Washington County Employee Reviews

Very multi-faceted position.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNSeptember 23, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was comaradarie with colleagues and most importantly satisfying clients and Management. I had a good relationship with my Manager, we both were very People/Service oriented. I learned to never judge anyone who comes in the door by appearance, but originally learned that from my parents. Helping people genuinely in need and providing hope.
Pros
Good pay and Benefits
Cons
Often could not get back up personnel to come to Lobby
Good entry level/ summer employment opterunity
SUMMER WORKER (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNSeptember 23, 2015
Good pay for character-building work that affords good experience to students. Coworkers were helpful and friendly, made for a good workplace culture.
positive work place
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNAugust 5, 2015
A very positive work place from top to bottom . The hours are great and the co-workers at the county are second to none. The benefits and vacation are very good.
Cons
Enjoy working with and teaching children new things on a daily basis
Licensed Daycare Provider (Current Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MinnesotaJuly 2, 2015
Love my job duties and working with children. Teaching the children new things, watching them grow every day. I enjoy managing my own business, with having two employees working for me also.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Working out of my home
Professional and supportive workplace, committed to customer service
Building Permit Technician II (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORApril 15, 2015
Great work team and training. 15 years there and loved it. Committment to customer service was important and really made a difference helping people in protecting the safety of their families and the public in positive ways. Had many varied customer experiences and some folks didn't like it because it was government but it was nice to just have positive interactions with folks (surprising them with kindness) when they were nervous or afraid of the unknown. Education was a big part of the job and a more supportive group of people I am not sure I would find easily. Providing the best work and doing it well, and caring well for folks at the same time. A great place to work.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Some process implementation took awhile due to channels.
Adult Probation Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAMarch 27, 2015
Washington County is a great place to work, the management is very supportive of the needs of the staff. The compensation and benefits are at the top in the state for the size of the county.
Better management required
Plans Examiner (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, Washington County, OregonMarch 11, 2015
Active and busy work location but the management could be better. The current management is not employee oriented and most promises are lies. Do not believe anything they tell you and do not rely on managements help.
Pros
salary
Cons
management
Good communication
Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNNovember 14, 2014
Employer invests its employees by providing opportunities for training, continuing education and professional development. Better communication here than other employers in the same field.
Great people to work with.
Career Management Specialist/Job Developer (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNOctober 29, 2014
I've learned so much about the Work Force Center including the different depts. and what their functions are. Really opened up my mind to the excellent work that Washington County does for the public. There is still much red tape to get certain things accomplished but I really enjoy working through these obstacles with great co-workers.
Traffic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHSeptember 17, 2014
Summer help. Enjoyed working there for the summer. It is a great place for kids right out of highschool.
Fun Office with lots of community involement
Community Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sandersville, GAAugust 18, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the joy and dedication on kids faces as they competed in projects and went to 4-H events.
Great work environment but not worth the pay for the work done
Office Support Generalist / Office Support II (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNApril 9, 2014
the work is what you would expect but the pay is definitely not there.
Pros
can combined lunch with breaks, great work atmosphere.
Cons
not the best heathcare, low pay
interesting work, heavy in details and multi tasking
Corrections Officer (Former Employee) –  Blair, NEMarch 11, 2014
Solid workplace, good working conditions and friendly atmosphere.
Enjoyed the work and the people I worked with.
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 3, 2013
Great place to work. Most enjoyable part was helping people. Hardest part was dealing with politics. Majority of co-workers were great. Learned a lot about how a local government functions. Typical day was conducting training classes, going to work sites to audit safety procedures, performing ergonomic evaluations, writing policies.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
office politics
Worked over 27 years for the County.
Recorder of Deeds (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAJuly 31, 2013
I worked in several county offices. In 1977 I worked in the Election Office, Tax Office, Mingo Park County Office, and finally in the Recorder of Deeds. It was a real experience but I am so glad that I worked for them for over 27 years.
Coworkers are helpful
LPN (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAApril 16, 2013
Typical LPN duties, good work environment, Med pass, helping CNAs and RNs make our residents comfortable, whether it be for a short term (therapy) or long term.
Pros
location
Cons
typical staffing issues
Rewarding public service
Assistant County Solicitor (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAMarch 8, 2013
This was a rewarding, but personally challenging job that provided an opportunity for public service. It was also high-profile and politically-charged.
Pros
public service opportunity
Cons
politically-charged
Great internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 20, 2012
Learned a lot, felt like I was making a difference in youth in the community
Challenging but rewarding place to work for
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORSeptember 25, 2012
Great place to work, very challenging job, no day is the same, very rewarding job.