Washington Nationals Employee Reviews

Fun place to meet new friends and new people from different areas around the country.
Guest Experience Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 2, 2017
You meet the baseball players in person, the food is great. Most enjoyable part of working at Nationals is watching the games and cheering on with the crowd.
Pros
Food is great even though you have to pay at consession stands
Cons
productive and fun workplace with game views
Guest Service Representative/ Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 24, 2017
Typical day at work consist of customer confidentiality. Ive learned lots of patience working with different attitudes day today.Management was very helpful.The hardest part was going back to work after being on break from watching the game.The most enjoyable part was meeting new peopled the concerts.
Great way to insure guest have a memorable visit.
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 22, 2017
I enjoy giving the guest exceptional service when they arrive in the ballpark. The guest look to me to answer their questions, participate in picture taking, accept their family stories, interact with them when dancing, singing and cheering.
Pros
Free lunches, bobble head, T-shirt give aways. First aid on site. Family like co-workers.
Cons
Short breaks, no healthcare, standing on concret long lengths of time.
Successful work atmosphere
Promotions & Events Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 5, 2017
Working for the Washington Nationals has shown what a successful work atmosphere should be. Everyone pushes each other to do better but shows gratitude often for the hard work.
Management of Security Sucks
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCApril 2, 2017
The Security Manager protects the one's he like's and if your not the same color skin as him you wont make it. close to vestment in retirement out the door
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management
Productive , fun , and energetic place to work and enjoy yourself at the same time
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 15, 2017
A typical day at work is dealing with fans and customers in a fun and positive way with all the energy you can provide to make a fun and challenging game , The enjoyable part of it all is the home run , the win and how the crowd go crazy.
The workplace culture is amazing how everyone create a positive vibe and make the environment great for each other to enjoy the event.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
30 minute breaks
I love the TEAM, that was my motivation
Everything (Former Employee) –  In the TunnelFebruary 12, 2017
It was hard to depart but the decision became easier with the dissatisfaction of management. Some departments, a lot of departments had poor management and still do. The upper management were more supportive than your manager however their jobs are to support their direct reports and you have to follow the chain of command. HR was ineffective and didn't help with most concerns and those that wanted to help couldn't because they were scared for their job security. It just changed for the worst. Best of luck to the team!! I hope things change around there and get better for all the small people working their butts off night and day behind the scenes, you know the people keeping things going.
Pros
Free lunch during season, free parking
Cons
Short breaks, poor management, poor HR, great upper management but they dont always know whats going on downstairs, clubhouse great, grounds people great, facilities people are so, so.
Productive and fun work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 14, 2017
prep my work area,make sure the store is ready to open up to the fans. Greet the fans and talk about baseball with them. Management is great and understanding. Great co-workers. The commute on the bus and train is sometimes a lot but worth it. All the fans I get too meet and team players family is really exciting.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Batting Practice Pitcher (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 21, 2016
The Nationals' full time staff are exactly the type of people you would want to work with: energetic, engaging, and dedicated to doing a good job the right way. The managers care about their employees, and do everything to allow us to do our jobs effectively. In my job, which involves interaction with fans and clients, the best part is knowing that you are helping these people create cherished memories of their time at Nationals Park. To me, there is no better feeling.
The most interest place of them all the nats
Escort customers to desired location (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 27, 2016
A typical day for me it start out being exciting and fun.I learned that if you be nice to other they will do the same to you.There's always a supervisor who know how to manage people I had some of the best co-workers that was on my team and i wouldn't change them for the world.Is saying no to a fan when we have a giveaway day.Seeing the smiles on the fans face and how happy they wear when we win a game.

Want to know more about Washington Nationals?

Ask a question
Great place do learn to be professional
Professional Baseball (Current Employee) –  Viera, FLSeptember 20, 2016
This job you have to be committed and willing to adapt to anything. i have worked and learned from some of the best ball players and coaches in the country.
Pros
I have met a ton of people
Cons
not a good paying job
Bad Management
Guest Experience Rep (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 9, 2016
I worked for Washington Nationals for less than 1 month due to poor management skills and the supervisors don't care about the low level staff such as guest experience rep
fun and productive
Retail Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 18, 2016
i really like my job my co-workers are nice funny and energetic and very helpful my customer come back all the time to visit our store they are really nice and all my manager are nice and very helpful to the employees and i just really like working there
Great first baseball experience
Stadium Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Viera, FLJuly 18, 2016
This was my first job in professional baseball. It was a great learning experience. For Spring Training it was a small operation, so I was able to gain experience in multiple areas.
Fun place to work, zero advancement opportunities
(MLB) Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington Navy Yard, DCJuly 16, 2016
Large amount of outbound phone calls, zero opportunity for advancement. Fun atmosphere but poor pay since they know they can hire anyone to take your place.
Pros
Free tickets to games
Cons
Zero advancement, long hours, no overtime, make you clock out and then keep working
Great place to work and also enjoy baseball
Cook,Food Prep, Cust Excellence Player-Fan Liason (Former Employee) –  Viera, FLJanuary 27, 2016
I truly enjoyed working for the Nationals and their Management. It hopefully gave me some opportunities for the future. As far as meeting the players, working the locker room with them was a once in a lifetime experience I'd say.
I would like to work for them again however they are leaving Space Coast Stadium, very very sad. They will be truly missed by many!
Pros
Getting to meet the players, coaches and be in a great work atmosphere
Work hard play hard
Senior Ticket Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 21, 2016
Every day is different depending on if it's a game day or not, if the team won the night before, if we're getting ready for a season ticket holder event or if it's the off-season. The job can be incredibly stressful at times, but if you're a passionate sport fan and can live off of coffee and ballpark food for 6 months at a time, it's worth it!
Pros
Free baseball!
Cons
Baseball is an incredibly long season
calm
box office ticket seller (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 11, 2016
i enjoyed this job because of the experience and the laid back feel sometimes. the management team was excellent and well put together
Fun place to work
Grounds Crew (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 21, 2015
I love working for a professional baseball organization and my co-workers are a fun group of people to be around. You must be professional at this job because you never know who is watching you. The president and CEO of the Washington Nationals could be watching your every move.
Organization focused on improving fan experience
Graduate Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 1, 2015
During the baseball season, full time staff is very busy with the day-to-day operations of the front office. Unfortunately, this means they do not always have time to educate interns and seasonal staff.