Washington Hospital Healthcare System Employee Reviews

fast interesting place to work
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 27, 2017
Great environment Culture
People were friendly and courteous.
great pay, benefits, and bonuses
Able to work remotely
Daily tasks included
Calendar management
scheduling and managed doctors nurses, social workers, chaplains, visitors work schedules
track and manage employee hours, and vacations
logististics for all internal and external meetings.
catering,
managed all webinars, meetings, and telecom
Pros
flexibility
I really enjoyed my position. Voice recognition was purchased which eliminated by position.
Laboratory Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 18, 2017
Great place to work. Excellent pay. Unfortunately EMR purchased and voice recognition and was position was eliminated. I worked in the lab as well where I was learning other job duties. New manager eliminated my position.
Pros
Great pay.
Cons
Short-term due to voice recognition.
Challenging
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 6, 2017
Because the retirement and benefits are so good staff stay a very long time. Most of the Senior Management have been in place since they started their careers. Very little new ideas or energy.
My thoughts
CNA (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAMay 1, 2017
Great patient care, along with amazing benefits. Is a very clean establishmentioned with very educational workers who care about great deal about their patients and coworkers as well. Good place to work to get more hands on experience. Leaves a lot of job opportunities available and easy quick ways to transfer
Pros
Get free lunch if seen doing a job above and beyond
Cons
Hard to get the first time in if any emergencies happen your out of luck no option but to lose job
Poor Management (by fear) and poor training
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 6, 2016
I worked in ED Registration as a per diem. Never given the hours promised. Trained me pretty much in only one of four functions and had to work in same one for entire time there. Had to work 700 hours before probationary period is over. Let go for too many errors (Learning Curve???), yelled at by Doctors and Supervisor many times. Told "not to think!!!?"). Supervisor talked about to co-workers about me. Mgmt by fear. Let go because of an error, of which "none are allowed" (told this in those words). Never called in sick in six months; asked numerous times to fill in shifts and always said yes. Late once due to traffic. My production was the same as others with 10's of years experience. Let go for "poor job performance" just prior to probationary period ending. My peers were my supervisors. Put up with it for pay and never confronted management for how I was treated. Obviously, I should have.
Pros
My peers really were wonderful
Cons
See Review
Arrogant surgeons!!
Sr. Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CA,October 17, 2015
I worked as a registry person at this facily. It was a plastic surgeon of course that gave me a hard time all throughout the surgery. There was no Physician Assistant or First Assistant so I had to help him. It was he'll. this surgeon who I forgot the last name would make you look and feel like an idiot in front of everyone. Typical Plastic surgeon, was all about him and not about the patient. That was my first and last day to come there. Never again!!!
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Doctors Mistreat registry or travelers
Productive workplace
Sterile Processing Technician Student (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 23, 2015
Techs are knowledgeable and helpful to students that are willing to learn. Manager is very kind and willing to work with students' schedule
I learned a lot from coworker.
Senior Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 12, 2014
Good place to work and I have enjoyed working with a lot of ID Doctors.
Great Internship
Community Relation Intern (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 15, 2014
Really great place to intern and everyone is friendly. I learned a lot from my supervisor. The work was simple and nothing was bad about the workplace. Only challenging part was to get everything perfect.
Pros
helpful management
Cons
summer program.
Too many expedite projects from the Financial department.
clerk (Former Employee) –  FremontOctober 29, 2013
Delegating job duties to one person instead of three is where the compromise is located in the financial department. Management needs to step in and re-evaluate it's own situation before the new codes of ICD-10 plop on its lap. Was Washington Hospital one of the 83 places that got caught with a hefty fine for exploiting the CMM? As reported this summer.
A few personnel are trying to defining themselves as to where the line meets between the title of management and non-management.
Personally, one should find the management's desk and plop the paper work on "their desk" or mail cubby hole. It is not in the job definition or retention that one person does a three person's job.
Management through finance department need to add extra paid hires to help cover the two voided space. OR find a way to organize its prioritized projects such as weekly audits. AND other such matters. Too many meetings means too little attention to the bottom line heading out.
Pros
Pay may be suffent
Cons
Not enough hires to help cover the finance's
Enjoyable Experience but Very Stressful
HIM IMAGING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  2000 Mowry Ave., Fremont, CA 94538October 21, 2013
My work day was filled with lots of questions from other staff in the office. I was in charge of doing daily statistics, monthly statistics, medical staff reports, other reports for nursing, quality assurance.
Plus I would have medical record corrections that needed to be done, passwords that needed to be re-set, cleaning out work queues in the hybrid EMR system, HPF.
The management was almost non existent. They were busy, going to tons of meetings. There was no management consistently in the office.
Most of my co-workers were good to work with. Although there are issues with morale in the department, only because there isn't a member of management in the department all of the time.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the Finance Dept. They were borderline harassing at times because I didn't have the stats in on time. Sometimes this could not be helped, I explained this to them, but at times it did not matter. The most enjoyable part of the job was my ability to help people, whether it be the colleagues in my own dept or others within the hospital. I enjoy helping, being able to assist.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
The Stress Level!
fast pace enviroment
Surgery Scheduling Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 21, 2013
My day starts and ends with alot of work that needs to be done in a timely manner. I completed a three person job daily. My Co-Workers were wonderful
Pros
Free luncheons