Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Employee Reviews

Found 3,622 reviews matching the search
It's a fun and convenient to work.
Customer support/ Customer service (Current Employee) –  Glennville, GAMay 21, 2017
There are plenty of hours offered and plenty of opportunity to make money. It's easy going and a great way to learn new things, you can make a schedule that's convenient for you and work as many hours as you like while working from home.
Amazing place to work and above all fun
Guest Relations/Entertainer/Custodial (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 21, 2017
Working for Disney might have been the best experience i have had in my life i learned so much from that company that i woul never had learned if i wasent accepted with in the company and some of those things are how to be indipendent, how to manage my money and learning how to manage my daily life responsabilities with my job.
Pros
Free entry to any Walt Disney World Park
Cons
bad transportation system
Disney Intern
Customer Service Representative /FASTPASS (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 21, 2017
I was an intern and I learned a lot about customer service. I enjoyed working in a park and learning about the culture of Disney and living in a new place.
fun and nice place to work
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 20, 2017
Disneyland has some of the nicest people i have ever worked with. It's fun beautiful surroundings and i did a variety of things which was nice. You can work a variety of locations and hours its really nice.
Pros
discounts
beautiful scenery
Artisan (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 19, 2017
Typical work day would include greeting guest that stopped at the bead table. I would inform guest about the Beads for life program.When assigned to the water park I would apply temporary tattoos. The culture was very relaxing and easy going. I love being outside and enjoyed the sunset over EPCOT every night. I worked with one other employee most of the times.
Representante cultural
Representante cultural (Former Employee) –  Orlando FL USAMay 19, 2017
La experiencia adquirida fue muy grande tanto personal como profesional. Trabajé en las diferentes áreas de un hotel como recepción, atención al cliente, ama de llaves y servicio de botones. Y también estuve en un parque temático trabajando en una atracción de un bote que invita a conocer mi país. Así conseguí mi mayor logro de mejorar la calidad en el servicio al huésped.
Fast Paced Environment
Guest Experience Manger (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMay 19, 2017
A typical day consists of monitoring all employees. Maintaining labor goals and aligning with sales and budget plans for the property. Monitoring for any issues that arise.
disney
Point Of Sale Integration Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 19, 2017
Disney was one of the best work experiences I've ever had. I loved he people and the environment. The work was awesome and what I went to college for.
Extremely political and overly bureaucratic
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMay 18, 2017
Although the work is interesting and never ending, the daily activities have become much harder than they need to be due to the culture of "decision by committee".
Pros
Stability
Cons
High stress, no recongnition
Quick-pace workplace
Attractions Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMay 18, 2017
The job has it ups and downs, but seeing the guest faces when you do something for them, is the reason for working there. Is a quick-pace job it can be stressful at time, but you enjoy it.
Fast paced, call center.
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 18, 2017
Typical day was to sign in to your phone and take calls back to back. Had a great time developing relationships with guests to ensure the best vacation for them. Perks included free passes to the parks and discounts on hotel stays. High pressure to upsell and mandatory overtime throughout the year, up to 60 hours a week.
Fast paced environment.
Food and Beverage Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMay 18, 2017
If you can't handle fast paced and demanding environments, Disney is not for you. You are expected to be at your peak performance level each and every day. It's one of the most fun workplaces I've ever been involved with, but they will also demand every single bit of you, it's very exhausting. If you aren't willing to put in 500%, DO NOT apply.

They have a point system that is absolutely horrific. If you are in good physical health, you'll be fine. But if you need doctor's appointments, or get sick frequently, the Company does not accomodate for missed days.
Pros
Excellent breaks, great opportunities for advancement.
Cons
At their mercy hours wise, not willing to help with time off.
What magic?
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 18, 2017
It's fun for like the first year because everything is new. Slowly you realize that their management doesn't care about anything but making themselves look good. They exploit their employees with mandatory extending of shifts, and over time. Getting holidays off are only in your imagination. Yes, interacting with guests is fun and the tasks assigned aren't difficult but you're not valued for you work in any way, shape or form.
Cons
short breaks, awful management, inconsiderate with emergencies
great place to work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 18, 2017
wonderful company and plenty of options for growth. the pay isn't amazing but the amount of tickets and other items we get with our cast discounts make up for it
Disney College Program-Merchandise
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 17, 2017
I worked at MouseGear in Epcot, which was a great location. We were a family there and really helped each other. Every day was tough but rewarding. Every day was very fast paced, and guests always had to come before your work. Some guests really made my day, but there were definitely more rude guests than nice guests. For every one nice guest, I would get 9 other rude guests.
Cons
Short breaks; low pay
Great work atmosphere
Entertainer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 17, 2017
Working for Disney is something only to be experienced. There is a calming to know that you are making magic for at least one person everyday. I am motivated to do my job, by remembering its someones first day at Disney everyday.
Extremely Fun work environment
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 17, 2017
Working for the Walt Disney world company has been a great opportunity. It is fun job to have and has also helped me network a great deal. I have learned how to work in a face paced environment without being stressed out as well and the Disney company taught me great customer service skills.
Best place to work ever!
HOH and Sales (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 17, 2017
This job was the best job I have ever had! It was never a dull day and the scheduling was amazing! You could swap shifts with co-wokers if something came up and even pick up shifts at other parks if you wanted to try a change of pace!
Good Company
FOOD & BEVERAGE OPERATIONS TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 17, 2017
Great company to work for with benefits you'd find beneficial if you love Disney. Management is decent but they are very one-sided and play favorites. Hardest part of the job is the lazy workers who are allowed to get away with being lazy.
Not the most family friendly place to work
Entertainer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 17, 2017
I absolutely loved my job most days. It was very physically demanding though and the pay was not adequate considering the literall abuse by guests. I didn't have a holiday off for 8 years and when I had children my family's needs were expected to come second to my job. A sick child required me to call in to work with disciplinary actions. And I my department I had many many managers all with different priorities. Non of which was the employee. Overall the company comes down to the all mighty dollar.
Pros
Decent insurance coverage, plenty of hours if full time
Cons
Mandatory overtime, no weekends or holidays off, poor pay for physically demanding roles. Management is never on the same page with each other

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3