Ward Trucking Employee Reviews in United States

Great compensation and Benefits
INBOUND SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJuly 9, 2015
Company on the move. Lots of hours to be had and lots of room to grow. Company training is a top notch. A typical day was 12 to 16hrs long.
Pros
Salary Bonus
Ward
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 20, 2016
Ward was a truck driving posistion. It was something to do until I found out what I really wanted to do. I delivered goods out on a daily basis.
Extremely disrespectful and does not care about you as a person
P/D Driver (Former Employee) –  Richfeild , OhioAugust 15, 2013
This is by far the worst company I've ever been employed. They don't care about you as a person. A complete different set of rules for drivers versus everyone else. You're constantly talked down to and expected to operate at 150% at all times despite any unforeseen variables.

They have very high expectations with little or no support to achieve any these goals. They also offer some of the worst benefits available. Most list them as generic and you're lucky they pay anything.
Pros
steady pay check if they need you.
Cons
very disrespectful longs hrs with no overtime pay.
P/D Driver Richfeild OH
P/D Driver (Former Employee) –  Richfield OhioMarch 9, 2014
This is one of the absolute worst work environments I've ever been involved with. Dispatchers are absolutely clueless nor do they care about the problems you face on a daily route.

The work load at times is unattainable considering the amount of deliveries given average 14 and the average pick ups being roughly the same with a generally late departure time.

Their motto is we are undermanned because we expect more from our drivers. Operating area is to large for the manpower. This also goes for the dockworkers are understaffed as well.

The equipment is in bad operating condition especially their trailers. Daily you need to negotiate holes in the floor hidden by freight because of the its not my job mentality. Doors that won't open or close falling out of their tracks.

Everyone walks around in a highly miserable state of aggravation. The benefits are always being played with are sub par so that you will pay the greater sum of expenses. Long work hours all at straight time wages.

It's a point the finger at the other guy mentality and complain how everyone else doesn't od their job.

I would not recommend this facility to an enemy much less anyone else.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
too numerous to list
No Good
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, NYAugust 3, 2015
Ward trucking was a horrible place to work for, the management was never there, the employees were very lazy or barely even showed up for their shift, no one took that job seriously. The company did so bad that it closed down and went out of business.
Pros
no pros
Cons
horrbile place to work for
No Team work
A Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Camphill, PaMarch 8, 2015
Mechanic, covered 2nd & all of 3rd shift for 3 years, cant keep mechanics, Road drivers great to work with. Did most of work at night, nothing for dayshift to do , most equipment on road. Supervisors worthless day & night, let trucks & trailers run when serious issues happen with equipment., Hard to get parts after midnight, jury rig to next terminal, night office employees hard to work with, no overtime, all straight time, got to watch your hours or they will screw you out of time. Main shop cant fix the issues to trucks you send back, they just steam them off most of time & run it till they blow up, NOT a very safe place to work ! Shop & Dock from 1930's, no upgrades, Id suggest going else where, to much stress, Senior Brass keep money to themselves, dont share, If you have any brains you will look elseware, Mechanic, 35 years experience, i woke up & moved on !
Pros
lots of screw off time if your not wanting to work like most
Cons
fast paced, eat at tool box, worthless management
if you have any self respect, stay away.
straight truck driver (Current Employee) –  bensalem, paJanuary 24, 2015
Management could care less about people w/families. My wife went into labor so I called to tell the main manager I needed the day off and I was told that if I wanted to work there I would have to be there and I had to make a choice, I thought it was a joke .dispatchers text your cell phone while driving and get upset when you dont text them back (while you are driving).. they will keep u on the road until midnight because they dont pay overtime. You have to load your own truck before route, work 12 hrs on the road and then unload your truck while dodging unqualified forklift drivers. Very cheep they dont equip u with safe or proper equipment to perform your job and do not pay time and a half after 40hrs. Everybody is expendable, drivers come and go. A guy was fired when they accused him of not reporting an accident to the company, no police report, citation or any proof that an accident occurred just an anonymous email, a week before christmas. Most disrespectful and unprofessional management ive ever seen(only in movies).
Pros
all the class b drivers talk about better places to work, so theres hope
Cons
terrible health insurance plans
dirty and old school work environment.
dock worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 25, 2015
extremely old school dock. load and unload trailers all day. very simple work. follow the direction of the supervisor. plus there is only two to four workers per shift so expect a lot of heat when you call off
Pros
high pay
Cons
no work life balance
Trucking
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 22, 2014
great place to work, pay and benefits are good. The people I worked with were laid back and easy to get along with and weren't afraid to help out. This is a job I really enjoy doing.
I didn't really like how they managed the company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAJanuary 10, 2013
The didn't have good trucks, the didn't have specific loads. ANd they didn't really have any good benefits.
Pros
i made new friends
Cons
i didn't like the company
family owned
Combination Driver-Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 22, 2014
great environment. good pay great benefits. management was good.
Racist and treated unfairly.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  EastonJanuary 22, 2015
I gave Ward my two week notice. They let me go with no notice due to lack of work their is no such thing as lack of work at ward trucking. They make so much by not paying drivers overtime. I was injured and the insurance company they use Sedgwick is very unprofessional and nasty like its your intention to get hurt. They will deny all your claims just so they don't have to pay. This company is very racist. A dispatcher position was available and 2 Latino 1 black and a white person with no knowledge in dispatching applied and the white person was picked for the job, mind you I have 10 years experience in dispatch but since am a Latino they went with a white person with no experience which was one of the requirements in the job description. They also send us minorities to locations where you need a bullet proof vest to make deliveries and pick ups, because shots are fired every night,its the ghetto, in these neighborhoods. Meanwhile the white drivers are in the suburbs eating at Wawa and Sheets enjoying the country scenery, with cows and deers. I would look the other way before working here NO OVERTIME! Expect to work 50 + hours a week or get FIRED!
Pros
mon-fri
Cons
not provided proper equipment to get you job done safely.
Fast paced with emphesis on there goals not yours
Dock employee (Former Employee) –  Wilkes Barre Pa.January 27, 2015
Sad to say but for Dock workers at Ward there are no real perks, No lunch/dinner break but you still get docked a half hour pay like you took one! NO over time pay,straight time no matter what. No paid days off no sick days. At least in the terminal I worked in there are no safety standards in place at all. Alot of promises but none come to reality.
Pros
great bunch of guys i worked with/ dock suprvisor was a great guy
Cons
promises, promises and thats all they were!!!
LTL freight deliver
Freight Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Harmarville, PAApril 19, 2013
Really great job but, they keep you out to your full 14 to 16 hours rules all the time.
Christ, your always doing a 16 hour log for management.
Freight, well, it's job security but, your going to pay for it.

No life, you start at 7:30am and your leaving at 9pm and til you get home well, you should of pitched a tent there.
Pros
job security
Cons
you live there no life
Fun but not for me as a career
Lead Dock Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAJune 10, 2012
A typical day is usual an 11 hour shift day minimum 10 hours. I learn how to keep my relationship and treat everyone equal on management do not let anyone see your weakness and never show them you cant handle it. My Co Works are fun but something really frustrating there is a cretin point to joke around and work. The Hardest part of my job is learning my managers job. I enjoyed towards the middle of my shift when it gets busy.
Pros
i eat as i work
Cons
breaks when i need one
great place to work no required lunch breaks
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAApril 30, 2012
high paced working enviornment, high turnover rate. certain members of the management team were less than professional. my co workers were a great team. a typicacal work day was fast paced which i enjoyed. the hardest part of the job was learning the new protocal implemented as a new employee.the most enjoyableable part of the job was learning from my teammates.
Pros
constant activity
Cons
company cutbacks frequently
Very friendly client base
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAFebruary 14, 2013
Answered calls from customers to schedule pick-ups and perform rate quotes. Assist callers with all tracing of shipments and follow up calls to customers to assure that the highest quality of customer service was provided.
Learned patience and prioritizing calls.
Co-workers were very friendly and always willing to help.
Hardest part of the job was trying to keep irate customers, but very experienced with keeping a calming attitude and resolving the problem.
Enjoyed interaction with customers, dispatchers and co-workers and incentives from taking more calls as well as receiving good reviews from customers.
Lots of work and long hours
Loading Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Harmarville, PAMay 27, 2014
I worked here as a casual dock worker during the summer of 2012. I enjoyed the money that I made, but hated the 12-14 hour shifts 5 days a week. Also, the other dock workers were miserable guys who hated anybody new.
Pros
decent pay, weekends off
Cons
long hours, miserable employees
You are your own boss
Local Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 27, 2014
You control how you drive and time management. You go in and pickup your truck and trailer for the day. You make pick up and deliveries for the rest of the day. Pretty typical pickup and delivery job. All the other workers were nice. The hardest part was not knowing if you were going to be called in that day.
Ward has potential to be a good company but just can't seem to get to the next level.
Class A Cdl Driver (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 30, 2013
When i look for a company i'm looking for teamwork,structure and the leadership that the company has to offer. I also look for the balance within the company. By ;being a verteran in the U.S. Air Force i understand what teamwork and leadership can mean to a company and how it can make a company get to the next level.