Walt Disney Parks and Resorts

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,770 reviews matching the search
Greatest Place on Earth
Sales Professional, Disney Reservation Center (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 4, 2016
Fun work environment. Strong culture. Great people! The Disney Reservation Center is a professional work environment. Leadership is very black and white, and top sales performers are recognized.
Pros
Great benefits!
Great experience and environment.
Attractions Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLAugust 20, 2015
No job is perfect but Disney makes it pretty close. You can always get hours, you have a great union, you have great benefits
(AMAZING), and usually good management. I think Disney takes care of their employees very well, there are a lot of perks to working for the mouse. Sure you will have those certain managers, those certain coworkers,and those certain guest but overall it was a good experience. The work environment can vary. I've been in slow areas and extremely busy areas, you will work long hours during peak seasons. You can have hard days, and amazing days so unique you can only have them at WDW. It's not for everyone but if you like a challenge it will definitely give you a great experience.
Pros
free admission, discounts, employee parties, benefits
Cons
Stress, Disney look
It's not who you know, but who knows what you can do
Global Creativity & Innovation Producer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 14, 2015
Disney has a culture that empowers you to take on more than your everyday job responsibilities. Networking and involving yourself are just as important as your daily applications. It's quite an incestuous company in that promotions and new opportunities are shared via word of mouth weeks before the general public hears word.

Disney of course offers a smaller denomination for salary than most other organizations around because their compensation package includes Disney benefits many central Floridians covet.
Awesome company, pay a little below market.
Business Analyst Web / Graphic (Former Employee) –  Celebration, FLNovember 15, 2015
Disney has it down for work life balance. There has been some well deserved bad press lately on outsourcing work but at it's core a good company founded on good principals. The company has excellent benefits and much of the management still holds the principals in high standing.
Very fast paced workplace
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 22, 2015
It is a very fun and fast paced work environment since I was photopass in Magic Kingdom. A typical work day was standing with the characters and interacting with them and the guests from all over the world. It required a lor of physical work as I had to be long hours standing and walking but it was worth it to see all the children smile and capture those magical moments they have been waiting for all year.
Pros
experience
Cons
management
Used to be a fun place to come to work.
Runner (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 27, 2016
I have been been with this company almost 25 years, i used to enjoy coming to work but in the last 2 month things has change they brought in more executives and now they are trying to get rid of some of the hourly.I mean it doesn't make sense to bring in all this new executive that don't even have a clue. This company Focus was The Family not anymore Now is all about money.and forget about the hourly , they do not care about the housekeeper, the Dishwashers ,Qsr ,custodial ,servers,greeters, etc. it is very FRUSTRATING.

TRY TALKING TO THEM ,NOBODY WANT TO LISTEN.
LET BLAME THE CHANGES IN ANOTHER COUNTRY WHICH IS WHAT THEY ARE DOING.......
Great company full of culture and family
Labor Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 23, 2016
I have spent 15 years with this company and feel that it has many great attributes to offer. Disney is known for its culture and community, this goes further than just with its guests. There is a strong focus on community through leadership and volunteer activities.

The company as high standards and as a leader within the resort, it was within my duties to help maintain these standards. Through compliance measures and mentorships, the Walt Disney Company maintains a focus on treating its employees as guests.
fun workplace
General Teller (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMarch 31, 2016
Working at disney world was a fun work place we were always busy and moving around i was at fast food place i learned assistance manager roles like dealing with the stores money closing the store putting people in their registers and there closing positions management was amazing can't complain of none of them my co-workers were my family and still are hardest part of my job was dealing with the money at the end of the night i loved working with my co-workers and seeing all the happy kids.
Pros
free luches
Cons
healthcare
Disney...how is it to work there?
Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLFebruary 7, 2016
Disney is a great place to learn many things. I feel that people tend to take for granted what they really gain from working at the "Happiest Place on Earth." If you talk to some employees, they complain that the pay is not the greatest and the hours are horrible (mandatory overtime, on occasion). When you break everything down, the benefits, overall, are actually pretty good. You have access to all of the Disney parks. You can bring friends and family into the parks up to 16 times per year (3 people per time, per day). Let's do some math: $558 for four 1-day park hoppers x 16 days = $8928 per year in ticket benefits. Let's not forget that cast members can go in, almost, any time they want. The health insurance is very cheap, ~$20/month, comparatively, to almost every other company and even the Affordable care marketplace. Also, if you actually pay attention during your intro to Disney classes you learn much more than just Disney. There is more...
Pros
Benefits, Learning
Happiest place on Earth to work
Concierge, Trainer, Aloha Day Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 27, 2015
Working at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts in Florida is the best job I've ever had. On most days, work doesn't feel like work and just about everyone is very supportive to help you advance. Even though the pay is lower than most jobs in hospitality, but the benefits you get for working (both personal and fun) really outweigh the negative. You have a passion to make people happy, you need to work here.
Pros
Great personal and in-park benefits, very supportive teams, possibilities of advancement
Cons
Lower pay than most hospitality jobs, schedules are not too flexible when you start.
Great Team But Contractor Culture
WEBSITE PRODUCER & PROJECT MANAGER (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMarch 20, 2016
I met some great people at WDPRO but found the culture leaned heavily towards a contract-based workforce that were not going to be allowed to grow, or stay - but simply to fulfill the tasks needed at the time. If you really like to be allowed creativity, freedom to take on new challenges and grow - WDPRO may not be the place for you.
Great Job
Attractions Host (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 28, 2015
Typical day in attractions is very fun and upbeat. Either you're at your actual attraction or you are on the parade route. Either way, it's a win win. Of course it's not always lollipops and rainbows, there's always those days where you're just not having it. Guests can be rude and unreasonable but your other cast members will always be there to help you out. Cast members (a vast majority) are extremely fun to work with and are helpful. The only advice I would give you is to ask questions, and don't be afraid to use your voice. Management is great when it comes to checking in on how you are doing, whether you are enjoying the park, and eventually moving up. The hardest part about the job would be the guests. Guests either make or break your day. If your attraction breaks down.. guess what! Here comes super mom here to beat your butt down with her stroller. And to your left comes Nana Montana ready to ram you over with her electric wheel chair. But the most enjoyable part is having a second place to call home. Something about working at Disneyland never gets old. It's one of those places where you either HATE working there or absolutely LOVE it. Overall a great place to work, and to learn customer service.
Pros
Great coworkers, good benefits, entry into the park, park discounts
Cons
Guest complaints, crazy hours, unstable hours
Warehouse work
Distribution Services (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 15, 2016
I can put up with a lot of physical tasks easily and effortlessly but with this company they will use you till your exhausted and then complain that more work needs to be done. I worked on all three shifts and not a single one was worth it and neither was the time spent there.During my employment the only joy I got from the job was driving the forklift and clocking out
Pros
Nice views of the park
Cons
Management and team members
It's what you make of it
Working Lead (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 27, 2015
A typical day at work involves putting out fires: anything from open shifts, dwindling supplies, and the everyday office drama. What I have learned from the company is how to remain fair, even when favoritism is rampant. Management can be a hit or miss, some want to see you succeed while others utilize their position of power to exercise it. My co-workers are an eclectic mix of college aged kids to retired people who just want a job to have something to do. The hardest part of my job is ensuring people are performing their jobs at their best at all times. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I make another person smile. It doesn't have to be a guest, sometimes when I make another employee's day a little bit easier it makes it all worthwhile.
Pros
Admission into themeparks, many departments to choose from
Cons
Full time hours with no benefits, irregular hours, unresponsive employees
A Happy Place
Entertainer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 23, 2015
Very fun place to work if you like see people happy and having a great time. I learned that there is always work to be done. The management seemed to care about all of their employees. I enjoyed spending time my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is that it was really hot. The most enjoyable part of the job was all the smiles I got to see on peoples faces.
Pros
fun place, always positive energy
Cons
hot, salary, long hours
What a fun place to work.
Lead (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLNovember 15, 2015
My job consisted of providing exceptional customer service by serving quality food, fast and quick.
I learned so much about other cultures from around the world.
Management was awesome to me. I worked with a great bunch of people.
The hardest part of my job was handling an upset guest.
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing a smile on someone's face and knowing that I helped to do that.
Pros
Free park admission for myself, family and friends
Cons
The pay could have been a bit better.
A typical day
Outdoor Food Vendor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 27, 2016
You learn about different cultures of people who both come there to enjoy the theme park and to work there. They make you feel welcome. One thing though, you have to know how to respond to persons when they are being rude. You can't be rude back to them, when they decide to get one up on you. A typical day will begin with getting ice (and probably drinks, whether soda or juice) to your work station. Depending on where you are set to work, you may sell popcorn, juice, soda, almond nuts, ice cream, popsicle, ice cream cakes, etc.
Pros
You feel like you are a part of a family there.
Cons
Long standing during the course of the day.
Fast paced and enjoyable place to work.
Attractions Hostess (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 1, 2016
A typical day at work helping our guests plan their day throughout the theme parks. I've learned how to plan a proper Disney vacation, how to work at very fast paced positions during very busy times of the year. Management was not always there when you needed them. They give the courtesy of our customers higher priority than to an employee's health. Co-workers are amazing, we just need a positive vibe to get along with others. The hardest part of the job was when something went down or had technical difficulties, we had to tell the guests to come back and check throughout the day. The most enjoyable part was to help and make someones bad day into a good vacation.
Pros
Free entrances into the parks.
Cons
Breaks were given in parts.
A wonderful place to work, you learn new skills daily, very challenging atmosphere
Retail Lead/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 7, 2016
I enjoyed making magic on a daily basis. Seeing a child smile was all the reward i needed nightly. Managing a crew of 20 could be challenging at times, but that challenge is what I thrive on. Guest satisfaction was always priority one.
Pros
employee recognition, goal incentives, great cast members, meeting people from all over the world
Cons
lack of hours, health benefits
A fun place to work, if you avoid the politics
Busser Lead / Support Lead (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 7, 2016
What can I say, working for Disneyland was the time of my life. Making magic every day for thousands of guests is truly wonderful. However the culture is very cliquey, and you can quickly find yourself alienated among your coworkers if you anger the wrong person. This unfortunately extends to management, as many of the location managers are friends with people in certain cliques, and if you're a lead like I was, you're gonna have a bad time.

Advancement is amazing, and really depends on your department. I was in foods, and foods has high turnover (because it's not exactly easy) so I became a lead in only 5 months. A good work ethic, positive attitude, and a drive to succeed will take you far in a company that needs all the good leaders it can get. If you don't want to advance but don't like your particular job, you can transfer to almost any other department in the Resort, provided there's an opening and no pre-requisite. Opportunity is everywhere at Disneyland.

Special cast member events, contests, opportunities and discounts are frequent and everywhere. Once every couple of months the company gives our free ice cream or hot dogs or candy or something else. In-n-Out trucks frequently visit the resort to give cast members free hamburgers. Cast members can sign up for free screenings of Disney at the Disney-owned AMC Theater in Downtown Disney. As of writing this, the company is offering limosine rides from Cast Parking to the Resort for cast members at random, in lieu of the usual Cast Shuttle. Your Disney ID will get you discounts on almost everything from movie tickets
  more... to groceries, Vegas hotels and travel expenses to new cars and apartments, as well as entry into Disneyland and every Disney park in the world for free (except Tokyo Disney)

The benefits of a Disney job are great. The pay isn't amazing for regular parkside cast members, but it's not awful. It's an awesome place to work, but don't get caught up in the politics.
Pros
Free entry to Disneyland, discounts all over the city, exclusive cast events, tons of room for advancement, fun work environment
Cons
department cliques, shift schedules are erratic, seniority can kill your paycheck/stunt advancement.

4.3