Walter Reed Army Medical Center

Walter Reed Army Medical Center Employer Reviews

Lot of fun things to do
Assistant Inspector General (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: na
This job was great had the opportunity to meet a lot of people great. Loved meeting people. It was the best place to work. the staff was outstanding . I really miss that place.
productive and advancing
Houseman (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: free lunch, bonus and promotions
This was a positive and advancing opportunity for me. I maintain three hotels for wounded soldiers. I also did maintenance and iTT work for the hotels as well. I enjoy helping the soldiers so we had to project good customer service for the soldiers consistently.
Most rewarding place I've ever worked at.
Health & Safety Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 18, 2015
A typical day is arriving on base and saluting the flag of the United States Of America.

Learning was a day by day event as the mission changed from time to time depending on our visitors.

Brass Management gave directives and my team acted upon those fervently without haste.

The hardest part of the job was going home everyday, and when we had BRAC.
Secretary (Office Automation) (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: supportive leadership
Cons: difficult commute, difficult parking
Walter reed was located off Georgia Avenue at the time and has since relocated to Bethesda. The base was small and parking was difficult.
Too many years ago to write effective review
Certified Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 21, 2014
Worked there almost 40 years ago, any review at this time would not be representative of current working environment. However, I did learn a lot and enjoyed my time working in a military hospital.
it had an free use of weight room gym, and also basketball court
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), washington dcDecember 21, 2014
Pros: every other weekends off, and my work schedule.
Cons: no cons
A typical day at work was serving others, and lots of cooking, and cleaning. I learned about proper food procedures. Management was descent. I had had 3 managers. I got along with all but one. I cannot really think of any hard part of any job. The most enjoyable part was the friendships i made while there.
Loved the atmosphere
Sales Representative/Cashier (Former Employee), Washington DCDecember 4, 2014
Responsible for securing daily purchase and payment receipts and company funds.
Marketed and sold company products and services face to face.
Processed purchases
Secured the store at the close of the business day.
Will do it again in a heart beat. I loved working here and gaining knowledge to further my career in a place where i can grow.
Real life exeprience
Administrative Assistance (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 25, 2014
I enjoyed working at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington DC. A typical day at Walter Reed for me, would be enter acting with the soldiers coming back from Iraq. Just communicating with them made there day, there long life experience and stories made you feel like you was on the journey with them. I support my
troops, and I'm thankful for the support they give us by fighting for there countries.
Best job I ever had
Medical Supply Technician (Former Employee), Fort Benning GANovember 19, 2014
Pros: long lunch hour
Cons: deployments
It was always something to do in the best military in the nation.

Management was the best

Too many to think of the right words to describe them, they were all awesome!!
Great Team work
Audiology Research Associate Investigator (Tech) (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: department chief's letting us know "job well done"
A typical day at work has been challenging as well as a fun loving team work adventure. The research team has taught me a lot about data acquisition, and data analysis, brainstorming and over all team work. The co-workers keep me interactive as we exchange idea's.
The hardest part of the job was getting it established, once all the formalities were in order, everything went smooth. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fellowship of the team members.
Lifelong relationship
Military Family Move (Former Employee), Augusta, GAAugust 3, 2014
Learned from the best. Organized problem solving skills. Room to grow. Easy flow between military and civilian life.
Wonderful Experience
Project Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 4, 2014
Pros: supporting our military
Cons: closing it down
Supportive managers, and great learning environment. Lots of history and team environment.
My greatest nursing experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 28, 2014
Pros: awesome care. the best in the world
Cons: not everyone survived but we did our absolute best and our all
12+ hours of rotating shifts, approximately 96-104 hrs every 2 wks. I learned a myriad of skills. If it was to happen it happened at Walter Reed from bedside cardiac massage to extensive wound care for amputees, SICU, MICU, PCU, education on the fly. It was absolutely amazing. Hardest part was the stress of seeing so much Trauma. Unimaginable injuries and extensive and highly intensive care. Families of injured soldiers need care as well. Most enjoyable part is seeing soldiers survive because of what I did. Very gratifying and rewarding. Charge nurse of civilian and military with a full assignment as well.
It was a family type atomsphere,i love working there every day.
Medical Waste Handler (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 19, 2014
Pros: meeting all kinds of people
Cons: there were a few areas the military personnel were difficult to me.
My day started at 7:00am,met with suprvisors on whatever information and orders for the day,also the hot areas in the hospital to give special attention to. I already had experience in working with the military because i myself was in United States Marine Corps. Maangement was easy to get along with, i had my differences at times, but overall i just did my job to the best of my ability,my co-workers were easy to get along with, yes, we had our issues,yet we maintain our morale it was very high. My greatest challenge was the dealing with all the different people at the hospital every, it was hard at first but i approach it head on and remain very positive, i love working at Walter Reed Medical Center
I loved being a part of the WRAMC team
Medical Supply Technician, Lead (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: the pay was great
Cons: the drive to and from washington, dc
Learning Medical Logistics was interesting and working at this hospital was an unforgettable part of my life as well as rewarding. Working with the different Army Bases across the world during the close down of this hospital was exciting. I will miss the work the staff and the wonderful friends I made.
Productive Workplace
Supply Technician (Former Employee), Washington, D.C.November 7, 2013
I overall enjoyed my job and the individuals I worked with. There was no other place that I would rather be other than working there. My supervisor was awesome and great person to work along side.
the best job i ever had
Platoon Sergeant (Former Employee), Washington, DC, District of ColumbiaNovember 3, 2013
Pros: meet some best military member in my career
Cons: always something exciting happening
Working at walter reed medical center was an honor.
Walter Reed had so much military history just right out side my work window
workwas fun good people !
Grill Cook (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 24, 2013
Pros: had everthing we needed to make the operation run smooth as slick
Cons: new management did not care about employees
now in the beginning I love to come to work the job was great! then changes started to change new employees with attitued. management worked with emplyees it was like one big happy family then the change came and it became a nightmare! Hated to come to work but when we had to close the hospital down I was truly upset
it was a good place to work
Medical Supply Technician (Former Employee), washington d.c. 20307October 11, 2013
the old walter reed was a good place to work,always learning new instruments
Great times
Operating Room Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 10, 2013
An amazing learning facility with great staff. I miss Walter Reed!

About Walter Reed Army Medical Center

The Walter Reed Health Care System provides comprehensive health care for more than 150,000 soldiers, other service members, family – Read more