Warn Industries Employee Reviews

Great company with great opportunities
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORJuly 3, 2017
clock in, forklift check list, start supplying work areas with product for manufacturing. I learned that it takes a complete team to get your job done right. management team was very strong they always cared about the employee and the working conditions. the hardest part was trying to take care of all the different teams and their needs. the most enjoyable part was working with awesome people.
Pros
very generous bonus once a year
Cons
could never fill all the job openings
Bad company to work for
Production/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORJune 24, 2017
Day starts with no supervisor, lazy people, everyone's out for themselves.
Learned to make winches on very outdated, often broken down equipment.
Management cares nothing about workers.
Culture is that of pretending to be friendly then stabbing others in the back.
Long work hours, very low, non-competitive pay.
Pros
Free fruit on Wed
Cons
Very low pay, uncaring management
Struggling to Compete with Global Manufacturing
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORJune 17, 2017
Their product is exactly what overseas companies can do very efficiently which puts them in a constant struggle to cut costs. Very high overhead kills their margins and stresses the entire company to the limit. Find a company that make a product which has a future.
Pros
Cons
Mandatory overtime for salaried employees, micromanaging, verbal abuse, and overtaxed workforce.
Ok place to work for machinists
Machinist II (Current Employee) –  Clackamas, ORJune 11, 2017
If you're a machinist, it's a pretty good place to work with a good boss, opportunity for OT and cross training.
If you're an assembler, it's not as good a place to work. Minimal opportunity for advancment.
Pros
Big discount on products, 10 paid holidays off/year, lots of OT, 3 weeks of PTO
Cons
assembly management
A great place to work and room to move up.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORApril 5, 2017
I enjoyed working there at Warn. I learned some new things and also was able to use some skills I had already picked up elsewhere. The company was clean and organized. A nice place to work.
No growth, poor managment
Assembler 3 Team Coordinator - I lead (Current Employee) –  Clackamas, ORMarch 13, 2017
Poor management communication with employees. No action for good work flow causing injuries on assembly line. I see no growth for me to move up within the company.
Good entry-level manufacturing job
Machinist II (Former Employee) –  MilwaukieJanuary 9, 2017
If there is one bright spot in this company it's the people on the floor working. That being said the bad out weights the good in this case. The majority of the management has never once stepped or should I say worked in a manufacturing environment, they only understand what looks good on paper. It's very sad to say I can't recommend a place where the floor people are so amazing because the big wigs just take all the positive out of this place. The fact that all the senior employees tell all of the younger machinist to get experience and move on tells you alot. Wages are decent if you can make it to the high end of your pay scale (IF). For a person who wants a temporary or a job for a couple years for experience go for it but Don't get evolved with the ohh so big world of Warn politics and enjoy the wonderful people who are on the floor working.
Pros
Amazing co-workers
Cons
Very poor management
Manufacturing Engineer
Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORDecember 19, 2016
Company recently performed a mass (and very unexpected) layoff this mid-October and other employee's are jumping ship due to the treatment of employee's by management. Machines are run to fail making impossible for underpaid machinists to meet production numbers. Warn is owned and run by a conglomerate company Dover who has inserted their people into all levels of management without regard for it's people.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Narcasistic management
Good work, hard hours
Assembler II (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, OR 97222October 28, 2016
I loved this job, I loved learning a new field. It was such a good learning experience, I loved learning to train, and how a manufacturing company runs. It was hard because they had some impossible numbers expected, and machines were unable to achieve such goals. Which meant we had mandatory overtime all the time. It made it difficult to balance family and work.
Fast paced but with no real training or direction
Test technician (Current Employee) –  Milwaukie, OROctober 26, 2016
It's an okay place to work. The people are friendly but the wage is not competitive and direction is lacking from management. With a bit more direction and focus, it would be a much better place.
Pros
People
Cons
Wage
warn industries
Assembler III Cell Lead (Current Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORAugust 7, 2016
I enjoy working for warn. They are a devoted company to the people and the community. There is some growth potentials. I love that my area has went to ten hour shifts. My typical day would be doing TPMs getting the auto line running. Setting the schedule for were I want people to work for the first couple of hours. I check to see what needs to be built for the day and I start setting up carts before the people show up to work. I do audits through out the day and communicate to the people what I need done as far as carriers built and what I need stuffed. At the end of the day I feel out the scrap sheet and pass down sheet, add up the total of housing stuffed for the day. Then I go around and make sure that everything is cleaned and restocked before allowing people to leave. The hardest part of my job is having to ask someone to please pick up there speed or to limit the talking if they can't talk and work at the same time. Stuffing carriers and running the auto line.
Pros
love the work
Cons
don't always like the attitudes of some of the people
it was fun cause everyone got along.
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  portland orDecember 8, 2014
show up at 5:30 am make replnish til 9am then drive forklift put away stock until 8:00pm. Learn how to run jd/edwards program.Management would list any complaints, coworkers all got along, the long hours seeing the merchandise go on trucks.
Pros
once month free pizza
Cons
If Mike Warn still owned it, I would still be there.
Production/Assembly/Material Handler/Machinist (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORMarch 5, 2014
For years, this was my dream job.

Mike Warn was an incredible business owner. He always pushed people to be more than what they saw as their limitations.
Pros
Great pay. Great benefits. A great day's work.
Cons
The new ownership destroyed the quality of life there.
politly don,t do it you will get more frustrated than rich
machinist (Former Employee) –  clackamasJanuary 9, 2014
There is a major disconnect between management and floor production. Mostly democratic and waste more time talking then doing. Lots of favoritism with in the company IE Family or Freind
if outsider tough to advance there way or no way no commensence.
pay scale has not been adjusted to the current times in 7 years, and they always will start you low ball you on your skills.
Pros
good vacation time off
Cons
managment, pay scale, no advancement
Managment Issues
Machinist, Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORNovember 1, 2013
If you enjoy working hard and taking a 3 to 5 percent pay decrease because they didn't make enough profit, watch your health benefits go away to HIGH deductible plans, along with taking your BMI, Cholesterol, blood pressure, weight and not being able to smoke without paying higher health premiums if you don't pass there tests, see your retirement benefits be taken away because they didn't make enough profit, then this is the place for you. Most people there are temporary workers now, the long time employees are all leaving because to the new culture there, its sad because this was such a good place to work before. I have not seen a raise in years, and there is no upward mobility you get stuck in your position.
Pros
you get free fruit every other week.
Cons
air quality is bad, pay, benefits
Machinist II (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORApril 24, 2013
Great team and family atmosphere. Family is very important to this organization, very team oriented.
Pros
great employees, management is very approachable
Cons
medical is mediocre, pay is a little low
You learn a lot...
Assembler I (Former Employee) –  ClackamasMarch 25, 2013
This company does demand a lot out of their employees. The compensation could be better - on average most employees have not seen a raise in 3 + years.
Pros
employees are great people to work with
Cons
atmosphere could be better
typical warehouse environment
Assembly Lead (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORJanuary 7, 2013
Very diverse workforce that gets along very well. Very early hours.
This is where I learned export business
Export Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 19, 2012
Enjoyed the challenges of learning the export business. The company transferred me from the Seattle area to Portland.
Pros
close to home. enjoyed learning the ropes.
Cons
no advancement
Great company to work for!
Administrative Support/ Buyer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORJune 14, 2012
The work life balance is great at this company. Started out as a Mom and Pop company and stayed in the family throughout 3 generations, even though now it is part of the Dover Corporation, when I left the company it still held on to its value systems. Many of its employees stay with the company for 30+ years. The only down fall here is somewhat lack luster advancement and the pay is low, this is typically made up for by it great benefits, one of which is the education reimbursement program which helped me go back to school and get my degree. The company also has a great presence in the community with the employee ran Warn Employee Community Impact Project.