Warren CAT Employee Reviews

Great work environment and fantastic people to work with.
Part salesman (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 8, 2016
I help customers locate their parts for heavy machines, industrial engines and truck engines. I learned how to operate forklifts man lifts and scissor lifts
Pros
Great management. friendly co workers.
Great place to work overall
Employee (Current Employee) –  OKApril 23, 2016
Overall, this is a great place to work. There are plenty of pro's and con's depending on who/what you're reviewing. There is room for advancement, more in some departments than others. Certain department heads tend to manage with their business card, so to speak. These types of managers are just that, managers. There are leaders within this company as well.
rough place to work. in time, great place to work.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 4, 2016
I made life-long friends at this place. We still contact each other. I learned my very interesting trade here. I went to many classes and schools. It was hard work. safety wasn't that big of a concern back in the 70's and 80's. The high point of my career there was getting to go overseas to work in Egypt and Venezuela. I really met some interesting folks there. I got to see the Pyramids, King Tut's gold head looking thing and climb to the top of Mt. Sinai.
Pros
education, great coworkers, travel
Cons
very heavy work, early on.
Great place to work. Payed training. Great benefits.
Product Health Tech (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXFebruary 29, 2016
Payed training that helped me learn about most of there equipment. Co-workers were normally helpful too. Communication would sometimes be a problem but still a great place to work. Interesting to work on the equipment as well. Personally couldn't get used to the hours with the position that I held though.
Pros
Great benefits and pay.
Cons
Hours would sometimes vary.
Loved the Customers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXFebruary 18, 2016
The people I worked around were great. I loved the customers and had a great relationship with them. I enjoyed the relationships that were built while I worked there. I will be able to take that experience with me wherever I go.
Friendly Family Oriented Company
CRM Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 9, 2016
Warren Cat is a great company to work for. Work/Life balance is great. Pay is very good. Employees treat each other as friends and family.
Cons
Company relies a lot on oil prices
Low energy
Claims Administrator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 12, 2015
Everyone is older, nobody tells you what is going on, management keeps to themselves. Not a fun place to work due to the management structure.
very demanding work place
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 15, 2015
very demanding and lots of pressure put on you to finish jobs very quickly. It is a very high stress environment that can lead to mistakes.
A Typical Day At Work
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 2, 2015
I go in at 8 am, when a shipment arrives as Quality Control, I will check to see if there is a defect or damage to the Items . When there is a item leaving I will check that everything is in working order and there is no damage before it ships to the customer.
Pros
Good Hours, Good Pay
Cons
Management isnt organized and there is no communication.
Lacking good management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 12, 2015
Management was not strong and supportive of employees. Not all management but enough to make it hard to work there with out the support needed to do your job
Rewarding position with no work/life balance
RENTAL COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 21, 2015
Working at Warren Cat was an exciting experience but it will drain you. The rental coordinator position is on call 24/7. There is no balance to have a real life. You're always tied to your phone. There are times you can call on coworkers to handle a call for you, but even on vacation or sick days, you're expected to reply to each customer or salesman contact.
The workload was too much to expect from the amount of staff they hired. There were open positions they refused to fill that caused the workload on the remaining employees to reach burnout level too quickly.
Pros
Approachable management
Cons
Plans to improve processes never pan out.
Very poor management
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 8, 2015
Started out as a fantastic job and really loved coming to work every day. Had a great boss and great coworkers. Boss quit and another senior manager took over. He treated all the sales reps as disposable and gave no room for advancement to employees. Went from a great job to one where I couldn't wait to leave.

The job was pretty simple, though knowing the ins and outs of CAT engines was a must. Challenging at times, but there was usually a reward for it. Warren CAT does make sure to reward its employees who stand out, which is very much appreciated.
Pros
Great benefits, relatively good company culture, employee recognition
Cons
Poor upper level management, little room for advancement, treated as replaceable
Lots of work lots of travel
ENGINE FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXFebruary 22, 2015
warren cat is a fantastic place to work as a field service tech. if you are single and do not plan on having a life outside of work.
Pros
alot of work
Cons
alot of travel
Run from Warren Cat
Parts Sales II (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 21, 2015
I worked for 35 years at the Oklahoma city location and I loved my Job if it had not been for my Supervisor being on steroids and bipolar I would still be working at Warren Cat,not a bad place to work just watch out for the management they will fire you in a minute there is 0 job security
Pros
christmas bonus
Cons
bad management
CAT has great equipment and everything you need to fix machines correctly.
Field Technician III (Current Employee) –  Enid, OKDecember 28, 2014
I have learned a tremendous about from working from CAT. I have become certified in many fields and have met great mechanics.
Pros
learned great mechanic skills. they have the best of everything.
Enjoyed the people I worked with
Truck Shop Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 10, 2014
Great benifits and great co-workers. Learned a lot about trucking industry in the short time I worked there.
Pros
uniforms are paid for
Cons
extremely busy at times
good place to work
Service Manager shop (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMay 29, 2014
worked with good people, work very long hours but was fun. Texas is a very hot sate to work in.
Great people.
Industrial Engine Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXMay 26, 2014
Love the job, being out in the field is awesome. Always something different, a new challenge. Company is good about sending you to training so long as you keep at your online training which is a prerequisite for the classes. Management is what it is, the more you give the more they want. Fellow technicians are always there for each other, once you've proven yourself. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with management and their constant changes, broken promises, and their loyalty to their customers rather than their employees. Nature of the beast I guess, without customers, we wouldn't have work. All in all the pros out weigh the cons, I love going to work!
Pros
training, fellow technicians, plenty of hours.
Cons
management, hours (they will over work you if you let them.)
Very good place to work
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 20, 2014
Good pay and benifits and they send you to their schools in CAT Electrical Systems, and CAT AC Systems, as well as offer overtime on weekends.
great place to work
Rig Up Tech (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 7, 2014
building custom packages every day was different, hard working people great management team. ask a question and get an answer
Pros
learning more about power systems
Cons
not many

2.8