Washington Hospital Center Employee Reviews

Nice place to work with adequate resources for learning and personal developmental purposes.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Nice environment and great working team
Cons: Short breaks
This is place where novice RN can be trained to be an expert. Nice working environment with good co-worker. Nice place to acquire necessary skills.
great place to work
Staff Nurse, RN, Emergency Department (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 14, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
Working at Washington Hospital Center added to my professional growth, contributing to my growth is the management team my co-workers and the patients.
A good place to work though it could be hectic most days
CLINICAL NURSE (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 8, 2015
Pros: With a good team, things are always taken care of and the unit under control no matter how busy it is.
Cons: I usually take early lunch on a good day. But when the floor is busy, then, I will my lunch late.
A typical day at work starts with greeting night staff, checking assignment, getting change of shift report that is completed at the bedside. Depending if I am the charge nurse for the day, I will proceed to check the refrigerators temperature, check the code cart and washers and complete that part by getting the floor report and counting of narcotics.

After all that, I would begin patients assessment and recheck orders and lab results, and proceed with routine patient care.
A great place to work
Medical Reeceptionist/Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 4, 2015
Pros: The hours where good
Cons: None
My day started at 9am. I was able to learn customer service skills, how to help input patients information. My manager was a great person to work for. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful.
Pleasant work environment
Office Manager (Current Employee), Washington,DCAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedules
Cons: Limited benefit packages
Washington Hospital Center provides a pleasant and diverse work environment with potential for growth. My position consisted of many roles and responsibilities from patient scheduling ,insurance verification, authorizations,customer service and claims submissions, Responsibilities included but not limited to managing a team of 5 staff members administrative, front desk personnel, and medical assistants. The hardest part of my roles and responsibilities was obstacles surrounding healthcare regulations. The most enjoyable part of my job is the end result of patient care and satisfaction.
Enviromental Service Aide (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 29, 2015
Pros: good benifits
Cons: union suck
Fast pace and demanding work environment. union suck but the hospital and the people is great. I like the flexible work hours. Holiday schedule and gifts were good
Work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 20, 2015
Performs a variety of direct patient care activities for a designated nursing or clinical department.
Assist medical and nursing staff with procedures and/or test , assist patients with Activities of Daily Living (ADL’S)
Obtains non-invasive body fluids specimens.
Sterilizing, storing, preparing and issuing dressing packs, treatment trays, and other ADL’s.

Relevant Skills and Experience
Technical Expertise( Knowledge and experience of EKG testing, placement of heart monitors on patients, completion of 2D Doppler, M- Mode echo studies, completion of carotid studies, ability to accurately administer stress test).

Nursing Skills (Record keeping of daily vital signs in medical records, able to draw blood and other duties as assigned, medication administration, recording input/output data, assistance with patient care needs)
Positive work enviroment
Environmental Director (Former Employee), Wash DCJune 9, 2015
Pros: great work enviroment
Cons: none
Responsible for the overall operation of the Environmental Services Department and Linen Department. Coordinate environmental safety & maintenance activities with other departments. Inspect and evaluate the facility for environmental maintenance issues/needs as well as facilitate repairs as needed.
Enjoyed my time there. Nice Workplace
Environmental Services (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 13, 2015
Pros: Great atmosphere, Great employees, love the adversity
Cons: Breaks seem short, sporadic miscommunication and gossip
Get there and crack a few jokes to get the employees smiling and help get there minds off of the things that might distract them from doing there assignment.
ok place to work
Material Handler (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 24, 2015
Pros: free lunch twice a year
its fast pace, when delivering medical supplies throughout the hospital. At this particular hospital each handler is giving his own floor/selection of units to do within he/or she shift. co-workers are encourage to help one another, those who complete there assignment faster then others. Your always able to learn because this jobs is connected to superior work fields that are counted on and our everyday life as a human race. there are no hard parts to this job, and my most enjoyable part is helping the patient.
It is room for advancement
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 14, 2015
Pros: Everyone knows your personal business. It is kind of ghetto
Cons: Pays pretty well
Depending on the department you work in it can be very busy and you can have room for advancement. I would recommend for employment
Fast paced multiple trauma patients was exciting to work in this fast pace
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 13, 2015
Pros: Working hand in hand with the residents
Cons: sometimes lose of life was high working in trauma
I worked on Trauma step down and rotate charge nurse as a travel nurse. Typical day had 8 patients and a care tech managed wound care pre and post op care. Discharge planning. I learned to work quick and think on my feet. I have always worked well with others I like to team approach. I have always enjoyed patient care . The hardest part of the job was dealing with the social aspects of high risk behavior by my most patients. The most enjoyable part was to see seriously injured patients walk out the door upon discharge.
A good place to work
Medical Biller Team Leader (Former Employee), Hyattsville, MDApril 7, 2015
Pros: flexible hours and a lot of over time
Cons: job stability
Working at Washington Hospital Center I Assisted with the formulation, presentation, and execution of the Washington Hospital Center, Medicare and Medicaid Budget.Edited and reviewed the Congressional Appropriation Congress Committee Reports relating to Medicaid Projects.Developed an International AIDS tracking database for other entities within the NIH to report grant data/information.Prepared budget-briefing material using Microsoft PowerPoint.Prepared a variety of budget material using Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Lotus 1-2-3 Release 9 for Windows.Prepared written responses to internal and external budget inquire using Microsoft Outlook and Word.Maintained and updated the Medicaid and Aetna funding information/data.Provided overall budget assistance to the OAR Budget Officer, and two senior Budget Analysts.Monitored the AIDS segments of six appropriation accounts.Prepared all travel orders and vouchers for OAR Budget staff.Prepared Purchase Order Request for all office supplies and/or equipment orders.Coordinated all renovations and moves within the OAR Budget Office.Prepared and executed all training nomination forms through the NIH NIHTS systemArranged and scheduled meetings for the OAR Budget Officer.Assisted with the planning of the NIH Director’s Budget Retreat. Developed forecasting reports for Budget Office.Reviewed the AIDS segment of the Preliminary Budget for five appropriation accounts.Coordinated all documents leaving the Budget Office going to Congress, DHHS, OMB and Other internal and external stakeholders.Assisted with the preparation of the OAR’s Congressional Justification.
Busy Hospital
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Assisted with paying for my BSN.
Cons: Some of my collegue PCT collegues didn't care about the quality of their work.
WHC is a large hospital. I completed a portion of my BSN training at WHC; working in the burn ICU and step-down burn units. The hospital is huge.
Love working at Medstar Washington Hospital Center
Data Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 25, 2015
I love working for Medstar Washington Hospital Center, their benefit package is great and the environment is a safe great place.
Excellent place to work!
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), 110 Irving Street N.W., Washington, DCMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great benefit package
Cons: my job required standing for long periods
My experience working at Washington Hospital Center has been wonderful. The most enjoyable part of the job was caring for patients and being a part of their overall healthcare.
Lunch together that the Owner has provided
Medical Eligibilty Representative (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 1, 2015
My typical day at work consist of receiving 10 self pay patients daily to screen by going to the patients hospital room for Medicaid DC. I follow up with Caseworks and communicate with the hospital Social Workers that call to follow up on the process of the Medicaid Application. My coworkers complain too much and forget the business at hand . The most enjoyable part of my job is that I have help someone get Medicaid .
Good Employer to work for. Tons of Experience
Registered Nurse - ED Clinical Nurse III (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 1, 2015
Great Organization to work for and opportunity to grow. Very Busy Emergency department through out the year. One thing i dislike about company is too much politics.
Great Work Place
Supervisor (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 23, 2015
I really enjoyed working at the Success Zone, Inc. I learned a lot about taxes, accounting and business here. I was laid off due to the fact some big time clients left the firm and they couldn't afford to keep me on board. This was a small accounting/tax firm.
Moral started to go down....
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 13, 2015
When I started working there is was a nice and pleasant environment. After years of different management and directors the department started to get harassed.