Warner Music Group Employee Reviews in United States

Wmgs
Senior Accountant /Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 13, 2016
Performed monthly closing process, accounting and financial analysis related to record and publishing divisions, including royalty assets and liabilities reconciliation in accordance with GAAP.
Good Team, Interesting , Famous People,
Creative and Corporate
HR Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2015
It's a very expressive company with high standards. I was an intern and it's great exposure for young developing professionals. I have heard from full time employees within different positions that they wished their salaries were better. However, they are young also and most likely it's a seniority thing living in NYC. No dress code beside public decency, free coffee, the lobbies and rooms are cozy, and networking opportunities with A&Rs for the music creators at there.

Most likely you'll want to work at WMG!
Pros
Free coffees and the café features H(censored by Indeed)'s Kitchen restaurants, free and brand new CD of selected musicians, fabulous setting, and a creative office space
Cons
Insufficient pay for low rank staff.
Productive, Creative, and Intense
Director, Infrastructure Services (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 22, 2015
The experience at Warner Music Group allowed for tremendous personal growth in a very competitive environment. The overall atmosphere was that of a creative family.
Exciting entertainment company with great people
Director, Infrastructure Services (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 1, 2015
A day at Warner Music Group includes multiple conference calls and meetings addressing operational information technology issues and concerns that affect the business operations. This company provides an excellent opportunity for global colaboration with fellow employees and vendors.

The ever changing music industry continues to provide challenges for companies such as Warner Music Group.
Pros
Job flexibility, chance to work with state of the art technology
Fast paced company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 9, 2015
A typical day at work is fast paced and sometimes hectic. Co-workers are supportive, collaborative, and professional.
WMG work experience
Senior BW Consultant (Current Employee) –  New yorkDecember 1, 2014
Hi,

It is a privilege to work in music industry. My day starts with checking mails, handling users and working on tickets and enhancements. Learned how the music industry works and management is not familiar with BW hence it was very challenging for me while convincing them.

The hardest part of the job is understanding the customer about technical things and its limitations.
Pros
learning function knowledge of music indusrty
Cons
difficulties in explaining bw technical things
Payroll Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 6, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is the job culture is very interesting.
Pros
flexibility and dress down code
Cons
health care
Fun place to work
Senior Network Engineer -Managed Network Services (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2014
I am working as a sr network engineer at wmg from third party company.culture is very nice to work ,technology we are using is very latest and high end and people are good .
Creative and exciting environment in which to work.
Mastering Manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 22, 2014
I enjoyed the challenge of meeting deadlines for release dates, as well as interacting with a variety of different personalities on a day to day basis. Being part of a unit such as the Production department which is the nucleus of the manufacturing/distribution
sector of the music business,enabled me to learn to work and grow in a team environment. I most enjoyed being exposed to the creative side of the industry and the lifelong relations I'd built along the way.
Fun work environment
Digital Revenue Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2014
* It's a must to stay on top of top music trends, and stay current on Billboards Top 100
* Mix of friendly and not-so friendly co-workers
* Must stay on top of supervisors to find out about daily projects
* Workflow is not consistent, initiative must be taken to find out about new projects
Intern
Intern, Promotions (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 30, 2014
Good company culture. The Assistants would always give me in depth explanations about everything I was doing. I never felt like I wasn't learning.
Great experience
Human Resources Generalist Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 4, 2014
Helped with administrative tasks
Did some HR assistant task which is very helpful
Learned about file and company policies
Improved overall skills
Learned about other roles as well as HR Generalist
Had a better understanding about myself
The most exciting industry (music) in which to have an career
Mastering Manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 2, 2014
I had worked for Warner Music Group/WEA Corp for twenty-two plus (22+) years from June 1988 - December 2010. It was an experience in which I have and will always treasure. I began my career at Warner Bros. Records (Burbank,CA) by taking a position as an mail room clerk. I was granted the opportunity to work in the Production dept. as an assistant to the Mastering Manager, and was promoted to Mastering Manager following the retirement of my then immediate supervisor. I enjoyed the day to day challenge of meeting deadlines, working directly with various departments, and learned first-hand what was necessary to ensure the success of a major music company
Pros
working in an industry which thrived on creativity
Cons
having to leave due to downsizing
Great place to work for
Front Desk Reception (Former Employee) –  New york, NYFebruary 4, 2014
Fun and great place to work for. You can really get ahead if you wanted to!
Fun and easy going environment
IT Manager, IT National Distribution Systems (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CANovember 21, 2013
Carrer path is limited as the industry shrinks. Some long term employees are leaving leading to a very new younger base
Great Company Great Colleagues
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 27, 2013
Great Company Great Colleagues

Routine accountant daily tasks

Free meal during closing week
Global Consumer Products and Brand Licensing Intern
Global Consumer Products (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 19, 2013
The internship was very educational, not only did i learn a lot about how business was conducted I also carried a position with full responsibility.
Best job ever
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 14, 2013
• Reported to the VP of Production for daily agendas and calendar.
• Liaison between preproduction, production and artists relations.
• Generated and maintained daily production reports.
• Management of audio library, content, and all relative materials.
• Updated database, with product scheduling, and release dates.
• Responsible of proofing images, color matching, and spec sizing.
• Assigned International Standard Recording Copy codes in all audio
recordings for digital download.
• Reviewed and edited daily production reports for Warner Music Group and sub-
divisions.
• Performed all administrative duties.
Working for Warner Music Group
Sr. Desktop Engineer (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 16, 2013
I started working at Warner Music Group as a Deskop Support Specialist. My title grew to a senior level within 2 years.

I gained knowledge with being the lead domestically for the windows 7 migration. I am also efficient on mac support where I was very limited in the Mac environment. My company paid for a class for SCCM where i received a completion certificate from microsoft. I work with Windows Deployment Server and AIK I didn't know prior to working for them.

I have a great user environment where its really pleasant to work. Not only do I support my user community, I have built relationships and trust which can never be changed.

On a day to day basis, 60% of my job is Desktop Support on a senior level & 40% split from Executive level Support & Project management.
Pros
aquired several new softwares i am not efficient at and grew
Cons
no bonuses & hard to move up as a consultant
Perfect job for music enthusiasts
College Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 3, 2013
As a music geek, I am passionate about this position. My bosses are very accommodating and easy to work with and I basically manage myself and work on my own schedule. The job doesn't have the best pay, but that's okay for a full-time college student. Advancement in the position is available, but quite competitive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Warner Music Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2