Walter Reed National Military Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

The Federal sector here is mired with process
Unified Communications Architect (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 24, 2016
I worked at WRNMMC as a contractor,The central mission of the command is the care of active duty military, dependents, retirees and wounded warriors. The hospital is the pinnacle of military medicine, has several centers of excellence, conducts leading edge research and supports training of the next generation of military medical providers.
Pros
It seemed to be a great hospital when I was working there. The dining choices are excellent.
Cons
Horrible place to work. Bad communication between co-workers and higher ups.
Wonderful place to work
General Duty Corpsman (Medical Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 22, 2016
Working at Walter Reed on the Internal Medicine/Surgical Ward was the foundation of my medical experience. While providing great staff, such as the CNAs, Nurses, and Doctors to work beside, it also provides wonderful clinical experience for anybody in the medical field. The greatest part of the job was interacting with so many different people and providing them with the help they needed.
Pros
Endless Learning Opportunities, Friendly Staff
Cons
Sometimes undermanned
Rewarding
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 27, 2016
I enjoy working at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. I have been there for almost 5 years and I have witnessed and participated in a lot of the development growth. Its also rewarding to know that your ultimate mission is to support our wounded warriors as they made the sacrifice to service our Country.
Pros
Training and continued development is encouraged
Cons
I want to utlize more of the training and skills that I've learned from PMI framework.
Contractors don't get paid well and contracts last for a year and salary will then take a dive.
Government Contractor - Medical Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 24, 2016
The people are friendly...management can be unfair to contractors. You cannot complain about treatment and expect results as a contractor. Options are to to find another contract position or leave. I have to believe that other federal agencies are more complete.
Pros
Inexpensive lunch
Cons
salary for contractors is meaningless.
Work-life programs in place were not open to everyone
Supervisory Nurse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 27, 2016
I learned how difficult it is for a Federal Agency with different cultures, values and beliefs to merge.

The merger of Army and Navy was like mixing water and oil.

It will take years before the two cultures start to meld and understand their differences as well as value their similarities as we move to a smaller, smarter, military force.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Jagged management structure which did not often work well or timely enough
Very Good opportunities for growth
interim site manager (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCJune 2, 2016
Overall very good health care facility with alot of opportunities for growth and development for both military personnel and civilians alike.
Pros
Free use of gym facilities
Fun work place
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMarch 30, 2016
During a typical day I supervise the front desk, greet the customers as they come in for meetings. The people I work with are very polite. The Management needs more communication as to how work needs to be completed in the office.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDFebruary 8, 2016
Here at Walter Reed the working expereience is truly one of a kind. You encoutner a lot of different people with different cultures as well as different personalities. The diversity is amazing and it feels good to give back to your country in some from of fashion.
Great Place
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 17, 2016
Love working here, great environment. Don't drive, take the metro. Staff are always willing to help and nothing more satisfying than serving our nations heroes.
nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 6, 2016
Its and okay place to work but need a little work deal with management, and how they treat employees, they needed to speak to employees a little better than they do
Pros
smiles from the customers
Cons
management needs to work with employees
Productive place to work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 19, 2016
Productive and fun place to work. The opportunity to learn and interact positive with patients and management is possible
Pros
Productive place to work.
Cons
racial issues
friendly environment
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 28, 2016
friendly and productive work place and team work, the staff is focus on patient care and the patient is the center of everything
Pros
team players
Cons
n/a
Provide care to the invisible wounded
Corpsman (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDDecember 9, 2015
Walter Reed is a medical facility. On a typical work day, all and most employees both civilians and military arrive at 0700.We see a minimum of 20 patients per day. Most of our patients are outpatients who come to this specific facility( National Intrepid Center of Excellence)for a 4 week physical and psychological evaluation and treatment program.
Very interesting
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 4, 2016
Walter Reed was an interesting place. I enjoyed there showing the injured soldiers my appreciation. The pay was ok and the benefits were pretty decent.
Great work environment
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 7, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Eckerd Pharmacy. Both of the Pharmacists taught me a lot while i was employed with them as well as the lead Pharmacy technician.
Military Treatment Facility
Administrator Neuropsychology Assessment Division (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMarch 14, 2016
Good place for development; military structure and discipline a plus. Parking can be challenging. Metro access is convenient
Team building work environment
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandFebruary 11, 2016
Coordinating care for the active duty and family.
Managing complex situation and cases.
Team player.
Managing complex cases.
Successful transiting of a service member to the civilian world.
Productive and fun.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDApril 20, 2016
Fun place to work at. Nice people and a great place to learn new skills! I enjoy being around the soldiers, you learn something new everyday.
Bittersweet..
Management Analyst, Resource Management (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 2, 2015
So the actual Department I worked in was great, the Contractor was the issue. while they did pay well, their communication with direct department heads was horrible. To many contradictions when it came to job descriptions and direction of positions. Some of this may have been due to the impending closure and bidding wars, however it could have been handled much more professionally..
Pros
Great pay and benefits plus OT.
Cons
Communication between management and contractor needs work.
very excellent place to work
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMarch 14, 2016
very excellent place to work, cater to military personnels with extreme care, very professional individual with a diverse cultural background

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2