Responsible for assisting the operator in running the machine. Stages material for the order, enters materials in the tally sheet, boxes finished material when necessary, and performs several other functions to ensure production operations run smoothly throughout the shift.
Responsibility for Safety, Health & Environmental
- Individual is expected to perform job duties safely and in compliance with documentation outlined in the Safety, Health & Environmental system.
- Follow instructions for safe handling of materials as per product Material Safety Data Sheet.
- Wears proper safety equipment as specified in Material Safety Data Sheets or work instruction.
- Maintains clean and safe work area and reports hazards and faulty equipment to Supervisor.
- Actively participates in Monthly Safety Meetings, completes monthly quiz rockets, and participates in safety audits.
- Assist the operator with running the machine.
- Communicates with the operator and other laborers through the shift and at shift change.
- Assists with training of new hires.
- Acts as a back up to operators or other plant positions when necessary.
- Individual is expected to perform job duties in compliance with defined management system requirements.
- Participate in problem solving activities and identify opportunities for improvement within the quality process.
- Prepares extrusion area for production order or assumes responsibility for order currently in progress.
- Performs testing on in-process material per the Product Control Plan.
- Confirms that proper materials are being used.
- Document pertinent information about the run or approval for deviations from the Bill of Materials in the Process Log.
- Operates tow motor throughout shift.
- Maintains proper documentation of material identification as material is used or returned to storage. Enters material into tally sheet and weighs up materials at the end of the run.
- Updates Business Plan board as needed.
- Performs other duties and assignments as directed by supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Skilled in the use of basic computer software, including word-processing, graphics, and spreadsheets.
- Manufacturing Environment
*We are a 24/7 operation. Must be able to work a rotating shift schedule.
Washington Penn Plastic Company (WPP) is a leading provider of compounded polypropylene and polyethylene products in the United States. WPP offers a variety of custom-made plastic products to market segments including Automotive, Building & Construction, Appliance, Packaging and Disposable Products, Lawn & Garden, Pool & Spa, Electronics, and Medical, among others. WPP’s polyolefin products can be used for a variety of applications, and WPP has specific expertise in producing high quality plastics in the five product classes it offers.
WPP’s operations include manufacturing plants and a corporate headquarters in Washington, Pennsylvania, a plant in Frankfort, Kentucky, a plant in Monterrey, Mexico, a plant in Bratislava, Slovakia and around 25-30 sales and marketing staff strategically located to serve our customers.
The Audia Group of Companies offers a comprehensive, better than market, employee benefit program rooted in a commitment to the wellbeing and engagement of employees and their families. We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including profiting sharing, medical, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), training & career development, and tuition reimbursement. In addition to these core benefits, we provide other benefits, services and wellness activities to help enhance employees' quality of life.