Washington Federal Employee Reviews

Fun environment
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 16, 2015
Great people, and great place to work. They offer career advancement and education assistance. Enjoyable experience.
Enjoyable work place
Loan Coordinator (Current Employee), Medford, ORApril 16, 2015
Pros: duties are diversified. Learning opportunities abundunt.
Cons: Salary
I enjoy the many varied duties associated with my job function.
I have learned much with this company. I appreciate the diversification of these duties.
An unhealth work enviroment
CSR1 (Former Employee), Fountain HillsApril 10, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: Management and Pay
Management and personal banker talks about customers and other employees behind their backs. Told to change Dr. that was closer to town.
They have a "reactive" instead of "pro-active" approach
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Nampa, IDApril 5, 2015
Pros: We had a great lunchroom stash of snacks, soda, and soups !
Cons: Sick Pay and vacation pay
Their business approach as well as their benefits are behind the times.
My co-workers and supervisor were awesome !!! They were also formerly Bank of America employees.
I truly wish I could've stayed with the company a few more years. They were starting to build a better future culture. They have invested in a new core operating system scheduled to be functioning by the end of the year. I remain a customer there.
Great place to get experience
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee), Albany, ORMarch 17, 2015
Pros: The lunchrooms are always stocked with snacks, no surprises in paychecks, fantastic 401(k), regular M-F with weekends off.
Cons: Pay SUCKS, want to advance you without a raise, health care is average at best, overly demanding for given title and wage
A typical day includes not only the basic job duties of processing transactions, but employees are expected to actively market since the company doesn't want to spend the money. Management are nice folks, but they're desperate. People get promoted because there is no one else to fill positions, not because of qualifications. It's hard to tout how great the bank you work for to prospects if you know you're lying. There are basically zero employee incentives to even fully use Washington Federal as your primary bank. One of the bartenders at the Christmas party made the comment that only one or two people paid with a debit or credit card from where they work.. That's sad. Because it's not super high-pressure sales environment and you get to genuinely care about clients, it is a nice place to work, but it's a greedy company. I've been there for a year and catch mistakes that supervisors in other branches make and make cold calls to businesses to solicit their banking to us, and random other tasks that aren't listed in my job description.
Learn a lot working in a slow paced bank like WAFD.
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Bremerton, WAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: snacks in the break room
Cons: compensation
Washington Federal is a great bank to gain experience. With five staff branches everyone is cross trained to handle all types of transactions. I learned, IRAs, Loans, opening/closing accounts, credit cards, saving bonds, and much more. This was a great bank to start at. Not one to stay at long term.
Great work environment
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 9, 2015
Washington Federal is a great place to work! A typical day usually starts around 7 or 8 in the morning. I either had e-mails to check in or many reports to complete.
Conservative
Bank Manager (Current Employee), Tucson, AZDecember 8, 2014
Good solid company. Good people that stay a long time. Good benefits and dedicated to growing.
Good learning experience.
CSR II (Current Employee), Hillsboro, ORDecember 5, 2014
Learned a lot from this place but they could do a lot better with management and being fair to their employees.
Some good some bad
Anonymous (Current Employee), AnonymousAugust 27, 2014
I've learned more about banking and my profession overall.
Slow and outdated company
CSR (Former Employee), ArizonaAugust 23, 2014
Pros: you had a job
Cons: everything!
Typical day at work was helping about six to seven customers all day. Same old people everyday. Couldn't find work to keep you busy all day. Very outdated equipment throughout branch. Their focus was more on selling loans than banking products. Finally added ATMs and online banking! Because the branches were small (only 4 to 5 employees) management tended to micromanage you.
Professional
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Show Low, AZAugust 14, 2014
I interact with many clients daily and get to help make their financial lives better. I've learned many ways to grow in my professionalism through my time with Washington Federal. I enjoy my work family and love what I do.
Simply being nice
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Salem, ORAugust 5, 2014
Pros: good benefits and 401k
Cons: poor pay no advancement
Answer phones, greet clients, maintain good client relationships, Vault teller, balance cash drawer, open close accounts, team player, train co workers when needed.
Loan Coordinator (Current Employee), WashingtonJune 14, 2014
Pros: 401k
Cons: pay
Washington Federal is a good place to work but the pay is awful. I wish I could stay working here but I simply can't live off the pay anymore as the sole provider of my family.
Washington Federal
Universal Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Newport, WAApril 29, 2014
Constant micromanaging. The environment is one that creates a school yard tattle telling mentality. Constant reporting leads to a fear of the big brother mentality. No severance package is provided to employees as they are fired with no warning.
Loved this job!
Loan Coordinator (Former Employee), Monmouth, ORApril 14, 2014
Pros: wonderful company to work for. enjoyed work everyday
Cons: pay was not very high
Small bank, but very conservative bank. Very traditional and conservative bank. They are VERY big on customer relationships, and there is NOT a lot of sales pressure which is wonderful. I loved what the bank stood for and very much so enjoyed working for them.
Good company to get experience from
Float Teller (Current Employee), Willamette Valley, ORApril 13, 2014
Pros: great experience, professional.
Cons: not full time, no benefits or paid vacation
Washington Federal is a good company to get banking experience from, I've learned a lot being new to banking, the people in the branch are very easy to get along with.
The hardest part to my job is driving and covering branches.
Easy company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), IdahoMarch 25, 2014
Company is very easy to work for, as far as being up to date in the financial industry they are not, but overall a good company to work for.
Day Porter (Former Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 12, 2013
Co-workers were very nice. A friendly environment were if you were down somebody would ask what was wrong. good benefits.
Nice branch
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Medford, ORSeptember 4, 2013
Considerate employees, service oriented atmosphere. Treated customers like family.

Washington Federal Salaries