Ward Trucking

Ward Trucking Employee Reviews

Fast paced with emphesis on there goals not yours
Dock employee (Former Employee), Wilkes Barre Pa.January 27, 2015
Pros: great bunch of guys i worked with/ dock suprvisor was a great guy
Cons: promises, promises and thats all they were!!!
Sad to say but for Dock workers at Ward there are no real perks, No lunch/dinner break but you still get docked a half hour pay like you took one! NO over time pay,straight time no matter what. No paid days off no sick days. At least in the terminal I worked in there are no safety standards in place at all. Alot of promises but none come to reality.
if you have any self respect, stay away.
straight truck driver (Current Employee), bensalem, paJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: all the class b drivers talk about better places to work, so theres hope
Cons: terrible health insurance plans
Management could care less about people w/families. My wife went into labor so I called to tell the main manager I needed the day off and I was told that if I wanted to work there I would have to be there and I had to make a choice, I thought it was a joke .dispatchers text your cell phone while driving and get upset when you dont text them back (while you are driving).. they will keep u on the road until midnight because they dont pay overtime. You have to load your own truck before route, work 12 hrs on the road and then unload your truck while dodging unqualified forklift drivers. Very cheep they dont equip u with safe or proper equipment to perform your job and do not pay time and a half after 40hrs. Everybody is expendable, drivers come and go. A guy was fired when they accused him of not reporting an accident to the company, no police report, citation or any proof that an accident occurred just an anonymous email, a week before christmas. Most disrespectful and unprofessional management ive ever seen(only in movies).
Racist and treated unfairly.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), EastonJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: mon-fri
Cons: not provided proper equipment to get you job done safely.
I gave Ward my two week notice. They let me go with no notice due to lack of work their is no such thing as lack of work at ward trucking. They make so much by not paying drivers overtime. I was injured and the insurance company they use Sedgwick is very unprofessional and nasty like its your intention to get hurt. They will deny all your claims just so they don't have to pay. This company is very racist. A dispatcher position was available and 2 Latino 1 black and a white person with no knowledge in dispatching applied and the white person was picked for the job, mind you I have 10 years experience in dispatch but since am a Latino they went with a white person with no experience which was one of the requirements in the job description. They also send us minorities to locations where you need a bullet proof vest to make deliveries and pick ups, because shots are fired every night,its the ghetto, in these neighborhoods. Meanwhile the white drivers are in the suburbs eating at Wawa and Sheets enjoying the country scenery, with cows and deers. I would look the other way before working here NO OVERTIME! Expect to work 50 + hours a week or get FIRED!
o Forklift operator (Current Employee), Barkeyville, PAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: don't work weekends
Cons: split shift
It is a good work environment but wanting to get better hours.
Trucking
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 22, 2014
great place to work, pay and benefits are good. The people I worked with were laid back and easy to get along with and weren't afraid to help out. This is a job I really enjoy doing.
Lots of work and long hours
Loading Dock Worker (Former Employee), Harmarville, PAMay 27, 2014
Pros: decent pay, weekends off
Cons: long hours, miserable employees
I worked here as a casual dock worker during the summer of 2012. I enjoyed the money that I made, but hated the 12-14 hour shifts 5 days a week. Also, the other dock workers were miserable guys who hated anybody new.
verified
CDL-A DRIVER (Former Employee), Altoona, PAMay 19, 2014
Ward is a good company to work for. They have decent equipment and good home time.
family owned
Combination Driver-Dock Worker (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 22, 2014
great environment. good pay great benefits. management was good.
great people and company
Tow Motor Operator (Former Employee), Richfield, OHAugust 26, 2013
Loved working here. People are great, company treats employees well and take time to make sure you understand your job and duties.
Extremely disrespectful and does not care about you as a person
P/D Driver (Former Employee), Richfeild , OhioAugust 15, 2013
Pros: steady pay check if they need you.
Cons: very disrespectful longs hrs with no overtime pay.
This is by far the worst company I've ever been employed. They don't care about you as a person. A complete different set of rules for drivers versus everyone else. You're constantly talked down to and expected to operate at 150% at all times despite any unforeseen variables.

They have very high expectations with little or no support to achieve any these goals. They also offer some of the worst benefits available. Most list them as generic and you're lucky they pay anything.
Gain working experience in trucking industry
Yard-Jockey (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 29, 2013
Pros: my first trucking job
Cons: only part time hours not full time
Fueled and yard jockeyed trucks and trailers in the yard and assisted in the warehouse.
Learned how to fuel trucks,alley docked tractors and trailers to the loading docks.
Work with fellow co-workers in a team working atmosphere.
Having all the tractors fueled up before first shift drivers arrived to work.
Learning how to drive tractors.
LTL freight deliver
Freight Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Harmarville, PAApril 19, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: you live there no life
Really great job but, they keep you out to your full 14 to 16 hours rules all the time.
Christ, your always doing a 16 hour log for management.
Freight, well, it's job security but, your going to pay for it.

No life, you start at 7:30am and your leaving at 9pm and til you get home well, you should of pitched a tent there.
great place to work, with friendly people.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Camp Hill, PAMarch 26, 2013
Pros: work outside
Cons: worked nights
Loading and Unloading trucks was a typical day at Ward. All co-workers were hard working and easy to get along with. the most enjoyable part of the day was at rush hour.
Was Ok To Work For
Tow Motor Operator (Former Employee), Richfield, OHMarch 19, 2013
Pros: time went by quick
Cons: the dispatcher
typical day at ward trucking was getting on the tow motor and unlading one truck to the next. I learned how to drive a tow motor and drive a jockey truck to put in trailers in the dock spots. hardest part of the job was putting up with the dispatcher and the nicest part of the job was the breaks in between
UNFAIR MANAGERS AND RACISM PROTECTED HERE
Unfair Terminal Manager and Dock Manager (Current Employee), Bensalem PaFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: good pay good co-workers most of them
Cons: unfair treatment of employees racism is protected here
the Terminal manager here is Unfair he does not enforce the rules equally and upper managemnet is a joke they investigate your complaints of harrassment and tell you that you need to complain to the one whos harrassing you .then they ask you for info on the loads and you do as they ask and then they get rid of someone for doing what they asked him to do cause the Terminal Manager does not want to help us he just wants to make himself look good and if you stand up for safety he will get you fired i have witnessed this here and now we lost a guy who was very well liked and always here ontime everyday and even his customers are not happy its a case of injustice yu do not get a lunch yu have to eat while driving to make the pick ups and delivery they require and they change policies on a dime to fit the day at hand The Ward owners care nothing about their employees their MOTTO ITS NOT WHAT WARD CAN DO FOR YOU, BUT WHAT CAN YOU DO FOR WARD and after yu give and give they will wipe their feet on you as they walk over you managment is not held accountable for nothing here it all falls on the driver or dockmen even though the Terminal Manager forces you to do an unsafe act and something goes wrong its your fault not his he will write you up and if you refuse they will fire you for reusing work theres no win

I do like the idea there is work here everyday our equipment is poor and they really do not give you what you need to do the job its like pulling teeth to get the proper equipment
Very friendly client base
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Altoona, PAFebruary 14, 2013
Answered calls from customers to schedule pick-ups and perform rate quotes. Assist callers with all tracing of shipments and follow up calls to customers to assure that the highest quality of customer service was provided.
Learned patience and prioritizing calls.
Co-workers were very friendly and always willing to help.
Hardest part of the job was trying to keep irate customers, but very experienced with keeping a calming attitude and resolving the problem.
Enjoyed interaction with customers, dispatchers and co-workers and incentives from taking more calls as well as receiving good reviews from customers.
I didn't really like how they managed the company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Altoona, PAJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: i made new friends
Cons: i didn't like the company
The didn't have good trucks, the didn't have specific loads. ANd they didn't really have any good benefits.
I enjoyed working for this Company. It payed well and treated its employee's well.
Local P&D Driver (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 31, 2012
Pros: you had assigned tractors.
Cons: the amount of stops on the truck daily.
I worked day work, had an assigned route and tractor. The pay was good.
Fun atmosphere
Mail Sorter (Former Employee), Altoona, PAOctober 9, 2012
Learned the different dynamics and aspects of a trucking company.
Productive and Easy-Going Environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Easton, PAAugust 1, 2012
Pros: luch-break or rest stop at any time of your choosing.
Cons: no over-time, but management expected you to stay.
When starting ward trucking for the first time I was already previously experienced in the forklift driving field but the employees already working their had more tips and "tricks" on performing better everyday and didn't make it a nuisance as to tell you what to do. They were very polite and informative so as far as the team I worked with they were one of the best people I have worked with. And as far as the job it was fairly easy, I would unload freight trucks for most of the day and stage them in parts of the warehouse to which their destination would be for example if I removed four skids of auto parts that needed to be shipped out to new jersey I would stage them in front of the bay door that would be driving out to new jersey later on that same day. For the later parts of the day there was no more unloading, now was the time to load them into their correct freight trucks, which can get a little crazy with everyone whizzing by making sure they have all their freight but My team always worked coordinated and we helped each other out when one person seemed stuck or couldn't find their products for distribution. The management team was great for most of my time their they would hop on a forklift and get to work as well they didn't just watch us work, they worked too. But when a newer unexperienced manager came into play things went a bit haywire and the team effort seemed to be slowly diminishing due to poor leadership. The hardest part of the job was the lack of people at the job so those who were their were forced almost 12 to 14 hour days.

About Ward Trucking

Less-than-truckload (LTL) carrier Ward Trucking operates primarily in the northeastern and mid-Atlantic US. (LTL carriers consolidate – Read more