Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Employee Reviews

Found 3,621 reviews matching the search
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 14, 2017
Fun place to work if you don't mind long hours on your feet and working until the wee hours of the morning. The company does have it's perks, free admission and such.
Disney is a quick paced company to work for
Server (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 14, 2017
Very quick paced company with good perk for it's employees. Great insurance. Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the smiles on the childrens faces
Very fast paced
Culinary Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 13, 2017
Working at Disney Parks and resorts is an interesting and memorable experience. Because it is so big, everyone's experience is completely different. The working culture is different at each location because everywhere has a different theme, some places may be more upscale than others, and have many people from vastly different cultures. There are a lot of fun things to do at Disney because cast members get discounts and have free park access. Make the most of your Disney experience, keep an open mind, and participate in as many activities as you can.
Pros
Free park access, cast member discounts, interns have housing, food.
Cons
Always busy and extremely fast paced. Very strict rules.
Temporary position
Prep cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 13, 2017
I worked within a restaurant but I did not have to interact with the guests. Its very fast paced and you leave when you've finished your work for the day.
Always a great place to work as your first job
CASHIER/ FOOD PREP/ ORDER COOK/ TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 13, 2017
I was able to advance quickly and learn many new positions in the food and beverage industry at Disneyland. They gave me a great foundation of skills to utilize for the rest of my life.
Pros
Get in to disneyland for free
Fast paced environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Magic KingdomMay 13, 2017
My experience as a Culinary Intern line cook at Disney was a real world view of a fast paced restaurant environment. Hard work and knowledge of food reinforced my passion for this industry. It was an experience I will always take with me.
Pros
Insight into the fast paced world of Culinary Arts
Cons
Internship not long enough
Exciting
Food & Beverage Service Host (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 13, 2017
Greet guests and patrons, offer appropriate seating arrangements, present menus and take orders, relay orders to the kitchen and ensure all orders are filled in a timely and accurate fashion, set up dining rooms and make reservation arrangements, maintain clean and organized tables and work area, manage event related work including setting up tables and maintaining both exterior and interior of the restaurant. The job was very efficient. The most enjoyable part was being a expeditor and sending orders to their tables.
Pros
Free entrance to the parks and discounts
Cons
Short breaks.
Great work ethics.
Vacation Planner (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 12, 2017
Assisting guest in planning there Disney experience.
Great diversity of people and their needs.
Interesting
Diversified
Grad Nights
The guest & fellow cast members
Great place to work, lots of learning opportunities.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 12, 2017
Excellent working environment Fun to work with lots of technicians with different trade knowledge. I enhanced my organization skills while stoking fresh merchandise trough the spare parts warehouse. I managed a Company American Express Card account used to purchase diverse types of spare parts and accessories used at the Polynesian Resort. Working with professional technician in diverse fields was very rewarding and a great learning experience. The hardest part of the job was, in some cases the waiting time for spare parts to arrive at the warehouse. The rewarding and enjoyable part was to help the technicians in completing their jobs upon arrival of ordered spare parts.
Pros
Very relaxing atmosphere
Cons
Extremely amount of dust on the working environment
Efficient and over all good place to work
Food industry server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 12, 2017
8-10 hour shifts. Learned great team working skills and communication skills. Worked with people of all ethnicities and races. The hardest part of my job was the language barrier between the guest and myself, so I worked hard to learn the languages.
productive and fun work place
vacation planner (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 12, 2017
very busy in the mornings relaxed in afternoon and moderate in evenings, selling tickets and helping our guests plan their day at our resort, management was responsible and a great manager, enjoyable part of the day was to help my guests with any questions they had
Pros
fun while working with our guests
great place to be a kid
Food and Beverage FOH Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMay 12, 2017
Typical job with typical guest and management. You get to create a magical atmosphere for guest and cast alike and you can always help turn a vacation around.
Fun place to work
Merchandise Hostess (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 11, 2017
FUN AND EXCITING PLACE TO BE! I enjoyed every minute working there! Never a dull moment! You will not regret the experience you will gain from this company!
Pros
GREAT Cultured work place!
Cons
Short breaks, little pay increases!!!
Overall fair place to work
Slide Operator, Safety, Parade Operations Tech (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 11, 2017
Park benefits are a plus, and pay is fair. I would recommend to a friend especially if they want to be able to make advancement in a company. Many opportunities for that at Disney
Best job ever - for a college student
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique hostess (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 11, 2017
I did the Disney College Program and worked at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. It was an amazing experience. I made so many good friends, and developed excellent skills with customer service. One thing I didn't love is that my job was the highest paid with the college program. I know Disney World is a magical place, but they can definitely afford to pay their employees better. I also didn't love that the tips were divided evenly among everyone, based on hours. I saw the tips that were intended for me each week, and when I was paid tips at the end of the week, it was never more than half of what I personally had earned. That was a little frustrating. All together, though, I can't complain. It was so much fun and I sometimes feel like I dreamed that part of my life!
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Not great pay
Hard to move up
Food & Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMay 11, 2017
I have been employed for nearly 20 years. It is extremely hard to move up in this company. Benefits are good but hourly wage is extremely low, a common thing in this area.
Productive, Great Culture, Best Benifits paid weekly
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 11, 2017
Getting to help guest with their dream vacation coming to the most magical place on earth.
Able to share my experience for guest all over the world including Disneyland Paris.
Cast members are family. Leadership is an extension of the family. Providing the best benefits and health care package. During the most busy season over time is required and may challenge your family work balance.
But your in control of your income and can pick up extra hours when need.
Always speaking to a happy guest.
Pros
Pay, rewards, benifits, expeience to enjoy the hotels, parks and dining
Cons
busy season and long hours
its ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 11, 2017
Disney is fun if you love Disney but be prepared to work crazy hour shifts work all holidays and weekends and never have a set schedule and deal with a lot of customers who can be really rude
Happiest place on earth
Host (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMay 11, 2017
There are lots of people so it is always busy but it helps the time fly. There are lots of great people who work there and it is a wonderful environment.
Happiest place on earth
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  AmericaMay 10, 2017
It was a pleasure to work for the mouse. I enjoyed everyday with a variety of jobs to do all the time. I loved making new friends and laughing with them everyday. I learned a lot about table service restaurants. Management was awesome and understanding. The hardest part was trying to find more hours because I was always lusting after more work!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3