Washington State University Employee Reviews in United States

Rewarding job with amazing coworkers
Residential Technology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pullman, WAMay 24, 2016
Being a Residential Technology Assistant is a very fun and rewarding job for any student at Washington State University. By providing tech support for your building's residents, you are a key part of the building's community and will be a valuable resource for students. Fun and rewarding work, and the coworkers and work environment are fantastic.
Pros
Fun job, good coworkers
Cons
Students are not always easy to work with
Beneficial work environment
Lead Communication Rep. (Current Employee) –  Pullman, WAApril 26, 2016
This job allows for continual growth. There is always opportunities for advancement. The staff and faculty work well together and they are always willing to compromise. This job has the best management team and has clear chain of command. The hardest part of my job is policies and procedures we can not change because they are federally mandated but the best part is customers and staff being understanding.
Pros
Free food and clean work spaces
Comprehensive and productive
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pullman, WAMarch 15, 2016
I learned a lot including skills in numerical simulation and techniques in test performing, in both geotechnical and transportation engineering. Colleagues are willing to have meetings for designing experiments and working out the details. We also have workshops for sharing knowledge in all projects.

The hardest part is designing new experiments, but it is also the most enjoyable part of this job. We discuss and explore to achieve the goals, sometimes we also design new device and modified the devices we have.
classroom
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 20, 2016
i learned from the school is that there's rules when a student brakes the rules we call home and sometimes when they really brake the rules we expelled them and they get a referal the student with the most referals they get explled and we transfer them to another school sometimes we move a student that is bad in class to another class we do school secpencation
Cons
Productive place to work at
Metro PCS Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Pullman, WAMay 23, 2016
I didn't enjoy working there as much because it was more for people trying to become librarians or clerks. I would be in charge of checking books out to patrons, shelving books, circulating all the books, and organizing projects within the unit.
Committed to supporting students
GA/College Coach for the CSF Scholars program (Current Employee) –  Pullman, WAJanuary 5, 2016
As a graduate assistant, my job revolves around supporting students academically. I work with a team that has goals that are situated around ensuring both a student's well being and their success. We work collaboratively to address any issues students may have and institute programming that can work to alleviate these issues. It is most rewarding when our efforts pay off when a student succeeds in their endeavors, but especially when they graduate. The hardest part is making sure there is a work-life balance being maintained along with the heartbreak of seeing students burn out during their educational journey.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Language Tutor (Current Employee) –  Pullman, WAMarch 15, 2016
Relaxed management system that understands that student employees are primarily focused on schooling. Very friendly staff that often gather outside of work! I loved being able to help other students with their homework and understand new languages.
Great place to further advance one's education
Graduate chemistry research assistant (Former Employee) –  Pullman, WAMay 4, 2016
Great place to focus on one's research, cost of living is affordable but barely as a graduate student, friendly people who are usually willing to help
Pros
Great teachers and staff
Awesome place to work
Lead Communication Representative (Current Employee) –  Pullman, WAMay 10, 2016
The cougar work community is amazing. The are inclusive are work to provide the best experience for their customer. This has been my favorite place to work.
Pros
Free Food
Great graduate school
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pullman, WAMay 2, 2016
Great place to go to graduate school. I earned my PhD at Washington State University.WSU physics department has multiple experimental and theoretical programs.

Want to know more about Washington State University?

Ask a question
Machine shop assistant and Manager
Machine Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pullman, WAJanuary 6, 2016
As a machine shop assistant and manager I was in charge of around 25 students. I taught them how to weld, how to use milling machines, how to lathe, as well as instructed them on how to use a variety of other equipment in the shop. Also I ran the shop on the weekends for the various engineering clubs. This allowed me to help develop and complete projects for a variety of engineering clubs on campus. My main job was to manage the shop, keep everyone safe, and help anyone with any problem they encountered while working in my machine shop. The hardest part of my job was teaching students that did not want to listen. I overcame this obstacle by showing them examples, demonstrating for them, as well as watching them work and give them as much advice as I could. The best part of my job was being able to teach other students about machining, seeing these students progress, and just being able to work in a machine shop.
Pros
Was able to machine things I needed for projects
Cons
Lack of motivation by students
Interesting to teach new students C,c++
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Pullman, WAJanuary 21, 2016
on any lab session day, I handle around 40 students in one batch to whom I teach c++ and I am also the one they go to if they have any doubts regarding marks given to them.
Average College Part-time Job
Tech Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Pullman, WAJanuary 5, 2016
Working at WSU as a Tech Assistant is what anyone would expect as a part-time programming job. I was given free reign as long as I put in 10 hr. a week.
Great place for a student employee
Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Pullman, WAOctober 26, 2015
Here a typical day at work its met with hours in the classroom and hours at work. Great place to be an intern. Hardest part is balancing class hours and work hours. Best part is the interaction with all the people.
Teacher's Assistant
Graduate Student/Teacher's Assistance (Former Employee) –  Pullman, WAAugust 26, 2015
I worked as a Teachers Assistant at Washington State University for the two years that I was a Graduate Student there. I worked with students, teacher, professors, and administrators to ensure the highest level of academic standard were withheld within our prestigious institution
Secure and Stable - And More
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pullman, WAOctober 14, 2015
I have worked at WSU for a total of 30 years and it has allowed me to provide for my family and myself as well as offer me good advancement.
Pros
Benefits, state employee
Cons
salary locked in - step scale only for CS
A place to Learn
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pullman, WANovember 4, 2015
I started at WSU for five years for both MS and PHD. It is a nice and friendly place to learn knowledge. We have a nice research group and a very knowledgeable advisor.
Productive work environment
Live Sports Video Camera Operator (Current Employee) –  Pullman, WaOctober 11, 2015
The leadership was excellent. Management provides opportunity for growth. Co-workers were reliable and detail oriented. Goals were communicated by leaders.
Internship
Manuscripts Archive and Special Collection Intern (Former Employee) –  Pullman, WASeptember 10, 2015
This was an internship. I was able to work on growing my skill in film and editing. I also worked a lot in groups and how to bring a project from start to finish.
Pros
great experience
Cons
it was a short internship
Helped others; helped me
Physics Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pullman, WAJuly 1, 2015
I spent one year as a physics ph.D graduate student at Washington State University. Teaching physics was part of the life of a graduate student. When you are the teacher, it becomes critical you understand the core concepts at the most intimate level. I also learned a great deal of laboratory safety and usage of instruments, which I passed down to my students.

4.4