Warn Industries Employee Reviews

Fast paced but with no real training or direction
Test technician (Current Employee) –  Milwaukie, OROctober 26, 2016
It's an okay place to work. The people are friendly but the wage is not competitive and direction is lacking from management. With a bit more direction and focus, it would be a much better place.
Pros
People
Cons
Wage
warn industries
Assembler III Cell Lead (Current Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORAugust 7, 2016
I enjoy working for warn. They are a devoted company to the people and the community. There is some growth potentials. I love that my area has went to ten hour shifts. My typical day would be doing TPMs getting the auto line running. Setting the schedule for were I want people to work for the first couple of hours. I check to see what needs to be built for the day and I start setting up carts before the people show up to work. I do audits through out the day and communicate to the people what I need done as far as carriers built and what I need stuffed. At the end of the day I feel out the scrap sheet and pass down sheet, add up the total of housing stuffed for the day. Then I go around and make sure that everything is cleaned and restocked before allowing people to leave. The hardest part of my job is having to ask someone to please pick up there speed or to limit the talking if they can't talk and work at the same time. Stuffing carriers and running the auto line.
Pros
love the work
Cons
don't always like the attitudes of some of the people
it was fun cause everyone got along.
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  portland orDecember 8, 2014
show up at 5:30 am make replnish til 9am then drive forklift put away stock until 8:00pm. Learn how to run jd/edwards program.Management would list any complaints, coworkers all got along, the long hours seeing the merchandise go on trucks.
Pros
once month free pizza
Cons
If Mike Warn still owned it, I would still be there.
Production/Assembly/Material Handler/Machinist (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORMarch 5, 2014
For years, this was my dream job.

Mike Warn was an incredible business owner. He always pushed people to be more than what they saw as their limitations.
Pros
Great pay. Great benefits. A great day's work.
Cons
The new ownership destroyed the quality of life there.
politly don,t do it you will get more frustrated than rich
machinist (Former Employee) –  clackamasJanuary 9, 2014
There is a major disconnect between management and floor production. Mostly democratic and waste more time talking then doing. Lots of favoritism with in the company IE Family or Freind
if outsider tough to advance there way or no way no commensence.
pay scale has not been adjusted to the current times in 7 years, and they always will start you low ball you on your skills.
Pros
good vacation time off
Cons
managment, pay scale, no advancement
Managment Issues
Machinist, Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORNovember 1, 2013
If you enjoy working hard and taking a 3 to 5 percent pay decrease because they didn't make enough profit, watch your health benefits go away to HIGH deductible plans, along with taking your BMI, Cholesterol, blood pressure, weight and not being able to smoke without paying higher health premiums if you don't pass there tests, see your retirement benefits be taken away because they didn't make enough profit, then this is the place for you. Most people there are temporary workers now, the long time employees are all leaving because to the new culture there, its sad because this was such a good place to work before. I have not seen a raise in years, and there is no upward mobility you get stuck in your position.
Pros
you get free fruit every other week.
Cons
air quality is bad, pay, benefits
Machinist II (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORApril 24, 2013
Great team and family atmosphere. Family is very important to this organization, very team oriented.
Pros
great employees, management is very approachable
Cons
medical is mediocre, pay is a little low
You learn a lot...
Assembler I (Former Employee) –  ClackamasMarch 25, 2013
This company does demand a lot out of their employees. The compensation could be better - on average most employees have not seen a raise in 3 + years.
Pros
employees are great people to work with
Cons
atmosphere could be better
typical warehouse environment
Assembly Lead (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORJanuary 7, 2013
Very diverse workforce that gets along very well. Very early hours.
This is where I learned export business
Export Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 19, 2012
Enjoyed the challenges of learning the export business. The company transferred me from the Seattle area to Portland.
Pros
close to home. enjoyed learning the ropes.
Cons
no advancement
Great company to work for!
Administrative Support/ Buyer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORJune 14, 2012
The work life balance is great at this company. Started out as a Mom and Pop company and stayed in the family throughout 3 generations, even though now it is part of the Dover Corporation, when I left the company it still held on to its value systems. Many of its employees stay with the company for 30+ years. The only down fall here is somewhat lack luster advancement and the pay is low, this is typically made up for by it great benefits, one of which is the education reimbursement program which helped me go back to school and get my degree. The company also has a great presence in the community with the employee ran Warn Employee Community Impact Project.
Great Culture and People
Contract 1 Engineer (MECOP) (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORApril 14, 2012
Warn is great because everyone works hard and helps each other out. The work is hard but it is rewarding.

2.6