Warner Music Group Employee Reviews

Great people but could work on Management for Studios.
Music Director (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 6, 2017
Enjoy working with the people at the label. The studios need better in-house management. Current Studio managers aren't as responsive as they should be.
An office with that sets high importance on work/life balance
Digital Accounts & Revenue Development (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2017
The overall atmosphere at the office is great. Work/life balance is of high importance to the company. Easy-going but highly motivated individuals who are pushing to keep the music industry alive and well. Focusing on all opportunities that involve music at the center of distribution at Warner Music.
Pros
Work/life balance lifestyle
Minimal hours but great experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2017
I was given great hands on experience and learned a lot in digital management, even without prior experience or knowledge. I genuinely felt involved and contributed a lot during the short time of my internship.
Project Management Agile Software Development
Global Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 9, 2016
Experienced Project Manager with over 6 years experience using Agile methodology. Scrum Master Certified using JIRA and Confluence
I have built and delivered multiple business and consumer facing Enterprise systems and B2B websites
Flexibility in work hours and very friendly environment
Sr. AP Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 25, 2016
WMG used to be a cool place to work.
Happy environment except for the very high politics in upper management. Too many senior and managers are getting hired instead of giving the chance for other employees who worked so hard.
Co-workers are all awesome.
Acknowledgement on your achievements is all you will get for walking an extra mile for the company.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
You work while you're having our lunch due to workload
Serious yet fun work environment
International Repertoire Initiative Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 27, 2016
A typical day at work at Warner Music Group is coming in with full enthusiasm to get work done, yet enjoy the day as well.
A lunch break was always encouraged- to clear our minds and improve brain power.
The team I worked with always helped me if I had any questions and never gave me a task without explaining it first.
My boss made sure the internship was just as much of a learning experience as it was a working experience.
The hardest part of the job was making sure every task I set out to do was done 100% correctly.
The most enjoyable part of the job was how rewarding the experience was at the end.
Pros
Amazing building and office scenery. Casual wear
Cons
Unpaid Internship
creative work environment
Publicity Intern (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 5, 2016
this is such a great place to work if you're passionate about what you do. provide constructive criticism to help you enter the industry with confidence
Great work environment
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAFebruary 25, 2016
Welcoming and friendly environment. A lot of hands on work within several departments. The marketing team was one big family that supported each other and praised each other for accomplishments. H
Wmgs
Senior Accountant /Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 13, 2016
Performed monthly closing process, accounting and financial analysis related to record and publishing divisions, including royalty assets and liabilities reconciliation in accordance with GAAP.
Good Team, Interesting , Famous People,
Great company
Royalty Finance Accounting Analyst (FTE) (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CASeptember 3, 2015
I preferred the Warner/Chappel location to the label side. The culture and environment was more care-free in WC. The label side was cold.
Creative and Corporate
HR Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2015
It's a very expressive company with high standards. I was an intern and it's great exposure for young developing professionals. I have heard from full time employees within different positions that they wished their salaries were better. However, they are young also and most likely it's a seniority thing living in NYC. No dress code beside public decency, free coffee, the lobbies and rooms are cozy, and networking opportunities with A&Rs for the music creators at there.

Most likely you'll want to work at WMG!
Pros
Free coffees and the café features H(censored by Indeed)'s Kitchen restaurants, free and brand new CD of selected musicians, fabulous setting, and a creative office space
Cons
Insufficient pay for low rank staff.
Productive, Creative, and Intense
Director, Infrastructure Services (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 22, 2015
The experience at Warner Music Group allowed for tremendous personal growth in a very competitive environment. The overall atmosphere was that of a creative family.
Exciting entertainment company with great people
Director, Infrastructure Services (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 1, 2015
A day at Warner Music Group includes multiple conference calls and meetings addressing operational information technology issues and concerns that affect the business operations. This company provides an excellent opportunity for global colaboration with fellow employees and vendors.

The ever changing music industry continues to provide challenges for companies such as Warner Music Group.
Pros
Job flexibility, chance to work with state of the art technology
Fast paced company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 9, 2015
A typical day at work is fast paced and sometimes hectic. Co-workers are supportive, collaborative, and professional.
WMG work experience
Senior BW Consultant (Current Employee) –  New yorkDecember 1, 2014
Hi,

It is a privilege to work in music industry. My day starts with checking mails, handling users and working on tickets and enhancements. Learned how the music industry works and management is not familiar with BW hence it was very challenging for me while convincing them.

The hardest part of the job is understanding the customer about technical things and its limitations.
Pros
learning function knowledge of Music Indusrty
Cons
difficulties in explaining BW technical things
Payroll Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 6, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is the job culture is very interesting.
Pros
Flexibility and dress down code
Cons
Health Care
Fun place to work
Senior Network Engineer -Managed Network Services (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2014
I am working as a sr network engineer at wmg from third party company.culture is very nice to work ,technology we are using is very latest and high end and people are good .
Productive and great place to work
A&R ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 11, 2014
Great work environment and great co - workers. Long hours but very fulfilling work life. Family like environment.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
Creative and exciting environment in which to work.
Mastering Manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 22, 2014
I enjoyed the challenge of meeting deadlines for release dates, as well as interacting with a variety of different personalities on a day to day basis. Being part of a unit such as the Production department which is the nucleus of the manufacturing/distribution
sector of the music business,enabled me to learn to work and grow in a team environment. I most enjoyed being exposed to the creative side of the industry and the lifelong relations I'd built along the way.
Fun work environment
Digital Revenue Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2014
* It's a must to stay on top of top music trends, and stay current on Billboards Top 100
* Mix of friendly and not-so friendly co-workers
* Must stay on top of supervisors to find out about daily projects
* Workflow is not consistent, initiative must be taken to find out about new projects

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Warner Music Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3