are extremely friendly. Currently we perform 3 shows a night in front of 12,000 guests.
Une expérience plutôt exceptionnelle
Cultural Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange County, FLJuly 18, 2017
c'est une expérience à faire au moins une fois dans sa vie, le boulot est pas génial mais au moins il nous permet de profiter du cadre et de vivre aux USA pendant un an.
Pros
voyages, rencontres, une autre vie
Cons
le management par des Français profitant du système américain pour nous exploiter
enjoyable moments
Cast memeber( operations) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2017
teamwork at walt Disney world is amazing! you not only create magic with your guests but also with your co-workers! also seeing the characters backstage was awesome!
Pros
free lunches
Cons
very long hours
Great for extroverts
Attractions operator / Guest interactions (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 17, 2017
If you love interacting and meeting new people then Disneyland is definitely the place for you, the free tickets and discounts are also a plus. I miss the culture.
Pros
Free tickets and decent discounts
Cons
horrible hours, not flexible. no room for growth. horrible pay
Best Job I've Ever Had; I Hate That I Couldn't Stay
Internship, Disney College Program Graduate (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJuly 17, 2017
I had the absolute best time working for the Walt Disney World and Resort. I participated in the College Program, so I was provided housing for 5 months while I worked full time in a Quick Service Food role in Magic Kingdom. My roommates and co-workers and I became very close, we're still friends to this day. The experience of creating magic for guests is heart-warming; you can't help but be happy working there. The benefits are fantastic, cast members can get into the park for free! We also received paid time off. After finishing the College Program, I stayed on as Seasonal. However, because I could not get down there to work as much as I wanted, I had to quit. Be prepared to work holidays.
Pros
Magic, People, Benefits
A good member of the community.
Security Host Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 17, 2017
Disney encourages Cast Members in community service, with many ways to volunteer. There are also many opportunities for advancement and continuing education.
Pros
Greeting guests that are very happy to be there.
Cons
Calming upset guests, especially due to health emergencies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3