Walter Reed National Military Medical Center Employee Reviews

n/a
Sr. Communications Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 18, 2017
Its alot to say but since its a government facilities, I choose not to speak about it. So far the culture is workable and the environment is acceptable.
Try to be a GS employee
Contract Social Worker- (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 16, 2017
I was a contractor and that made it difficult due to the salary and benefits package and having to deal with the contract renewing and starting with a new salary. Try to become a GS employee, if possible. Typical government/hospital setting. Knowledge of Military Culture is a must (or willingness to learn).
Mission for Soldiers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 15, 2017
No better place to work! Ability to support the overall mission to provide the absolute best medical healthcare for all our troops especially those who are wounded.
Pros
Great people and environment
Cons
commute
Working at Walter Reed
Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 15, 2017
The patient load on the telemetry ward was a bit busy but I gained a ton of experience with patient care and office setting. Everyone helped with the well-being of each patient, which made the workload not so difficult.
That my review
Certified Medical Assistant/LPN (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 14, 2017
The hospital was a very busy place to work, but fun helping to care for the wounded warriors and their families. We were always training and learning
Pros
cheap food
Cons
no parking
no longer operational
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 3, 2017
My account is being created for me. The person does not know anything about Walter Reed National Military Medical Center and therefore will not be able to provide a review
No accountability; lazy, incompetent staff; poor management
Health System Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDApril 28, 2017
Staff are not here for the patients. Patients will wait while the staff are sitting around on their phones. Supervisors are incompetent and do not hold anyone accountable. Senior leaders do not seem to care that our department is so inefficient. They make someone else do a job that is not in their PD because the person who is supposed to do it is incompetent but don't hold them accountable for their incompetence. Zero room for advancement and not sure how some of these GS have advanced to the level they are since they do not know what they are doing. Verbal abuse from senior leader. This could be an awesome place to work (and it could just be my department) if they purged all the lazy, incompetent staff and started over. Too afraid to fire contractors who are not doing their job so we end up suffering with bad workers because of poor leadership. Military leaders are not holding military members accountable and are always pulling them away from patient care for ridiculous reasons.
Pros
Some of the people, hours
Cons
Incompetent leaders and staff members
fun workplace
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDApril 23, 2017
it was a place where I learned a lot I came a cross a lot of different people army navy you name it. I learned how to read barcodes and how to drive fork lifts
Military Life
Course Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDApril 17, 2017
The only complaint that I have is having leadership that did not want to give me a chance to work at another department. That's military life though...
Great hours, academic practice setting
Certified Nurse Midwife (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MD 20889April 17, 2017
great schedule with 10 hour work days/ 4 days per week. No weekends or holidays
Academic practice setting working closely with OB/GYN residents. most deliveries are done by residents with CNM as attending staff
Pros
hours
Cons
autonomy
nice place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDApril 13, 2017
Nice and smooth work place. everyone got alone with each other. learned a lot and work in different positions. started out working on the cash register, then went to patient tray line, and ended in the ingredient room.
Working at Walter Reed Military Hospital
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 12, 2017
Good job to get to know veterans and military personnel.
Good Learning Environment
Employees and supervisors need more professional development
It's great to work with veterans.
Pros
working with veteran's
Cons
workers can be lazy and managers need training
Walter Reed Hospital
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDApril 3, 2017
Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC) is a wonderful place to work! The culture and environment is Top notch and patient care is exceptional. The staff is friendly and caring and they love their jobs. The hardest part of the job is learning the military ranks and language, but you will definitely get the hang of it! WRNMMC is the place to work!! Come join a winning TEAM!
Pros
Team work, Benefits
Cons
Military ranks and language
Patient Appointment Administration: Coordinate and facilitate meetings with clients to gather and document
Medical Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 1, 2017
Coordinate and facilitate meetings with clients to gather and document requirements and explore potential solutions to system problems. usaf civilian position
Great patients
Physical Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMarch 28, 2017
I was a contractor, which therefore, I had no benefits and job security.
I enjoyed my job, my patients that worked really hard to get better.
It is a great state of the art facility with great equipment for out dear Military personnel.
Pros
Great patients
Cons
Overworked, overbooked
Great place to work. Military Medicine is the best.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMarch 22, 2017
It was a great opportunity to provide care to active duty, their families and retirees.

Many new nurses in the military start their careers our of college, WR and the civilian personnel gives then a great foundation and enhances their skills.
Loved working on the Military base
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 21, 2017
I held two different positions while at Walter Reed Army Medical Center, both of which I enjoyed immensely. One with the Military Housing office and then accepted offer with the Child Development Center as Assistant to the Program Coordinator. Walter Reed had a community where you got to know everyone, Even people you didn't work with a we all had a great family feeling on the base. It has since moved out to Bethesda, MD and I don't see that it could be anything like the base on Georgia Avenue in DC. I miss it.
Pros
Plenty
Cons
Too many meetings
Enjoyable working place.
Medical Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMarch 16, 2017
Overall good place to work. Even though I might not agree with the management, I do what I was told to do by my supervisor. I love working for my supervisor and working with our team. We all take pride on helping others especially those who's in need of treatment and healthcare.
Pros
Dealing with veterans and active duty members
Cons
Short lunch and Not enough parking
Walter Reed was a productive place to work
Environmental Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 9, 2017
Managing four floors with clinics, OR, etc areas for housekeeping cleaning. Making sure that the patients, patients families and customers were happy with the overall standards.
Focused but involved workplace
Audiology and Speech Pathology Intern (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMarch 6, 2017
I loved every second at Walter Reed. It's intense- almost everyone is active duty or a veteran basically by default. But you're surrounded by smart, interested/interesting, passionate people.