Walter Reed National Military Medical Center Employee Reviews

Love the team I work with
Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDSeptember 7, 2016
Not micromanaged and I love my current Supervisor. Contracting positions go to the company with lowest bid, which result in the employees taking all the risks. This usually ends with decrease in pay and or loss of some kind of benefit. As a contractor my opinion is somewhat clouded. However if I were GS this may be a more positive review.
Rewarding
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 27, 2016
I enjoy working at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. I have been there for almost 5 years and I have witnessed and participated in a lot of the development growth. Its also rewarding to know that your ultimate mission is to support our wounded warriors as they made the sacrifice to service our Country.
Pros
Training and continued development is encouraged
Cons
I want to utlize more of the training and skills that I've learned from PMI framework.
The Federal sector here is mired with process
Unified Communications Architect (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 24, 2016
I worked at WRNMMC as a contractor,The central mission of the command is the care of active duty military, dependents, retirees and wounded warriors. The hospital is the pinnacle of military medicine, has several centers of excellence, conducts leading edge research and supports training of the next generation of military medical providers.
Pros
It seemed to be a great hospital when I was working there. The dining choices are excellent.
Cons
Horrible place to work. Bad communication between co-workers and higher ups.
Contractors don't get paid well and contracts last for a year and salary will then take a dive.
Government Contractor - Medical Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 24, 2016
The people are friendly...management can be unfair to contractors. You cannot complain about treatment and expect results as a contractor. Options are to to find another contract position or leave. I have to believe that other federal agencies are more complete.
Pros
Inexpensive lunch
Cons
salary for contractors is meaningless.
Wonderful place to work
General Duty Corpsman (Medical Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 22, 2016
Working at Walter Reed on the Internal Medicine/Surgical Ward was the foundation of my medical experience. While providing great staff, such as the CNAs, Nurses, and Doctors to work beside, it also provides wonderful clinical experience for anybody in the medical field. The greatest part of the job was interacting with so many different people and providing them with the help they needed.
Pros
Endless Learning Opportunities, Friendly Staff
Cons
Sometimes undermanned
Great Place
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 17, 2016
Love working here, great environment. Don't drive, take the metro. Staff are always willing to help and nothing more satisfying than serving our nations heroes.
Very interesting
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 4, 2016
Walter Reed was an interesting place. I enjoyed there showing the injured soldiers my appreciation. The pay was ok and the benefits were pretty decent.
Very Good opportunities for growth
interim site manager (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCJune 2, 2016
Overall very good health care facility with alot of opportunities for growth and development for both military personnel and civilians alike.
Pros
Free use of gym facilities
Cons
Work-life programs in place were not open to everyone
Supervisory Nurse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 27, 2016
I learned how difficult it is for a Federal Agency with different cultures, values and beliefs to merge.

The merger of Army and Navy was like mixing water and oil.

It will take years before the two cultures start to meld and understand their differences as well as value their similarities as we move to a smaller, smarter, military force.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Jagged management structure which did not often work well or timely enough
Productive place to work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 19, 2016
Productive and fun place to work. The opportunity to learn and interact positive with patients and management is possible
Pros
Productive place to work.
Cons
racial issues

Want to know more about Walter Reed National Military Medical Center?

Ask a question
Productive and fun.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDApril 20, 2016
Fun place to work at. Nice people and a great place to learn new skills! I enjoy being around the soldiers, you learn something new everyday.
Great people to work with
RN (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDApril 14, 2016
I prefer working in a military hospital over a civilian hospital. The people here are much easier to work with. And the patients are better too.
Great work environment
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 7, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Eckerd Pharmacy. Both of the Pharmacists taught me a lot while i was employed with them as well as the lead Pharmacy technician.
Fun work place
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMarch 30, 2016
During a typical day I supervise the front desk, greet the customers as they come in for meetings. The people I work with are very polite. The Management needs more communication as to how work needs to be completed in the office.
very excellent place to work
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMarch 14, 2016
very excellent place to work, cater to military personnels with extreme care, very professional individual with a diverse cultural background
Military Treatment Facility
Administrator Neuropsychology Assessment Division (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMarch 14, 2016
Good place for development; military structure and discipline a plus. Parking can be challenging. Metro access is convenient
Innovative military treatment facility
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMarch 14, 2016
good place to work, learn and grow. Enjoyed the culture of respect and disciplined work structure. Parking is a challenge.
nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 6, 2016
Its and okay place to work but need a little work deal with management, and how they treat employees, they needed to speak to employees a little better than they do
Pros
smiles from the customers
Cons
management needs to work with employees
Love working with the people and Supervisor
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Inpatient Medical recordsFebruary 17, 2016
the work flow here is great and i work with medical records and provide the phusicians with the information that is needed.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
to far to drive
Team building work environment
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandFebruary 11, 2016
Coordinating care for the active duty and family.
Managing complex situation and cases.
Team player.
Managing complex cases.
Successful transiting of a service member to the civilian world.

4.2