Washington County Hospital Employee Reviews

Come Aboard!
Charge Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, NCSeptember 14, 2017
GREAT place to work! Wonderful colleagues, excellent management and a family-like environment! The most pleasing and fulfilling job I've ever had! So glad to be a part of this group!
Pros
Environment in general; competitive pay; great hours
Cons
Short staffed at times
great place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chatom, ALSeptember 11, 2017
I loved working just need more hours and more money. it was a well and good place to work just not enough time offered and a whole lot of work. I don't mind working if the hours were avaliable
Nice facility
ER Tech (Former Employee) –  Nashville, ILAugust 30, 2017
You definitely get that small hometown feel at this hospital. The employers care about their employees and their families. They ensure everyone is treated fairly and given the same opportunities.
no longer exists
flex staff (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJune 15, 2017
this hospital no longer exists in the same way it did when I worked there. cannot provide any more detail. i am sorry. Organization is now call Meritus I believe.
Loved working here
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJune 6, 2017
I absolutely loved working at this hospital. The amount of different things to learn daily is amazing. Not to mention the self gratification in helping sick or injured people of all age groups.
they have there picks and chooses they dont work together
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chatom, ALMay 30, 2017
they have so many rules they expect the nurses and CNA to follow but allow certain people to break them. they weed OUT THE GOOD AND KEEP THE LAZY ITS NOT RIGHT
Pros
benifits are good
Cons
never fair
Very interesting place to work
E/R Nurse (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NCMay 18, 2017
This was a critical access hospital so we saw a variety of situations daily and everyone seem to think it was life and death; basically we the lion share of the clients we saw were primary care calls for the people that had no insurance
Pros
the variety of clients and work schedule
Cons
the pay and turn over of management
Not really involved with employees
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 15, 2017
This Company is small and in a small community. Not much room for growth. It is having financial difficulties and a large overturn in administration,not to mention no pay increase
Pros
Only one picnic anually
Cons
Fair benefits
A place where someone can get some learning experience
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, NCJanuary 27, 2017
A typical dat at work is to take care of your patient and be to yourself you will learn alot of stuff that all depend who you working with the workplace culture here just do your job and be to your self the hardest part of the job is that when get alot of patient is that cant get no help cause that you only have one nurse and one cna the most enjoyable part of the job is as long the patient is happy Im happy
Washington Cty Hosp. was a wonderful place to work with good benefits and job advancement opportunities.
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDDecember 27, 2016
I enjoyed working for Washington Cty. Hospital. The staff was great and very informative. Management was approachable. The company offered opportunities for education and job advancement.
Pros
Great pay rate, good benefits, exceptional staff and education and job advancement opportunities.
Cons
Decrease in staff and or management could be problematic at times
was a fairly nice place to work
(Meritus), Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDDecember 12, 2016
The best part of working here was your co workers. I worked nights and the people i worked with we became like family and we all helped each other.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not enough staff
Good
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDMay 25, 2016
Hard to move onto certain areas there. Needed better education especially when they started trying fro Magnet status. Insurance was not too good.
excellent
staff nurse there (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDDecember 31, 2015
Clinical work as student also done at this hospital. Now Meritus Hospital. An excellent place to work over a long period of time before moving to Virginia, Very close to home. I was born in this hospital.
Pros
Hometwon Hospital
Cons
Sat on a Hill
productive
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Chatom, AlSeptember 9, 2015
Also, public school introduces children to people of many different ethnicities. Being surrounded by different cultures is beneficial because it teaches a person how to tolerate and respect other people. Different cultures have different beliefs, and when a child is surrounded by these different cultures it teaches them how to interact with people. Public school also teaches children how to tolerate the many different personalities, opinions, and outlooks on life that other people have.
Fun atmosphere and people
Student (Former Employee) –  Washington, IAAugust 31, 2015
I feel like I had a great time learning about CT and furthering myself within the radiology field while I was at Washington County Hospital. They were always willing to take the time to answer any questions I had about anything.
Positive and supportive place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Washington, IAAugust 12, 2015
I worked part time in the surgical department. I cannot express how much I loved working here. The staff is so supportive of each other, and it is always a positive atmosphere. I started working here while I was going through nursing school and they were so patient with me and always willing to teach me new things. Sometimes the pace can be rather quick and you can fall behind in your work, but I always had help when I asked for it.
Pros
Supportive co-workers
Cons
Work can be stressful
Interesting work
MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONISTS (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJuly 7, 2015
Listen to dictation via headset for various medical specialties and transscribe information to be entered into medical records.
Pros
Good money/benefits
Cons
Internal stress within management
Good Place to work
CNA / Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nashville, ILApril 18, 2015
I really enjoyed my job at the Hospital. Coworkers were friendly and there was room for advancement. I learned so many things working in the ER. The doctors were very good about explaining things to the patients as well as the staff
busy place, great docs,
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDFebruary 1, 2015
Typical day was very busy. Lots of trauma work with inner city people. Management was below average. Co-workers were great. Hardest part of the job was working the mid-night shift alone. Most enjoyable part of the job were the patients.
Pros
good people good bennies good pay
Cons
poor management too much call
Good Hospital
Staff nurse on Ortho/Neuro/Trauma unit (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDDecember 18, 2014
I worked here right after moving to the area. I worked on the ortho, tramua unit. I learned alot from the physicians. I became very interested in tramua care while working at WCH. The staff was friendly. I worked the weekend option schedule while employed at WCH-which allowed me to spend more time with my kids and be more involved with their school activities during the week.