Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,774 reviews matching the search
Fun Place
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 12, 2016
Great Place to work at. Great Managers in resort locations. I love the benefits that Disney provide, and also the access to visit the theme parks were amazing.
Good for Student or Retirement Folks
Lead and Trainer (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 3, 2016
Good place to work as a student or retirement elder. Pay is not good, but the benefits of a full time employee are good. However the pay sucks!
Best Place to Work
Quick Service Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 28, 2015
Working for Disney World was a life changing experience. The days were busy and the hours less than desirable, but I really became a part of a family. Plus, in Disney World, you work hard, but you get to play hard too. Free access to the park is the biggest bonus one could ask for.
Pros
Supportive atmosphere, fun, clean, structured
Cons
Short breaks, few benefits, not-so-good hours
Exciting and fun. There is always something new and unique to do.
Recording Engineer/Audio&Video Editor/Photographer (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 4, 2015
Great workplace. Everyone onboard is friendly and makes you feel like part of a big family. Great compensation in comparison to the effort done at task. A very supportive management. Sometimes we spend too much time out in the sun, but this is expected from working in a theme park. The best part of my job is that it is directly related with music and I get an opportunity to be part of something I truly love.
fun workplace
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 6, 2015
Working for Walt Disney World as a Photographer was very fun. I had good quality product photos so I was praised by management and placed in both of the water parks as well as at Downtown Disney and took photos of guests with Santa and Goofy. Some of the pro's were that we used great top of the line equipment but a con would be it needed updates, so the wifi would be slow or the PDA would freeze. We had great perks if we were cast there including unlimited access for you and 3 guests to parks, 40 a night Disney Cruises,50% discount to Company D ( a Disney surplus store), along with others. It was a fantastic company to work for. Orlando, Florida got old and had to move.
Pros
good equipment
Cons
price
Disney College Program
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 23, 2015
I interned for Disney and loved it. They provided housing, benefits, transportation, and truly cared about their employees
Pros
Nearly everything
Cons
Pay could be better
Lovely Experience
Massage Therapist - Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLNovember 17, 2015
I loved working here. It was tranquil, peaceful, accepting, and the spa space was large, which is great. It was in a cabana-like building next to the pool and fountain. : )
Pros
Atmosphere, Co-workers, Compensation, Ease, Space
Cons
Would have liked more hours
Exciting people at an exciting workplace
Area-Mechanic Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 28, 2015
Many wonderful adventurous people to work with while doing adventurous workorders. Place to work for all ages. Anyone can be a cast member if they want.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Seniority scheme
Challenging and productive work place
Cocktail Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 25, 2015
An encouraging work place that challenged your guest interaction and performance while maintaining the principles of pure hospitality. Quality was always key, despite the managerial politics that ensued, but with any large cooperation it is a common issue. Management always encouraged growth in every position and offered opportunity for advancement. The most enjoyable part of the job was making guest connections and improving the experiences of the guest and fellow employees.
Pros
Intense guest interaction, challenging knowledge and tasks, growth, efficient teamwork.
Cons
Management was not always consistent
excited and amxious to go to work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 10, 2015
I was always at work earlier then my time because its Disney world very fun place for me I didn't visit as much when I was a kid so working there really brought the kid out of me. I loved going to work I was there on my days off sometimes.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
cleaning up blood

Want to know more about Walt Disney Parks and Resorts?

Ask a question
Working with the animals is great.
Animal Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL.June 24, 2015
I was always on the go to walk dogs but never challenged enough to do anything else. I had worked in the animal care industry for several years prior but was not given the opportunity to do anything I had done before. Some of my co-workers were friendly and helpful while others were not. There wasn't anything difficult about the job but I was only able to do one thing. The most enjoyable part of my job was taking care of the animals and making 4 legged furry friends.
Pros
401K, good wages, benefits, lunches longer than 30 minutes if you choose.
Cons
Unprofessional management, not challenging enough, no opportunity for advancement.
Great Ex[erience
Senior Manager, Initiatives and Area Planning (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 13, 2015
Good company, benefits, and culture. It wouldn't accept a 3 star for work life balance. High demand job with 60 - 70 hour work weeks. Worked with some very talented people!
Pros
Silver Pass
Cons
Layoffs
Rewarding and a Great Feeling of Importance
Travel & Concierge Clerk (Former Employee) –  1950 W. Magnolia Palm Dr.,Orlando, FL 32830July 22, 2015
It is quite rewarding taking care of and looking after our Military. Shades of Green stays 80-100% occupancy year around.
You must stay on top of all the attractions, Disney news and the latest new applications. It can be very stressful making sure all things go without a hitch. I did love taking care of our military clients but the stress was off the charts.
Pros
The wonderful responsibility of taking care of our Military guests, at such a beautiful resort. Great insurance and 401K
Cons
Poor management, poor decisions and low pay. They expect perfection at $9.00 per hour!
A fun place to work, if you avoid the politics
Busser Lead / Support Lead (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 7, 2016
What can I say, working for Disneyland was the time of my life. Making magic every day for thousands of guests is truly wonderful. However the culture is very cliquey, and you can quickly find yourself alienated among your coworkers if you anger the wrong person. This unfortunately extends to management, as many of the location managers are friends with people in certain cliques, and if you're a lead like I was, you're gonna have a bad time.

Advancement is amazing, and really depends on your department. I was in foods, and foods has high turnover (because it's not exactly easy) so I became a lead in only 5 months. A good work ethic, positive attitude, and a drive to succeed will take you far in a company that needs all the good leaders it can get. If you don't want to advance but don't like your particular job, you can transfer to almost any other department in the Resort, provided there's an opening and no pre-requisite. Opportunity is everywhere at Disneyland.

Special cast member events, contests, opportunities and discounts are frequent and everywhere. Once every couple of months the company gives our free ice cream or hot dogs or candy or something else. In-n-Out trucks frequently visit the resort to give cast members free hamburgers. Cast members can sign up for free screenings of Disney at the Disney-owned AMC Theater in Downtown Disney. As of writing this, the company is offering limosine rides from Cast Parking to the Resort for cast members at random, in lieu of the usual Cast Shuttle. Your Disney ID will get you discounts on almost everything from movie tickets
  more... to groceries, Vegas hotels and travel expenses to new cars and apartments, as well as entry into Disneyland and every Disney park in the world for free (except Tokyo Disney)

The benefits of a Disney job are great. The pay isn't amazing for regular parkside cast members, but it's not awful. It's an awesome place to work, but don't get caught up in the politics.
Pros
Free entry to Disneyland, discounts all over the city, exclusive cast events, tons of room for advancement, fun work environment
Cons
department cliques, shift schedules are erratic, seniority can kill your paycheck/stunt advancement.
great place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 12, 2015
I very much so enjoyed working at the Walt Disney World resorts. The benefits were amazing, management was helpful and encouraging and co workers sought perfection and a positive attitude in all endeavors.

I only left the company because I was relocating to North Carolina
Pros
benefits, positive work environment, great bosses, advancement oppurtunities
Cons
location in Orlando, long commute, poor fitting uniforms
Great People with an relentless desire to please our guest
Engineering Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJune 17, 2015
A typical day at work is that of a fire fighter. We are constantly looking for ways to surprise and delight our guest and clients. Doing so with limited resources and a less inspiring work force is challenging at best and the personal rewards are few. Our management team appears to be run down from an extended stint in the industry down turn mode. We appear to be preparing for a downturn while recording record profits. My co-workers are performing at a high level in spite of the tough demands placed upon them daily. The hardest part of my job is functioning at a high level with no sign of process improvement. The most enjoyable part of my job is celebrating achievements and team building.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Level of benefits have been reduced
WDW Driver
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLNovember 23, 2015
WDW offers great benefits, but the hours are difficult. It takes a long time to move up the seniority list. You have to work weekends and holidays.
Benefits
Cons
Work weekends and Holidays
Great culture and environment to work with!
Attraction Hostess (Former Employee) –  Orlando,FLSeptember 28, 2015
Co workers are great, the experience is very unique and you definitely will enjoy making guests happy(both adults and children). If you're looking for great pay, this isn't it for you. Hours are crazy as well and you must be on your feet the majority of the time.
Pros
benefits, park tickets, diversity, can be fun!
Cons
short breaks, crazy hours, horrible pay, can be stressful
Disney
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 3, 2015
Was a good job, good benefits, good coworkers. Some decent sous chefs, some not so good.

Not a lot of advancement, unless you are hired as a manager.
Pros
Disney
Cons
lack of advancement
Being a Cast Member at the Disneyland Resort
Guest Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 13, 2015
I am a working lead at the Disneyland Resort, I am 26 years old and have almost been with the company for five years, within those five years I have developed and grown into such a wonderful employee. I have a chance to work with multiple lines of business and help motivate my wonderful and amazing crew that I oversee on a daily basis. As leads we get to help resolve issues and provide a little magic to all who come to join us. Supervisors are also in charge of making sure our Cast members are Disney look, providing the best Guest experience and monitoring all breaks and lunches.
Pros
We get our family in for free, get free gifts and wonderful benefits
Cons
They ask a lot of you for very little pay, you give up holidays and weekends

4.3