Washington Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Reading, writing, exercising, Benevolent and basketball, and cards
Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCJune 7, 2016
First of all, it is good to have a job. You suppose to show your best ability on a job. Most of all being on time and be respectable to co-workers. You learned a lot everyday when you dealing with customer service and people, period. For the hardest part of the job is to be professional at all times and the most enjoyable part of the job is helping people making sure they are satisfy with your customer service and being polite.
Pros
To be able to satisfy customers at all time
Cons
Some workers are not following the rules and regulations
Great benefits
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 24, 2016
This employer provides great benefits and perks. Lots of opportunity for growth. I have learned to become a patient person. I also learned how fragile life really is. The most enjoyable aspect of my job is talking with my patients. The hardest part is seeing a family's pain through the loss of a loved one.
Pros
Great health insurance, benefits
Cons
parking, management, hard to get hired
Washington Hospital Center
pct (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 13, 2016
Assisting with patient care under the direction of the registered nurse daily.
This hospital provides necessary classes for you, so you can expand in your current job title.
Management is great!
Co-workers are great and fun to work with.
Losing a patient.
Helping others, whether it is a patient or staff member.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Excellent workplace
Financial Clearance Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 7, 2016
WHC is a productive, secure and fun place to work with variety of culture people. You have to be thorough in your work and very responsible. Always willing to help patients as well as your coworkers.
Research Assistant and Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 24, 2016
Great place to work especially if you're fresh out of school and looking for experience that most organizations won't give an entry-level employee. Lots of room for growth
busy work environment
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 4, 2016
a typical day at WHC is you come in do your rounds with leaving PCT then you start your vital signs, adl's and blood sugar if you have any in your group of patients..
The best place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 4, 2016
Washington hospital center is always a good place to work. And i have gain a lot of exprience and skills about patients and family members,
Dispatcher/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 9, 2016
This is a hospital, where we provide excellent patient care. Environmental Services clean, refresh all area's of the hospital. From patients rooms to public areas. Maintaining great numbers with our HCAP scores
Good
MT (Former Employee) –  Flow Cytometry / Molecular DiagnosticsMay 17, 2016
Pleasant place to work with the correct mind set. Check all your work. Work weekends and holidays rotating with others. Great help with any problem from the medical staff.
Great place to work!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 4, 2016
Great coworkers, Registered Nurse in the cardiac unit. started in July 2011 and currently employed there. great tuition reimbursement.

Want to know more about Washington Hospital?

Ask a question
Really enjoyed my job and meeting new people every day
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAOctober 2, 2015
The continuous hiring of employees that don't even care about there job, they were the ones praised for everything . The safety of the patients and employee's was unacceptable . The job it self was rewarding . I had learned a lot .
Pros
Loved taking care of people
Cons
The safety for everyone
Meeting people
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 18, 2015
I enjoy treating the patron's as my guess and they was visiting my home.I know the pentagon isn't my personal home.But,I treated it a a home away from home.Because,once I clock into work,I'am ready to make sure everyone have a great day like mine's and don't have to worry about having their work space untidy.Because I'am on the job to handle that part.I was very thankful for Didlake for given me the opportunity to do so.
Pros
A great work place.
Productive and and ready to experience every day life
Assistant Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington,DCJune 23, 2015
A typical day at work consist of greeting patients. Verifying insurance, answering phones, triage. The most valuable thing I learned working here is to always prepared to respond to crisis situations. Always worked as a great team with my co workers. We all learned different things from one another. The hardest part of the job sometimes is being patient with impatient people, who are very rude. The most enjoyable part of the job is making sure people are happy and are in great care of at all times. Always assuring the patients they are in good hands.
Pros
great relationships with the patients
Cons
Miss lunch some days
Wonderful volunteer opportunity!
Volunteer (Candy Striper/ER) (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAJune 10, 2015
If you're young and looking for a great first job experience in a hospital setting, then this is a great place for you! The volunteer staff are so friendly, and the responsibilities attained give you a great idea of what the job market will hold in the future. I highly recommend working in the ER; there's never a dull moment, and interacting with the nursing staff is valuable if you're considering a career in that field.
Pros
Great work environment, numerous responsibilities, never bored
Cons
Have to pay for lunch
People can be nice. Lots of griping and not much room for advancement
Sitter (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAAugust 7, 2015
Want more room for training and advancement. I took this job to get into the system and they hire people from the outside when I apply for positions. I feel they want to keep you where you are when you are a good worker.
very nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAAugust 25, 2015
I was employed there for almost 10 years. Great leadership in the facility. I worked in the CCU and the Cardiac Cath lab. The facility is always looking for ways to better and grow.
Valuable learning experience, while caring for patients.
Charge/Staff Nurse - Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 8, 2015
Typical day was busy! Learned compassion for disabled patients, physical and mental. Management was better than most jobs I had prior to this experience. Co-works were the best. We were a team in every way and after moving on to other jobs for various reasons, we are still in touch socially.
The hardest part of the job was rarely getting a lunch break. The most enjoyable part were the people I worked with.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Short or no breaks
difficult working enviroment
Clinical perfusionist (Former Employee) –  Fremont,CASeptember 4, 2015
Provided excellent service within a difficult working environment. High turn over rate of cardiovascular surgeons.
Great place to start career
Registered Respiratory Care Practitioner II (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 1, 2015
Washington hospital is a great place to start your career in the health care. Willing to train new graduates and is not an overwhelming place to work
Pros
excellent opportunities
Cons
rarely benefited positions
Productive and Educational
UNIT CLERK (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 1, 2014
Working at Washington Hospital Center was beyond my best Job ever, as well as my 1st Job. A typical day there included Charting, taking doctors orders, making sure the patients were comfortable and tend to. When I Say that is was a very Educational Job I meant everyday was different a different patient with a different diagnoses which was challenging and exciting as well. Even though I'm no longer there I still remain in touch with my old co-workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Washington Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.