Reports to: CEO / President
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for all facets and performance of the project
management and pre-construction teams.
Specific responsibilities include planning, scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting,
status, and control, while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality
standards in all projects. Duties and roles of a project manager are contained in the position as
well as supervisory duties and responsibilities.
- Charting out the project objectives and plans, setting performance requirements,
milestones, and selecting project manager.
- Work with Pre-Construction to provide seamless transition to the project manager and
insure proper information is conveyed to PM.
- Bringing about optimum utilization of resources- labor, materials and equipment, and
ensuring their procurement at most cost-effective terms.
- Development of effective communications, coordination, and mechanisms for resolving
conflicts among the various participants.
- The SPM will also manage projects directly if needed.
- The SPM responsibilities span a broad spectrum. This spectrum includes selecting and
guiding the project management staff as well as some direct project management. Other:
Project Planning, Cost Management, Time Management, Pre-Construction, Scheduling,
Quality Management, Contract Administration, software usage, and Safety Management.
- Perform a key role, in project planning, budgeting, scheduling and identification of resources
needed with or in addition to the PM.
- Develop the objectives/goals and margin target for the project.
- Managing the PM team, the budget and tracking team progress daily.
- Minimize expenses/exposure and risk in projects.
- Work with vendors to secure best product, pricing and delivery.
- Ensure that activities move according to a predetermined schedule.
- Devise the project work plans and make revisions as and when need arises.
- Communicate effectively with the contractors responsible for completing phases of the
project that is needed for our work to be completed. May include the architects, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors and laborers.
- Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, labor management, union
compliance, quality, and safety standards
- Hold regular status meetings with parties involved to insure objectives are met. Share same
with shareholders in weekly summary.
- Periodic inspection of construction sites.
- Ensure project documents are complete and provided in a timely manner to the appropriate
- Manage change order process and insure proper procedure for same.
- Identify the elements of project likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
- Serve as a key link with the clients and review the deliverables prepared by the team before
passing onto client.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- A four-year Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, construction management or civil
- Minimum 5 years of experience in construction projects. Electrical experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good understanding of electrical systems systems.
- Thorough knowledge of legal issues and safety standards is essential.
Qualitative and Other Attributes Required:
- Ability to plan and organize a team effort.
- Good client management and goodwill building ability.
- Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of the teams.
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
- Capacity to handle pressure.
- Willingness to travel to construction sites.
- Physical and mental fitness to meet needs of a construction environment.
- Strong focus on quality.