Ware Presbyterian Village Employee Reviews

Not a good experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oxford, PAJune 19, 2017
I no longer enjoy my job. Management is terrible, nobody is held accountable, under staffed, overworked. Scheduler is not doing her job correctly. Medication errors. Staff has attitudes due to being under staffed.
Cons
Little-no air conditioning, poor staffing
Save yourself the headache
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, PA 19363June 3, 2017
The place is constantly in trouble with the state and always getting inspected management stinks and play favoritism big time .in the year I worked there I saw 3 DONS quit or fired , 4 ADONS , 2 Adminstrators , and the head of the place quit . So there is constant rule changing etc always ahort staffed which means you can do a lot of overtime but you will be burned out and miserable . Most the staff on day shift work well together and most the nurses are nice 3-11not so much . It pays better then most places bc it's a not great place to work at
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Great Pay if willing to put the work effort in...
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, PAMarch 27, 2017
Honestly, This is my best C.N.A Job I ever had. They have great bonuses and the residence are very reasonable. Co-worker work towards completing their own work. The work load is heavy if you are working on dogwood, but if you are on any other unit work is easy. People call out a lot but that mean more overtime to me. If you work with the company they honestly will work with you.
Pros
The pay and bonuses
Cons
Heavy work load
Nice place to work but hr and management need to be a little more flexible
Cook (Former Employee) –  Oxford, PAJanuary 19, 2017
I worked for ware for over a year and I did not feel appreciated for the work I did for about two months I worked fourteen hours a day seven days a week after my mother became ill and a death of a family member I was terminated . I was the newest employee and I picked up more shifts than anyone there I was verbally and physically assaulted by an employee and nothing was ever done about it .HR has to do a better job at protecting and working with their employee's
Pros
Dealing with residents
Cons
Management does not have your best interest.
An alright place to work
CNA, Unit Clerk/Medical Records & Central Supply (Former Employee) –  Oxford, PA 19363February 26, 2016
Ware is an ok place to work, able to work as much as you would like. Pay was very good, Management changed a lot which made for some concerns
Its a nice place to work.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oxford, PAJanuary 25, 2016
Ware has gone through a lot of administration changes for over a year now. I live 45 minutes away from work and would like something closer.
Pros
I received great experience on all nursing skills.
Cons
Ware seems to go through alot of management and administration staff.
Busy Busy Busy
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Oxford, PAJanuary 27, 2015
One of the best things about employment at Ware is the amount of work that each day entails. Always having problems to solve, errands to run and people to facilitate makes the work day fly by and by days end, a feeling of a job well done is liable to overcome any good employee.
During meal times a dietary aide is expected to create meals for residents, serve the meals and assist in eating and personal preparation of food (cutting meat, thickening liquids, giving first aid when needed). During non-dining hours, the day consists of managing and dispersing dietary items to the nursing staff in the various wards of the community. The bulk of our responsibilities stem from interacting with the residents, taking the time to talk with them and figure out what they need in order to feel satisfied and comfortable. Cultivating a relationship with each resident is an important step in doing the job well and knowing the community that we serve. The nursing staff depends on the dining crew to convey information concerning the eating habits of various residents and to recommend what kind of diet and food items the resident or nurse may want to pursue.
This is a large facility with around 300 residents yet the ratio of staff to residents is a bit skewed. There should be more staff members on the floor at all times in able to accommodate our growing community. Because of this shortage, many workers who have been here a long time start to feel resentful and seem to be unwilling to change their work habits and pick up new responsibilities. Many of my co-workers are afflicted
  more... with this work ethic and do not share the same enthusiasm for the job as others (including myself). This creates an uneven work load in which a few select employees end up doing the majority of the work while others are content to simply coast through their responsibilities (often relying on others to pick up the slack.)
This lackadaisical work ethic is toxic in an environment that is operating twenty-four hours a day yet there are employees at Ware that help to make up for the gap created by some of the less enthusiastic staff members. But, if you are a worker who thrives on being busy and expanding their work duties (like myself), Ware is the kind of place that can teach many new skills to those who are ready to learn. Overall, the interactions with the residents and the nursing staff (many of whom consistently impress with their knowledge and breadth of their compassion) make for an overall rewarding work experience.
Pros
Interacting with Residents from all walks of life, decent food always available at little or no cost, lots of overtime available.
Cons
Unenthusiastic work staff, cleanliness needs to become a bigger priority, administration that doesn't have a firm grasp of how the community operates
Rewarding place to work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Oxford, PAMarch 25, 2014
A typical day at work included meal services to the residents who called Ware Presbyterian Village their home. I was responsible for maintaining a healthy productive relationship with these residents and making sure that they looked forward to coming in for their meal. The hardest part of this job is the reality that some residents will pass away, and the most enjoyable part is the rewarding feeling you get from knowing you helped brighten someone's day.
Pros
Always room for overtime
Cons
Unreliable co-workers
exciting place to work .its like one big family under the roof
special projects (Former Employee) –  Oxford, PADecember 20, 2013
nice place to work for.management always had time for there employees.and i enjoyed talking to the clients as well at the facility
Pros
free dinner
Cons
3 breaks a day
Lpn
LPN (Former Employee) –  Oxford, PANovember 27, 2012
Management not very considerate of employees working long hours with short staff knowing that this is why mistakes happen. I learned alot at Ware and enjoyed working with the team on my unit. Hardest part of job was working 8 to 10 hours straight with team leaders from other carts being able to sit, laugh and joke while sitting around the nursing desk. Most enjoyabe part of job was being with the residents and enjoying being able to see their smiles and apprecition.
Pros
good enviroment and setting
Cons
most management making comments about people working when they think they should retire

Want to know more about Ware Presbyterian Village?

Ask a question
Great Facility
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oxford, OHMay 26, 2012
Great facility, very clean and inviting. Co workers are friendly and hard workers. I loved working there
Enjoyable environment
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Oxford PAMarch 21, 2012
Most PCAs care and the residents are fun to be around and grateful for all you do
Wonderful place to work!
Interim Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Pa.March 12, 2012
Caring, wonderful employees with a good work ethic...very caring & responsible. Upper management are very much in tune with the pulse of the building...very good to their employees. Beautiful country setting and clean, aesthetically appealing building.
Pros
caring employees, many with significant longevity, good staffing ratios, beautiful setting, clean