Walter Reed Army Medical Center Employee Reviews

Best job I ever had
Medical Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning GANovember 19, 2014
It was always something to do in the best military in the nation.

Management was the best

Too many to think of the right words to describe them, they were all awesome!!
Pros
long lunch hour
Cons
deployments
Great Team work
Audiology Research Associate Investigator (Tech) (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDSeptember 25, 2014
A typical day at work has been challenging as well as a fun loving team work adventure. The research team has taught me a lot about data acquisition, and data analysis, brainstorming and over all team work. The co-workers keep me interactive as we exchange idea's.
The hardest part of the job was getting it established, once all the formalities were in order, everything went smooth. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fellowship of the team members.
Pros
department chief's letting us know "job well done"
Lifelong relationship
Military Family Move (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 3, 2014
Learned from the best. Organized problem solving skills. Room to grow. Easy flow between military and civilian life.
Wonderful Experience
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 4, 2014
Supportive managers, and great learning environment. Lots of history and team environment.
Pros
supporting our military
Cons
closing it down
My greatest nursing experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 28, 2014
12+ hours of rotating shifts, approximately 96-104 hrs every 2 wks. I learned a myriad of skills. If it was to happen it happened at Walter Reed from bedside cardiac massage to extensive wound care for amputees, SICU, MICU, PCU, education on the fly. It was absolutely amazing. Hardest part was the stress of seeing so much Trauma. Unimaginable injuries and extensive and highly intensive care. Families of injured soldiers need care as well. Most enjoyable part is seeing soldiers survive because of what I did. Very gratifying and rewarding. Charge nurse of civilian and military with a full assignment as well.
Pros
awesome care. the best in the world
Cons
not everyone survived but we did our absolute best and our all
It was a family type atomsphere,i love working there every day.
Medical Waste Handler (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 19, 2014
My day started at 7:00am,met with suprvisors on whatever information and orders for the day,also the hot areas in the hospital to give special attention to. I already had experience in working with the military because i myself was in United States Marine Corps. Maangement was easy to get along with, i had my differences at times, but overall i just did my job to the best of my ability,my co-workers were easy to get along with, yes, we had our issues,yet we maintain our morale it was very high. My greatest challenge was the dealing with all the different people at the hospital every, it was hard at first but i approach it head on and remain very positive, i love working at Walter Reed Medical Center
Pros
meeting all kinds of people
Cons
there were a few areas the military personnel were difficult to me.
Wramc
Medical Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 26, 2014
The workplace atmosphere is a family type of environment. Team Cohesion is high and it flows into the efficiency of the production rate.
I loved being a part of the WRAMC team
Medical Supply Technician, Lead (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 2, 2014
Learning Medical Logistics was interesting and working at this hospital was an unforgettable part of my life as well as rewarding. Working with the different Army Bases across the world during the close down of this hospital was exciting. I will miss the work the staff and the wonderful friends I made.
Pros
the pay was great
Cons
the drive to and from washington, dc
Productive Workplace
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, D.C.November 7, 2013
I overall enjoyed my job and the individuals I worked with. There was no other place that I would rather be other than working there. My supervisor was awesome and great person to work along side.
the best job i ever had
Platoon Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC, District of ColumbiaNovember 3, 2013
Working at walter reed medical center was an honor.
Walter Reed had so much military history just right out side my work window
Pros
meet some best military member in my career
Cons
always something exciting happening
workwas fun good people !
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 24, 2013
now in the beginning I love to come to work the job was great! then changes started to change new employees with attitued. management worked with emplyees it was like one big happy family then the change came and it became a nightmare! Hated to come to work but when we had to close the hospital down I was truly upset
Pros
had everthing we needed to make the operation run smooth as slick
Cons
new management did not care about employees
it was a good place to work
Medical Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  washington d.c. 20307October 11, 2013
the old walter reed was a good place to work,always learning new instruments
Great times
Operating Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 10, 2013
An amazing learning facility with great staff. I miss Walter Reed!
highly skilfull
Database Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 29, 2013
focus on new technology , go forward , give priority for your job, concerning on client satisfaction .
productive and busy medical records office
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 28, 2013
A typical day would involve me handling all clerical duties asked of me.
I learned how to be a professional administrative assistant
The most enjoyable part was handling the responsibilities of the office
Pros
working in my desired field
Cons
n/a
Loved working with Soldiers
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 5, 2013
This was my first hospital to work at. I started in the Coronary Care Unit where we admitted patients suffering from a current MI. I then moved to the Trauma ICU where most of our patients were military personel flown back in critical condition from Iraq or Afghanistan. This was the greatest honor I was given as a nurse. A chance to save the lives of those were fighting for our freedom.
Excellent term work, and discipline
Nurse Cardiac Telemetry (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 27, 2013
A 12 hours work day with the best co-workers ever. Good excellent discipline with excellent part care. Management communicates with staff daily to up date them of the expectations of the day. The hardest part of the job is looking for parking. the enjoyable part of the job is working with military people who are very discipline and cooperative.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
no parking
Excellent place to learn
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 10, 2013
This was by far the most enjoyable place to work. Being military, its like i have two jobs. The soldier aspect and the job aspect. The Walter Reed personel, both military and civilian made this a great work enviroment.
Pros
knowledgable people, most advanced equipment
Cons
very little employee parking
Helping ennvironment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 2, 2013
Managed greeters and concierge to ensure the operation was up to par. Managed weekly reports to show productivity. Managed front desk operations through out the day.
Pros
able to offer assistance to veterans and their families
Cons
cultivating the employees to military culture
High visibility and fast paced.
Clinical Nurse YH2 (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 20, 2013
A typical day at work included providing the soldiers and their families with access to receive their required medical, psychological and education needs assistance. I reviewed their electronic medical records in order to make the decisions for access to care for travel in and out of the country, as well as providing the medical and surgical ICD codes. My co-workers and I worked diligently as a team to provide excellent service to our soldiers and their families. I was also responsible for the oversight of the 10 other medical facilities in the northern region. Our management team was excellent with providing support and assistance.

4.4