Washtenaw Community College Employee Reviews

WCC is my favorite place to work
Computer desck (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 4, 2017
It was work study program so I am only allowed to work no more than 24 hours, but I enjoyed working with people from different nationality. We are all students, we make our own work schedules, that was my favorite part.
Pros
we are allowed to do homework right there.
Clinical instructor
Mental Health Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 13, 2017
Run groups with students, therapeutic communication skills.
Arrive at 8 am go to report with staff, run morning DBT groups with students. Spend time developing therapeutic communication with clients.
Pros
wonderful staff
Great Place
Lab Tech/ Warehouse Aide (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 3, 2017
I go t Fair wages for a seasonal position and I would gladly do it again. I enjoyed the people and atmosphere immensely and if the position was not a temporary one the benefits would have been even better.
Best community college
Instructor, English 111 (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 18, 2017
WCC is a student focused community college that strives to help every student succeed. The college is a reflection of the diversity that exists in the community it serves.
Fun and Laid Back
Study Staff (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 17, 2017
I like my supervisor and my co-workers. They were very laid back. I also learned a lot in this work-study job. It made us study the basic computer software, which is very beneficial if you are looking for career advancement in your future years in whatever you are pursuing. It served as my training in order to be fluent in Softwares that are necessary for today's society.
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJune 27, 2017
WCC has been a major stepping stone for me by allowing me to be able to work hands on with students and customers. The atmosphere is so amazing and the staff are very professional.
Great Place to be Employeed
Welding Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 22, 2017
Work was well balanced with not much stress.
Employees and students where always great and eager to learn.
Easy to stay busy and find something to do.
The professors where great and a pleasure to work with.
Lack of hours, but full of quality
Writing Center Tutor (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 4, 2017
Being at tutor at Washtenaw Community College brought about old faces and new faces every day. One of the most pleasing aspects of the job was when I would see my peers that I was helping apply grammatical or structural concepts in the future. I also enjoyed hearing their interpretations on controversial subjects. Since I was a student and there was not much availability, I usually did not work more than 5 hours a week. Still, it was the best job I had.
Productive, professional and easy going
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIMay 28, 2017
My workplace is certainly a fun job where the workers are all polite and easy to get along with. The work hours are flexible, everybody played their part and as a team we successfully get the job done every time.
Pros
Free lunch, flexible work hours, friendly coworkers
A great place for part time instructors
Instructor of English (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 27, 2017
Washtenaw Community College is an excellent place to work. The part time faculty lounge with free coffee, candy, printing, and a computer lab is more of a benefit than one would think. For a part-time faculty position, the college pays well and the people that work there and attend there are a joy to work with.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
No benefits for part-timers
productive, beneficial, and fun
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 15, 2017
i really enjoyed my time as a student at this school. the teachers and staff are wonderful and vey helpful. it is a great place for teens out of high school to start their journey for a college degree.
I enjoyed my work at Washtenaw and would work there again if offered.
INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 9, 2017
I've only taught two courses there in a 13 year period so really have no insight as to administrative issues except that I was treated with respect. (This is not an appropriate issue for review given my brevity at the school.)
The most enjoyable part of the job
Part-time Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 3, 2017
I am a clinical instructor for WCC for the students in their last rotation. The clinical is in Medical Surgical III. I have to be honest and say that I was really surprised at the level of enjoyment I get from these students. They are knowledgeable, yet uncertain. It is my job to help facilitate the transition between student nurse to nurse. I enjoy see such a remarkable change in their confidence level by the end of their rotation. That personally is such an amazing reward. The bonus is that the staff have come to really embrace the students. New nurses need to feel welcomed into our culture and I really strive to create a positive environment. Removing intimidation from learning situations is paramount, this is an area in which I really like to focus. I am honored to be a part of the nursing process.
I also have the opportunity to teach in the simulation lab. It is amazing to see the level of engagement the students have when immersed in a simulation. Simulation allows the students to participate in a clinical situation, then assess their performance, and debrief. This is a safe way to create good communication, while averting future mistakes.
Just Not the Place I Hired Into
Staff (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 30, 2017
At one time this was an amazing place to work. The people cared about each other and took the time to get to know each other. Everyone cared about the student welfare and showed it by what they did, not just what they said. The "bottom line" was about the people who's lives we changed.
Now the bottom line seems to be all about the money. The words regarding support of students and staff are just words. Tuition continually increases while only the executive level expands. Moral has suffered and many good people have been lost under this administration.
It's unfortunate that such an awesome place has fallen into neglect. I'm sure it will recover - just don't know when.
Pros
The faculty and staff who have remained still put students first.
Cons
Administration makes putting students and customer service first more difficult every day.
Washtenaw Community College
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 28, 2017
Thankful for my experiences here; good and otherwise because they've shaped me professionally. Nice campus, tuition coverage available for full-time and part-time employees, however health benefits have changed wherein, less seems covered but costs more.
Pros
Tuition coverage, events on campus
Cons
Healthcare costs, safety, lack of concern for employees.
Decent.
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 21, 2017
Colleagues were nice people. Work hours were decent. Nice scenery when walking around the campus. Students were interesting. Nice restaurants to eat.
Typical Day at Work
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMarch 22, 2017
Was a very nice and relaxed environment to work until they got a new director of security. He is making unnecessary changes within the department that could potentially put a lot of a people out of work for non needed gain.
Good first job.
PT Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMarch 12, 2017
Gave me god experience in the job field and allowed me to pay for schooling. Friendly upper management. Very cleanly and safe work environment. The management expected good work ethics and would treat you well as result.
Administrative staff, student student development and activities sports
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 26, 2017
Implemented intramural sports program across campus, Created and maintained documents using Google docs and Microsoft Office Suite, Direct marketing, recruiting, team-building to grow program Intramural Sports program 734% growth in the first year. Provided mediation, conflict resolution, health and safety protocol during competition.
Pros
Personal growth and involvement
Cons
part-time employment
Rewarding
Northern Area Extension Center Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 28, 2017
Supporting students and staff is very rewarding. Everyday there is something new that can be learned. It is an eclectic position that does not get boring.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Washtenaw Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4