Waste Connections Inc Employee Reviews

Legacy Progressive Waste Failure
District Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Houma, CNMarch 30, 2017
Company is built on Servant Leadership and the ideology is great and the talk from corporate is empowering but they will not support middle management in any capacity. I was Legacy Progressive Waste and they were not interested in supporting the "Change" or stepping in when local management was involved in illegal activities.
Pros
Good talk
Cons
No support
Drivers
Deiver (Current Employee) –  Goodrich, TXAugust 17, 2016
A driver is under paid and gets treated like a pup.
The management has changed three times in three years. What does that tell you? This company is a joke.
Typical Work Day
Automated Route Driver (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo County, CANovember 29, 2015
MOST of my co-workers were fun to be around and work with. MOST of the day to day contact with customers on route is great. The NEW MANAGEMENT at this place is HORRIBLE, they don't care about you, they don't care that you talk to your customers throughout the day to make sure they know you are someone and not just a driver. MANAGEMENT constantly change the workplace rules to suit their needs to get you in trouble. Since the SLO Garbage family of businesses was purchased by Waste Connections a few years back the turn over rate has been high. NEW MANAGEMENT constantly looks for ways to take the hard work and great customer service you do and turn it against you. PAY, HOURS, and WORK is great but its not worth the relentless belittling you have to put up with from the current MANAGEMENT! You are reduced to a number and if you have been there several years, they find a way to terminate you and replace you with a lower wage driver to boost their profits!
Pros
MOST co-workers, Pay, Hours, Job, Benefits
Fast Paced and High Standerds
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver WAOctober 1, 2015
They strive to provide a safe work internment for all employees. Some feel that the high standards are not compensated enough monetarily. Good benefits may make up for lower pay. Although there is a lot of corporate protocol, there is a relaxed atmosphere that many employees enjoy.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 16, 2015
Great bosses, great work environment. Taught me a lot as a driver. Id love to work for them in the future again if fate pushes me there
Pros
Working without a boss present
Cons
routes are far to big
learn what you can and move on up
CSR/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Kingsburg, CAJuly 8, 2014
I worked 40hrs a week I learned new computer soft wear and paper work along with the office skill that I already had knowledge of. Management had there moments of revolving doors there were managers that where meant to be managers and one's that went by the seat of the pants and really didn't know what they were doing. I got along with all my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the lies that the company would feed the employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new skills and the first 2 years of being with the company.
Pros
great medical benefits
Cons
lies
A good place to work
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 30, 2014
The burden of the trucks are dependent on the swing shift. All drivers Vehicle Condition Reports (VCR's) must be cleared prior to leaving. Repairs on a nightly basis include, hydraulics, brakes, CNG issues, Diesel issues, and a multitude of other repairs that must be completed prior to end of shift. Normal working hours are 3:00pm -11:30pm. working hours on a normal basis 2:30pm-2:00am. I have learned a lot in the operation of the hydraulic system of trash trucks. I have a high knowledge of hydraulics, so this was not too hard. Management has a lot to be desired. My co-workers are okay. Some desire to learn from the more experienced while others seem to know it all and it is only a matter of time before failure seems to strike the "know it all". I cannot lock into one particular item that would be the hardest part of the job. there is many difficult jobs matched by as many simpler jobs. I focus on the job at hand and in most cases, this is the enjoyment of my dat
Pros
???
Cons
Long Hours, Poor Supervision
Steady work, No advancement opportunities!
Frontload- Automated (Former Employee) –  Omaha NEMarch 4, 2014
I worked for this company for about 4 years. In my time there I had good job security. The work/life balance was good doing front load, but the automated routes, lets just say the hours were show up and its dark, leave after its dark, and usually they wouldn't hire yard waste drivers, so when you were done with your trash route, you had to go back and finish the yard waste on your route.
Another aspect that seems odd is this company has a policy of not rehiring former employees, which seems odd as they hire inexperienced drivers as opposed to experienced.
Pros
Good Pay, decent equipment
Cons
Poor management, no advancement
this place SUCKS!!!
MECHANIC, TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  LILY KYFebruary 2, 2014
typical day was working on the junk trucks and dealing with the maintance managers constant harassment. I learned that my manager would rather you put junk parts on trucks and have to hurry and get them on the road than fix them correctly. Management all sucks and all cover for each other aRses. there was nothing enjoyable about this job, worst disorganized, mismanaged place I've ever been. very low pay and benefits were horrible. LILY KY LOCATION NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN AND ALL THEIR BUTTS SENT HOME......
Pros
When I quit
Cons
No breaks, Low pay, Unorganized, Lack of management
Stable Company
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 12, 2013
Waste Connections, Inc. was a great company to work for and offered benefits.
Assistant Lead Operator/Heavy Equipment (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LADecember 6, 2013
Great place for begginers in Heavy equipment operations. Hardest Part of the job is being able to endure outside weather. Good to bad coworker ratio is equal.
Pros
Great Compensation and Current Landfill Manager
Cons
Work to family time ratio

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waste Connections Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9