Washington State Migrant Council

Washington State Migrant Council Employer Reviews

early learning program
Family Services Worker (Former Employee), whitstran, waMarch 13, 2014
registered family's for migrant seasonal program and for the pre-school program. Did home visits and referred parents out to community resources as needed. conducted parent meetings. did family night events. reports were done monthly.
Full of kids who enjoy learning every day.
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee), Sunnyside, WAJune 11, 2013
great coworkers. Lots of support. But not to strict with rule following.
An agency providing comprehensive services to low income children and families. Improving, advocating, educating, and make a difference in lives.
Mental Health/Disability Specialist (Former Employee), Sunnyside, WAApril 2, 2013
Pros: multiple. flexibility, valued family, offered self improvement plans
Cons: i would have to say some days were very long (12 hrs) with no breaks...
My day consisted of multiple tasks and responsibilities. I coordinated services through the main office with the assistance of 3 specialist on site with me.

Daily paperwork, filing, in or out with correspendence, phone call assistance, walk-in services, atttended meeting, and heavy usage of computer. Prepared reports, reviewed all incoming documentation, – more... worked on projects individually or with a team, provided training's to staff & parents, and frequently met with community partners.

I enjoyed working with children, staff, parents, & community partners. Knowing I was able to work with a variety of people and children to make a difference in lives was most heart warming to me. I am very fortunate that I learned all my skills and knowledge through my years with WSMC. The agency encouraged self improvement as well as education enhancement. I didn't find the job difficult but at times it was very busy and short handed of staff.

Most enjoyable was knowing I believe I did a great job! – less
provide services for migrant families and their children.
Infant/Toddler Teacher (Former Employee), Toppenish waDecember 14, 2012
Pros: you have the opportunity to continue your education and recieve credentials in child development.
Cons: breaks are short, but do have a break room at least, also have a points you have to watch on your time, when you call in, running late, or even if you have a flat, you have to watch because if you total 21 pts you may not have a job.
Working with migrant families and children. Provide childcare but in a learning center. We work as a team to service the children and their families. Implementing Ts gold currcuilum for infant/Toddlers, documentation, filing, providing professioanl services such as Iep, Ifsps, and health services. Working with the children in a classroom to learn self – more... help, to be social, have family style meals and to learn to be creative. This age children are very active and teachers are always alert and attentive at all times. The children are so much fun and you do get attached to them, at the end of the program it's hard to say goodbye. – less
Very good company to help our children
Lead Preschool Teacher (Former Employee), Burlington, WAMay 4, 2012
They are a good company to work with, they are important to our community with educating and getting children to go on to do better when they attend our local schools.
Great non-profit agency to work with. Serving migrant and seasonal farmworker families and their children in center-based head start services.
Program Director (Former Employee), Sunnyside, WA 98944November 16, 2011
Pros: development and implementation.
Cons: extensive traveling to different sites.
The outcomes of the services rendered were very self-rewarding and positive.