Warehouse Demo Services Employee Reviews

only work for them if your retired
sales/sample preparer (Former Employee), lodi,caAugust 19, 2015
Pros: your never hungry at lunch
Cons: the managers are rude
most of the people were nice but there is no room for advancement and the only time you get hours is durring the holidays. this job is not good for someone that needs to care for a family.
Productive, you meet tons of people
Sales Man, WDS (Former Employee), Marina del Rey, CAJuly 25, 2015
Pros: 30 mins lunch, Free sample foods
Cons: Part time
Its a good place to work at as for your first job, you can build a lot of customer service and patience. Meet a lot of people who can give you positive vibe .
Enjoyable fun place to work at
Demonstration Sales (Former Employee), Laguna NigelFebruary 4, 2015
Check what I will be preparing for samples, set up my tables, start cooking and start serving and speak loud of what I'm demoying.
Hardest part of job is not knowing how to cook the product. Most of all enjoyable part was I made food, serve to customers have them buy the product and them to enjoy with their family.
lots of customers busy
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: lots of food
Cons: health care
best part of this job was that there was a lot of food and people from different ethnicity and cultural backgrounds the hours were very flexible which allowed me attend school part time
Hard job to do.
Demonstrator (Former Employee), Reno, NVJanuary 9, 2015
Did not like standing in one place for 9 hours a day. Other than that the job was very easy and can be fun to do while interacting with customers.
fun work place
Helped supervisor and other coworkers (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAOctober 21, 2014
fun place to work but at the time I was there the management needed some work they kept changing the rules daily
Typical day
Sales specialist (Former Employee), Lodi, CAOctober 11, 2014
A typical day at CDS i would get to costco 10 minutes before my shift started. go in to the office for a quick safety meeting and also id find out what i was going to do for the day. Every day i'd get – more... a different sample and i'd prepare the sample if it needed to be cooked. Every 30 minutes i would clean my demo table sweep around the demo table and take my gloves off. Continuously having samples for the customer. – less
Exellent part-time job
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee), Sparks, NVSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: schedules, pay, co-workers, supervisor
Very good part-time job with flexible work schedule. Had an excellent teacher/supervisor. Was a pleasure to work for. She was demanding and fair. One of the top producing Costco Warehouse stores in the San Francisco District. Very strict on health and safety compliance.
Enjoyed my job
Office Supervisor (Former Employee), Kirkland, WAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: superviosr bonus
Cons: had to work weekends
I would check inventory daily using computer this would be to make sure enough product was available for sale. I trained, and managed a staff of 45 employees., Worked with department managers, and employees to insure high sales. I really enjoyed helping customers with product info, and working independently. Always encouraged high sales of product.
Alright Job
Demonstrator (Former Employee), Folsom, CaFebruary 5, 2014
Demonstrating products such as food for consumers in order to promote sales.
I had a job
Demonstrator (Former Employee), San City, CAFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: sometimes we got free lunch
Cons: no benefits and only allow you to work part time
I learned a lot about different products. Management was not the best when dealing with curtain situations. Some co-workers were great, as for others where not able to work well with others. The hardest part of the job was trying to sell a product that not very many people like. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about new products and meeting new people.
friendly environment
Lead Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 24, 2014
interact with customers on a daily basis, fun and exciting to work
Fun place to work
Demo Clerk (Current Employee), Salinas, CAJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: free samples
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at work for me is, preparing food for warehouse members to taste. Get my station set up, and making sure area is well clean. I offer samples to members and explain in detail what the product – more... is, as well as the price, quantity, quality, & nutrition. I have learned a lot about sales while performing at this job. All Management are awesome and easy to get along with, as well as all my co-workers. They are all a great group to be working with. The hardest part of the job would be, tasting some of the foods I don't like in order to give my opinion to our members. The most enjoyable part of the job would be meeting new people, working with the public, and being able to always stay busy. – less
Fun co-workers
Demonstrator/lead (Former Employee), Simi Valley, CADecember 2, 2013
Work hard and get noticed, nicest co-workers, great for someone that is ok with working little days and hours.
Not a fun place to work at all!
Food Demonstrator (Current Employee), Burbank, CAOctober 27, 2013
Cons: short breaks, no health care, no room for progress
Hours are long and hard. The members are always right so anything you say is used against you, never hear your side of the story. A lot of drama within co-workers including the Costco workers. Hardest part of the job keeping up with the people they eat the food so fast. There is no enjoyable part of the job.
great way to try out new products
clean and welcoming environment, and assist (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAJuly 17, 2013
Pros: get to try new products, friendly co workers, hard work pays off, excellent pay
Cons: no room for advancement, shifts are in middle of day, rude customers
friendly co workers, great management, great way to discover new products and their uses, excellent pay for little work, always keeping busy
Basic case of Cut Throat
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee), Hayward, CAJuly 8, 2013
Company gave hours to the older retired people who worked as a part time job first.
best ample samples to try
Demonstrator (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 6, 2013
friendly environment to work in. always had knowledge of newest products on shelves.
Good job to learn about sales and approaching customers.
(WDS), Lead (Former Employee), Orem, Utah Costco WarehouseJuly 5, 2013
Pros: working with people from all walks of life. wage is very good.
Cons: standing all of your shift.
I liked the people that worked there. I got to advance very quickly. I learned a lot about management and how to take care of others' needs. I enjoyed working with Costco employees. The job included: paperwork – more... for the daily demos, rating demonstrators, buying product and or returning product for the daily demos, being the go-between WDS and Costco, training new employees, performing audits for corporate interests, setting up roadshows and special displays, scheduling people, settling employee issues, using the Costco computer system to test employees for the food safety test yearly, gathering reports from Costco computers for paperwork, helping the supervisor with anything. – less
W D S is a product demonstration company for Costco warehouses.
(WDS), Lead (Former Employee), Orem, UtahJune 19, 2013
Pros: i learned a lot about management and food safety from w d s. i loved working with a team.
Cons: difficult scheduling, very physical work
At W D S, demonstrators exhibit and sample products within Costco warehouses. They are expected to get a food handler's permit and take the Costco Food Safety Test for demonstrators. They are expected – more... to maintain cleanliness in their demos and in the back room. Sales and customer service are heavy demands.

A Lead at W D S is a supervisory position and therefore requires taking care of the daily demos and paperwork. Leads are the people who take care of extra audits and responsibilities that the supervisor needs. Set up, scheduling, and dispute resolution from employees, Costco members and staff are duties that may be assigned. A relationship with Costco has to be maintained. Purchasing product to demo, and delivering it to demonstrators is required. – less