Washington Trust Bank Employee Reviews

No empathy
Investment Advisor (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJune 12, 2015
Pros: banker's hours
Cons: laid off right before christmas
I learned that mngt. makes a lot of empty promises. I was laid off the day after Thanksgiving. Was promised millions of dollars in accounts, was given less than 2 million. Was promised to meet existing clients with the biggest producer. The biggest producer refused to help me and mngt. did nothing. I quit a good paying job to work for WTB and received nothing in return except financial ruin.
A very productive & fun place to work.
Loan Recovery/Credit Collection Specialist III (Former Employee), Spokane, WAFebruary 28, 2015
This company is very employee oriented. It is a community oriented bank and supports employees who wish to contribute to the community. I would recommend it highly.
Great Company
Regional Team Lead - Branch Manager (Current Employee), East Wenatchee, WAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: training, work/life balance, company values
Cons: growth oppotunities in remote parts of the bank
Having worked for several financial institutions in the past, I can honestly say that this bank has it all. Management truly cares about its employees and it is evident through a strong work/life balance. The bank encourages employees to be involved in their local communities and fosters an environment of growth and opportunity. There are high expectations regarding customer experience and reasonable growth goals.

Overall, I have been very pleased with my time at WTB. It has afforded me
Management of call center was the problem
Priority Service Representative (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJune 13, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedules
Cons: poor management
Loved job and customers. Training was good.Management was awful.
Lacking
past employee (Former Employee), BoiseMarch 26, 2014
Pros: fair compensation
Cons: lack of support by management
office does not foster harmony, lacks support by management and direction, very inefficient in operations
Overview of Bank
Vice President, Private Banking (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: strong culture
Cons: technology and product development
The Bank is 110+ year old institution providing Private Banking, Commercial, and Wealth Management/Trust services to Northwest clients.
great company
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee), Spokane, WADecember 16, 2013
Great Company! I worked there for many years and experienced many promotions and raises with great benefits.
Culture rich envirnonment
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Boise IdahoSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: culture, education, co workers
Cons: lack of management support
I was able to work with a number of very well seasoned, experienced individuals. I was able to advance in a relatively short period of time, and make great contacts along the way.
Greaty Place to work
Item Processing Clerk/Messenger (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJune 22, 2013
Pros: tuition reimbursement
A great family environment to work in. Everyone got along great.
Love the people!
Receptionist / Administrative assistant (Former Employee), Portland, ORJune 12, 2013
Pros: the people!
Cons: no lunch room, but you can use empty offices.
I worked for the downtown branch of Washington Trust as a temp at their front desk. I loved it! The vibe, the people, and the respect of those that work in that office is wonderful. I felt like a valued member of their team instead of just a stand-in as I had felt at other assignments. Would work for Rosie again in a heart beat.
Good Company
Various Positions (Former Employee), Spokane, WAMay 25, 2013
Pros: good company
Cons: laid off
I enjoyed working for this employer. However, I was laid off and unable to transfer to another department due to a hiring freeze. This was disappointing as I had worked for this employer for a number of years.
Great Co-Workers
PSR (Former Employee), Spokane,WANovember 25, 2012
Pros: great benefits, even for part time, gain alot of knowledge if you do so on your own.
Cons: management does not value you unless you are part of the chosen!
No real feed back from management, so you have no idea that you are not part of their chosen few until they pressure you to leave. They do this so no unemployment has to be paid out.. Leadership is very limited! So be very proactive about questioning progress, and you may want to use them as a stepping stone to seek a position with another company.

December 19, 2012

You move up if you kiss up, very colicky.. I worked there 5 years and did very well..no help from district manager at all, no support. No one to back you up, if you make a management decision, beware, no one to help you if you have an employee issue or concern. District manager has no formal education.

Awesome work environment, great team to be with
Teller II (Former Employee), Boise, IDJune 30, 2012
Daily work was always new and fresh, learned how to sharpen skills to be able to use my experience to the fullest. Management is very caring and knowledgable about the business. Always looking for and giving oportunites to improve. Most enjoyable part of the job is everyone knows their team role and all support each other to move forward as one unit.
Application Administrator (Former Employee), Spokane, WaFebruary 15, 2012
Pros: family, job secuity
Cons: benefits, no stock options
Conservative and family oriented although not much room to move up.