Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Employee Reviews

Found 3,176 reviews matching the search
Its a fun place to work.
Food and Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 28, 2016
It can be a very busy day but meeting people from around the world with all kind of cultures make it fun. fellow cast members are very supportive.
Pros
very specific role work.
Cons
its not the best salary
very good place to work
Quick Service Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 6, 2017
Really good place to work, salary on time, extra time provided, understand if any problem Team members are so nice , so many services provided like free bus service , accommodation free excess to disney parks 24 hour house security
Out of date inventory management
Materials Manager, Attraction Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 28, 2016
The need for managing inventory accurately is poorly recognized by management. The responsibility for inventory accuracy is placed in the hands of a separate department from the users. There is little or no accountability.
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Cons
No advancement opportunities.
all in one career!
Operations (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 17, 2016
Working for Walt Disney Company is a wonderful experience. It's a well known company around the world that has many services, and the career possibilities are endless.
The cast members are very friendly and always eager to assist in any way possible. Instead of being coworkers, everyone is more of a family. They even plan cast member trips, parties, and other gatherings. if you ever have a problem, you're never alone. The management team is always on hand with any guest, or cast related issues, and always with a friendly smile.
The most enjoyable part of your Disney career is getting to meet people from all walks of life. People from all around the world gather peacefully to make memories, and enjoy their time at Walt Disney World, and you get to take part in it!! I especially enjoyed working with children of all ages, and from programs such as Make-A-Wish, YES groups, sports teams and other tour groups from around the globe.
Pros
Many Many benefits such as health insurance, pension plans, and discounts on services.
Cons
the surrounding economy is very expensive. Cost of living is very high.
Culturally diverse, fun place to work at.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2016
Working at Walt Disney World was a fun experience, you meet a lot of people and learn things about other peoples culture. A typical day at Disney is usually fast paced and busy. Co-workers were great! The most enjoyable part about working for the company was the benefits that came with the job; being able to get into the parks for free and also getting the opportunity to bring family and friends as well.
great company
Host (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLFebruary 19, 2017
Great the benefits are great its the management team when you do them a favor everything is good its when you need something they are really one sided
Fun place to work
Access Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLOctober 13, 2016
Great management, reliable co-workers, opportunities to transfer, great interaction with the guests. You get to meet and work with people from all over the world. It was rewarding and challenging work.
Pros
health benefits, free park entry, free tickets
Cons
pay
Great part-time job
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 13, 2017
Working at Disney is a great experience, the benefits alone are worth the time. However, it is hard to move up and anything below a manager position doesn't pay much over minimum wage.
Pros
Discounts and park tickets
Cons
short breaks, low pay
fun work place
Host (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 22, 2017
great place to work. They provide many benefits. Get paid weekly. the treat their employees so well. Would recommend people to work here. They help pay for your college.
Pros
get in to disney parks free over 15times a year for you and 3 people
Fun Job
Park Operations Lead (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 12, 2016
The environment is almost always fun! There is plenty of opportunities for lateral movement and/or advancement. Great benefits for taking family into the parks. Also provides very good commuter assistance program.
Benefits
Cons
Low pay
Amazing Experience
Food & Beverage (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 9, 2017
At times you do feel like you are expendable, but the benefits outweigh the negatives. You meet many amazing people and learn so many things. It is a once in a lifetime job experience, and I loved ever minute of it!
Nice guests
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 29, 2016
I would not recommend working here. Not a happy place to work for. Low raises. You need to know someone for advancement. Lots of unhappy workers.
Pros
Free tickets
Cons
Low raises
Disney College Program
Bell Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJanuary 22, 2017
Great experience working for this company. I was a lifeguard for about 8 months then I worked in bell services for around 4 months. Great benefits for the job the pay isn't great but it is an internship
Productive, interactive and fun place
Candy Maker (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 15, 2016
Everyday is different and unique as one would like to make it. As a company, The Walt Disney company is great, they provide excellent training, benefits for the employees and there are many opportunists.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Schedule
A day in the life of a Disney College Program participant
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaJuly 29, 2016
Working for the Walt Disney World Resort as a Tomorrowland merchandise cast member in the wonderful Magic Kingdom was everything I had hoped for and more. Meeting guests and fellow cast members from all around the world was a true blessing and a wonderful learning expierence. I took courses through the company I got college credit for and that was definetly a learning expierence in itself. I learned about managing my time better and how to be more patient in difficult situations.
Pros
Cast member benefits
Cons
N/A
A Magical Place to Work
Merchandiser/Sales (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 6, 2016
A typical day at Disney is making magical memories for each guest. You can learn many trades in Recreation, Merchandise, Custodial, Guest Relations, Slide Operations, and many other fields within the Walt Disney World Company. One can gain many friendships working together in a team oriented environment. I really cannot say if there is a hard part of the job. There are many people that will help you if by any chance you run into a difficult situation. The most enjoyable part of the job is creating a postive and magical experiance for our guest, and working with the many Diverse Cast Members.
Pros
Comp Tickets, Holiday Discounts, Benefits
Fun Place to work
Security Host (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLFebruary 6, 2017
I like working at Disney, You meet new people you have with co-workers and with the guest the hours are good the benefits good culture,
exactly what it is
Chef (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 27, 2017
lots of fun. low pay but balanced with benefits and I was able to work as many hours as I wanted. word 80 hour work weeks with no issues, got over-time, double and triple pay. learned a lot from the experience I had.
Great Cast Memebrs and Company
Quick Service Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 15, 2016
My Fellow Cast Members made the job worth while, however any incident that occurred, the Managements resolution is to get rid of the entire problem rather than working with the Cast Members to fix it. Disney is a fantastic company to work for however their quick to eliminate Cast Member issues over trying to keep their turn over rate low.
Pros
Excellent Workers, Good Benefits for Full-Time
Cons
Quick to Eliminate Cast Member Issues rather than Solving them.
Fun environment with great people
Six month internship (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 10, 2016
The work environment is fun and the people are great. The work itself is a bit harder than expected, but nothing I can't handle. A typical at Disney consists of serving thousands of guests, keeping a smile on my face, and creating magic for everyone that comes to visit the most magical place on Earth. This has definitely been the experience of a lifetime and I wouldn't change it for anything. My co-workers are all very accepting and friendly and I believe quite a few of them will remain lifelong friends. The hardest part of my job is probably the long hours standing outside in one spot, I much prefer a job where I am constantly moving and multitasking. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I see that I have made a child's day the best while they are here at the parks. My management team has been incredible while working here, they are always willing to work with us and to help us advance in our careers if we wish to stay with the company, and I have learned so much about what it takes to be a leader from those who lead me through my job everyday.
Pros
Free access to the parks, discounts on merchandise and food
Cons
Short breaks, long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3