Warehouse Demo Services Employee Reviews

See several different types of people
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTAugust 17, 2017
Set up cart in area where sample was to be given. The hardest part was keeping enough product on hand to use as samples. Enjoyed friendships made with coworkers.
Pros
great part time job
Cons
schedule, weekly hours worked
productive and fun workplace
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Hawai‘i Kai, HIJuly 9, 2017
alot of customers never boring or dull I always looked forward to going to work pay was amazing and still is with benefits all around great work culture
Pros
discount, benefits, experience, pay
High energy environment
En-ovation (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJune 9, 2017
Working at dollar teee was cool we was able to unload the box and get first pick on things before the hit shelves and they had so much stuff to buy for a dollar that store is amazing I actually like working there I just didn't like when stuff get out of stock and the customers get upset
Great place in the Warrenton Costco
Sales Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WA 98033May 23, 2017
The job at Costco in Warrenton OR was great the manager was very instructive, supportive and helpful. The co'workers were all very nice and helpful.

I loved working here. Left because we moved back to WI
Pros
Great food samples
Cons
there weren't any
It was fun!
Product Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAMay 17, 2017
Management was fun. This was my first job and I was 18. I lived right around the corner from the job, maybe 10 minutes away. 15 tops if you include the school or possibly any other traffic. The job had a nice atmosphere to it and I'm glad i got to enjoy it as my first job.
Pros
Everything!
Cons
N/a
fun
Customer Demo Service (Current Employee) –  City Industry, CAMay 12, 2017
preparing myself and making sure i have all i need, reviewing the product that im going to demo. Learn how to deal with different kinds of people. Management is good and always updating us on what we need or if we are doing good/ok. Workplace culture is always clean and we have to maintain it too. hardest part of the job? maybe when sometimes a customer ask a question that i don't know the answer or the info that i have about the product is limited. most enjoyable is i get a chance to talk to different people wit different culture and belief and meet new friends.
Cons
no benefits
Easy work that is perfect for the elderly.
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 11, 2017
This company is a great temporary in-between job that will pay enough to cover your cell-phone bill. This is perfect for senior citizens who are too bored of retirement in their rocker.
Pros
Keeps you busy for minutes upon minutes and allows a lot of free time with the family.
Cons
Does not provide enough hours for a living, Too much standing for those who don't like standing too much.
productive work inviroment.
Demo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, WAMarch 15, 2017
Using my interpersonal skills, customer skills, in were essential to my position. Provided Demonstrations of products in Costco stores in a welcoming atmosphere to customers.
Sales Oriented and friendly environment.
Sales Representative and Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJanuary 27, 2017
Work was heavily weighted on the Sales Representative making his or her quota for the day. The most important thing I learned was how to be a great salesman and spokesperson all while being a people person and satisfying the customers needs before your own.
Pros
Free Lunch during lunch or break.
Cons
Breaks weren't consistent.
Fun
Demo server (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAOctober 11, 2016
Working for Warehouse Demo Services was an exciting job, I got to meet new people everyday and received praise for work that was well done
A Fun place to work , test and sample food and product items
Supervisor-Demo (Former Employee) –  Iwilei, HIJune 27, 2016
Typical day at work- sometimes slow meaning no customers but you can always review your demos for the next work day

Learn that not all food products are as healthy as they say they are
example: high sodium intake versus low in Carbohydrates

Management was pretty much supportive

Co-workers were funny, easy to get along with, always made your day interesting

Hardest part of the job was when Costch was out of product, and we couldn't demo that item

Most enjoyable part of the job was being yourself, but of course in a professional way
Pros
meeting and mingling with the customers, knowing the customers likes and dislikes
Cons
Just a Thank-You from the Customer and appreciating them in return
Fun learning experience for customer service and retail skils
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAOctober 26, 2015
Responsible for setting up for product demonstrations (food and beverage, clothing, pharmacuticals, etc.)
Allow members to sample the newest products availible for purchase
Provide members with excellent customer service
Organize back inventory for following day
Assist Shift Lead with purchase of product needed daily
A job with quite an audience
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Canyon Country, CAAugust 24, 2015
The job entails that you provide samples of the product you are given. you are then supposed to persuade the guest to take it home with them so they could enjoy it with their family. I've learned that i can be pretty persuasive and that I can be a great sales person. Management can be corrected as there is always problems with the tasks given or that they hardly come out on to the floor to check on how we are doing. My coworkers are very sweet for the most part, they are quite wise in providing guidance but there are a few that I feel who try to worm their way into the good graces of management. They would be given extra days to work or given more work to do. And that management only promote those they favor than others who actually want to be promoted. Hardest part of the job is standing for 6 hours on concrete floors. Best part of the job is interacting with members and learning a little about them.
Pros
pay
Cons
no advancement, no full time, no benefits, and no raises
only work for them if your retired
sales/sample preparer (Former Employee) –  lodi,caAugust 19, 2015
most of the people were nice but there is no room for advancement and the only time you get hours is durring the holidays. this job is not good for someone that needs to care for a family.
Pros
your never hungry at lunch
Cons
the managers are rude
Productive, you meet tons of people
Sales Man, WDS (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAJuly 25, 2015
Its a good place to work at as for your first job, you can build a lot of customer service and patience. Meet a lot of people who can give you positive vibe .
Pros
30 mins lunch, Free sample foods
Cons
Part time
Enjoyable fun place to work at
Demonstration Sales (Former Employee) –  Laguna NigelFebruary 4, 2015
Check what I will be preparing for samples, set up my tables, start cooking and start serving and speak loud of what I'm demoying.
Hardest part of job is not knowing how to cook the product. Most of all enjoyable part was I made food, serve to customers have them buy the product and them to enjoy with their family.
lots of customers busy
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJanuary 14, 2015
best part of this job was that there was a lot of food and people from different ethnicity and cultural backgrounds the hours were very flexible which allowed me attend school part time
Pros
lots of food
Cons
health care
Hard job to do.
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 9, 2015
Did not like standing in one place for 9 hours a day. Other than that the job was very easy and can be fun to do while interacting with customers.
fun work place
Helped supervisor and other coworkers (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 21, 2014
fun place to work but at the time I was there the management needed some work they kept changing the rules daily
Typical day
Sales specialist (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CAOctober 11, 2014
A typical day at CDS i would get to costco 10 minutes before my shift started. go in to the office for a quick safety meeting and also id find out what i was going to do for the day. Every day i'd get a different sample and i'd prepare the sample if it needed to be cooked. Every 30 minutes i would clean my demo table sweep around the demo table and take my gloves off. Continuously having samples for the customer.