Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Employee Reviews

Leader in Banquet/ Convention Services
Lead Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 16, 2017
I learned a lot about banquet services at The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin. The leaders openly shared information and the teams worked very well together. I enjoyed the 27 years I spent working there.
Pros
Growth
Cons
The most fun place I worked in my career.
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLOctober 16, 2017
Every day was different and exciting. I was part of a small team that ran the VIP Center facility hosting 200+ meetings per year. My main objective was to engage with the visiting employees, customers and guests making sure their short visit with us was memorable and when possible creating a magical experience.

The most enjoyable part of the job was making the families feel that they were special and creating a memorable visit to the center. When families returned year after year, it was like seeing old friends.

Management was excellent. Open door policy and everyone worked together despite varying age differences.

The hardest part of the job was the long commute.
Pros
Great work environment and team
Cons
Long commute
Loved the experience
Attractions Attendant (Former Employee) –  Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World, FLOctober 16, 2017
the energy and the guest made everyday worth it.
I worked at Big thunder Mountain, greeting guests, operating the ride and making guests magical experiences.
Loved it.
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 16, 2017
It is fun. People are very out going. You actually enjoy it to be quite honest. Plus, if you have children or friends with annual passes, the discounts are pretty amazing.
Really fun!
Customer Service/ Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 16, 2017
It was a really fun and nice environment were you get to know people from different countries from all around the world and you help them to have a magical time during their stay at the resorts.
Fun but not for everyone
Lead (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 15, 2017
Disney can be a great place to work, but it's not for everyone. Advancement can be tough, especially if you start off in Park Operations. Benefits are decent and the vacation and sick pay is great if you are Full Time. The low pay is the most common reason for employees leaving the company.
Pros
Free admission, great vacation/sick pay for FT
Cons
no steady schedule, low pay
Productive and Fast Paced environment
College Program Internship (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 15, 2017
I love my job, every day is a new experience. In my time there i have learned to deal with guest in a better and more efficient manner, that the guest is always right, and also that team work makes the dream work. The hardest part of the job is balancing out everything you have to do but is also the most enjoyable, you are doing so many things at one trying to make everything happen for a guest and at the end of the day they appreciate all you do for them and that makes it all worth it.
College Program
internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 14, 2017
Its a great place, if you get a good area. Where I was located was super slow, and didn't get enough hours to be able to pay my bills [which is why I left.]

For the internship they either work you to death or not at all. Sadly i would have taken the work to death, but with the internship you are not allowed to change areas or roles unless it's a health reason they see fit.
Pros
free access to disney
Cons
no healthcare, lack of hours
disney
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 14, 2017
Disney is a good company if you worked in management. I did not like the long hours and the consistent movement without breaks. we only got paid minimum wage.
Great People, Fun Place
Attractions Hostess and Guest Services Operations (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 13, 2017
Depending on where you work, Disneyland can be very stressful and fast paced. Be prepared to work with many different personalities. Must have exceptional communication and problem solving skills.
Good work place you can do magic
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 13, 2017
Greetings guest making reservation for guest taking them to there table making magical moments for guest and making guest feel like home awy from home
It was an internship and I met great people from all over the world and it was fun
College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 13, 2017
I did this in college and received college credits for doing this. I worked at MGM and Animal Kingdom. I followed around upper management and received management experience. I also took classes that were business focused.
Pros
Met great people from all over the world and free park admission
Cons
had to share an apartment with 5 other people, sometimes the work got boring
Consultant Senior Business Analyst
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLOctober 12, 2017
Working on several confidential projects with cast members in Hong Kong, Paris, California, Orlando and other Disney properties. I'm working as a Contract Consultant.
It's a fun job.
Attractions Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 12, 2017
I liked it. You grow to like the cast members you see every day, and making guests feel magical is amazing. It has it's issues though, as far as being an attractions cast member. It is VERY difficult to move up, and considering the Disney company has so many employees, you are very replaceable.
Pros
Free entry into parks, discounts, complementary tickets, cast previews
Cons
Guests, work/life balance
The house of Mouse
Outdoor Foods Vendor (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLOctober 12, 2017
I loved working at the park during college Everyone was always helpful and had the same goals. The hardest part of the job was working on rainy days as it was hard to keep dry. The best part of my day was making a family happy.
Pros
discounts, free park time
Valuable Company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CA 92802October 12, 2017
Ive being working for the Resort for 10+ plus years and its a very fun and diverse company. Disney is literally your second family. It is not a bad company to work with. Disney is able to balance all aspects in life especially with school and being a parent. Ive learned A LOT of leadership skills and as a supervisor, I get to go above and beyond all expectations needed. Policies and rules are straightforward for the Guest and Cast.
N/a
Security 2 Officer (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 12, 2017
This is not a good career choice or company to work for, they don't care about their workers, or back them up when guest are bringing in prohibited items. I would recommend this for students in school who want to work part time. When you get injured they send you to doctors who have no idea what they are doing.
Pros
If your in school, and the perks and discounts
Cons
Managers dont care about their workers
Truely Magical
Cook 1 (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 12, 2017
I loved Disney it was my dream job I had to leave for personal reasons but I want to go back. The work hours were rough but the excitement ant the atmosphere were great
great place to retire and work part time
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 11, 2017
love working at Disney. easy going managers and everyone does the job well. lots of guest contact, need to work well with people and have an upbeat personality.
Pros
employee discounts, great benifits
Cons
different work shifts
If you enjoy theme parks than this is the job for you
Quick Service Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 11, 2017
If you enjoy theme park life than I say go for it. My experience with this company was not a great one. I was in the college program and I would not recommend it unless your young and go to college or a retired person

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3