Washtenaw Community College

Washtenaw Community College Employer Reviews

Great Place to work
Automotive Lab Tech/ Support Staff (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIApril 15, 2014
Pros: great environment, people
Cons: no benefits, and only a 20 hr a week position.
A typical day at work here usually includes, making sure the shop is in order. Making sure vehicles are prepped for the classes. Maintaining shop vehicles example checking fluids, tires, making sure everything is put together properly. Also I work in the tool crib. I order parts, hand out tools students will need, keep inventory. I have learned a lot – more... form working here. I also took the program to become an certified mechanic. The management is great, I never have any problems with them. My co workers are friendly and very helpful when needed. The most difficult part of this job is trying to get everything done in one day. There is so much to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I am able to help the students when they are learning. – less
Telementor
TeleMentor/Tutor (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMarch 22, 2014
We telementor and helped 8th grade students learn about College
Helping students reach their full potential
Manager of Student Accounting (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 23, 2014
Great higher education organization. The Student Accounting Division of WCC is a busy place helping the students understand their account information, payment deadlines, and how to enter payment plans.
Great educational institution
Business Instructor (part-time) (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 31, 2014
I love being in an environment of learners. It's very rewarding to help students learn, grow and flourish.
Great place to teach
Spanish Instructor (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: the environment
Cons: the low salary
I taught Spanish there for 1 semester and I loved it, the students, the environment, it was great.
Great work environment
Part-Time Faculty (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIOctober 8, 2013
Pros: respect from coworkers and management
Cons: lack of available work hours
Great place to work. Adequate training and support. Great benefits and compensation.
as s teacher learn to be organized
FACULTY MEMBER (Former Employee), Washtenaw Community CollegeSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: love teaching
Cons: students not dedicated or prepared
-never knew if students were prepared
-like teaching in an class environment
-love interacting with the student, seeing how quickly they learn, and performed
-must be prepared for any given situation that was not related to the class assignment,
Working at these places taught me how to be patient and more outgoing of a person. I learned how to do templates and cerical things
Assistant to Secretary (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJuly 18, 2013
Pros: free food some days. coffee, filter water, faxing and copying for free
Cons: early hours ever wednesday where i had to be up super early but i got use to it.
I learned how to interact with professors. To muti task more then i ever have and to still attend classes.My co workers were really nice and we got along great. Whenever somebody needed me to pick up the slack i was always willing to.
It was a very diverse working place.
Student Support Staff (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJuly 17, 2013
Pros: face to face contact.
Cons: not full time.
I greated all students and staff as a front counter support staff which it gave me a lot of oppportunities to content with all walks of life.
Adjunct professor
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJuly 10, 2013
This is a great community college to work for. I taught microbiology to undergraduates.
A great chance to put my skills to work helping others
Classroom Lab Aide (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJune 26, 2013
The typical day as a Lab Aide consists of helping students with software and or hardware issues related to the class. This may be internet, classroom software, or computer system problems.

It also involves assisting the instructor with errands, printers, passing out worksheets and a variety of other tasks.
A great learning enviroment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMarch 5, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no healthcare
I would either open or close lab. Manage the staff working with me. Help in assisting the patrons. Great management and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was dealing with budget cuts to our department. Most enjoyable helping people trying to achieve their educational dreams.
Fun workplace and welcoming staff
Clerical Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: excellent employees
Working at WCC was very laid back but none the less, everyone managed to get everything done on time. Employees are excellent and it really feels like a family when working here.
Awesome place to work! There's so much learning taking place.
English and Grammar Tutor (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: stress free environment
Cons: less than 40 hours per week
I love it! It's a great place to work. The people are nice and friendly.
Great place to work!
Clerk (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 2, 2013
Great place to work! Very nice environment and friendly co-workers.
was ok then budget crunch & politics made it difficult
Business Education Computer Support Specialist (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJuly 2, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: every changing requirments, duties
help students learn MS:Office software. learned how to use software I was not familiar with & the newer interface. hardest part was to work with unpleasant unhappy students. best when someone finally asked the question that would lead to their understanding & how to do the work.
GED Examiner (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJune 18, 2012
I was part time so as far as lots of advancement and benefits I wasnt in the loop.
Great resource for job searching
Note taker (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIApril 11, 2012
great place to be emplyeed and attend as a student
great experience
great culture
very versatile
Erratic Hours
Level 1 Computer Tech (Former Employee), Ypsilanti, MIJanuary 29, 2012
Cons: commute
From working in a Computer Lab as a Computer Assistant, we often had very few hours, sometimes 4 one week, other times 12 in a week. I had to work in a lab on the other side of AA. Spent more on gas than I made that day.