Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Employee Reviews

Found 3,184 reviews matching the search
Productive and fun workplace
Trainer, Disney Store Operations (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 21, 2017
Working at the Disneyland Resort is a fun experience. The management team makes a big difference in your role. It used to be a positive environment but has changed to a more negative environment due to new managers.
Pros
Medical Benefits, Free Admission to Disney Parks
Cons
Fun place to work, but poor management and compensation is inexcusable
Disneyland Resort Store Operations Working Lead (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 27, 2016
Disneyland is a great place to work for someone first entering the job force and who needs job experience. The experience you have dealing with the public is unlike anywhere else, and is a good resume blip.

However, the pay is minimum wage, even for hourly supervisors, and the hours are terrible and minimal - new hires often work less than 4 hours per week. Leads complete more work than many managers, yet receive very little in compensation.

The unfortunate fact is that Disneyland workers are a dime a dozen, easily replaceable, and how we are treated makes that painfully obvious. No matter the grievances brought up, the complaints are often ignored or pushed to the back burner, since it's easier to wait until you quit, than to address the issue.

Highly dramatic work area, regardless of the area you work in, and cast member morale is often very low because of it. The Resort motto may as well be "go ahead and complain, we have 100 people clamoring to take your spot."
Pros
Free park entry, opportunity to sign friends and family into park
Cons
Extremely Poor compensation for amount of work completed, Poor management
Walt Disney World
Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLFebruary 4, 2017
Great company to work for, always room for advancement, great opportunity to meet different people from all walks of life. History of the company speaks for itself.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Starting Pay not the best, but does get better over time.
Disney
Customer Service /Cashier / Stocking (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 14, 2017
Very good place to work. Nice people and good benefits. Nice environment. can work anywhere. People should work here. Make a lot of friends. I have learned foods and cashier and the management is very nice. hardest part of job is that it is hard to go fulltime.
Cons
Good place to work if you know where to look
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLOctober 22, 2016
There are many different things to do in this company. So the good thing is if you don't like it you can always try something different. Advancement is a long process.
Pros
benefits, different options to work
Cons
pay, hard to advance, work life balance is non existent at times
About the Money
Custodial Busser/Lead/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Plaza InnJuly 9, 2016
They didnt care about if you were in school had a Second Jobs or had Kids, either show up or get fired. only advanced people who would Fully Lick and Ream managements Bung Hole, Plus if you moved to management instead of placing you in your department they throw you into another random Department, i was in Foods and we had managers from Entertainment, Rides, Costumes, and Hotels, they had no clue how to operate a restaurant, on top of the inexperience they would make us break food safety protocols or guess what? youre fired
Pros
Free tix into parks
Cons
minimum wage, 4-8 hours a week to start, no benefits, management
Very good place to work
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLFebruary 15, 2017
Job Work/Life Balance, compensation/benefits, job
security/advancement, management, job Culture are very good at Disney.
I Loved my Disney Job!!
BOH Lead (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 12, 2016
What can I say? Its Disneyland! This job was a dream come true. I started as a cashier and finished as a trained dinner cook and restaurant lead. I was working in other types of jobs before but Disney is where I learned actual culinary cooking. The co-workers had the greatest personalities even when dealing with difficult people. The whole atmosphere was quick paced and positive. The employees understood that our jobs were to create an experience that was no less than magical for the guest. I managed to start in a basic position and with in the course of a year and a half was in one of the highest paying positions in the area. I learned to love to cook because I was being trained by and working along side chefs.

There was a lot of difficult obstacles to over come though. The work day was always high volume and fast paced. It took time to learn everything quickly. They also have a union and follow seniority and it was a challenge to get moved up in position over people with more seniority, but I did it. Also, the work hours there were often long and erratic. It often required a lot of overtime. One summer I worked 12 hour days 5 days a week.

It was an experience I will never forget and maybe someday will go back.
Pros
excellent benefits, paid vacation, sick pay, 401 K, stock in company
Cons
erratic schedules, long work days
Disney College Internship
Quick food service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 27, 2017
While working at Disney the only benefits really received were park entranced passes. The pay was minimal, and you waive certain rights I feel. The management and people that surround you make it all worth it though. I had lot's of fun.
Looks great on resume but do not respect your scheduling needs.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 20, 2016
This place is the "happiest place on earth" but it's not the happiest place to work at. I worked there for 7 years and even after working so many years for them they scheduled me whatever they wanted. They never respected the time I needed off.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Do not respect the days you need off or the time you are willing to work.
Excellent place to work
Guest Service Manager/ Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 17, 2017
Excellent place to work. Great culture, great people. Lots of opportunities to advance. Lots of options to have a career.
Pros
Cons
compensation
having fun while you work
Attractions Cast Member (Current Employee) –  star tours, haunted mansionJanuary 18, 2017
Overall this is a excellent company to work for . With many great benefits. Make long lasting friendships, But be careful it is very time consuming .
Pros
awesome employee discount
Cons
lack of management depending on the department
Highly beneficial
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 23, 2017
I gained a sense of discipline, punctuality and respect through my experience at Disney World. I learned to interact in a very diverse environment. The managers had plenty of tips to share with us to make sure we were ready to do our best.
Pros
Working with people from all around the world
Cons
The salary
Great Company and have a great team to work
Bellman (Current Employee) –  Animal kingdom resort Jambo HouseJanuary 26, 2017
I'm being working with Company for more than 23 years and got good experience and learn a lot doing customers services and have the to work at 4 different hotels and hade the opportunity to be part of opening team to open a new hotel
Pros
Good healthcare and benefits to entrance to the parks
Wonderful
Table Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 17, 2016
I loved working here but it was difficult to maintain 2 jobs and school at the time so I had to make a decision but thankfully I have left on good terms and I appreciate all the company has done for me.
Pros
Benefits, Friendly Coworkers, Busy enviornment
Cons
Training took too long due to seniority; difficult to move up.
Wonderful first time job, lasting friendships
Attractions Hostess (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 8, 2016
Disney is a great first time company to work for. The benefits are great, and you make friends that you keep for the rest of your life. The only downside is that management can be terrible depending on the department you work for, and even with a promotion, you still make very small income.
Pros
Free Sign-ins, 40% during holidays, friends, flexible hours
Cons
Terrible managers, very little pay, hard to juggle two jobs at once
Fun environment
Guest Relations Hostess (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 2, 2017
DIsneyland is a very fun environment to work at. There awesome nice benefits like the occasional free food, and events. However, the chances of any sort of advancement are slim.
excellent, fun place to work and meet people from all areas of the world
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJanuary 6, 2017
Fun place to work. Great benefits. Fast paced environment and able to meet and work with a very diverse group of people. Good training program with managers that help make learning fun. Hardest part was the inablilty to get full time status.
Magical experience
Sales and Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 28, 2016
Family, Friendship, passionate, hardworking coworkers
Create memories that last a lifetime. Free park entrance and parking including friends and family, great medical benefits and 401k.
Pros
Hard working coworkers, great medical
Cons
Competitive pay
Poorly managed
Service Availability Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 12, 2016
This location is poorly managed. There was virtually nothing documented. Process improvements were laughed at. Very immature management in Seattle.
Pros
Cons
Worked around the clock with no compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3