Washoe County School District Employee Reviews in United States

School kitchen work is limited in scope, yet rewarding because of the kids
Kitchen Manager/Worker (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 24, 2016
Stable job with improving management. Great to work hours and days with school system because I have my own kids.

Hard to find more hours in the school kitchen system.

Learned kitchen manangement, kept my computer skills up.

Hard to have only one co-worker when differences come up.
Pros
Good part-time work
Cons
Difficult to advance
Best Experience
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVMarch 23, 2016
This job has really given me insight into what being a teacher is like and I am so glad that I have chosen this profession for the rest of my life!
Easy Schedule
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 13, 2016
I enjoyed working with the after school program and the Supervisors were nice and helpful. The program was helpful to a lot of families and to be a part of it was a great opportunity.
Pros
Working with Children
Cons
only part time
Working for Washoe County School District
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 20, 2015
A typical day at work was very busy. What I learned is that they are the most disorganized, racial, critical company that I have ever worked for. They miss manage terribly, (if it makes sense, they will do the opposite), they do not care about any employees that do not have degrees, they are biased, wasteful, and all around a corporate nightmare. My co-workers were teachers, most were good people, they had to deal with a lot of this miss management as well, I saw some very good teachers retire because they are not allowed to "teach". The hardest part of the job was cleaning bathrooms, dumping garbage and having to put up with disorganized, never there site facilitators (head custodians). The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the teachers, students, and some parents.
Pros
Fairly decent wages
Cons
horrible company to work for, they are very wasteful.
I Clean 23 rooms everyday
Custodian (Former Employee) –  schoolsAugust 23, 2015
clean floors restrooms shampoo clean rooms any day operate machines. My workers and i cooperate very well as a team. the most enjoyable part of my job is getting along with my co workers, hardest would have to be working by myself
Pros
Cons
any
Great Environment
School bus driver (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVAugust 17, 2015
WCSD Bus yard at the central location was a great place to work. The other drivers go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. They truly are a team and that is the way they work. Always willing to help each other out!
Great place to work.
Bilingual Attendance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washoe County School DistrictAugust 12, 2015
I have worked in the adminstration department as a substitute. I've enjoyed all aspects of my employment. Especially my experiences with students and staff
Great children & staff...stressful testing schedule
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 10, 2015
I really enjoyed the students, parents, and staff. However, over the last few years, the testing schedule has gotten out of hand. There is nothing more engaging than making your way through an interesting unit of study. Preparing and administering test consumed our schedule and created a great deal of stress on both students and teachers.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Testing Schedule
The supervisors were friendly and always available for its employees
Bilingual Teacher Aide- I (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 6, 2015
I liked my supervisor there and the management too because they were always available to hear my concerns and were very supportive of my decisions. I enjoyed working here for the most part.
Would do it again!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 10, 2015
The community outreach was wonderful. I highly enjoyed the team I worked with. Challenging at times, but a wonderful learning experience over all.
Good Pay and bebefits
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 29, 2015
Plan curriculum and teach students. Maintain professional relationships with students staff and parents. Grade and maintain filing systems. use of technological equipment and programs.
The management varied from school to school. The upper management hired some principals that were bullies and would write up false review on teachers they didn't like for their own personal reasons.
Greatest part of the job was helping and seeing children grow and learn and become confident about themselves.
Pros
Working with children, pay and benefits
Cons
lots of overtime not compensated for
Awesome place to work!
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 7, 2015
If you love children, this is the place for you. Hello!

My name is Gianna Enriquez. I have been a barista for over a year. I love every moment of it. I have worked at a casino owned Starbucks as well as a corporate Starbucks. I can easily memorize drinks. I am a coffee lover myself and am extremely passionate for it. I also have over 2 years of cash handling experience. I am extremely flexible and adaptable. I am an early bird, you will never catch me late to work. From being a server and barista, I know how important it is to make a great impression on each and every costumer. I also believe that teamwork is extremely important to help keep the workplace go efficiently well. I would love to be a part of your team! I have pasted my resume below. Thank you so much for your time!
I like to work with my team
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Nevada, United StatesMay 6, 2015
I like to work at my job every day. I work with a excellent team. Challenging the hard things at my work, and accomplishing them each time I succeed in my future. What I like the most about my job, is to maintain my area clean and safe. I learn each day how to fix mistakes and make them better next time.
Pros
nothing
Cons
short breaks
Supportive Staff and Room to Grow
Site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 21, 2015
The position I work for allows for growth in and outside the company. They allow and support trainings and continuing education. The benefits are great! Plenty of time off with the holidays and vacation pay.
I enjoyed working in a heavy traffic school where there was a lot of activity and challenges every day. I love people and enjoy serving them.
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 7, 2015
As the administrative secretary I would greet people coming into the office, collect and enter student data, balance checkbook, manage teacher accounts, payroll, HR paperwork for employees, purchasing, budgeting, answer phones, interact with other departments in district, build and maintain good relationships with students, staff and parents. Keep accurate records for State Reports, assist Principal with her duties as needed.
Pros
I enjoyed working in a high traffic busy office
Cons
It was stressful and demanding at times
Good Place to work
Trainer/Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 2, 2015
Teach classes, Test new drivers, drive routes as necessary.
Multi-tasking is possible but not advisable while driving.
No knowledge about transporting students.
a drifferent breed of people.
Closed minds.
Every day is different
Pros
the people and students
Cons
split shift days
A very steady-paced work environment.
Custodial (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 28, 2015
Became more knowledgeable in the typical duties of maintaining school classrooms and other surroundings. Snow removal took priority in Winter. School personnel were always friendly to Me, as were my co-workers. I learned to be a part of a strong team in big projects when they arose.
Pros
very steady employment
Cons
sorry it was not to last.
Fun
Teacher Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 25, 2015
Great to work with teachers and staff to see if working in a school district is right for you.
Pros
fun, benefits
Cons
low pay
Much larger School District with very poor Administrative Staff
Spec Education Teacher - Deaf Elementary (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 25, 2014
horrible work environment! Staff relations with building principals were very poor & it was a very much dog eat dog work environment!
Cons
very poor administrative staff
Work at an after school program and manage to get the children to their destination to snacks, recess, academic tutoring, and enrichment activities.
Teacher Assistant - Grace Warner Elementary School (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 21, 2014
Everyday we set up the tables, garbage, snacks, and take attendance for the after school program. After fifteen minutes of snacks the children gets a fifteen minute recess. Then we guide each grade of students to their academic tutoring and we either help the teachers or manage to help parents at the cafeteria area. When academic tutoring is done after an hour, we have enrichment hour of fun activities. Each day will be different like, computers, outside activities, art, board games, science experiments, and etc. Finally, the last thirty minutes the children will have dinner and during that time the parents pick up their kids.
Having patients is the key to success when dealing with about 40 to 60 children. Getting to know the children and being understandable helps to relate to their situations. Managing the program could be hard at times, however we make it through and work together as a team. Communication is the most important part when working with co-workers and handling many kids. It's fun working at an after school program cause everyday is different, sometimes it will be easy or difficult and love to make a positive difference to each children.