Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Employee Reviews

Don't work for Disney
Mini Golf Ops (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 8, 2017
I did not enjoy working here. As a student it was hard to get hours work around my school schedule.I as always struggling to get hours and get someone to take the shifts I could not work. I did enjoy the different people that I had met but the people weren't worth the struggle of getting to work without skipping class.
Internship Program
Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLNovember 8, 2017
It was an incredibly amazing experience that i would not give up for the world. WDW is an amazing place that everyone should go visit. I loved it! Would do it again!
Pros
Wdw
Cons
Pay
Fun place to work in
Outdoor Vendor (Former Employee) –  Epcot Center, Walt Disney World, FLNovember 7, 2017
Fun place to work in if you like to be around a lot of people and like to work in a fast pace. You get to meet people from all around the world and while working, you learn how to greet people in different languages.
Pros
Free admission
Cons
Short breaks, too many hours worked, low pay
Wonderful
Disney College Program Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 7, 2017
The Disney College Program was wonderful exposure into both the Walt Disney company and what it means to truly have not only your customers' needs at heart, but also your cast members.
Pros
Entering the parks for free as a cast member and many other perks.
Cons
Long hours during high volume times (expected, so not really a con)
Great place to woek spent almost 25 years with the company
Housekeeping Guest Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 7, 2017
Great Place to work spent my entire life there and love it. They will treat you well and treat you fairly. The only reason I would and potentially leaving is for family
Incredible Place To Work
Attractions Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLNovember 7, 2017
I can't wait for the day that I can retire and move to Fl to work again for Disney. This company is truly focused on the guest/customer. It really is the most magical place on earth.
Great for someone who is just starting outr
Operator, Lead, Special (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 7, 2017
Over my time here I learned a lot about customer service and how to turn negative situations into a positive experience for our casts and guest. All while maintaining safety and efficiency
Disney Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 7, 2017
Working at The Walt Disney Company has benefit myself professionally and emotionally in many ways. The work place atmosphere is completely professional and there is always someone there to answer any questions you have. It is very well put together and they know what they're doing.
Disney
Guest Service Operations Leader- (Current Employee) –  Magic KingdomNovember 7, 2017
I worked there for 23 years, great company but my time and pay were to matching. I needed a change. The company is great but it is hard to grow on different levels.
Fun place to work
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 6, 2017
It's a fun place to work at but there is little incentive. too much conflict of interest from the commanding personnel. Overall, a fun place to have a temporary job.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Stressful, too much conflict between employees
Friendly place to work
Busser/ food prep (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 6, 2017
You meet alot of cool cast members that make an impact in your life plus the perks of Disney are made for the cast members to show that Disney appreciates us
Pros
family tickets
Cons
managment sucks
Fun but also fast paced
Internship Costumer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 6, 2017
In the costuming department there was a constant need for repairs as well as production. The constant and ever changing work was always a way to keep your day going.
Pros
Dicounts
Making Disney Magic
Attractions Host (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 6, 2017
It is always a pleasure working or making magic at the happiest place on earth. Though at times, there are things that we, as cast members, don't feel appreciated. But the simple joy and pleasure of helping guests get the best Disney Experience they can get it what makes us, cast members, keep doing what we do.
low pay
Lead / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 6, 2017
Loved working at Disney and would still be there except for lack of pay and advancement opportunities. Great job for high school kids and college students but not a career. Could not raise a family on $8 an hour
Fun, if not repetitive and often uncomfortable
Character Performer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 5, 2017
It's a decent job for short time. It's not a typical work environment which is a plus. It can get very repetitive and guests can often be unpredictable.
Pros
Free park admission
Cons
hot, could be unpredictable, strange situations
Working at Disneyland
Cast Member/Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 5, 2017
I only worked at Disney only one year. They had a point system for calling out sick that I didn't fully understand. If I had never called out sick I would still be working there today. Being forced to leave Disney due to being over my points was one of the saddest moments of my life.
Pros
You get to see the magic happen, you get to see the park after it is closed. Also the discounts.
Cons
The point system.
Fun company but hard to make a decent living
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 5, 2017
Good company for people just starting out or looking for something to do in retirement, but raising a family or building a career is tough. Unless you get into management, the average wages are under $13/hr with no guaranteed raises for performance, experience, or even seniority.

The job itself is fun - for Bus Drivers, all driving is on Disney property but there are plenty of different routes to keep it interesting. Most guests are great to deal with, though you will always have those few who are tired and cranky and get rude.

Hours vary with the tourist season (and how many drivers quit - turnover is common). Late January, for example, everyone could be struggling to get hours. Mid summer, everyone could be on mandatory 6 and 7 day weeks. Unless you have been there 15+ years, you will definitely work holidays.
Pros
Fun environment, interacting with lots of people, good routes, home every night, good healthcare and benefits
Cons
very low wages, hours can be overwhelming or not enough
Relaxed and Chill while your on vacation
Server (Current Employee) –  Olivia Cafe, Mama Melrose, Be Our GuestNovember 5, 2017
My location currently at Walt Disney World is extremely relaxed. All my co-workers are very sweet and help you if your in need of any assistance. A typical day as a Disney server can be a tad stressful, just because the serving standards are held to a higher standard. But, I love talking and making the guest happy and creating those magical moments for their vacation. So, to me the good out weighs the bad.
Experience
Puppeteer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 5, 2017
The company as a whole is a great place to work. However the front lines feels stepped on or forgotten on a regular basis. Depending on your work ethic and goals this could be a wonderful place for you to work.
Fun Place to Work
Attractions Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 5, 2017
I, for the most part, worked night shifts for 8 hours on average. It would be a great time when my fellow College Program co-workers were around me. We would feed off of each others' positive energy. This was not the case however with the full timers. They never really respected us or tried to interact with us. Also, i wish that the pay was increased.
Pros
Free Park admission and company housing
Cons
Low Pay, Lack of hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3