Walter Reed National Military Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Productive place
nurse (Current Employee) –  MarylandDecember 21, 2015
As a teaching hospital, I learned a lot in the facility and had a great time gaining experiences in the nursing realm. Great preceptors and good place to start a career off
Provide care to the invisible wounded
Corpsman (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDDecember 9, 2015
Walter Reed is a medical facility. On a typical work day, all and most employees both civilians and military arrive at 0700.We see a minimum of 20 patients per day. Most of our patients are outpatients who come to this specific facility( National Intrepid Center of Excellence)for a 4 week physical and psychological evaluation and treatment program.
dish washer
Food Service Clerk/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 30, 2015
what i learned was kitchen maintenance in a hospital setting
management was very professional
Assured all assigned tasks and responsibilities are completed prior to the end of each shift.
Pros
gaining the work experience
Cons
temp job
unproductive
LPN (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, VANovember 10, 2015
the hardest part of the job is not using your skills. the most enjoyable part of the job is the patients. management is non existent and not willing to help out when you are working short.
Bittersweet..
Management Analyst, Resource Management (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 2, 2015
So the actual Department I worked in was great, the Contractor was the issue. while they did pay well, their communication with direct department heads was horrible. To many contradictions when it came to job descriptions and direction of positions. Some of this may have been due to the impending closure and bidding wars, however it could have been handled much more professionally..
Pros
Great pay and benefits plus OT.
Cons
Communication between management and contractor needs work.
Education focused environment
Surgical Technologist/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 24, 2015
WRNMMC is a great place to work. This is a hospital where there is opportunity to gain a lot of experience in one's chosen healthcare profession. There is alway seminars and training going on that anyone can attend.
Pros
Opportunity to gain a lot of experience
Cons
in the midst of a merger things are constantly changing
Same Job as the first
Personnel Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 23, 2015
NIce place to work. Had positive feedback from all customers. Learned a lot from my co-workers here. Was able to use my skills and knowledge here effectively and to my advantage. Management was very good here.
Caregiver
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 13, 2015
I absolutely loved working there. Sad that the center closed their doors for good last year. I would help the injured soldiers in my crew to eat, do daily activities, and to shower, as well as help to doctor appointments and give oral medication as prescribed. I was my own manager which was great. My co - workers all had a huge impact on my life. In order to have this job you must be have a great smile on your face, and have a strong work ethic as well as personality. The hardest part of the job was when, one of the men or women I helped would pass away or return back home somewhere far in the U.S. You become close when working with people like that everyday. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the soldiers smile. That made me know that I was doing my job the right way. These people are so down on themselves as it is, they need to smile as much as they can.
Pros
Seeing soldiers return home to loved ones
Cons
Losing an important person to an injury.
Excellant.
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 6, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management.Great,good,good,goood,gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood.
Walter Reed: Helping Wounded Warriors
Executive Assistant - Human Resources Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 3, 2015
Smart Management and smart co-workers have made Walter Reed Army Medical Center a proud place to advance your career. Being a part of a historcal base, that has cared for some of the most promoent memebers of the military, and presidents alike has made my career much more worth while,
Pros
Co-Works, beautiful landscaping
Cons
Base now closed

Want to know more about Walter Reed National Military Medical Center?

Ask a question
Fun work Place
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, VASeptember 28, 2015
This place taught me more then what a Medical Assistant needed to know. Doctor and Office Manager were supportive and fun to work with.
Pros
Loved learning knew things
Cons
It was a temp job, so job ended
Excellent patient care facility.
Clinical Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDSeptember 9, 2015
The National Intrepid Center of Excellence (NICoE) is a fantastic place to work. The NICoE is a DoD facility that helps "heal the invisible wounds of war." I work as a clinical research assistant in the Neuroimaging Department and aid in the organization and conduction of neuroimaging studies. My job is incredibly fulfilling, and I am always learning something new.
wonderful
lpn (Former Employee) –  DCSeptember 8, 2015
this was the best place to work there will never be a place that touches my heart as much as my time spent at WRAMC we had the best patients
professional environment
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 28, 2015
Managed the care of Wounded Warriors returning from Iraq and Afganistan. Producing Excel spreadsheets to teack and monitor the continous training of the Wounded Warriors.
Pros
Meeting different military personnel
Cons
Unprofessionalism from other supporting offices
Challenging
Supply Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 28, 2015
Responsible for the Intergration of all Millitary equipment and personnel, and IT transitioning to the New Facility.
Pros
Excellent experience
Cons
Inexperienced Contracting personnel
Leading healthcare facility with endless opportunities to learn and grow
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 24, 2015
During my 6+ years here, I have been able to expand my career as a certified occupational therapy assistant and increase my skills working in an acute care setting.
old hospital,
RN OR (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 20, 2015
older hospital, had everything we needed for the operating room were getting ready to close the hospital down and move to the navy hospital
Pros
elite army hospital, saw everything from the battle fields
Cons
no parking
Nice place to work with adequate resources for learning and personal developmental purposes.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 17, 2015
This is place where novice RN can be trained to be an expert. Nice working environment with good co-worker. Nice place to acquire necessary skills.
Pros
Nice environment and great working team
Cons
Short breaks
excelent and best place to work
Telemetry Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 16, 2015
an great place to work in, great environment and professional level people that a person can enhance his career and experience in all field and competencies.
productive workplace
Nurse Case Manager, Executive Medicine (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 12, 2015
check emails...scrub charts...ensure service member is scheduled for all the appointments they may need for the year (ie. GYN, physical, labs, x-rays etc)

4.2