Warby Parker Employee Reviews

Who you know
Optician (Former Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 12, 2018
I found the only way to advance or excell wasn't about your work ethic but by who's butt you kissed. They say there are no goals but each morning a goal is given. They have a lot of sales people or stylists but most without any styling and fitting experience and no opticians so all measurements, adjustments, quality checks and dispensing is on that usually one employee. The glasses were not of quality material ( not zyle but acetate) so adjustments were a constant thing. They regularly came in x'd (98 out of 100) People were constantly coming back to have their eyewear re adjusted. If you want to get ahead get in the click!!!
Pros
Can wear pajamas if you want
Cons
Young company a lot of problems still to work out
Productive and fun environment
Senior Optician (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 6, 2018
Easy going but yet efficient. Helping patients pick out glasses that are affordable and also look good. Relaxed atmosphere. Customers feel welcomed and are not rushed into purchasing.
Tysons Warby
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAJanuary 2, 2018
The new management is awful, warby needs to invest in people who actually know what they're doing and don't constantly run to part time employees for help. The company itself is a logistical nightmare - the right hand never knows what the left is doing it seems like. The corporate team is never on the same page as the retail team.
Pros
Na
Cons
Mall location has terribly long hours, breaks used to be an hour but with new management its been cut to almost no time at all
Great Company but...
OPTICAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 23, 2017
Great company to work for. Treat employees great and room for opportunity is in abundance. Long hours standing on your feet. It embraces the culture of individuality.
Loved working here
Employee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2017
Mission vision and values are amazing, competitive wage and a fun work environment. They also believe in doing good in the world even as a for profit enterprise.
Good company culture
Operations Advisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 29, 2017
Good culture but they don't really train their managers - as a result management in stores has a tendency to micromanage their employees. Doesn't really show a lot of trust.
Really fun team
Assistant Store Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2017
Warby Parker is a quirky company that has a lot of fun and does a lot of good in the world. The product is easy to get behind, and everyone loves their work!
Good Work Environment
Returns Specialist (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 25, 2017
During my time at Warby Parker, I came across some amazing people who helped me grow as a person and a worker during my tenure. The atmosphere made the place very warming and exciting to be a part of the company.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Inexperienced Management
Overall a great place to work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJuly 5, 2017
As soon as you clock in, be ready to hit the ground running. Being able to balance, people, your job, and the store is key. The best part about working at Warby was honestly the people and the environment.
Loyal to employees
Order Processing Associate (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 28, 2017
This is a great job for working behind a computer. You must have a certain type of personality in order to get a promotion. You need to be able to constantly interact with people or it gives a bad message to the superiors.
Warby Parker is a lovely place to work
Senior Advisor (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 4, 2017
Warby is a wonderful place to work. The people are fantastic and the culture is as intelligent as it is diverse. I'm truly happy here. The only thing that worries me about working for Warby Parker, is that although they talk to us about growth and have us participate in workshops which are supposed to have us ready for the next step. There is absolutely no clear guideline of when or how exactly to grow within the company. Although I thoroughly enjoy my time here, I just don't make enough money to stay with the company unless I were to be promoted. I barely make enough to cover my bills and I have a better life in mind for myself.
Pros
Fun, awesome people, diverse, integrity
Cons
no clear guidelines of when or how to grow within the company
Good
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 14, 2017
Good environment to work in, with some oppurtunity to grow. I would continue to work here if this was my life passion and interest but it just is not.
fun
License Optician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 15, 2016
best place to work in
gained experience in ) Heat, shape, or bend plastic or metal frames in order to adjust eyeglasses to fit clients, using pliers and handInstruct clients in how to wear and CARE for eyeglasses.
Amazing place to learn
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2016
Warby Parker is an amazing place to learn if you're willing to put in the time and effort. It strives to be a data driven and analytical company so you'll enjoy the job more if this aligns to your type of thinking. The office culture is amazing - everyone is extremely nice and friendly and there is an entire team dedicated towards making work fun.
Fun Work Environment
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 24, 2016
Truly fun place to work! Devoted to customers and employees. Company is relatively new, and development comes with new opportunities and exciting days.
Warby Warby Warby
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 31, 2016
Growing company with lots of potential. You must remain patience and the opportunities will present themselves. Unfortunately my circumstances didn't afford such opportunity but I would work for the company again in a heart beat!
Fun
Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2016
Pay could be better but it is a fun environment to work in. People are great. They need to get better with structure and training people. Everything is basically self-taught with Powerpoints!
Pros
Free lunches, benefits, perks, outings
Cons
Pay, no structure, terrible trainings
Fun and Quirky
Advisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2016
Warby Parker is a fun place to work. Everyone cares about each others growth. It is not very stressful at times, but people should get paid more for everything they do.
Pros
Vacation, quality of life, people, benefits and perks
Cons
They can expect too much and not great pay for management
Senior Advisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 31, 2016
Great place to work, but bad work life balance... They dont do high pressure sales.. Great benefits but poor room for advancement becasue they are such small locations.
Pros
Free snacks
The Best Company I Have Ever Worked For!
Optician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NYApril 20, 2016
Day after day I think about Warby Parker, from there ethical standpoint buy a pair give pair, all the way to the prices and outstanding customer service. This company has it all. Did I mention that Warby Parker is a B corp. It is the amazing and dedicated staff that make this company stand out. Salute to them!
Pros
Every employee gets a