Washington Hospital Center Employee Reviews

ok
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 31, 2017
its ok nice people stressful sometimes learned not to quit meeting new people of different cultures its ok public transportation to get back and forth
a great work place
Admission Representative 1 (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 26, 2017
WHC is a great place to work , the befits , fellowship , management and more . I would love to have stayed however the commute became to much for me.
Pros
everything
Cons
commute
Not nursing friendly
Clinical Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 12, 2017
Dislike working at Washington Hospital Center many years ago, maybe it has changed. I found it very stressful and not a supportive environment from a nursing standpoint.
Pros
great clinical experiences
Cons
stressful
A really good place to work.
Catering Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 10, 2017
I really enjoy working with the diffrent people you really get to learn the diffrent back grounds and culture there also theres always a great opportunity to grow and move up in the hospital.
Pros
Free food on select holidays and give aways with in the departments.
Cons
You have to work during snow storms and bad weather if it falls on your day to work.
Work culture is not great
Charge Nurse RN (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 9, 2017
Weak Team work. Seasoned nurses unwilling to teach new ones. Racially divided units. It is suppose to be a teaching hospital with a lot of doctors and nurses teaching the new ones, but doctors are disrespectful towards new nurses and the old nurses take pleasure in seeing the new nurses suffer.
Pros
Great incentives to join on board
Cons
Too much politics
Teamwork makes the dream work
Patient Transporter/Patient Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 8, 2017
Working with team members to complete tasks of various difficulties around the hospital. The average day will have you on your feet for the majority of the time either doing lifting, pushing, or pulling motions. The most enjoyable part of the job for me are the interactions I have with the patients, I often meet many different types of people from various backgrounds and most of the time I end up learning something new through them.
Priductive
HOSPITALITY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 5, 2017
Stressful work hard poor management short staff those are some of the things needs improving on the other hand it's a good hospital to work for ......
Pros
Free meal ticket
Cons
Healthcare facility
productive and flexible schedule for student
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 5, 2017
It's very easy to get hired with Air serve Corporation company, my supervisors walk me through all the training interns of policy and procedures and good management.
Pros
secured job
Cons
no benefit
Exciting place to work .
Imaging Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 30, 2017
The best part of my day is greeting the patients in the morning with a smile making them feel warm and secure in knowing that we are going to take very good care of them while in our care. I had a patient tell me that she felt more relaxed in getting her procedure because she felt like she was with family . Having anything done in a hospital is scrary enough but it sure helps to have someone who will reasure the patient that it will be ok and that we are there for them . That's the best part of my job. Nothing is hard about bein g human. I love my job and I do it every day with a tremdous smile .
Enjoyed working there
LPN (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 29, 2017
I was given the opportunity to grow as a nurse. The benefits were good and the staff was fun to be around. I was also able to create my own schedule, which allowed me to spend time with my family.
Pros
Self scheduling
Cons
I have none
Good Work Evironment Experience
Medical Administrative Assistant Trainee (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 27, 2017
Very attentative to the patients; Thorough in their work enthics; Caring; Considerate; Good teamwork; Clean examination rooms and patients are seen in a timely manner
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Shortbreaks
good for experience
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 23, 2017
high patient load good for training variety of cases. Workplace culture could use improvement. For more information call the Washington Hospital Center.
Pros
good experience
Cons
little space for advancement
Productive place to work.
EKG Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 20, 2017
Very nice place to work. The patient care quality is exceptional. Management needs to be more engaged with their employees. The most enjoyable part of my job was taking care of my patients.
Productive and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 19, 2017
Great place to work. Love the staff and patients. Although some days are harder than ever, i still enjoy coming into work everyday knowing that i still make a difference in someones life. WHC also gives you the opportunity to advance in you education and career.
Productive place to work
Mammography Breast Interventionalist Technologist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 16, 2017
An inspiring Large Level One Trauma Center who's goals are to provide superior healthcare services to the community and their physician an patient partners.
Pros
Great doctors
Cons
getting old and are challenged to maintain state of the art medical resources
diverse population with high acuities with multiple co morbidities with lots of independence
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 8, 2017
Patient assignment is 8 to 10 patients working in acute busy hospital in conjunction with a hospitalist who carries a patient load of 18 and more patients. Responsibilities include managing patient care with emphasis on stabilization of acute problems with minimizing or preventing complications, with emphasis on safe discharge. Responsibilities include comprehensive history and physical examinations and with assessments, diagnosing, treating,
ordering, performing, and interpreting lab and imaging studies prescribing medications, durable medical equipment, and therapeutic interventions, encouraging health promotion, disease prevention, health education, and counseling. There is collaboration and communication with the interprofessional healthcare team.
I have learned how to work with different personalities and have developed good communication skills to ultimately provide the safest and best patient care and outcomes. I feel I can anywhere as the challenges are intense. This has been frustrating at times, but ultimately rewarding
Pros
educational allowance
Hospitality is a dream job
Floor Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCJune 6, 2017
It was a temporary assignment didn't stay long so I don't have nothing bad to say it's a small hotel so the staff is like family I enjoyed my time there
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Small hotel
Great Establishment
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 5, 2017
This is a great establishment to work and be a patient. They make sure that everything is in order, the management works with you if you need more improvements in different areas they see you struggling.
Great place to grow.
Food Service Worker II (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 5, 2017
Great place to grow and learn new things.. Transferring is very possible in this hospital. Whether you have experience or familiarity in the department they are willing to help and teach you.
Excellent place to work
Registered Nurse, Resource Nurse (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 1, 2017
I LOVED working here. Great staff, great nursing leaders, always felt well supported and encouraged to advance in my career. I never felt pushed beyond what i could handle.
Pros
People, co workers, management
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Washington Hospital Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Washington Hospital Center Reviews by Location