As a leading supplier of thermoplastic resins, compounds, and custom formulations, our policy is to improve continually the quality of our product, service, and management systems so that the customers' needs will be fulfilled. We will remain in constant and open-minded communications with our customers, suppliers, and co-workers.
1) The cost effective design, manufacturing and delivery of precisely controlled thermoplastic formulations that meet customer expectations.
2) Strive to understand the disposition of all materials at all times, including raw materials, intermediates, WIP, finished goods, distressed materials, inventoried materials on or off site, materials transferred to customers, etc.
3) Strive to reduce variation in raw materials, manufacturing/processing, inspection and finished goods.
4) Continuous improvement.
The Quality Manager is responsible for managing and leading direct reports and teams towards meeting the Quality Mission. This includes, but is not limited, to the following major responsibilities.
Responsibility for Safety, Health & Environmental
1) Individual is expected to perform job duties safely and in compliance with documentation outlined in the Safety, Health & Environmental system.
2) Actively participate in Monthly Safety Meetings and perform audits as scheduled by the Safety Department.
1) Responsible for understanding and/or assigning resources for the purpose of understanding the quality and fitness for use disposition of all raw materials
Design for Manufacturing
1) Responsible for overseeing the handshake of new products into manufacturing
a. Inputs – BOM, Pre-trial, Specifications, Control Plan
b. Outputs – Product Control, Process Control, Specifications
c. Assignment – Champion, assign resources to support
d. Resources – Process Engineering, Product Development, Market Development, Manufacturing Representatives
e. Measures – First-time design success rate
1) Responsible for assigning, leading and managing resources to validate the effectiveness of the manufacturing of products
a. Inputs – Process Control, Product Control, Inspection and Testing
b. Outputs – Data, Intermediates, Finished Goods, Control Plan, Specifications, Certification
c. Assignments – Lead/Manage, Product Disposition Decisions, Produce/Shut-Down, Ship/No-Ship
d. Resources – Quality Technicians, Operators, other facility and corporate resources as needed
e. Measures – Capability, Productivity, Performance, Cost
Finished Goods Integrity
1) Responsible for the assigning, leading and managing resources to
a. Verify Proper Storage, Packaging, Labeling and Hand-off for Delivery
b. Ensure Integrity
1) Champion the customer complaint process
2) Champion justified and assigned continuous improvement efforts from:
a. Operations Incidents
b. Process Audits
c. Manufacturing Data
1) Participate as a resource on assigned teams and to accomplish other duties as assigned
2) Participate in required meetings
3) Participate in justified skills and career development
4) Evaluate direct report performance to determine need for improvement or removal, assess and implement justified development
5) Work in an open-minded manner both cross-functionally and across facilities and divisions to support learning and continuous improvement of the organization
6) Support all other company objectives in Safety, Growth, People, Quality, Responsiveness, Cost and in compliance with the Quality Management System
1) A 4-year degree in a science or engineering field is preferred with a minimum of five years of relevant technical or managerial experience working in a quality or manufacturing environment.
2) Strong leadership skills for managing technical and manufacturing support resources are a requirement.
3) A teamwork approach and strong communication skills are a requirement.
4) Skilled use, analysis and interpretation of data, including statistical techniques, are a requirement.
5) Efficient use of basic computer software, including word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, databases, e-mail, etc. is a requirement.
6) Must be able to travel to Customer sites, Vendors, and between WPP divisions.
1) Office Environment
2) Manufacturing Environment
3) Laboratory Environment