Wanderful Media is reinventing local discovery shopping.
Providing reach into more than 80% of U.S. markets through trusted media brands, The company helps retailers bring consumers into local stores and gives consumers the most convenient way to discover local merchandise.
Unlike price comparison, daily deal and couponing sites, Wanderful Media makes discovery shopping engaging, fun and social for consumers, wherever they are and however they shop – mobile, web or tablet. The company owns and operates the Find n Save® brand of local shopping sites covering 47 of the top 50 designated market areas (DMAs), A single-point solution for advertising and media, Find n Save is an established business, building a massive consumer audience today.
Headquartered in the Silicon Valley with an office in Chico, Wanderful Media is backed by a powerful group of media companies that includes Advance Digital, A. H. Belo Corporation, Community Newspaper Holdings Inc., Cox Media Group, The E. W. Scripps Company, Gannett Co., Inc., GateHouse Media, Inc., Hearst Corporation, Lee Enterprises, MediaNews Group, The McClatchy Company, and The Washington Post Co.
The Marketing Communications Manager is a strong individual contributor who is responsible for driving and managing communications to Wanderful Media’s media and retail partners. Our goals are to grow our leadership position within the media industry, and continue to attract and build strong relationships with large retail advertisers and media partners, and to consistently deliver a superior and innovative communication programs. The Marketing Communications Manager will be a hands-on marketing contributor with strong communications and marketing skills. Factors for success are someone who can take the initiative in driving projects, is a self-starter and is focused on results and making a difference. The ability to handle multiple and varied projects at one time will also be important. B2B marketing experience is key to the success of this position. And a desire to learn new things and pitch-in where needed will be essential.
Knowledge of the company’s clients and products will be required. The position reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
The Marketing Communications Manager will work closely with cross-functional teams to develop from concept stage through execution and maintenance, marketing communications and programs that support awareness, acquisition, penetration, retention, referral, revenue and branding goals.
- Understand the sales funnel from lead generation to sales close
- Collaborate with product marketing/management, sales and account management to understand key value propositions and positioning differentiators and be able to communicate these to the internal teams and to partners/customers.
- Work with the Sales, Account Management and Product teams to produce sales tools; including product collateral, case studies, sales guides, PowerPoint presentations, positioning briefs, product demos, Web pages and other tools deemed necessary.
- Write promotional materials including: emails, newsletters, direct mail, web copy, and whitepapers
- Organize quarterly leadership events with partners
- Work collaboratively with product, executives, sales, and support
- Maintain level of technical proficiency with new and developing technology
- Provide general support to the VP of Marketing in the achievement of marketing department goals
- Aid in developing and managing the annual marketing communications budget
The Marketing Communications Manager will have a successful track record of developing, executing, measuring and optimizing marketing communications and campaigns on the Web and in other media. He/she will be a team player with a positive, can-do attitude. Required skills include:
- Familiarity with B2B selling and experience with B2B communications
- Proven experience with writing a diverse set of communications materials from sales tools to marketing program/campaign materials to Web copy.
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage marketing communications programs that produce results including: email, trade shows and conferences, Webinars, and sales tools
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and interact with all levels and functional groups within the company
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, self-start and contribute under pressure and tight deadlines
- Highly organized, critical thinker
- BA/BS degree.
- 8 plus years direct work experience in marketing communications and programs
- Generous compensation and benefits programs
- Incentive Eligible