War Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

family orientated
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Sault Sainte Marie, MIFebruary 1, 2016
learning is always around the corner, I call it free education
management really truly cares
co-workers helps make it really feel like family
night shift hours takes a real toll on your body need proper rest
when the patient leaves the hospital with that healthy glow on their faces
Pros
free education
nice patients
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Springs, WVDecember 23, 2015
Nice patients, fun environment not so hot management they didn't treat everybody fair they had there picks.And seemed like the people who actually did there work was the ones they would always come down on when something went wrong
Very tough place to work
PTA (Former Employee) –  michiganMay 11, 2015
This company only seems to care about profit and business. Quality of care is poor. very limited time spent with patients and is forced to be rushed to increase productivity. They don't care about your personal life, they expect your work to come before anything else over family etc. you pay a fortune for heath coverage and has a high deductible. Can advance in career but difficult to get. Management sucks and never does what they say they will do or take care of your issues.
Pros
beautiful rehab gym and plenty of equipment and space
Cons
hard to please the staff and supervisors
Blood work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Sault Sainte Marie, MIOctober 10, 2015
Willing to work with you on your schedule. Lots of good on the job training. Excellent and supportive staff to work with. Warm environment
Pros
Fun friendly staff, great hours
Cons
Lowest paid hosiptal staff in MI, lack of job security
very structured, appreciated, employees worked well together.
Kitchen Aide and Relief Cook (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Springs, WV 25411April 28, 2012
I like working for a structured company. I have worked for both. I learned a lot of useful information and training. This was a great job if I had better hours. It took up my whole day and night.
Pros
strcture, benifits, raises, enviroment
Cons
hours
small critical access hospital
Berkley Springs, W.V. Travel nurse (Former Employee) –  Berkley Springs, WVOctober 14, 2012
Very narrow-minded management. Do things there that should be left to larger facilities. The rest of the place is a glorified nursing home.
Cons
long hours. no breaks. poor scheduling.
Registration is a great place to be
Registration Clerk/Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Sault Sainte Marie, MIMarch 7, 2015
At War, the employees all treat each other with respect no matter what level of job you hold. In registration, we have A LOT of things to do and the job is very important. My director was absolutely amazing and she made the job so much better.
Cons
hard to work up without college degree or certification
Fast paced but rewarding work
Emergency Room Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, MIMarch 11, 2015
My duties as an admitting clerk consisted of...
Admitting patients into the ER as well as other various departments for ordered tests. Billing insurance companies, taking co-pays as well as patient bills.
Pros
fun energetic staff
Cons
upset er visitors waiting to be seen
Ok place to work the benefits are lacking
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, MIApril 14, 2015
There was a lot of issues between co-workers. Overall the job was great. Provide on the job training for both clinical and trauma situations.
Good hospital with good work culture
Full-Time RN (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, MIFebruary 3, 2015
This hospital was great to work for. Very diverse patient population and I got a variety of experience from medical to surgical to psychiatric. We worked in teams of 1 RN and 1 CNA which was great. This hospital does have required union and bases a lot on seniority.
Excellent Learning Environment
Radiologic and MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Sault Sainte Marie, MIDecember 26, 2012
The first half of a typical day would be with the first shift staff. The second half would just be me working with one clerical and one CT tech. We would be responsible for the ER, OR, Intensive Care, OB, Long term care and any outpatients that needed to come after normal hours.
I learned how to manage my time wisely, to quickly triage which patients needed my help first, and to do my job expeditiously for all involved.
My co-workers were mostly young people who, unfortunately, lacked consistency in the workplace but meant well. Some were a bit older with more experience and I enjoyed working with them all, old and young alike.
Pros
a great place for me to learn mri
Cons
the pay was lower than the state and national average.
long term care unit
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, MIAugust 23, 2013
Worked as a C.N.A in ltc, great hospital to work for. Potential is there for furthering your career.
wonderful company
CNA, Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Berkely springs, wvDecember 11, 2012
wonderful coworkers, great management. Worked in the kitchen and with the dependent residents, and i loved this job, only left due to moving, would still be working there if i had the choice
Well ran company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sault Sainte Marie, MINovember 12, 2014
I loved working for WMH. Its a friendly atmosphere. The coworkers are as close to you as family.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
about this WMH
nurse aide (Former Employee) –  sault ste marie, michiganJuly 30, 2013
If you like going to high when you are adult you will like working here. People lie about things and treat you bad if you don't fit in.
Pros
there are no pros to this job at
Cons
people lieing about you, short breaks, mean people, drunk employees, employees that swear at you
About working at war memorial hospital
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, MIOctober 8, 2012
Working here was fun, but the people I worked with harassed me and treated me horrible. This was not what I expected from a company that care for ill people. I loved my job but not the people who I have worked with.
Pros
good money, and working with patients.
Cons
short breaks, people were treated different if they were close with the bosses.
Amazing employer to work for
Medical Social Worker/Recipient Rights Officer (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, MIJanuary 29, 2013
The only reason I will be leaving this employer as a Social Worker is to relocate to a different state.
Hometown touch great team work
RN (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Springs, WVJuly 3, 2014
Awesome place to work. Everyone jumps in to see that the patients needs are met.
Pros
the people
Cons
no able to get overtime
Productive and a friendly place to work for.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, MIFebruary 12, 2014
Company is a great place and a place to move up if going in the field of serving the public, as in health.
Pros
good benefit and staff.
Cons
work every other weekend.
Staff was helpful I enjoyed working there
Out Patient Coder (Former Employee) –  Sault Sainte Marie, MIApril 25, 2014
I had my own hours to work which was nice when I was raising children. I learned how to use an encoder. My co-workers were helpful when I had an issue.