Wargaming.net Employee Reviews

Wargaming
Events Manager (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAJanuary 30, 2018
A great place to get your foot in the door in gaming. Was below the ranks and now run a department which the skills can translate to so much which I appreciate.
It was good
Software Tester (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 9, 2017
I had got to learn a bit more about game development. this was my first job and it was fun. I mostly did a telecommute for work. The management was great at telling me what I needed to know before I started my day. Being able to see a blank screen turn into a working map in a game was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Professional Yet Relaxed Work Atmosphere
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 7, 2017
Fair compensation, Awesome people, good work-life balance. I will be sad to leave this place behind, and will always fondly remember my time spent working here.
Could be worse
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CADecember 4, 2013
Managers were overwhelmingly incompetent and untrustworthy. One lead would often campaign their employees to submarine other leads via Human Resources.

Communication between departments is barely functional. Community department often makes errors that are published live on the website for public consumption on a weekly basis that other departments are then required to clean up. People are rarely held accountable for inferior work and lazy employees are promoted due to a culture of no accountability and back-room deals. Conversations that are held under the guise of a private 1-on-1 are then told to colleagues and used against you. You can not trust anyone here.

The product(World of Tanks) itself is sub-par and support from HQ overseas is not given in a timely manner. The pay is well below industry standards yet leads will try and sell you on the fact that you are well paid, despite obvious contradictory facts.

Although a gaming company, you are not allowed to play any other games at any time. There are no gaming system perks or fun.

Do not work here unless you plan to temporarily. More than 20 people have quit or been fired since Jan 2013, nearly a third of the office.
Pros
Beer fridays, some employees
Cons
Pretty much everything else