Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Employee Reviews

Found 3,190 reviews matching the search
Disney College Internship
Quick food service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 27, 2017
While working at Disney the only benefits really received were park entranced passes. The pay was minimal, and you waive certain rights I feel. The management and people that surround you make it all worth it though. I had lot's of fun.
Fun, but strict work environment
Customer service/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 26, 2017
I come into the employees room at 7:00am for employees with the same positions, we look at the job placement for that day, and pick up our tools and head out. They give you a map of the park and you will have to find that location by yourself. Once you have gotten to your designated area you wil have to keep that 5 mile radius clean and answer customers questiuons every 5 minutes. The atmosphere is awesome, but you have to stay on top of your duties because at any moment anything could go wrong and you will be written up if you do not clean up the area with in a certain time. Overall this establishment was awesome due to how many different people you will meet just by getting employed(it;'s so diverse).
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
On hot days you feel like your going to die
Great Company and have a great team to work
Bellman (Current Employee) –  Animal kingdom resort Jambo HouseJanuary 26, 2017
I'm being working with Company for more than 23 years and got good experience and learn a lot doing customers services and have the to work at 4 different hotels and hade the opportunity to be part of opening team to open a new hotel
Pros
Good healthcare and benefits to entrance to the parks
Great place to work.
Cook 2 (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 25, 2017
Even though the job was a short term fob, I really enjoyed working here. I would come back to work here anytime. All my co-workers were great t work with. Management was knowledgeable and willing to work with you if there problems.
It was fun but the guests were alot.
attractions attendent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 25, 2017
The area I worked in was awful when it came to guest altercations. I left working crying some days. The people I worked with were some of the nicest.
Pros
free tickets
Cons
GUESTS.
Need to have a flexibility with schedule,and strong customer service skills
Stores Complex Manager (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 25, 2017
Best part of this job is that you meet a wide range of people,and you get to be apart of the guest experience. The schedule can be difficult and inconsistent. Good Benefits, including park perks and 401K. The job requires that they will be on there feet, with some bending and lifting. Working at the park requires a high level of customer service and a positive attitude. Each day can be different, so flexibility is a must. Cast members in the park are union, except for management and support. Advancement is limited. Overall it is a pleasant place to work. Management can be supportive, yearly reviews and many tools to help CM be successful.
Pros
Disney park sign-ins for family, merchandise discounts, cast member only events
Cons
Schedules are assigned by seniority, during peak times it can be hard to get time off.
Not the most magical place to work
Attractions Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 24, 2017
If you are ok with a hierarchy setup where you feel like yet another number this is for you.

If you like to be treated as an adult, get paid at least enough to survive when you put in 40+ hours per week, this is definitely not for you.
Pros
Safe if you play by the rules
Cons
Hierachy setup, wages, organized chaos
fun place to work
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJanuary 24, 2017
Great team, that is dedicated to their work.

No day was typical, so you had to be adaptable to change and different challenges

To be flexible to meet the needs of the area, coaching a diverse cast

Leaders were very supportive and always their to assist when needed.

Ensuring Operating objectives were met
Fun
Food and beverage (Former Employee) –  Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World, FLMagic kingdomJanuary 24, 2017
When I was working for Walt Disney World I had the time of my life great managers great coworkers and a great company but I had to leave due to an injury caused by accident
Pros
Got to go to Disney whenever I felt like it
Cons
Short breaks
could be bettet
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 23, 2017
It's an okay company to work for I feel that they don't care about there employee the way they say they do not very workable with you when it come to scheduling at all
Pros
benfits
Cons
not workable with empolyee
So much fun!
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 23, 2017
I loved working for Disney. I was a lifeguard at Blizzard beach. I made so many friends all over the world. They taught me how to work crazy long hours and how to work over holidays. I learned how to treat guest that are from all over the world.
Pros
Outside all day
Cons
far from home
Highly Questionable
Busser/Server (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 23, 2017
Managers are very inconsistent. Hours if not able to be full time are 1 day every other week which NO ONE can live off of. Although it has its perks, from what you learn in training is entirely different when you get to your location. It's a huge gamble on who you work with.
Nobody enjoyed there job
Server and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 23, 2017
Unhealthy workplace. The food is painful and the managers don't care about your safety. The pay and is not a livable wage in the State of Florida. Least magical place on earth.
fun and magical experience
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  cosmic rays magic kingdom and epcotJanuary 23, 2017
whether its food service or attractions, Disney makes sure all cast members enjoy their work. cast members are given great training and even upon proving yourself can be able to transition easily into a management role.
Pros
unlimited access to parks
Cons
its busy
fun place
Computer Ride and Show Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 22, 2017
fun place to work,
Good place to work.
Liked working there
Enjoyed going to work there
Typical day was I worked hard
Worked hard and enjoyed it
Enjoyed it.
Pros
good food
Cons
good breaks
Disney College Program
Bell Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJanuary 22, 2017
Great experience working for this company. I was a lifeguard for about 8 months then I worked in bell services for around 4 months. Great benefits for the job the pay isn't great but it is an internship
Productive and fun workplace
Trainer, Disney Store Operations (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 21, 2017
Working at the Disneyland Resort is a fun experience. The management team makes a big difference in your role. It used to be a positive environment but has changed to a more negative environment due to new managers.
Pros
Medical Benefits, Free Admission to Disney Parks
fun
Multi -unit Food Service Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 21, 2017
extremely busy
fun meeting new people every day
Disney perks are a plus for employees with families

parking for staff is few and far between
must arrive to work and hour early
Great benefits and fun atmosfere
Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 21, 2017
Meet people around the world. Workplace is awesome everybody work together. The most enjoyable is the time when you see the happy face in children.
Pros
A lot of overtime avalible
Cons
Pay to low
Making Magic
Special Events Manager/Guest Relations Hostess (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 21, 2017
My favourite part of this job was having the ability to make people happy. As a guest relations hostess, I had the power to change people's days and their vacations. I loved helping families make memories.
Pros
Fun, lots of variety in job description
Cons
inflexible scheduling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3