Walter Reed National Military Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great experience gained
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 20, 2017
This was a great place to begin my career. I gained a lot of experience dealing with blood bank situations. I was better prepared for future jobs, given the training I had received there.
Nice place to work, nice people
Medical Records Technician (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 20, 2017
WRNMMC is a nice place to work. Environment is nice, co workers for the most part are nice. The job itself is easy once you learn it and then you'll be on your way to do the job to the best of your ability.
its ok
Hospital Corpsman, Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  7 west Inpatient ward and PCS clinicJuly 19, 2017
Very competitive for enlisted military. Advancement is hard because deployments and mobility in the command is difficult. Parking is terrible and sometimes wait times for appointments are and issue.
Wounded Warrior
Infantryman Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 13, 2017
As wounded warrior myself, I remember starting a kayaking for the wounded warrior, to help them to be more active and a great way for stress relieving.
Nutrition care specialist
Nutrition Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 12, 2017
This was the best job of my life I got sick and didn't have enough leave and got fired I was there was something I can do 2 bring it back but I cant I begged I new I wasn't goin find better
Excellent
Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 9, 2017
Working at Bethesda hospital was a amazing experience. Staff and management was a pleasure to work with. There wasn't any hard parts to this job. I enjoyed meeting the new people ther
Helping our Soldiers
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 24, 2017
-A typical day could be very hectic
-No seminars for administraors
-Mangement are less ingaging with suborinates
-Very diverse
- The hardest thing about the job is getting cooroperation
-The most enjoyable thing is meeting new people,
Productive and Constructive Workplace
Shadowed Oncologist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 15, 2017
Followed the oncologist into meetings to see how their check-ups were. Learned ways to keep the patient engaged without using complex medical terms. Sat in on diagnosis meetings to find what the best option for the patient was.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
nurse
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 12, 2017
This has been my favorite job ,throughout my career. This job provided the opportunity to work along side active duty military medical staff. The was much opportunity for professional growth, and research participation. I gained knowledge of HIV staging and coordination of HIV patients care. there is opportunity to participate on an interdisplinary team. The opportunity to cross train in other specialty areas was available. A nurse could pursue any career path ,she desired. The administrative staff consisted mostly of Colonels and Lieutenant Colonels. Sergeants managed the enlisted staff and nursing support staff. It was a wonderful experience and opportunity.
Pros
Very diverse staff
Cons
The surrounding neighborhood was very dangerous
It was the military
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 12, 2017
The military offers great benefits and learning opportunities. It provides classes that help with your transition from military to civilian life. It was an opportunity to be on the inside of a hospital learn the politics that exist within a hospital and get hands on experience working in an ER
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Hospital/Military Politics
It is a nice place to work.
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 10, 2017
It is a nice place to work. I will recommend it to anyone. It is a pleasure to work in environment where you can help the one who needs help. I have learned the culture.
Pros
No free lunch, but reasonable price.
Cons
In all care setting, you have 30 minutes to 1 hour for luch. Depends how you use it.
Team working facility, helping
Receptionist/Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 6, 2017
Working here has taught me a lot. It has made me grow and I like how everyone pretty much gets along. Work definitely gets done and people are nice. The management is so understanding and wants everyone to be as one. A typical day of work here is filled with laughs and good talks. The hardest part of working here is when someone isn't there, only because we are already short staffed as is.
One thing that is really hard for me is the commute though, it sucks!
Pros
Timely lunch breaks
Cons
Commuting
My favorite place of employment ever.
MEDICAL RECORDS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 2, 2017
Walter Reed was one of the best jobs I have ever worked for in my life. I really enjoyed working at this military hospital because I made a difference in people's lives. I appreciated the soldiers that fought for our country. I was also honored to have the privilege of helping them in their time of need. Wonderful place to work on any given day.
Writing verbatims and presenting them in group was grueling at times, but overall rewarding.
Clinical Pastoral Resident (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 30, 2017
Reporting to my preceptor in the Department of Ministry and Pastoral Care department for the divvying up the list of visits or related ministries. A patient first mentality reigned. Working the amputees offered the most challenges but was also the most rewarding.
Pros
working with a highly skilled interdisciplinary team and being in the nations capitol
Cons
Being on-call during weekends or holidays
A bit of history
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 30, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Walter Reed. It was a great place to work and I'm so glad I had the chance to work there before it closed. Walter Reed Military Hospital in Washington DC is now closed.
Pros
Closed
Cons
Closed
Good place to work.
Behavioral Science Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 27, 2017
I was a young soldier. Walter Reed is a well known institution. I enjoyed my time there where I was allowed to work with hospital patients out of the Social Work Dept. I made nursing home placements and counseled cancer patients.
Warrior Cafe is about the little guy
Operation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 26, 2017
I learn that if you take care of your customer you will love what you do that's what customer service is the little guy has just as much rights as the person with a lot of money and Walter Reed holds true to that
Pros
Training
Cons
policy on being a rehire
productive and fun workplace
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 25, 2017
productive and fun workplace. Staff and patients are very friendly. Family oriented facility. Supervisor are caring. The only problem i would like to address about the facility is that their is no staff parking.
Good place to learn
Full time MRI Staff at Walter Reed Medical (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 22, 2017
Not an ideal place for everyone. It is government job with a lot of bureaucracy and slow process and managed by government . However ,if someone wants to learn more ,this is the place.
Pros
Large
Cons
not organized
Taking control of the needs of others.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 21, 2017
I enjoyed working at Walter Reeds hospital, putting the solders first making sure they have everything. Taking the time to listen to someone is a value care of life.