Warehouse Demo Services Employee Reviews

Fun
Demo server (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAOctober 11, 2016
Working for Warehouse Demo Services was an exciting job, I got to meet new people everyday and received praise for work that was well done
Fun learning experience for customer service and retail skils
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAOctober 26, 2015
Responsible for setting up for product demonstrations (food and beverage, clothing, pharmacuticals, etc.)
Allow members to sample the newest products availible for purchase
Provide members with excellent customer service
Organize back inventory for following day
Assist Shift Lead with purchase of product needed daily
A job with quite an audience
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Canyon Country, CAAugust 24, 2015
The job entails that you provide samples of the product you are given. you are then supposed to persuade the guest to take it home with them so they could enjoy it with their family. I've learned that i can be pretty persuasive and that I can be a great sales person. Management can be corrected as there is always problems with the tasks given or that they hardly come out on to the floor to check on how we are doing. My coworkers are very sweet for the most part, they are quite wise in providing guidance but there are a few that I feel who try to worm their way into the good graces of management. They would be given extra days to work or given more work to do. And that management only promote those they favor than others who actually want to be promoted. Hardest part of the job is standing for 6 hours on concrete floors. Best part of the job is interacting with members and learning a little about them.
Pros
pay
Cons
no advancement, no full time, no benefits, and no raises
only work for them if your retired
sales/sample preparer (Former Employee) –  lodi,caAugust 19, 2015
most of the people were nice but there is no room for advancement and the only time you get hours is durring the holidays. this job is not good for someone that needs to care for a family.
Pros
your never hungry at lunch
Cons
the managers are rude
Productive, you meet tons of people
Sales Man, WDS (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAJuly 25, 2015
Its a good place to work at as for your first job, you can build a lot of customer service and patience. Meet a lot of people who can give you positive vibe .
Pros
30 mins lunch, Free sample foods
Cons
Part time
Enjoyable fun place to work at
Demonstration Sales (Former Employee) –  Laguna NigelFebruary 4, 2015
Check what I will be preparing for samples, set up my tables, start cooking and start serving and speak loud of what I'm demoying.
Hardest part of job is not knowing how to cook the product. Most of all enjoyable part was I made food, serve to customers have them buy the product and them to enjoy with their family.
lots of customers busy
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJanuary 14, 2015
best part of this job was that there was a lot of food and people from different ethnicity and cultural backgrounds the hours were very flexible which allowed me attend school part time
Pros
lots of food
Cons
health care
Hard job to do.
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 9, 2015
Did not like standing in one place for 9 hours a day. Other than that the job was very easy and can be fun to do while interacting with customers.
fun work place
Helped supervisor and other coworkers (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 21, 2014
fun place to work but at the time I was there the management needed some work they kept changing the rules daily
Typical day
Sales specialist (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CAOctober 11, 2014
A typical day at CDS i would get to costco 10 minutes before my shift started. go in to the office for a quick safety meeting and also id find out what i was going to do for the day. Every day i'd get a different sample and i'd prepare the sample if it needed to be cooked. Every 30 minutes i would clean my demo table sweep around the demo table and take my gloves off. Continuously having samples for the customer.
Exellent part-time job
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVSeptember 5, 2014
Very good part-time job with flexible work schedule. Had an excellent teacher/supervisor. Was a pleasure to work for. She was demanding and fair. One of the top producing Costco Warehouse stores in the San Francisco District. Very strict on health and safety compliance.
Pros
Schedules, pay, co-workers, supervisor
Enjoyed my job
Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAMarch 31, 2014
I would check inventory daily using computer this would be to make sure enough product was available for sale. I trained, and managed a staff of 45 employees., Worked with department managers, and employees to insure high sales. I really enjoyed helping customers with product info, and working independently. Always encouraged high sales of product.
Pros
Superviosr bonus
Cons
Had to work weekends
Alright Job
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CaFebruary 5, 2014
Demonstrating products such as food for consumers in order to promote sales.
I had a job
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  San City, CAFebruary 3, 2014
I learned a lot about different products. Management was not the best when dealing with curtain situations. Some co-workers were great, as for others where not able to work well with others. The hardest part of the job was trying to sell a product that not very many people like. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about new products and meeting new people.
Pros
Sometimes we got free lunch
Cons
No benefits and only allow you to work part time
friendly environment
Lead Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 24, 2014
interact with customers on a daily basis, fun and exciting to work
Fun place to work
Demo Clerk (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAJanuary 9, 2014
A typical day at work for me is, preparing food for warehouse members to taste. Get my station set up, and making sure area is well clean. I offer samples to members and explain in detail what the product is, as well as the price, quantity, quality, & nutrition. I have learned a lot about sales while performing at this job. All Management are awesome and easy to get along with, as well as all my co-workers. They are all a great group to be working with. The hardest part of the job would be, tasting some of the foods I don't like in order to give my opinion to our members. The most enjoyable part of the job would be meeting new people, working with the public, and being able to always stay busy.
Pros
free samples
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun co-workers
Demonstrator/lead (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CADecember 2, 2013
Work hard and get noticed, nicest co-workers, great for someone that is ok with working little days and hours.
Not a fun place to work at all!
Food Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 27, 2013
Hours are long and hard. The members are always right so anything you say is used against you, never hear your side of the story. A lot of drama within co-workers including the Costco workers. Hardest part of the job keeping up with the people they eat the food so fast. There is no enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, no health care, no room for progress
great way to try out new products
clean and welcoming environment, and assist (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJuly 17, 2013
friendly co workers, great management, great way to discover new products and their uses, excellent pay for little work, always keeping busy
Pros
get to try new products, friendly co workers, hard work pays off, excellent pay
Cons
no room for advancement, shifts are in middle of day, rude customers
Basic case of Cut Throat
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 8, 2013
Company gave hours to the older retired people who worked as a part time job first.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Warehouse Demo Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4