Washington Hospital Healthcare System

Washington Hospital Healthcare System United States Employee Reviews

Great Internship
Community Relation Intern (Former Employee), Fremont, CAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: helpful management
Cons: summer program.
Really great place to intern and everyone is friendly. I learned a lot from my supervisor. The work was simple and nothing was bad about the workplace. Only challenging part was to get everything perfect.
Too many expedite projects from the Financial department.
clerk (Former Employee), FremontOctober 29, 2013
Pros: pay may be suffent
Cons: not enough hires to help cover the finance's
Delegating job duties to one person instead of three is where the compromise is located in the financial department. Management needs to step in and re-evaluate it's own situation before the new codes of ICD-10 plop on its lap. Was Washington Hospital one of the 83 places that got caught with a hefty fine for exploiting the CMM? As reported this summer.
A few personnel are trying to defining themselves as to where the line meets between the title of management and non-management.
Personally, one should find the management's desk and plop the paper work on "their desk" or mail cubby hole. It is not in the job definition or retention that one person does a three person's job.
Management through finance department need to add extra paid hires to help cover the two voided space. OR find a way to organize its prioritized projects such as weekly audits. AND other such matters. Too many meetings means too little attention to the bottom line heading out.
Enjoyable Experience but Very Stressful
HIM IMAGING COORDINATOR (Former Employee), 2000 Mowry Ave., Fremont, CA 94538October 21, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: the stress level!
My work day was filled with lots of questions from other staff in the office. I was in charge of doing daily statistics, monthly statistics, medical staff reports, other reports for nursing, quality assurance.
Plus I would have medical record corrections that needed to be done, passwords that needed to be re-set, cleaning out work queues in the hybrid EMR system, HPF.
The management was almost non existent. They were busy, going to tons of meetings. There was no management consistently in the office.
Most of my co-workers were good to work with. Although there are issues with morale in the department, only because there isn't a member of management in the department all of the time.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the Finance Dept. They were borderline harassing at times because I didn't have the stats in on time. Sometimes this could not be helped, I explained this to them, but at times it did not matter. The most enjoyable part of the job was my ability to help people, whether it be the colleagues in my own dept or others within the hospital. I enjoy helping, being able to assist.
fast pace enviroment
Surgery Scheduling Receptionist (Former Employee), Fremont, CAAugust 21, 2013
Pros: free luncheons
My day starts and ends with alot of work that needs to be done in a timely manner. I completed a three person job daily. My Co-Workers were wonderful