Walter Reed Army Medical Center

Walter Reed Army Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

it was a good place to work
Medical Supply Technician (Former Employee), washington d.c. 20307October 11, 2013
the old walter reed was a good place to work,always learning new instruments
Great times
Operating Room Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 10, 2013
An amazing learning facility with great staff. I miss Walter Reed!
highly skilfull
Database Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 29, 2013
focus on new technology , go forward , give priority for your job, concerning on client satisfaction .
productive and busy medical records office
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 28, 2013
Pros: working in my desired field
Cons: n/a
A typical day would involve me handling all clerical duties asked of me.
I learned how to be a professional administrative assistant
The most enjoyable part was handling the responsibilities of the office
Loved working with Soldiers
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 5, 2013
This was my first hospital to work at. I started in the Coronary Care Unit where we admitted patients suffering from a current MI. I then moved to the Trauma ICU where most of our patients were military personel flown back in critical condition from Iraq or Afghanistan. This was the greatest honor I was given as a nurse. A chance to save the lives of those were fighting for our freedom.
Excellent term work, and discipline
Nurse Cardiac Telemetry (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 27, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: no parking
A 12 hours work day with the best co-workers ever. Good excellent discipline with excellent part care. Management communicates with staff daily to up date them of the expectations of the day. The hardest part of the job is looking for parking. the enjoyable part of the job is working with military people who are very discipline and cooperative.
Excellent place to learn
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 10, 2013
Pros: knowledgable people, most advanced equipment
Cons: very little employee parking
This was by far the most enjoyable place to work. Being military, its like i have two jobs. The soldier aspect and the job aspect. The Walter Reed personel, both military and civilian made this a great work enviroment.
Helping ennvironment
Project Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 2, 2013
Pros: able to offer assistance to veterans and their families
Cons: cultivating the employees to military culture
Managed greeters and concierge to ensure the operation was up to par. Managed weekly reports to show productivity. Managed front desk operations through out the day.
High visibility and fast paced.
Clinical Nurse YH2 (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 20, 2013
A typical day at work included providing the soldiers and their families with access to receive their required medical, psychological and education needs assistance. I reviewed their electronic medical records in order to make the decisions for access to care for travel in and out of the country, as well as providing the medical and surgical ICD codes. My co-workers and I worked diligently as a team to provide excellent service to our soldiers and their families. I was also responsible for the oversight of the 10 other medical facilities in the northern region. Our management team was excellent with providing support and assistance.
Walter Reed is a fun and learning place and you meet all kind of people.
food service worker (Current Employee), Bethesda, MarylandOctober 27, 2012
Pros: serving the patients and meeting there family.
Cons: i am trying to get out of the scullery
I have work in all sections of the hospital, such as in room service, on the grill, on the steam table serving the customers,on the Fit&GO line,in the scullery doing pots&pans, cleaning tables, and filling napkins and replacing salt and pepper shakers.
Productive Environment
Secretary - GS (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: meeting different people from different cultures
Cons: no advancement
As a Secretary for the Department of Surgery at Walter Reed Army Medical Center, I was credited for assisting in the planning of daily appointment scheduling of appointments, coordinating numerous research protocols data for research studies. Preparing travel orders, mananging all incoming mail for the Dept. of Surgey staff physicians and Surgical Staff Residents. The most enjoyable part of the job was intractions with the service members either by phone or via -phone making appointments asisting them.
Productive and contructive workplace
MLT Student (Former Employee), WASHINGTON, D.C.September 6, 2012
Pros: constant assistant with everyone in the facility
Every section is constantly filled with help.
There was a great refresher of MLT and other knowledge daily.
Management was very understanding and flexible and family oriented.
Co-workers were as friendly and comfortable as family.
The hardest part of the job was having to leave.
The most enjoyable part was the social patients.
A Learning Experience
SharePoint Admin (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 22, 2012
Pros: on post gym
Cons: rigid time schedule
Working at Walter Reed as an HR Professional and a SharePoint Administrator I was exposed to very diverse situations and people. As with any work environment, the level of stress associated with the work correlates with the type of relationship that exist between co-workers and supervisors. I made some lifelong friends and gained knowledge and expertise both personally and professionally that will help me succeed at any new position. For this I am grateful.
Walter Reed Army Medical Center
Air vac Technician (Current Employee), Ft Belvior VAAugust 21, 2012
Pros: teamwork and enviroment
Cons: no advancement and job security
My position at my current job is ok.But right now there is no job security and advancement for myself.The team I work with are good as a team.I have learned about the DoD systems.My management is good to work for.My hardest part of my position seeing military personel injuried.I enjoy my schedule and teamwork that we have.
A pleasure to serve our militant personal
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 6, 2012
Assist the pharmacist in receiving prescriptions, collecting patient information, and entering prescriptions into the computer; prepare prescriptions; out-patient pharmacy call enter, pharmacy refill line, call center
Learn while your are working.
Clinical Nurse, Intensive OB (Former Employee), Washington, D.C.June 19, 2012
Pros: a lot of continue education, inservices.
A typical day at work begins of the care of at least two patients. As an intensive care unit we receive patients from all world with different condition, either fetal condition or mother conditions. Able to interpretate fetal monitor and evaluate variations, mother monitor. Work with a lot of emotions, hard emotions. give emotional and spiritual support. I have learned a lot because Walter Reed is a teaching hospital, work with students, interns, residents, learn while their learn. Excellent management , people on call in case of need. An excellent co-workers, compromise, responsible, as a soldier with figth for life, and on call 24 hours a day. We get along so well. The hardest part of the job, emotions, waiting for a sick baby, and try do the best, for mom, baby and family, Goal, healthy mom, healthy baby and healthy family, and no matter the circunstances try hard for life. The hardest part when the baby die, or mom die. The most enjoyable part of the job, the learn, the satisfaction of doing the best for the benefit of patient and go home with the satisfaction that you did the job that you have to do. Thanks God.
Wonderful
Research Assistant-Contractor (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 19, 2012
Pros: flexible manager
Cons: the closed the building
Working at Walter Reed Army Medical Center was a very humbling experience. Working with injured soldiers and hearting all their stories was very rewarding and heart felt.
great place to work
Corpsman (Former Employee), Washington DCFebruary 15, 2012
great place to work for experience, learning opportunities.
NICE PLACE TO WORK
SURGICAL TECH (Former Employee), WASHINGTON DCJanuary 16, 2012
Pros: had all the lastest equipment
Cons: breaks were short military very strict
WALTER REED WAS A WONDERFUL PLACE TO WORK. IT WAS THE PLACE TO BE WENT IN THE MILITARY. THE SURGEON WERE GREAT.IT WAS A VERY PRODUCTVE PLACE TO WORK

About Walter Reed Army Medical Center

The Walter Reed Health Care System provides comprehensive health care for more than 150,000 soldiers, other service members, family – Read more

Walter Reed Army Medical Center Salaries