Wasserstrom Employee Reviews

Fun and safe work place for the most part
Operator 1 (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 30, 2017
A typical day at work is real busy from start to finish.My main focus will be to do my job right and as safe as I can do it to the best of my ability.The hardest part of my job is sometimes having to put away real heavy items while the easiest is having to put away real light items.The workplace culture changes from day to day and hour by hour.At Wasserstrom I learned to operate the Cherry Picker to where I got real good at doing.
Pros
Starting early getting off early
Cons
How hot it can get in the warehouse during the summer
productive a nice place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 23, 2017
I had work with this company for 3 years. reason for leaving they moved to another location. a typical warehouse work. packing in a line and quality control.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
to far to drive
Co-workers r polite and willing to help one another
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 11, 2017
The short time I worked at wasserstrom I was told by upper management to keep up the good work and that I would have a full time position with the company well didn't turn out that way I was released because of lack of work as they say but they turn around the next day and bring in another temp worker as one of my former co-workers informed me
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
U go to work wondering if its going to b ur last day or not
Very nice work atmosphere
Data Content (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 27, 2017
I worked from home and was required to go in once a month. When I had to go in it was a good work atmosphere and able to get work done timely. Worked with me on my hours that I worked.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Pay
Great company
Painter (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 10, 2017
The place is easy to get to, and parking is just fine. The crew is knowledgeable, and they do focus on high quality products. They train well, however their compensation is considerably lower than the competitors, while the benefits are pretty good.
Good Company
Installation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 6, 2017
Very good company to work for at the time a lot of traveling for this job. This job taught me a lot about construction. Good co workers
Working to Go in Debt
Operator I (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 24, 2016
A typical workday at Wasserstrom consists of arriving at 5 or 6 am and clocking in. Supposed to attend meetings and sometimes they do them and sometimes they don't. The schedule always changes throughout the week. Management does not know how to manage the workload. We are not guaranteed 40 hours a week. I have a good group of co-workers. There is nothing hard about the job but the pay stinks and if you have a family to support, this is not going to do it. The most enjoyable part of my job is my co-workers.
Pros
You'll know everyday if you have to get off early or not.
Cons
Short breaks, low pay
Comfortable
Builder (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXAugust 4, 2016
Comfortable place to work.
If you are a builder, this is a nice place to enjoy the process building kitchen cabinets and countertops.
Wasserstrom
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 31, 2016
Walk in Recieve blue prints on jobs needing to be done by time. Hardest part of job is them keeping the blueprints right or the steel benders doing their job correctly. which if they dont the fabricators fixed it.
Educational
Welder (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 4, 2015
Working at S&G I learned a variety of knowledge on how to build stainless restaurant equipment, sinks, work tables, and refrigerated equipment.
what I learned
TIG/ Brake Operator (Current Employee) –  Peoria AZJuly 8, 2015
Management does not update wrong blue prints. It is a mess there. It make your job harder and longer. There is no solution on how to fix it.
4 out of 5 stars
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 22, 2015
Busy but pay fairly Hard labor but a good company. Lots of overtime to consider not alot of free time for personal life but pays well
Great place for experience
Warehouse Worker, Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 29, 2014
Working at Wasserstrom was only good for the experience. I learned new computer systems, package handling, truck loading, cherry picker driving, stock chaser driving, stand up, electric pallet jack driving, training procedures, and most importantly I learned how to deal with being mistreated by a company. Wasserstrom was under horrible management. The pay of the job was not worth the job requirements. This company never had any oppurtunities for advancement.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Horrible Pay
Great Job
Returns Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 22, 2014
Great place to work. Mangaement very helpful and wants you to understand all aspects of your job.
Very intense physically demanding job
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZSeptember 8, 2014
Being at Wasserstrom was a blessing because my mother in law actually got me a job there but unfortunately that was the only part of the job that was good. From day one they expected so much out of you physically and if you didn't meet certain requirements, be prepared to look in the classified section of the newpaper.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Physically demanding
great place
Tig Welder (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 6, 2014
tig weld custom stainless counter. very clean and organized, new tooling and welders
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 1, 2013
Staying focused and trying to complete my job.
pick/and pack
had some realy good co-workers to help.
The management was fair.
The hardest thing was trying to complete tickets in a timely matter.
the atmosphere is what I enjoyed the most.
Pros
My job was within walking distance.
Cons
the lunch breaks.
fast paced work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 24, 2013
Great people to work with, fast paced energetic environment.
Pros
great people to work with, advancement possible
Cons
salaries were a bit low
Production and coworkers
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 10, 2013
Its a good company just wrong people running it worked 9 hours with good coworkers and the hardest part was the heavy lifting but loved my coworkers
a enjoyable job for me as i like to meet new people
Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 3, 2013
I go in and load my truck, start daily deliveries, and if done early, help in warehouse. As far as learning, I have learned to organize my route, built good relationships with my customers, and set up and coordinate opening contracts. I feel Management could do better if it were more organized, up-to-date, and more acceptable to suggestions in the work place. Most of my co-workers are a good group of people, however, I feel a few do not care about their work performance. The hardest part of my job is the constant add-ons during the day because of poor scheduling, not getting products to drivers before their shift, and constant phone calls from several people which results in the same questions being asked over and over while trying to service customers. I enjoy my job, working with co-workers and customers, who are great. I am equally glad to have built a good relationship with them.
Pros
seeing new parts of my city i have never been to, meeting new types of people
Cons
being interrupted while trying to service my customers, not having products ready to deliver in morning to meet delivery time frames

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wasserstrom. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9