Washington Regional Medical Center

Washington Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Productive Work Place with a lot of learning experience
PBX Switchboard Operator (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARMarch 20, 2015
A typical day for myself as a full time college student was an 8 hour shifts Saturday and Sunday and more working hours during school breaks. I went through a fast pace training session with a senior operator and learned the ropes of handling incoming and outgoing calls as well as how to handle requests of in house staff. My coworkers were nice for the most part. The hardest part of the job was being stuck in the same spot for long periods of time, some days were busy some were slow. Most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
perfect place to work
Patient Transporter (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: great healthcare
Cons: shortlunches
everyone is friendly and supportive and helpful, i dont have a single complaint about working there. management was very helpful with anything i needed too.
They are not in the healing/care profession, but in the healthcare industry.
RN (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARDecember 29, 2014
Pros: essentially the only hospital job in fayetteville.
Cons: very little job satisfaction to be found here. most employees are trapped.
Washington Regional is more concerned with being perceived excellent than they are with actually being excellent.

Raises are denied due to lack of funds, but they find the money for new construction and management bonuses.

It is a job; Don't let the bureaucracy hinder your ability to care about each and every patient that comes through those doors.
Fast Paced, Big Hospital
RN, Cardiology/Telemetry/Progressive Step (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARDecember 29, 2014
Pros: great resources, staff
Cons: high acuity
I worked Cardiology for 8 months. I probably should have started as Med-Surg, but once they hire you, they don't allow you to transfer until 18 months, so if the unit you get hired for is not a good fit, you either tough it out, leave, or get fired. Overall great staff and resources. It felt good to be a part of a cohesive care team. 12 hour night shifts are hard, especially on me.
Nice new hospital
Cardiac Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Fort Smith, AROctober 23, 2014
Very nice and new hospital. Overall environment feels safe.

As far as work environment, the hospital was physician owned - not sure about now - I would not go back to work here, EVER. Doctors were rude to nursing staff, administration really did not care to look out for staff.
Great Place to work
Registered Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARSeptember 22, 2014
Finley hospital has a great sense of community. The hospital has state of the art cath lab.
Great healthcare system
Senior Recruiter (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARSeptember 8, 2014
Great place to be in healthcare.

Washington Regional is the only not-for-profit, community-owned and locally governed healthcare system in Northwest Arkansas. The system includes:

an acute care hospital,
a rehabilitation hospital,
kidney dialysis centers,
an outpatient surgery center, and
a network of clinics and services.

We are committed to improving the health of the people we serve in Washington, Benton, Madison, and Carroll counties by providing compassionate, high quality care, prevention and wellness education.
Staff and charge RN. Responsibilities (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARSeptember 2, 2014
Great place to work. Structured management that offers a lot off support to their staff.
Nice people, pleasant environment, overwhelmingly busy
MEDICAL STAFF SERVICES MANAGER (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ArkansasJuly 16, 2014
Pros: nice people, pleasant environment
Cons: too much work, lack of job security (lost job due to layoffs)
WRMC was a great place to work, but the department in which I worked was undervalued, creating an immense workload and expectations that were unattainable. Being a non-profit, budget constraints demanded more and more from employees, creating a very stressful environment. I did learn a great deal and while I was intimidated by the physicians with whom I worked on a daily basis when I started in this position, by the end of my time there I was able to communicate effectively and had gained the respect of several of the physician leaders with whom I worked. My co-workers were always pleasant, though many were working under the same demands placed on me. I did have plenty of opportunity to utilize my problem solving and analytical skills to redesign and improve processes that were performed by my department.
Excellent place want a job at the VA
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARMay 2, 2014
Pros: good job experience
I am looking for a job, I have completed an 9 month internship at Washington regional Hospital.I i worked at filing and scanning files. Working with others was very nice. I learned to organize better, to use communication better.
Great Hospital , Lacking in managment department
Technologist (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARApril 1, 2014
Pros: nice equiptment, new hopsital
Cons: poor managment, high turnover rate
This is a great hospital to work for in terms of the newness of the equipment and the people that work around you in other departments. However, in my personal experience management from my department was inadequate. They had no clue as to how the inner workings of our department worked, and they weren't involved in disciplining those that were disturbing the work environment; people that should have been disciplined were instead left with running the department when they shouldn't have been. This a lot of times resulted in a high turnover rate of employees due to the un hospitable work environment.
Loved the idea, just not for me
Medical Records Tech (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJanuary 14, 2014
I enjoyed the day to day of this job, but I realized early on that this wasnt what I wanted to do long term. Management was nice and company was great.
It's Okay
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARDecember 21, 2013
It's okay. Busy days with patient care! Long shifts. Must work holiday and weekend rotations. Time management is a must. Learned about various medical procedures.
Good benefits good company
Supervisor Kendra Hubbard (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARNovember 6, 2013
This is a solid place of employment. The job is rewarding and challenging. As an RN the call time is difficult to handle- full time nurses take an additional 4 shifts of call during a 6 week period in the maternal child department. You can expect to work most of the call or be called in at ANY time during the 12 hours. The employees work hard to bring quality safe care to the patients and the management seems to back their employees. If you don't mind working really hard in a challenging environment and working a lot of call this is a good job choice.
Busy hospital blood bank, good working staff.
Blood Bank Supervisor (Current Employee), FayettevilleOctober 31, 2013
This is a busy hospital with a wide range of patients receiving care. The opportunity to learn new and challenging work related tasks is often rewarded by ones motivation. Our co-workers are able to work as a team and get projects done.
Busy hospital blood bank, good working staff.
Blood Bank Supervisor (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ArkansasOctober 28, 2013
Pros: good staff, nice location, always something to do.
If you want to work where it is busy and good staff. Always looking for people to step up and be part of a team approach.
Great education opportunites
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARSeptember 11, 2013
The education department was wonderful and the hours were great. I learned a lot here!
Its a job
Food Prep II (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARAugust 15, 2013
Pros: some co workers, hours, benifits
Cons: management, some co-workers, pay
I cooked for the patients within the hospital every day. The management and co-workers like the drama. The favorite part of my job was being able to work with one of my best friends.
excellent co-workers, reasonable hours, sometimes miscommunication though
Dietary intern (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARAugust 4, 2013
Pros: breaks, excellent training
Cons: miscommunication, scheduling
Worked in food and nutrition services
multiple different resposibilities but the work was easy
all co-workers were very nice
Hard Work but enjoyable
Certified Nursing Assistant/Monitor Tech (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJuly 4, 2013
Pros: free medical advice from dr's
Cons: healthcare so minimal lunch break and no other breaks (no time)
12 hour shifts 30 minutes or less lunch
patient room to room rounding as soon as clocked in, answered call lights, answered phones, passed meal trays, fed patients who needed help eating, helped patients toilet, bathe, and other daily activities, helped ambulate and turn patients, took vitals, assisted with dressing/wound/ostomy changes, emptied drains, electronically charted everything I done, assisted RN's in anything they needed help with, watched heart rhythms and reported any serious changes, collected and transported speciments to lab, transported blood products, post surgery care for patients

I learned alot of minor medical, heart rhythms, teamwork,

management for the most part was pretty great. the company held annual company wide employee surveys that instituted the required changes in management that were better

co-workers in general were equally hardworking and teamwork

hardest part of job was the lifting and turning of patients who couldn't help themselves (up to 300lbs or more) and the never time for a break made for tough days.

the most enjoyable part was the meeting new and interesting people on a daily basis.

About Washington Regional Medical Center

Washington Regional Medical System (formerly Washington Regional Medical Center) provides acute care services to the people of – Read more

Washington Regional Medical Center Salaries