Warren County Career Center

Warren County Career Center United States Employee Reviews

Supportive work environment
Academic & Career Technology Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Lebanon, OHAugust 7, 2013
Pros: small enrollment, only 11th and 12th graders; great lunch prices; friendly staff; grounds and interior well maintained, state of the technology; professional development
Cons: academic teacher schedule is more robust compared to that of technology instructor, so not as much tine with students
I have enjoyed working at the WCCC as a substitute teacher. Staff is friendly, students are respectful and most want to be there so it makes teacher's job much easier compared to that for those in a traditional high school environment. Support of administration is key to success in this organization; all is not perfect yet when everyone participates in making sure students succeed, it makes it a place where you want to go to work each day.
Diverse environment with hands on experience.
Licensed Ohio Adult Education Instructor (Current Employee), Lebanon Ohio and Kings Mills OhioNovember 25, 2012
There is no typical day for a part-time employee. Our day, and employment, is based upon enrollment. When we do have classes there is a very structured environment and process due to the financial and governing necessities. Classes begin on time and end on time with scheduled breaks. You are required to have a lesson plan prepared and approved by your coordinator before class. Grades, when necessary, are to be turned in on time.
The greatest challenge is the quantity of material that you need to become expert with in what is often a very brief timeframe. This is also a great neuro-exercise! I have found myself becoming a learning junky.
The hardest part of the job is the uncertainty of the job itself. The most enjoyable part, by far, is that you are teaching adults who want to learn. These are sometimes people who have not succeeded in more conventional educational systems and are seeking to remake themself at various and sometimes unaccommodating times in their life.
Of course you have the occasional challenges with individuals. What job does not? In this field you quickly learn to see beyond behavior and through to the fear that has sparked that behavior. Learning new things is something we all fear at first! We just have to get to that point where we see the benefit that is going to outweigh the risk to our security blanket of status quo.
The Warren County Career Center is a great place to find people that will help learners dare to experience the unknown.
student
student (Former Employee), lebanon, OhioSeptember 19, 2012
the teachers and staff were all educated and friendly. I leaned a lot here! s
Teaching adults, What can I say.
Educator/Instructor (Former Employee), Lebanon, OHMay 21, 2012
I love to teach, but adults are not ideal students. They either know more than you or over complicate concepts. The W.C.C.C. was a fine enough place to work, it was just the (adult) students. A nice professional environment, etc... I liked it will enough, but it was part-time and I had to move on.