Washington State University Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace
Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (Current Employee) –  Pullman, WAJune 21, 2017
I very much enjoyed working here. I did multiple different jobs here and gained a lot of valuable experience. I was glad that I got the opportunity to be in this work environment.
stressful
STUDENT MANAGER IN TRAINING (Former Employee) –  Pullman, WAJune 14, 2017
I worked for housing and dining services working the night shift. it was an easy enough job but it meant no night life so i didn't have much free time. management got better once it changed. i learned the cleaning skills needed to perform the job.
Productive and fun place to work under an awesome management.
Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 11, 2017
WSU Pierce Co Extension is a great place to work! The team is awesome! No complains beside recent funding cuts and no job security for the future. After the elimination of part time employees, the work load was distributed among other employees as an additional tasks which was very stressful . Some of the permanent full time employees, including myself, work appointment was reduced from 12 to 10 cyclic months.
Pros
Flexibility, friendly staff and management.
Cons
Job insecurity ( Funded position )
Great working environment
Student Manager (Former Employee) –  Pullman, WAJune 8, 2017
This was my very first job. It was a really great experience for me. I really enjoyed the people that I worked with and management was awesome as well. I would typically clean the dining centers on campus.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Work late at night
Fun place to work as a college student
Northside Cafe (Former Employee) –  Pullman, WAMay 24, 2017
Working in the cafeteria system is well worth the time at Washington State. Made a lot of friends and enjoyed my time. Mundane work but flexible scheduling allows for you to do what's most important first, school.
Fast moving, hard working, surrounded by people like you
Dining Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Pullman, WAMay 22, 2017
Really a good place to start your work experience, friendly and understanding management, convenient for college students to work at. Hardest part can be how busy the work can get depending on incoming crowds, but with this you definitely can build camaraderie and a sense of what earning your own dollar means.
Pros
Friendly management, fun co-workers, free food
Cons
Late shifts, cut hours sometimes
Good pay, management needs to chill
Communication Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Pullman, WAMay 19, 2017
My job working here in the call center was great. Management was fantastic, hours were flexible, etc. But management for the overall department needs help. There was a lot of backstabbing between upper management going on - Well, specifically just one person. This individual would stab upper management in the back because they wanted a higher-up position, thinking that would get them the job. Everything else about working here was fantastic, but that issue definitely needs to be addressed.
Pros
Good pay, mostly good coworkers
Cons
Backstabbing from one upper management employee.
Fun and productive place to work
Lab tech 1 (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 16, 2017
Engage in customer/student questions, learn new things about computers all the time. Sometimes it's difficult to figure out a problem but there are resources to help
Good School and Good place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 14, 2017
Very supportive staff and faculty, I think I had very great time working as a research assistant at WSU Spokane. I enjoyed my time at WSU, both study and work.
Knowledgable management and great place to work
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pullman, WAMay 8, 2017
I only worked here as a TA for a low level computer science course while I was enrolled at the school but the work life balance was good and teaching others helped me learn much more about programming.
Good
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Pullman, WAMay 8, 2017
Spent the days in the math learning center helping students one on one with their math homework and coaching them through to understand the subject they are dealing with.
Employee
Fiscal Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 5, 2017
Great Place to start a career. Enjoyed the culture, work environment, and staff is super friendly. Training is top notch and the opportunity to be successful is based upon how hard you want to work.
TA position
RN Clinical Instructor TA (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 2, 2017
This was a TA position, it was pretty comprehensive. No training in regards to teaching, however they do have greater mentors, and lots of support. Would recommend
Student
Student (Former Employee) –  Pullman, WA.April 30, 2017
Washington State University, strives to offer a first class education to its students through its various community programs and futuristic university campus. This school has some of the best professors and teachers in the world. My degree is Construction Management, luckily for me Washington State University provides one of the best Construction Management programs in the Pacific North West.
Pros
Excellent education
Cons
Price $
School is great, how the job is depends on department
Chinook Student Center Building Manager (Current Employee) –  Pullman, WAApril 27, 2017
Good school overall-everyone is inclusive
Job environment depends on the position/department
So far, environment/management has been positive, supportive, understanding but strict as well
Teams have been great to work with
Wsu
Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  Pullman, WAApril 27, 2017
As a student, I worked with the athletic event staff and as an administrative assistant in Beasley Coliseum. Loved working all of the events. I recommend any WSU student to get involved and work on campus if possible.
Lots of opportunity
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pullman, WAApril 27, 2017
A good place to work, depending on department. There is lots of room for growth and many niches. IF I were staying in Pullman I would still be working here! (looking at ext. campuses)
Pros
Understanding, relaxed but not slow
Cons
HR is slow, bureaucracy slows things down
fun and rewarding
Arabic Tutor (Former Employee) –  WSUApril 26, 2017
This is washington state university where you might have the most fun time of your life. there is so much to do and students there know how to work hard and play hard.
Enjoyable and Flexible
Athletic Maintenance/Events Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pullman, WAApril 26, 2017
I worked hours whenever I could and they were flexible about fitting shifts around my classes. My managers were good, the pay is decent and I never had difficulty getting help when I needed it.
Empresa que se importa com o funcionário
Visitante Pesquisador (Former Employee) –  Pullman - WA, Estados UnidosApril 25, 2017
Durante os meses no qual trabalhei na universidade como pesquisadora, pude aprender a avaliar a vida de prateleira de produtos prontos para consumo submetidos a pasteurização esterilização térmica utilizando microondas e retort. Além disso, tive a oportunidade de trabalhar com alguns equipamentos, como o texturômetro, colorímetro, HPLC, entre outros.

A parte mais agradável do trabalho é estar entre pessoas de diversas nacionalidades e com especialidades em áreas diferentes, que te dá a possibilidade de aprender mais.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Washington State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4