Washington University in St. Louis

Washington University in St. Louis Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work. Ruthless. Incompetent HR Department.
lab tech (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 8, 2015
Pros: benefits are good and there is help with tuition
Cons: negativity and overall lack of reality
Oppressive environment. Money that is donated to research is wasted on "professional" trips and personal items. Miserable supervisors (Dr.s) who all believe they are god. Horrible things done to animals including dogs and cats.
Long quiet days full of book shelving
Library Assistant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 3, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of book shelving that is proceeded by book shelf reading. I learned how to read the Dewey decimal system and the usages of the library of congress. Co-workers tend to be other Washington University students or past students. The hardest part of the job was being able to endure the deathly silence. In contrast the most enjoyable part of the job was the constant access to an assortment of books.
Fun place to work
Senior Grants Specialist ( Contractor) (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 17, 2015
Great place to work. Management encourage advancement. Very relaxed working environment. Great place to learn and grow.
Great place to retire at. Friendly coworker.
Originally, very great place to work; went downhill over the years, however.
Administrator (Former Employee), Medicial SchoolJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Benefits are exceptional; some flexibility
Cons: Poor and unfair management; no clear guidelines
My experience is with the Medical School Only; I feel the main, undergraduate campus is much better. I had several bad experiences with doctors, put into management positions, which they really were not qualifiied for.
Good place
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 12, 2015
This is a good university, very courteous and prompt. Good facilitates, and organized teaching material. The university is situated in a nice area, with plenty of parking, good management, and near Delmar loop (a good place for dining).
Job Experience
Insurance Billing and Collection Specialist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 11, 2015
Working at Team Rehab was fun! The staff and management felt like family. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and the name said it all...definitely felt like a TEAM>
Very productive workplaace
Post Doctoral research Associatye (Former Employee), CTRAIN, USAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: Sometimes projects take long time to get completed
Supervisors have regular meetings with each employee in the group. Assignment and goals areclearly defined. Regular feedback and motivation is given for the work. Supervisor provides individual attention to the employees to help them overcome their problems. Weekly lunch and birthdays are organized by the group manager,Lot fun to work there.
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 23, 2015
Washington University is a positive work inviorment with a helpful and very knowledgeable managment team. They offer a wonderful benifits and opportunity for growth.
Very well put together company
tech (Current Employee), University CityJune 23, 2015
Pros: knowledge
With my employment at Washington University I have learned a great deal about the amount of Security it takes and how very serious they take it. The management is direct and to the point. They have very hardworking employees. The employees are very dedicated and maintain a professional environment at all times
Great place to work...
Patient Breast Navigator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 21, 2015
Pros: Nice working enviromenment......
Cons: Excellent Healthcare
Very Productive place to work I love working there and was upset that my grant was not renewed. I worked there for fifteen years and love every year. Working long beside the doctors that were so wonderful .
Animal lover
Animal Care Tech II (Former Employee), St.Louis,MOJune 2, 2015
Work starts at 7am.Clean about 1 or 2 different rooms with at least 50 to 150 cages of mice in each room. Go to lunch and after lunch clean another room. Most of the time you could be finished with everything by 3pm. Make sure all other rooms were still clean and go home by 4pm...Great benefits, vacation and sick time. There are opportunities to also go to school free and earn other certifications.
Great start
Peer Reviewer (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 27, 2015
Great place to start working. Opportunities exist to work on a variety of projects. World class researchers were always present to interface you. Exposure was also given in terms of conference presentations.
Great learning opportunity
Alumni and Development Office Assistant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 26, 2015
During the summer of 2014 I spent my time rotating between the Alumni and Development Offices for the School of Arts and Sciences, the Brown School of Social Work, and the School of Law at Washington University in St. Louis. I assisted in a wide variety of tasks including mailings, scholarship organization, donor research, and more. I enjoyed the opportunity to work for various bosses and with a variety of personalities. In addition it was a great chance to learn how a nonprofit like an educational institution operates. The job was not challenging but I did enjoy being able to assist in many ways around the offices.
Washington University is a great place to work where you can gain knowledge and skills
Medical Assistant III-Lead (Current Employee), 660 S Euclid Ave 63110May 19, 2015
Pros: My expertise phlebotomy skills
Cons: I worked in the department over fifteen years and there is no room for advancement.
My typical day at work is being the first person to come in and open up the Clinical Research dept.
My experience and skills have improved throughout the years
I'm not a manager however, I have advanced to a Lead Tech
The hardest part of my job is seeing patients ill
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the patients
This is a very rewarding job, and enjoyable work environment.
Neurosurgery Scheduer (Current Employee), ST. LouisMay 15, 2015
This is a very rewarding position, and enjoyable place to work, with many opportunities for advancement. You are encouraged to be creative and independent in your postition.
Lab Animal Care Technician (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 14, 2015
Great Place to work, with wonderful people. Benefits are great,however wage is low due to working in research. You definitely stay busy!
Very organized and fast pace organization filled with oppportunity.
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 13, 2015
Pros: I can set a schedule on how to get my work done.
Cons: I don't alway get to complete eveything i get throughtout the day.
Warn and compassoinate group of people that work and well together and willing to help and answer. We have grown to be a family. I have learned to be focused and the importacne of completing task. I have also learned how to be a proficient scheduler.
secure employment
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 6, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: limited advancement opportunity
work is pretty much repeatative, but enjoy working with co-workers and customers. job does'nt take all day to accomplish. hardest part of day is down time.
Great benefits
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 30, 2015
great opportunity to take additional classes and the 403b and health benefits are better than most places. Worse part is having to pay for parking. But they do offer things like meal plans, in house certifications, training etc. Co workers are like anywhere else. You have all kinds of personalities but for the most part they are friendly people.
Great people Great Benefits
Patient Service Representative II (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 22, 2015
You work with all types of professionals in the medical field. Never a dull moment, every day is a day for learning. Fast pace environment, with flexibility.
Headquarters