Washington Federal

Washington Federal Employer Reviews

Washington Federal
Universal Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Newport, WAApril 29, 2014
Constant micromanaging. The environment is one that creates a school yard tattle telling mentality. Constant reporting leads to a fear of the big brother mentality. No severance package is provided to employees as they are fired with no warning.
Loved this job!
Loan Coordinator (Former Employee), Monmouth, ORApril 14, 2014
Pros: wonderful company to work for. enjoyed work everyday
Cons: pay was not very high
Small bank, but very conservative bank. Very traditional and conservative bank. They are VERY big on customer relationships, and there is NOT a lot of sales pressure which is wonderful. I loved what the bank stood for and very much so enjoyed working for them.
Good company to get experience from
Float Teller (Current Employee), Willamette Valley, ORApril 13, 2014
Pros: great experience, professional.
Cons: not full time, no benefits or paid vacation
Washington Federal is a good company to get banking experience from, I've learned a lot being new to banking, the people in the branch are very easy to get along with.
The hardest part to my job is driving and covering branches.
Easy company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), IdahoMarch 25, 2014
Company is very easy to work for, as far as being up to date in the financial industry they are not, but overall a good company to work for.
Day Porter (Former Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 12, 2013
Co-workers were very nice. A friendly environment were if you were down somebody would ask what was wrong. good benefits.
Nice branch
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Medford, ORSeptember 4, 2013
Considerate employees, service oriented atmosphere. Treated customers like family.
CSR/Teller
CSR/Teller (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 16, 2013
Pros: going to work and enjoying the position.
Enjoy working with public,great customer service skills. Enjoy keeping busy,learning any new skills possible,advancement with job. Great with numbers.
Relaxed Atmosphere & A Happy Place To Work
Part Time Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Stanwood WAApril 12, 2013
Pros: no cross selling requirements, fridge with beverages, potlucks &meeting the town's older customer base
Cons: days can be long since its so slow & working till 6 on fridays.
Loved the management & co workers. Felt like family since my coworkers been there for 20+ years! (It's a small town where everyone knows everyone) Fun holiday parties & was taken out to lunch every year for our start date anniversary! I worked part time for a few years before I had to quit to take care of my husband when his health declined. I'd go – more... work there again in a heartbeat. Not sure how things are run after the merger. Plus our wonderful manager Ted retired :( overall a great experience at WA FED :) – less
Great Company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZApril 10, 2013
Great team leadership! You learn many new things at Washington Federal, opening IRA'S business accounts, checking and savinsg accounts. Always something different to do.
A great stepping stone
VP Retail Banking Production (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 13, 2013
Pros: na
Cons: na
The company is a good stepping stone for entry level employees. I enjoyed working with many great employees and teams.
Slow relaxing environment
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Sun City West, AZMarch 13, 2013
Pros: soda in the break room
Cons: no 10 minute breaks. 45 min lunch. too slow
Typical office and customer service work. Able to work at your own pace and very secure company to work for.
Fun work environment/ Teamwork a must/lke family
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 2, 2012
Pros: friendly family workplace
Cons: no advancement
opened new accounts , New Loans Processed high volume loan products met all goals