Washington Regional Medical Center

Washington Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Good place to work as a student or recent grad
Fitness Specialist/Mobility Trainer (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 26, 2017
Good place to work, but difficult to get working hours. The management is very competent and understanding of various life circumstances. While I have enjoyed my time here, I would not try to make a career at this facility.
Horrible
Surgery Distribution Tech (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 17, 2017
This hospital was one of the worst ran hospitals I have ever worked at. They took a ton of shortcuts and tried to hide thing from everyone. Do not work at this place.
Pros
Cons
Everythg
A stressful day
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 15, 2017
An typical day is usually when everyone is there and is doing there job, and I have learned to use time management in my job or in school or life. The management is okay, they just need a lot of help and the turnover rate is bad. The work place culture is great, no one really likes the job but we put up with so much of management curve balls. The hardest part about the job is when the supervisor do not listen to you and blow what you just said off. But the most enjoyable part is the people I work around and knowing that we feed sick people, even though nurses do not feed them as soon as we deliver the food.
From 1998 to 2003
Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 9, 2017
A busy work space and at times it could be stressful. Taught well at both jobs. The hardest part of the job of a cna was when a patient died. The workers at both jobs had strong relationships with each other.
Pros
free meals and the abitltiy to help people
Cons
Stressful job
Very Fast Pace
Secretary II/Payroll (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMarch 8, 2017
My typical day was assisting patients with registering them for admissions, verifying their insurance and/or helping them with a payment plan that works for them. Data entry and payroll.
Pros
Being able to help others
Cons
Sitting in a cubicle with no window.
Fast pace and multi-tasking.
Social Work Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARFebruary 27, 2017
Very fast pace environment depending on the department or floor. Great place to learn something new everyday. Great opportunity to engage and implement social work knowledge and ethical standards.
Pros
never bored
Cons
high expectations
Did not enjoy working here, felt a lot of times I was asked to perform tasks outside of my professional license.
RN, Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJanuary 17, 2017
Would not recommend Washington Regional to a new graduate who did not have the knowledge to perform independently. This hospital is a for profit organization and is not a worker friendly environment.
Very Fast paced
Cardiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARDecember 12, 2016
One of the most stressful jobs ive ever had. The shifts are 12 hours and the workload changes from week to week. Alot is expected of you. Alot of cattyness, and drama between coworkers. Management is disorganized and the health insurance took pretty much half of my checks.
Pros
No shortage of hours
Cons
too many cheifs, not enough indians
amazing place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARDecember 11, 2016
I loved working there! Everyone from the nurses to the Evs department were wonderful. The only reason I left was because I need to relocate with my child.
Hard to work
Operating Room Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARNovember 29, 2016
WRMC Operating room is hard to work in, challenging, I have learned a lot in my time there. Management and leadership are not all they appear to be on first impression. OR staff are a different and rare bread.
Cons
minimal breaks during long shifts, short staffed in evenings, required call

Want to know more about Washington Regional Medical Center?

Ask a question
fun workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, AR 72703July 16, 2016
I cleaned the rooms at the hospital on one single floor. It was simple, easy. The hard part was when someone had something really bad wrong with them, then I had to completely dress up and clean everything in the room even walls.
good place to work
interpreter (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARFebruary 27, 2016
Although my time at this company was short I did enjoy working here. i was able to learn new things in the medical field and enjoyed being able to assist important medical staff in helping and caring for my fellow Marshallese patients. I was unprepared when taking on this job which led me not to perform by best. if given an second chance I would certainly do better.
Pros
excellent pay
Cons
n/a
Washington Regional Medical Center
PHLEBOTOMIST/LAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, AROctober 27, 2015
Washington Regional Medical Center was a very good place to work. I learned lab assisting skills that I am able to utilize in the future.
Great place & people to work for
Security Manager (Former Employee) –  3215 NorthHills Blvd Fayetteville, ARSeptember 1, 2015
Managing badge access control systems. Meeting with contractors to accomplish security measures. Managing digital security video systems. Developing security policies. Attending Emergency Operation drills. I was fortunate to have a close knit team that helped accomplish goals.Managing capital & operational budgets yearly.
does no work with school or family things
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT - Critical Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 27, 2015
I was told that when i applied and got the job offer that i would be able to go part time when i start college. When i let the boss know 2 months in advance that i would be starting school they told me that they would not let me go part time. They don't work with your school schedule what so ever.
Pros
some good nurses
Cons
scheduling, work environment, management
Wonderful leadership... Supportive HR
Dialysis Tech (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 27, 2015
There is excellent training, great co workers. A typical day was stringing machines, accessing fistulas and grafts, vital signs, charting, cleaning equipment...
The hardest part was bending over the chairs for accessing, holding pressure and keep patient turnaround time in 15 minutes.
Enjoyed being with the patients
Pros
Cons
Dialysis employees do not get paid enough
Productive Work Place with a lot of learning experience
PBX Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMarch 20, 2015
A typical day for myself as a full time college student was an 8 hour shifts Saturday and Sunday and more working hours during school breaks. I went through a fast pace training session with a senior operator and learned the ropes of handling incoming and outgoing calls as well as how to handle requests of in house staff. My coworkers were nice for the most part. The hardest part of the job was being stuck in the same spot for long periods of time, some days were busy some were slow. Most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
perfect place to work
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARFebruary 6, 2015
everyone is friendly and supportive and helpful, i dont have a single complaint about working there. management was very helpful with anything i needed too.
Pros
great healthcare
Cons
shortlunches
They are not in the healing/care profession, but in the healthcare industry.
RN (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARDecember 29, 2014
Washington Regional is more concerned with being perceived excellent than they are with actually being excellent.

Raises are denied due to lack of funds, but they find the money for new construction and management bonuses.

It is a job; Don't let the bureaucracy hinder your ability to care about each and every patient that comes through those doors.
Pros
Essentially the only hospital job in Fayetteville.
Cons
Very little job satisfaction to be found here. Most employees are trapped.
Fast Paced, Big Hospital
RN, Cardiology/Telemetry/Progressive Step (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARDecember 29, 2014
I worked Cardiology for 8 months. I probably should have started as Med-Surg, but once they hire you, they don't allow you to transfer until 18 months, so if the unit you get hired for is not a good fit, you either tough it out, leave, or get fired. Overall great staff and resources. It felt good to be a part of a cohesive care team. 12 hour night shifts are hard, especially on me.
Pros
Great resources, staff
Cons
High acuity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Washington Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Washington Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location