Wärtsilä North America is currently seeking a Turbocharger and Mechanical Senior Service Engineer in our Houston, Texas office.
Wärtsilä in Brief:
Wärtsilä is a global leader in complete lifecycle power solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising technological innovation and total efficiency, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers.
- Perform Mechanical maintenance and/or trouble shooting and Balancing on Turbocharger types: ABB, Napier, Hispana Sauza, and KBB In the Field and Workshops Enviormets.
- Perform Mechanical maintenance and/or trouble shooting on Wartsila products ( mostly Wartsila 26, 32, 34SG &DF, W46, and W50).
- Perform pre-commissioning of Wärtsilä installations. Perform Mechanical commissioning on power plants.
- Participate with improvement of new Turbocharger products when performing warranty activities. Promote Wärtsilä Products and Services.
- Prepare Service reports and travel expenses on time and with expected Wartsila quality.
- Identify failures, making adjustments, assist on trial runs and testing of Mechanical installations according to instructions.
- Check and adjust relevant systems (i.e. auxiliary, Turbocharger).
- Provide internal and external work reports according to Wärtsilä standards. Perform site audits.
- Collect and organise time and expense reports. Reporting and informing administrative personnel as required.
- Perform Mechanical maintenance in the workshop, mainly Turbocharger components.
- Overhaul engine components in workshop and at site/on board including some in situ machining.
- Report executed work according to Wärtsilä standards.
- Able to read and understand Mechanical drawings
- Strong knowledge of Wartsila diesel engine types and their auxiliaries.
- Perform Mechanical maintenance and/or trouble shooting on Turbocharger types: ABB, Napier, Hispana Sauza and KBB.
- Perform pre-commissioning of Wärtsilä installations. Perform Mechanical commissioning on power plants
- Strong knowledge of mechanics and high speed rotating equipment.
- Able to analyze and solve Turbocharger related Mechanical problems.
- Able to carry out relevant measurements.
Service and maintenance management
Service general competencies
- At least 2 years relevant working experience on Wartsila and Turbocharger products.
- Field Service experience on Wartsila Diesel Power Plants
Quality and safety certificates and knowledge
- Intensive engine specific, Turbocharger and practical training
Education and Experience:
BS degree or equivalent and 2 years related experience or
Technical schools or Vocational (preferably Mechanical) and 5 years related experience as an :
- Mechanical engineer on Turbochargers or Wartsila Diesel Engines
- Mechanical technical experience on Wartsila Power Plants
- Mechanical maintenance Technician on large industries or refinery
- Mechanical officer on Ships.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Qualified candidates must apply online at http://www.wartsila.com/en/careers/vacancies under Country "USA"
At Wärtsilä North America, we value our employees. We offer a comprehensive benefit package, including
the following programs which are available to eligible employees, subject to terms and
conditions of each program:
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Care Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
- Family and Medical Leave
- Educational Assistance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Matching Gifts Plan
- Voting Time Off
Wärtsilä North America is an EOE/AA employer.