Warren Wilson College Employee Reviews

Great Job
Media Director (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCMay 24, 2015
The work is an excellent measurement of character and time management. It includes conversing with people and understanding their story before creating a video or article about them.
great place.
Dish-washer (Former Employee) –  Swannanoa, NCApril 30, 2014
the management is great. The pay is what a college cafeteria would pay, minimum wage. people and environment were great.
Challenged me to self-manage
Warren Wilson hair crew manager (Former Employee) –  Swannanoa, NCApril 10, 2014
Very few employees, enjoyed the opportunity to continue cutting hair
great workplace
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 17, 2013
Computer Technician
My responsibilities were to work on the incoming computers and get them returned to their owners in a timely manner as well
as doing field work and fixing computers at the client location. Another responsibility that I held was working at the helpdesk
answering phones and working as a phone technician. Lastly because I am a senior member of the team some of the
responsibility fell on me to keep the other members of my work crew on task as well as training them in computer repair and
customer service skills.
Hands-On Archaeological Experience
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  swannanoa, NCJune 11, 2013
This College provided a laboratory in which to work in a professional environment. We utilized Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Microsoft Excel quite a bit in addition to our other duties: cataloging, processing, and interpreting artifacts.
On campus job
Carpentry Crew (Former Employee) –  Swannanoa, NCMay 14, 2013
Great job. Fun and exciting work. Having to repair anything on campus. Was able to do a job on own time and under supervision of a great boss. Able to work without supervision and learned how to manage particular jobs or work orders.
A typical day at work is productive.
College student (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCApril 9, 2013
I fulfill the typical roles of being a college student at Warren Wilson College. Warren Wilson College is a work college, meaning every student is required to work 15 hours per week in order to graduate.
Pros
it's a nice working environment.
Fun work environment, skill building job
Painter (Former Employee) –  Swannanoa, NCMarch 4, 2013
I had a really great time working as a painter at Warren Wilson College. I learned a lot about working with other people, how to do a neat paint job, how to put up drywall, use a paint sprayer, large ladders, etc. The management of the painting job was a little poor because my first boss left soon after I started working there and my second boss didn't really figure out what his role was until soon before I left. That being said, I had a good time with my co-workers and found that we worked well together and had fun. The hardest part of the job for me was cleaning up after a few people I worked with who did sloppy work. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was finishing a big project and using the paint sprayer.
Pros
fairly flexible work hours, my coworkers
Cons
short breaks, poor management

4.3