Washington Hospital Employee Reviews

Nice place to work at
CNA/HHA (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 1, 2017
Washington Hospital is very friendly with their employees. They have good staff. Great benefits for their employees and a safe environment for their employees as well as their patients.
Great Place to Tutor Kids
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 11, 2017
Gave me insight on how to teach children. I love talking and it gave me the opportunity to work with many kids who love to have a good time learning. Helped me a few years later when I tutored a child for Biology and Chemistry.
Research Specialist (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCNovember 6, 2016
My work place is a very nice place to work. However, The management for the research department was very poor. too much politic games from the manger level.
Pros
flexible
Cons
group politic game
Positive Workplace
Nuclea (Current Employee) –  Washington, PANovember 4, 2016
Great work live balance. Co-workers are wonderfully helpful and dedicated to their jobs. The job is very hectic, but if you stay on top of things it goes by pretty easily without any issues.
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  District of Columbia, DCOctober 25, 2016
Washington Hospital Center
Located in District of Columbia, DC
great place to learn and become a better clinician every day. Positive environment.
Supportive staff and great management
Responsible but relaxed place to work
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 25, 2016
Formal training given and the management shows a interest in appreciating is employees. Since the breach of computer systems that resource is limited but available.
Pros
Free birthday lunches, reminders for education course completion
Cons
Short lunch breaks, terrible I.T. support and everything is computerized
Pleasant place to work
Patient Accounting Representative (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 15, 2016
I was a per diem at Washington, I learned alot in patient account. Cash Posting, Follow Up, and Billing. My coworkers were very pleasant to work with, we were one big family. Alot of fun activities during the Holidays.
Application Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCAugust 26, 2016
My department at Washington Hospital Center is great. I am looking for a job because there is little opportunity for advancement based on the position that I am at.
Pros
Great Benefits, great coworkers
Cons
opportunity for advancement is slim.
Excellant Hospital
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  pre med surgical unitAugust 25, 2016
Very informative unit, I learned a lot , enjoyed working with the staff, overall I loved helping the patients. The day to day challenges is what kept you going. Knowing you made a difference , in the patients, and their families well being. At the end of the day, you did your best to make that someone feel better.
Pros
Nice benefit package, salary
Cons
Having to work with minimal staffing.
This is very productive work place. Some people walk on shells because the Job Sercurity is not really safe
Medical Office Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJuly 28, 2016
You never know what is going to happen on a typical work day. You have patients that are wonderful people but they are having a hard time. You have co-workers who are the greatest. You just never know what will happen because after all this is a hospital.

Want to know more about Washington Hospital?

Ask a question
Learning about the different types of health insurance.
Pre-Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 13, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was the patient's health insurance was verified prior to their surgery. Admitting the patient to the hospital would be smooth when they come to the hospital at 5:00 am.
Pros
Meeting new people and opportunities
Cons
short lunch breaks
Reading, writing, exercising, Benevolent and basketball, and cards
Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCJune 7, 2016
First of all, it is good to have a job. You suppose to show your best ability on a job. Most of all being on time and be respectable to co-workers. You learned a lot everyday when you dealing with customer service and people, period. For the hardest part of the job is to be professional at all times and the most enjoyable part of the job is helping people making sure they are satisfy with your customer service and being polite.
Pros
To be able to satisfy customers at all time
Cons
Some workers are not following the rules and regulations
Great benefits
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 24, 2016
This employer provides great benefits and perks. Lots of opportunity for growth. I have learned to become a patient person. I also learned how fragile life really is. The most enjoyable aspect of my job is talking with my patients. The hardest part is seeing a family's pain through the loss of a loved one.
Pros
Great health insurance, benefits
Cons
parking, management, hard to get hired
Good
MT (Former Employee) –  Flow Cytometry / Molecular DiagnosticsMay 17, 2016
Pleasant place to work with the correct mind set. Check all your work. Work weekends and holidays rotating with others. Great help with any problem from the medical staff.
The best place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 4, 2016
Washington hospital center is always a good place to work. And i have gain a lot of exprience and skills about patients and family members,
busy work environment
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 4, 2016
a typical day at WHC is you come in do your rounds with leaving PCT then you start your vital signs, adl's and blood sugar if you have any in your group of patients..
Great place to work!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 4, 2016
Great coworkers, Registered Nurse in the cardiac unit. started in July 2011 and currently employed there. great tuition reimbursement.
Research Assistant and Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 24, 2016
Great place to work especially if you're fresh out of school and looking for experience that most organizations won't give an entry-level employee. Lots of room for growth
Excellent workplace
Financial Clearance Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 7, 2016
WHC is a productive, secure and fun place to work with variety of culture people. You have to be thorough in your work and very responsible. Always willing to help patients as well as your coworkers.
Dispatcher/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 9, 2016
This is a hospital, where we provide excellent patient care. Environmental Services clean, refresh all area's of the hospital. From patients rooms to public areas. Maintaining great numbers with our HCAP scores

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Washington Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval