Washington Trust Bank Employee Reviews

Financial Advisor
FINANCIAL ADVISOR/BANK OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WADecember 7, 2017
Took job with promise of getting accounts and going out with what was the #1 producer so that I could learn from him and eventually take over after he retired. Did not come to pass. Ran out of leads, boss didn't want me chasing leads, and was laid off with severance pay/unused vacation time after I had quit a perfectly good job to take this one. Wouldn't even let me look for other work inside the bank. Destroyed my financially, would never work for them again. Don't trust them.
Pros
Monday to Friday work
Cons
losing my job and therefore my house
Was fired for a reason no one understands and it was definitely personal.
Financial Concierge (Former Employee) –  IdahoDecember 2, 2017
The company comes off as great. But then it all changes. I was promised quick advancement when I started. Then that manager left. Then there wasn't one for awhile. Then another one who got fired. Then there wasn't one for awhile. Then they hired someone who had zero banking experience? Huh?
Pros
Banking hours, doctor/dental time.
Cons
Horrible management, promises made and not kept, two faced.
Ethical issues
Banker (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 9, 2017
Would recommend steering clear of this or go anization, both as a customer and if seeking employment. Many empty promises were made about movement within the company both lateral and in terms of advancement.
Pros
Banking hours
Cons
Management, poor advancement opportunities
nice place, but
AVP Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 24, 2017
Nice place to work, friendly environment. But----The DM there is very immature and makes friends with some and not others. She parties with her managers and yells a lot.
Pros
environement
Cons
Excellent company to work for; everyone very friendly
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 9, 2017
I was responsible for typing, editing and proofreading documents and the company phone directory; answered multi-line phones; placed service calls to vendors; processed bills; updated phone system through U.S. West. Typed reports and documents from recorded tapes. Coordinated between departments and branches in resolving daily administration and operational problems. Handled delicate and confidential information for the Security Officer. Managed inventory of company assets and supplies. I learned a lot from the 3 people I reported to on how to treat customers (internal and external), how to handle controversy as well as handle problems in a timely manner without losing my cool.
Pros
Dependable management
Family oriented work environment
Lending Assistant (Current Employee) –  Moses Lake, WASeptember 27, 2017
Excellent place to work. You don't just work with co-workers, you become family. Everyone genuinely cares about each other and the company offers excellent benefits.
It was good, until it wasn't
Messenger/Driver (Former Employee) –  Spokane WashingtonAugust 15, 2017
Washington Trust Bank is a privately held bank. Many people have worked here for 20 plus years, and have excelled. I had a bad experience where I was forced out due to an on the job car accident and subsequent lifting restrictions didn't meet their requirements; which were changed right after my accident. My incident is far from the norm at Washington Trust Bank; this employer is generally fair and is a good company to work for.
Amazing group of people everywhere! Everyone you meet is so professional yet fun and loving. They're wonderful with their employees and customers.
Financial Concierge (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDMay 10, 2017
Washington Trust is big on their culture. They listen to your voices and are always willing to act on them. Washington Trust is like having another family. I'm positive anyone will say the same.
Pros
Astounding leadership! Lots of learning.
Cons
Nothing! Everything is amazing.
Great place to start working.
IT HELP DESK TIER ONE (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 12, 2017
I really enjoyed my time working there. Working at the help desk allowed me to meet people from all over the company and they were all a joy to work with.
Pros
Great culture and management.
Cons
Not enough upward mobility.
kinder to customers
Personal Assistant/ Advocate/ Careprovider (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 9, 2017
great place to work although hsd to fight with upper management as my disabled daughter gets268.00 a month while this bank has her 720,000
Pros
Nn/a
Fantastic company
Financial Concierge (Former Employee) –  WandermereJanuary 20, 2017
Management lacks coaching ability.Good at critiquing and horrible at helping your career progress.takes advantage of salary, at the branch 20-30hrs and has a horrible attitude towards her employees. choose branch wisely. Other than that the company is exceptional
Pros
Amazing company and gives back to the community
Cons
some mangers or very poor and are unwilling to help nor coach
A Bank that cares
Financial Concierge (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WADecember 19, 2016
As someone who comes from a sales background, I was hired to sell and yet I have not been given the opportunity. I have been told I cannot be recommended to any other department in the company as I have not shown that I know the product. Without the opportunity to sell I cannot show them I know the product.
busy, unorganized lender
Loan Processor II (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 18, 2016
Staff is great and knowledgeable, but the management lacks the ability to execute good ideas that would only be beneficial to the growth of the Home Loan center. A lot of disconnects
Pros
Free lunch, jeans day
Cons
Work life balance is off as are the companies expectations
Washington Trust Bank
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDAugust 24, 2016
My time with WTB was amazing, I loved the culture and the customers. I loved the team that I was able to mentor and the relationships that I built with my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to problem solve and provide solutions for customer's that would benefit their life.
Washington Trust Bank
Financial Concierge II (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDOctober 7, 2015
A great environment to work in. The people are great and like a work family. Management tries to help you grow in your position. Not much room for advancement. Company says they love hiring internally but have not done so very often. Relaxed atmosphere.
Pros
Ability to do it all
Cons
Not much internal advancement
A great Bank. Sometimes stumbles on its own history.
AVP, Tax Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 17, 2015
Although I don't believe it is Bank wide - there is often a culture at Washington Trust Bank of "we've done it this way for over 100 years, why change now". This can be a challenging environment to work with at times. The employees and culture are generally fine.
Great Stable Place
Financial Service Rep III (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 2, 2015
Great place to work and the management is awesome to work for. Place has great opportunity and there is opportunity for advancement.
No empathy
Investment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 12, 2015
I learned that mngt. makes a lot of empty promises. I was laid off the day after Thanksgiving. Was promised millions of dollars in accounts, was given less than 2 million. Was promised to meet existing clients with the biggest producer. The biggest producer refused to help me and mngt. did nothing. I quit a good paying job to work for WTB and received nothing in return except financial ruin.
Pros
banker's hours
Cons
laid off right before christmas
A very productive & fun place to work.
Loan Recovery/Credit Collection Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 28, 2015
This company is very employee oriented. It is a community oriented bank and supports employees who wish to contribute to the community. I would recommend it highly.
Great Company
Regional Team Lead - Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  East Wenatchee, WAJanuary 20, 2015
Having worked for several financial institutions in the past, I can honestly say that this bank has it all. Management truly cares about its employees and it is evident through a strong work/life balance. The bank encourages employees to be involved in their local communities and fosters an environment of growth and opportunity. There are high expectations regarding customer experience and reasonable growth goals.

Overall, I have been very pleased with my time at WTB. It has afforded me
Pros
Training, work/life balance, company values
Cons
Growth oppotunities in remote parts of the bank

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Washington Trust Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9