Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Employee Reviews

Found 2,967 reviews matching the search
Great Experience!!
Food & Beverage Host and Sales (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 18, 2016
I was able to learn a lot during this internship. Lost my fear to English and practice my grammar, great benefits and great Disney environment.
Fun place to work
Candy Maker\Cashier\Runner\Lead\Trainer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 17, 2016
The Disneyland Resort was a good company to work for. They have opportunities for grow momth and various roles you can apply for.
Pros
Some free meals, free entry to the parks with the ability to bring in guest certain amount of times per year
Cons
Low pay
Fun and exciting job
Advance Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLNovember 17, 2016
The job is fun and exciting. There are a lot of perks such as free park admission and lots of discounts either at Disney or surrounding companies. Need seniority to get weekends off.
Everyone loves Mickey ears
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 17, 2016
Working at Disneyland has been a great experience for me. Everyone is just so happy an your greeted with welcoming hands an voices. I never knew how to prep until I started working at this wonderful place
Pros
You can actually expect to have a great time
Cons
You have to wait a long time for the rides
Amazing opportunities.
Cultural Representative Program (Former Employee) –  OrlandoNovember 16, 2016
I loved working at Walt Disney World. I was there on a one year contract being a Cultural Representative of Canada. I worked food and beverage at the Canada Pavilion and truly enjoyed my time there. If you are willing to work and help create magic for guests, I highly recommend it.
Pros
free admission to parks, lots of discounts, flexible while changing shifts, good people to work with
Cons
long hours (sometimes and depending on location), some issues with communications with managers
Unique work experience with rough hours and sports leagues
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 15, 2016
Working for this company is a unique experience. It is a good company to work for because of the benefits, such as 401k and health insurance. However, it can be difficult because you work terrible hours and holidays. I believe it is a good company to work for if you are just looking for a part time job, but the job can get old fast.
Pros
401k, health insurance, sports leagues
Cons
Difficult hours, difficult customers, open on holidays
great place to work
Guest Services/Audit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 15, 2016
Great company to work for. I would recommend this company for everyone. Great insurance for a great price. Very flexable with work hours. The best thing is the guest, always fun to create magic for the guest.
culinary at walt disney
Culinary Assistant, Universal Trainer/PDC (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLNovember 15, 2016
culinary at walt disney's magic kingdom was an amazing experience
learn so much about cooking as well as making recipes from scratch truly amazing experience
Pros
free lunch and non alcoholic fountain beverages
Productive, interactive and fun place
Candy Maker (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 15, 2016
Everyday is different and unique as one would like to make it. As a company, The Walt Disney company is great, they provide excellent training, benefits for the employees and there are many opportunists.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Schedule
Dishwasher
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 15, 2016
Good company to work for. Walt Disney world was a great opportunity for me and my family. I believe this company could do better by providing more hours for their employees
Good place to work, cons tend to outweigh pros
Management Intern, Custodial Operations (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 14, 2016
The pay is exceptionally low for the amount of effort and energy that is expected and required by the company. The day-to-day experience can be physically exhausting, but can be rewarding in the long term.
great place for advancement but bad management
On stage Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 12, 2016
great place for advancement but management is really bad they are unprofessional the pay isn't great at all unless you have sonority no one can live off what they pay and their pay never goes past 13 an hour for everyone except management.
Productive and fun workplace.
Food & Beverage/ Busser (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 11, 2016
The work environment is fun and the people are great. Great managers, Supervisors. Friendly Cast members they felt like family. Working at Disney I learned a lot because of Disney I have great customer service skills. I learned how to handle difficult situations and make the guest happy at the resort. I also learned to make unexpected magical moments from Birthdays to replacing a meal because it simply wasn't the right choice. I learned to prepare and serve food with a smile in my face. I learned to do inventory and spoilage.
Pros
Free access to the parks, discounts on merchandise and food
Cons
Short breaks, long hours
Wonderful place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLNovember 11, 2016
This was probably the best job I've ever had! The work environment is great. The only problem is that it is kind of hard to advance there. It can take a number of years but if you can hold on, it's worth it.
Fun environment with great people
Six month internship (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 10, 2016
The work environment is fun and the people are great. The work itself is a bit harder than expected, but nothing I can't handle. A typical at Disney consists of serving thousands of guests, keeping a smile on my face, and creating magic for everyone that comes to visit the most magical place on Earth. This has definitely been the experience of a lifetime and I wouldn't change it for anything. My co-workers are all very accepting and friendly and I believe quite a few of them will remain lifelong friends. The hardest part of my job is probably the long hours standing outside in one spot, I much prefer a job where I am constantly moving and multitasking. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I see that I have made a child's day the best while they are here at the parks. My management team has been incredible while working here, they are always willing to work with us and to help us advance in our careers if we wish to stay with the company, and I have learned so much about what it takes to be a leader from those who lead me through my job everyday.
Pros
Free access to the parks, discounts on merchandise and food
Cons
Short breaks, long hours
An amazing place to work at.
Sale Associate/Customer Service/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 10, 2016
Great job . Great managers, Supervisors. Friendly Co workers they felt like family. Working at Disney I learned a lot because of Disney I have great customer service skills. I learned how to handle difficult situations and make the guest happy at the resort. I also learned to make unexpected magical moments from Birthdays to replacing a meal because it simply wasn't the right choice. I learned to prepare and serve food with a smile in my face. I learned to do inventory and spoilage. I also learned how to use the register. DIsney resorts are an amazing place to work at.
Pros
Free park tickets, Discounts, Great health insurance
Cons
Parking
Innovative and culture-friendly environment, lazer-focused on keeping the magic going.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 9, 2016
The Walt Disney Company is probably one of the best companies I've ever had the privilege to work for. They take just as good care of their cast members/employees as they do their patrons, which is what I would consider a vastly successful mentality and paramount culture for a top-tier running business. With the accolades and direction this business has taken in the last near century-long tenure, it's hard to put them in any category of business but their own. Upholding the well-being of the patrons with everything from baggage check and metal detectors all the way to giving stickers to a crying child and cheering them up brought value to everything I had the privilege of doing and learning while working in this company and I will always take those values and magic memories with me wherever I go in life.
Pros
Career advancement, opportunities
Cons
Short shifts, lower paychecks
Fun workplace
Merchandise Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLNovember 9, 2016
Its a very good environment. Nice people you work with. Is the happiest place on earth. Managers are the best and you are always happy working every day.
So many opprotunities working this company
Lifeguard/Watercraft (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 9, 2016
I worked different positions throughout the years I worked for this company and I enjoyed all of them. Everyone's experience in this company is different depending on where they work at and their position. As long as you don't call in to much you can change positions every year until you find what you love. I recommend working hard if you want to advance the chain of command.
Nothing better than creating the magic!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 9, 2016
This job is perfect to be apart of something so much bigger than yourself. The joy and opportunity you have to create something so special is unforgettable.

4.3