Washington State Community College Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
WSCC has a fun, energetic, and productive atmosphere.
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHMarch 28, 2015
WSCC is a great place to teach. With both traditional and non-traditional students, you get a good mix of thoughts, intellect, and behavioral patterns from all age groups; ages 16 to 60+... it's great in developing my research in the field of Gender Studies.
Pros
Flexible work schedules, nice retirement benefits for part time adjunct faculty.
Cons
There appears to be a lot of polictical issues at the administrative level.
Director of Facilities and Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHSeptember 10, 2014
Autonomy to make department decisions.
Expectations to participate on many committees
great teaching job
Instructor of Coding I and Coding II (Former Employee) –  marietta ohioJuly 26, 2013
everyone at this business was great. I learned a lot while teaching coding and medical terminology to students. would do it again if qualified to do so.
Pros
easy parking
people
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHMay 24, 2013
There are some wonderful people at Washington State, but there were people especially those in higher position who were unwilling to listen to people. They felt their way was the best way without your input.
Enjoy working to help companies stay in Ohio
Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHOctober 1, 2012
I work in an education setting helping the business community determine their training plans, propose a plan, then hire a subject matter expert to do the training. I also manage the office operations for all custom training and training open to the community. As well, develop other programs that would benefit our community.
Work is my favorite hobby.
Information Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHJuly 19, 2012
A typical day at work was to maintain and implement over 20 computer labs, approximately 100 staff computers, audio visual laptops and projectors, and printer. My co-workers were part of a team that worked together to make students and teachers life easier by having computers working as efficiently as they could. The hardest part of the job was to leave my co-workers and the work that I love behind to furthur my job experience or education.
Pros
work at own pace and with little supervision.
Cons
temporary job