Washington County Employee Reviews

Daily Duties
FT-Client/Provider Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, PANovember 22, 2017
Case management for subsidized childcare clients including specialized TANF and low-income caseloads for Washington and Beaver counties. Obtaining documentation to verify, assess, and determine eligibility on a case-by-case basis on the Pennsylvania State Intranet/Website. Entering schedule and enrollment information. Assist with fiscal responsibilities including invoicing, payment summaries, and agreements. Direct point of contact for clients and providers. Tracking and Reporting Voter Registration Applications on a monthly basis. All in addition to daily Administrative and Clerical support to Front Desk and Director.
Pros
Too many to list
Cons
lost funding
Great co-workers, can't say same for management
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNNovember 8, 2017
Great co-workers and outstanding collaboration across departments and business lines. Lack of training and clear goals, management leaves quite a bit to be desired as well. Would not recommend this employer to job seekers
Pros
Co-workers, collaboration
Cons
Management, people who think they're managers.
Bus Driver
A bus driver (Former Employee) –  Commonwealth Ave, Hagerstown, Md.October 18, 2017
Loved driving a bus, working with the special need children. It was a very interesting and fulfilling job, loved it but had to leave the position because of changing homes.
Do not work here
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORSeptember 8, 2017
Bad place to work for period. Do not apply. Tools/software are way behind. Managers are inexperience. No career development or advancement. Inexperience people gets the promotions.
Pros
Medical, dental, vision insurance
Cons
career advancement, management style is obsolete, pay is minuscule
Job Security
DEPUTY CLERK, DISTRICT & MAGISTRATE COURT(s) (Former Employee) –  Weiser, IDSeptember 7, 2017
I enjoyed my years working for WA Co, Idaho. Each day was a new learning experience and at times could be stressful due to the demands of my position as a District Court Clerk and Jury Commissioner.
Benefits
Cons
Understaffed
Operator
Operator (Former Employee) –  Akron, COAugust 14, 2017
Job was ok, did not pay enough. Worked 4 10's, so was off 3 days each week. Paid holidays, vacation and sick time. Really rural area, nothing else to do but work. More of an area to retire.
Typical Day at Work
Director of Finance & HR (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 7, 2017
My day usually begins with a schedule and sometimes it works out and other times it does not. I have learned to work projects in that were not scheduled and also not to stress about it. I always get what needs to be done and always on time. I enjoy my job and look forward to the challenges that it brings daily. I hope to find another job that is challenging and enjoyable all in one.
ATTORNEY, Deputy County Attorney (Former Employee) –  St. George, UTJuly 7, 2017
I love the atmosphere here. The office offers a variety of experience and training. The people are wonderful. I was able to prosecute general felonies and gain experience in the special felony cases including death penalty cases and special victim cases. The cost of living is high and the rate of pay is low.
Challenging job
COUNTY ASSESSOR (Current Employee) –  Potosi, MOMay 18, 2017
My overall experience at this job has been very rewarding. I am an elected official so I have several thousand "bosses" in my job. My job is to maintain current and accurate county records for taxation purposes. A typical day may consist of helping tax payers get their personal property tax bill produced so they can get license plates on their vehicle.

The hardest part of this job is managing employees. It's a daily challenge but with a lot of effort and listening we have a pretty smooth and successful office staff.
Pros
Benefits are very nice
Cons
You're running a campaign for office to keep your job every 4 years.
PROGRAM SUPPORT ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  West Bend, WIApril 10, 2017
Washington County is an organized government agency. Many people are employed there. Full time benefits are provided and insurance is reasonable for the employees.
TEACHER AND DEPT. LEADER (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDFebruary 9, 2017
Challenging and rewarding to work with students. It was amazing to really get to know students and what motivates them. Every student brought and unique background and set of strengths and weaknesses.
Pros
Time with students and teaching
Cons
Many meetings and constant changes
Political
Help Desk Tech (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 26, 2016
Track-it ticket system, always plenty to do.
Quiet work environment
desk job
Always new and challenging problems to solve
Very Diversified Workplace
Family Division Court Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Bend, WIMarch 21, 2016
The department that I work in is hard as the parties that need assistance in the family department are either very angry or hurt. You need to be compassionate.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Politics in the workplace
High Stress Job with too much inhouse stress
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJanuary 13, 2016
The job itself is very rewarding. I have enjoyed working with the public and helping them, however the amount of backstabbing and stress that is in the workplace that is not work related is almost too much to handle. The management seems to pick favorites and raises and advancement is few and far between.
Very multi-faceted position.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNSeptember 23, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was comaradarie with colleagues and most importantly satisfying clients and Management. I had a good relationship with my Manager, we both were very People/Service oriented. I learned to never judge anyone who comes in the door by appearance, but originally learned that from my parents. Helping people genuinely in need and providing hope.
Pros
Good pay and Benefits
Cons
Often could not get back up personnel to come to Lobby
Good entry level/ summer employment opterunity
SUMMER WORKER (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNSeptember 23, 2015
Good pay for character-building work that affords good experience to students. Coworkers were helpful and friendly, made for a good workplace culture.
positive work place
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNAugust 5, 2015
A very positive work place from top to bottom . The hours are great and the co-workers at the county are second to none. The benefits and vacation are very good.
Cons
Enjoy working with and teaching children new things on a daily basis
Licensed Daycare Provider (Current Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MinnesotaJuly 2, 2015
Love my job duties and working with children. Teaching the children new things, watching them grow every day. I enjoy managing my own business, with having two employees working for me also.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Working out of my home
Professional and supportive workplace, committed to customer service
Building Permit Technician II (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORApril 15, 2015
Great work team and training. 15 years there and loved it. Committment to customer service was important and really made a difference helping people in protecting the safety of their families and the public in positive ways. Had many varied customer experiences and some folks didn't like it because it was government but it was nice to just have positive interactions with folks (surprising them with kindness) when they were nervous or afraid of the unknown. Education was a big part of the job and a more supportive group of people I am not sure I would find easily. Providing the best work and doing it well, and caring well for folks at the same time. A great place to work.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Some process implementation took awhile due to channels.
Adult Probation Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAMarch 27, 2015
Washington County is a great place to work, the management is very supportive of the needs of the staff. The compensation and benefits are at the top in the state for the size of the county.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Washington County. Our community is ready to answer.