Washington State Migrant Council

Washington State Migrant Council Employer Reviews

Productive interesting workplace
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), Pasco, WAJuly 27, 2014
Pros: learning new activities with children
Cons: no breaks, healthcare
Everyday consisted of attendance, health checks, learning activities as well as fun outdoor activities, lunch and snack time.
I learned that although children may have their challenges it is a great oppotunity to help shape the new generation and possibly help a child to learn new skills.
Co-workers had to rely on one another because of the ratio from teachers to students which made it a necessity to make sure the lesson plans for the day went smoothly.
The hardest part of the job was getting the children to be able to like and respect you as an adult because as most things it would take some time
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to notice the differences amongst the children who were advancing in learning new things and activities.
early learning program
Family Services Worker (Former Employee), whitstran, waMarch 13, 2014
registered family's for migrant seasonal program and for the pre-school program. Did home visits and referred parents out to community resources as needed. conducted parent meetings. did family night events. reports were done monthly.
Full of kids who enjoy learning every day.
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee), Sunnyside, WAJune 11, 2013
great coworkers. Lots of support. But not to strict with rule following.
An agency providing comprehensive services to low income children and families. Improving, advocating, educating, and make a difference in lives.
Mental Health/Disability Specialist (Former Employee), Sunnyside, WAApril 2, 2013
Pros: multiple. flexibility, valued family, offered self improvement plans
Cons: i would have to say some days were very long (12 hrs) with no breaks...
My day consisted of multiple tasks and responsibilities. I coordinated services through the main office with the assistance of 3 specialist on site with me.

Daily paperwork, filing, in or out with correspendence, phone call assistance, walk-in services, atttended meeting, and heavy usage of computer. Prepared reports, reviewed all incoming documentation, worked on projects individually or with a team, provided training's to staff & parents, and frequently met with community partners.

I enjoyed working with children, staff, parents, & community partners. Knowing I was able to work with a variety of people and children to make a difference in lives was most heart warming to me. I am very fortunate that I learned all my skills and knowledge through my years with WSMC. The agency encouraged self improvement as well as education enhancement. I didn't find the job difficult but at times it was very busy and short handed of staff.

Most enjoyable was knowing I believe I did a great job!
provide services for migrant families and their children.
Infant/Toddler Teacher (Former Employee), Toppenish waDecember 14, 2012
Pros: you have the opportunity to continue your education and recieve credentials in child development.
Cons: breaks are short, but do have a break room at least, also have a points you have to watch on your time, when you call in, running late, or even if you have a flat, you have to watch because if you total 21 pts you may not have a job.
Working with migrant families and children. Provide childcare but in a learning center. We work as a team to service the children and their families. Implementing Ts gold currcuilum for infant/Toddlers, documentation, filing, providing professioanl services such as Iep, Ifsps, and health services. Working with the children in a classroom to learn self help, to be social, have family style meals and to learn to be creative. This age children are very active and teachers are always alert and attentive at all times. The children are so much fun and you do get attached to them, at the end of the program it's hard to say goodbye.
Very good company to help our children
Lead Preschool Teacher (Former Employee), Burlington, WAMay 4, 2012
They are a good company to work with, they are important to our community with educating and getting children to go on to do better when they attend our local schools.
Great non-profit agency to work with. Serving migrant and seasonal farmworker families and their children in center-based head start services.
Program Director (Former Employee), Sunnyside, WA 98944November 16, 2011
Pros: development and implementation.
Cons: extensive traveling to different sites.
The outcomes of the services rendered were very self-rewarding and positive.