Washington Regional Medical Center

Washington Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

They are not in the healing/care profession, but in the healthcare industry.
RN (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARDecember 29, 2014
Washington Regional is more concerned with being perceived excellent than they are with actually being excellent.

Raises are denied due to lack of funds, but they find the money for new construction and management bonuses.

It is a job; Don't let the bureaucracy hinder your ability to care about each and every patient that comes through those doors.
Pros
essentially the only hospital job in fayetteville.
Cons
very little job satisfaction to be found here. most employees are trapped.
does no work with school or family things
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT - Critical Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 27, 2015
I was told that when i applied and got the job offer that i would be able to go part time when i start college. When i let the boss know 2 months in advance that i would be starting school they told me that they would not let me go part time. They don't work with your school schedule what so ever.
Pros
some good nurses
Cons
scheduling, work environment, management
Washington Regional Medical Center
PHLEBOTOMIST/LAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, AROctober 27, 2015
Washington Regional Medical Center was a very good place to work. I learned lab assisting skills that I am able to utilize in the future.
Great place & people to work for
Security Manager (Former Employee) –  3215 NorthHills Blvd Fayetteville, ARSeptember 1, 2015
Managing badge access control systems. Meeting with contractors to accomplish security measures. Managing digital security video systems. Developing security policies. Attending Emergency Operation drills. I was fortunate to have a close knit team that helped accomplish goals.Managing capital & operational budgets yearly.
Wonderful leadership... Supportive HR
Dialysis Tech (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 27, 2015
There is excellent training, great co workers. A typical day was stringing machines, accessing fistulas and grafts, vital signs, charting, cleaning equipment...
The hardest part was bending over the chairs for accessing, holding pressure and keep patient turnaround time in 15 minutes.
Enjoyed being with the patients
Pros
Cons
Dialysis employees do not get paid enough
Structured, 9-5 job
Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 26, 2013
The work pace is steady and seemingly predictable. I learned how to manage staff members as well as oversee multi-million dollar budgets. The upper level management focused on the bottom line. My co-workers/peers were a very diverse group within all areas of the organization. The biggest hurdle I had to overcome with this job was wanting to be challenged more and accept more responsibilites. The most enjoyable aspect was the seperation between my professional and personal life.
Pros
salary, benefits
Cons
values of upper management, lack of compassion for entry level staff
Good benefits good company
Supervisor Kendra Hubbard (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARNovember 6, 2013
This is a solid place of employment. The job is rewarding and challenging. As an RN the call time is difficult to handle- full time nurses take an additional 4 shifts of call during a 6 week period in the maternal child department. You can expect to work most of the call or be called in at ANY time during the 12 hours. The employees work hard to bring quality safe care to the patients and the management seems to back their employees. If you don't mind working really hard in a challenging environment and working a lot of call this is a good job choice.
Fast Paced, Big Hospital
RN, Cardiology/Telemetry/Progressive Step (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARDecember 29, 2014
I worked Cardiology for 8 months. I probably should have started as Med-Surg, but once they hire you, they don't allow you to transfer until 18 months, so if the unit you get hired for is not a good fit, you either tough it out, leave, or get fired. Overall great staff and resources. It felt good to be a part of a cohesive care team. 12 hour night shifts are hard, especially on me.
Pros
great resources, staff
Cons
high acuity
Productive Work Place with a lot of learning experience
PBX Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMarch 20, 2015
A typical day for myself as a full time college student was an 8 hour shifts Saturday and Sunday and more working hours during school breaks. I went through a fast pace training session with a senior operator and learned the ropes of handling incoming and outgoing calls as well as how to handle requests of in house staff. My coworkers were nice for the most part. The hardest part of the job was being stuck in the same spot for long periods of time, some days were busy some were slow. Most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
Nice people, pleasant environment, overwhelmingly busy
MEDICAL STAFF SERVICES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ArkansasJuly 16, 2014
WRMC was a great place to work, but the department in which I worked was undervalued, creating an immense workload and expectations that were unattainable. Being a non-profit, budget constraints demanded more and more from employees, creating a very stressful environment. I did learn a great deal and while I was intimidated by the physicians with whom I worked on a daily basis when I started in this position, by the end of my time there I was able to communicate effectively and had gained the respect of several of the physician leaders with whom I worked. My co-workers were always pleasant, though many were working under the same demands placed on me. I did have plenty of opportunity to utilize my problem solving and analytical skills to redesign and improve processes that were performed by my department.
Pros
nice people, pleasant environment
Cons
too much work, lack of job security (lost job due to layoffs)
Great Hospital , Lacking in managment department
Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 1, 2014
This is a great hospital to work for in terms of the newness of the equipment and the people that work around you in other departments. However, in my personal experience management from my department was inadequate. They had no clue as to how the inner workings of our department worked, and they weren't involved in disciplining those that were disturbing the work environment; people that should have been disciplined were instead left with running the department when they shouldn't have been. This a lot of times resulted in a high turnover rate of employees due to the un hospitable work environment.
Pros
nice equiptment, new hopsital
Cons
poor managment, high turnover rate
perfect place to work
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARFebruary 6, 2015
everyone is friendly and supportive and helpful, i dont have a single complaint about working there. management was very helpful with anything i needed too.
Pros
great healthcare
Cons
shortlunches
Its a job
Food Prep II (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARAugust 15, 2013
I cooked for the patients within the hospital every day. The management and co-workers like the drama. The favorite part of my job was being able to work with one of my best friends.
Pros
some co workers, hours, benifits
Cons
management, some co-workers, pay
Not the best experience at WRMC
Precertification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARNovember 29, 2012
I didn't have the best experience at WRMC. My coworkers weren't very friendly/nice to me (I realize this is not required, but it would have been nice anyway) and the position was presented to me in a misleading fashion. It turned out to be the most boring, non-challenging job ever and did not (should not have) require a nurse to fill the position.Management was rigid and not responsive to questions. Transfer to a more challenging position during the probabationary period was impossible.
Overall good place to work; Start out/Stay long term
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMarch 26, 2013
I really enjoyed working here. Really great environment (on nights) with teamwork and great nurses. Directors not really involved with anything and Assistant Director's are two-faced. For the most part, works well with scheduling, vacations, holidays, etc. No set schedules though. Benefits are good and affordable. Offers lots of opportunities for learning at Education center. Pt ratio on Cardiac floor is 6 to 1; but again, on nights, not too horrible. I wish I would have stayed there.
Not Recommended for the Young & Innovative
IT (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARDecember 22, 2012
Not many IT people in the IT department. They have newer technologies but old or non-existent processes. Very stubborn to change and/or innovations. Still 5 years behind on some things. Most IT employees are former nurses, lab techs, etc and their knowledge of the systems is only of what they used to do. There is hardly any diversity (color wise). Management incompetent, stubborn. I was happy to leave. Cheap health insurance, worst bonus ever! I've worked at better place.
Patient's Choice Award Recepient
Operating Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 10, 2013
20+ surgical procedures daily
Patient satisfaction and safety are key
Management works closely with employees and other management to maintain goals
Coworkers strive for excellence
Hardest part of the job is understaffing
Most enjoyable is the patient interaction
Pros
reduced lunch prices, scrubs are provided
Cons
physical demands
Hard Work but enjoyable
Certified Nursing Assistant/Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 4, 2013
12 hour shifts 30 minutes or less lunch
patient room to room rounding as soon as clocked in, answered call lights, answered phones, passed meal trays, fed patients who needed help eating, helped patients toilet, bathe, and other daily activities, helped ambulate and turn patients, took vitals, assisted with dressing/wound/ostomy changes, emptied drains, electronically charted everything I done, assisted RN's in anything they needed help with, watched heart rhythms and reported any serious changes, collected and transported speciments to lab, transported blood products, post surgery care for patients

I learned alot of minor medical, heart rhythms, teamwork,

management for the most part was pretty great. the company held annual company wide employee surveys that instituted the required changes in management that were better

co-workers in general were equally hardworking and teamwork

hardest part of job was the lifting and turning of patients who couldn't help themselves (up to 300lbs or more) and the never time for a break made for tough days.

the most enjoyable part was the meeting new and interesting people on a daily basis.
Pros
free medical advice from dr's
Cons
healthcare so minimal lunch break and no other breaks (no time)
Great healthcare system
Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARSeptember 8, 2014
Great place to be in healthcare.

Washington Regional is the only not-for-profit, community-owned and locally governed healthcare system in Northwest Arkansas. The system includes:

an acute care hospital,
a rehabilitation hospital,
kidney dialysis centers,
an outpatient surgery center, and
a network of clinics and services.

We are committed to improving the health of the people we serve in Washington, Benton, Madison, and Carroll counties by providing compassionate, high quality care, prevention and wellness education.
Staff and charge RN. Responsibilities (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARSeptember 2, 2014
Great place to work. Structured management that offers a lot off support to their staff.