The WTA System Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
- Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Install new, rebuild existing, or migration of servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
Operations and Support
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up.
- Removal of viruses through multiple platform AV applications.
- Basic knowledge of AD such as create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide support per request from various clients. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from software or hardware failure including servers, printers, routers, etc.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure and add new services as necessary.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
Maintain and create documentation of inventory, work performed, solutions etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to interact with both senior management and technical staff.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and comfortable with adjusting to changing priorities.
- Extreme attention to detail
- Microsoft Server
- Terminal Services
- Microsoft Office
Other Skills (but not required)
- Equal Logic
- Vmware Esx
- Share Point
- Office 365
- Sonic Wall
- Cisco ASA
- Cable Management
- Cloud services